Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136670

Alright, got an Exp/Unstable update for Tuesday - lets dig in:

- Fix for Infinite Sticks/Logs
- Fix for door state desync
- Possible resolution for items being desynced when leaving network bubble (state/quantity/visibility)
- Adjustment to Infected FOV and Alert
- Adjustment to some military loot tags
- Removal of hide body for player corpses (until intended function paired with shovel is present)

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected alert state is very reduced - Aggro range / etc reduced
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Fix for Infinite Sticks/Logs

Does that include apples/stones? I had the impression the cause for those were the same.

For me it looks like "- VOIP volume too loud" is fixed, no more "exlpoding" ears since some days

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Removal of hide body for player corpses (until intended function paired with shovel is present)

Speaking of which did the devs find any link to the infected hide corpses? When i did that before it reset me back 1-2 minutes after crash. It may have been the server.

Just asking i can test it again on hide corpses to infected.

5 minutes ago, wasnu said:

For me it looks like "- VOIP volume too loud" is fixed, no more "exlpoding" ears since some days

Made the same experience as you yesterday. Talked to a random guy and we didn't have problems

9 minutes ago, gekker said:

Does that include apples/stones? I had the impression the cause for those were the same.

No developer gave said impression.

No, it does not. 

(Make sure to get your information from official sources, and not word of mouth! - I heard that Hicks guy took the money and ran, and that President Obama was actually an alien lizard person)

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No, it does not. 

(Make sure to get your information from official sources, and not word of mouth! - I heard that Hicks guy took the money and ran, and that President Obama was actually an alien lizard person)

I heard Hicks had a BMW, A large house, and 5 million in the bank at his disposal too :)

and then i heard Obama tried to get a loan from Hicks, and was denied!

4 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No, it does not. 

Haha, no it was an personal impression. I will try to avoid comming to silly conclusions in the future :)

Love the work of you guys btw!

Wow, this is really impressive how many Fix-Patches keep coming through the Pipeline :D Really lovely to see and alleviates some worries, but I know you guys are pressing on hard! Thank you so much <3

One question @Hicks_206 (DayZ)! - Do you guys plan on addressing the Apple/Fruit tree bug in .61? Or will we have to wait until the impending World Container change? 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

no wipe?

There will always be a wipe from now on. Brian says this in the middle of his post.

6 minutes ago, jakon72 said:

There will always be a wipe from now on. Brian says this in the middle of his post.

yeah well, it wasn't a wipe that's why i was surprised, we need a wipe.

7 minutes ago, jakon72 said:

servers were online for a few min.

so mabe there was no wipe, i can't tell, as i didn't play last version

30 minutes ago, wasnu said:

It seems to me that it's been slightly reduced, but definitely not fixed.

35 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

What kind of issue did this feature break? I think that a player corpse that can not be hidden is really dangerous becuase any bandit could use that gear to harm me. I sometimes have the feeling you remove useful features like the ammunition sort out feature for no reason. 

5 minutes ago, bufanda said:

What kind of issue did this feature break? I think that a player corpse that can not be hidden is really dangerous becuase any bandit could use that gear to harm me. I sometimes have the feeling you remove useful features like the ammunition sort out feature for no reason. 

Not a feature, legacy bug.

6 minutes ago, bufanda said:

I believe there was a way to hide your own body when you were killed, which resulted in people not being able to loot their 'just rewards' xD 

I don't think this is bad anyway. Unless you dig a grave, the body shouldn't disappear. More than that, dragging the body away to hide is way cooler in my mind haha

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Espa said:

I believe there was a way to hide your own body when you were killed, which resulted in people not being able to loot their 'just rewards' xD 

I don't think this is bad anyway. Unless you dig a grave, the body shouldn't disappear. More than that, dragging the body away to hide is way cooler in my mind haha

For now there is always the option of just trowing away what we don't want others to find.
G has its uses :)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bufanda said:

Then take his stuff in your hands and hide THEM somewhere. I'd say it's great they removed the hide body feature for now