Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136642

Apples should be easy to optain but they should give only marginal nutritional value compared to stomach volume. I just eat 5-6 apples and I get healing status in de-bug. On other hand deer, cow, boar (are they still in game) steaks should be way more nutritional. To bake/cook a steak you need items that take up to 6-8 inventory slots and it should be more revarding.

• Like 1

Hello !

I have a question ! 

With the improvement with server performance and desync is there a chance that the number of player by server will be increase with 0.61 patch ?

thank you !

Just got shot by a mute freshie with an invisible gun while trying to provide pumpkins for the great people of Cherno.

• Like 5

hi

please check sound of CZ scorpion + silencer, when you shoot, it make no noise at all.... quite effective for Zombies anyway... bit cheated agaisnt player...

thank you

• Like 2

nice patch so far, no desynch or crash. food was very hard to find on the coast, but infecteds were full of soda cans and canned food, i managed to get energised and hydrated just by looting them.

i found some fishing rods near a boat, first time i see them in the game. i could not find any hooks sadly (did not found any chicken either :( ).

i met a firendly guy near the barns above dubky, he gave me some .45 ACP rounds for my 1911, it was good to have some friendly interaction between two armed players, it's been more rare these days than in exp in older versions.

161213012016973519.jpg

161213012016727460.jpg

Edited by Zboub le meteor
  • Like 1

Gunshots don't seem to be fixed entirely.

I just got shot at multiple times and didn't hear a single sound, he must have been really close though since he shot with a .22 (I went unconscious after a headshot to my helmet).

Gunshots are not always working. Both people who shot at Luc and Emu at the airfield had AK's and I believe both not silenced, still I didn't hear the shots neither did Luc. Only Emuthreat heard their shots. And this got confirmed because I rewatched Emu's video of his stream.

And there is too much loot, boo! I have 5 AKM magazines with around 250 bullets in total, AKM with supressor and PSO-1-1, MP5 with supressor, buttstock, sight and 2 full magazines. I had a fuckton of 5.45 which I gave Luc and a fuckton of 5.56 which I gave Emuthreat. Perhaps they were gathering some test data/useful information or just see how this sudden change in loot would work out.

10 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

I definitely feel like the rain should be a bigger threat than starving.  At least, I don't think you should be able to counter it by sprinting (with absurd consumption rates).  If it's raining the focus should be on getting shelter and getting dry.  The whole notion that "it's cold and raining thus I should seek shelter and warmth as soon as possible... but wait a minute my stomach is literally eating itself!" seems comically silly.  And yes there's always easy mode (apples).  Good old apples.

Of course this will all continue to be balanced up to 1.0, but I just saw a window to offer my opinion.  :)

The less you move, the slower your hunger and hydration goes. Sprinting obviously drains the most and sitting still drains almost nothing I believe. I tested this but I can't remember which patch it was. What I did was sprint the same distance/lap everytime until my hydration went dark green. After that I waited until my breath was back and my character calmed down, drank until my hydration was up to the max and did the same again but then while jogging which showed some interesting results. My do this test again sometime and post the results but keep in my mind, systems can or will be changed during development so your findings might be different than mine.

10 hours ago, Espa said:

Hehe well, I personally have never tried running from my city to the next while starving and being dehydrated! I'm sure that'd be terrible xD

My experiences with Hypothermia in DayZ is that it's more a long term killer than an immediate one. Without a hat and a good torso piece, I've died several times to it - All the while I was very much Stuffed with food and such.  

Long term? Hell, if you get to the hypothermia stage you better get your ass next to a fire because your blood will drain rapidly, which is of course realistic  when you're that cold. If you still need to run and find a good spot and make a fire when you're already hypothermic you will probably die.

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Seriously guys, are we still talking about the rain?  If it rains and you don't have any waterproof clothing, just take off your clothes, hold the largest inventory item in your hands, and keep the most important things in your hands.  Light fires as needed, and loot until you get raincoat or gorka. Its alphabetical!

Wearing wet clothing while it is raining and you are cold, is suicide.  If you get below 34.70, you are going to die; unless you light a fire immediately, and get naked for a bit while your clothes dry.  Once your body is soaked, you may as well throw off those wet rags that only drain your core body temperature faster.
Once your body is dry, you can put your dry clothing back on, and your rate of warming will increase significantly.

Southcentral 0-2
I had one hell of a run today with IMT and Luc Tonnere.  I ran to Dolina to meet a fresh-spawned Luc, while IMT ran to meet us by Wooded Ridge.  We met up, and soon heard wolves towards Novy Sobor, which we ran towards.  IMT and I managed to kill the two wolves, collected the meat, and proceeded to loot the town.  We moved to 
StarySobor from the north, finding no people, both before and after a scheduled restart.
We ran to NWAF and looted haphazardly north along the eastern side, until Luc spotted a player at the NW Quonset Hut when he randomly decided to run across the runway.  The guy took a shot and ate an entire magazine of 5.45 from Luc.  IMt and I ran across the runway, and I made it just in time to grab a couple things off the body, which disapeared after ony three minutes.  His backpack was loaded with AK101 mags, Coupled STANAG, and his pulse read "No Unit" before his body disappeared too soon to completely loot.

We discovered this shit today:  The SPOSN Tortilla Backpack is now bigger than the Assault Bakpack.  They switched sizes, even proportions; it's as if they traded bodies, yet SPOSN retains waterproof quality.

Reveal hidden contents

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

We ran the NWAF tents with moderate loot success, compared to our earlier hostile Lone-Wolf bonanza.  After we met up in the pillbox, we took fire fro the near Eastern side of the pillbox. 

We managed to escape to the north treeline with much confusion, myself having never spotted the aggressor, even after running back towards the pillbox to find him.  I stopped behind a tent after hearing the aggressor shooting a few zeds, and apparently running into a container.  We thought he D/C'ed.
Upon meeting up to the north and taking along the road to Bash, Luc took shots from an AMK along the Eastern edge of the road behind us.  I saw the modest flash and black silhouette of the player who shot Luc, and downed him with two AK101 shots to center mass.  I saw a CR 527 on the player, but never saw the AKM that he used to shoot Luc.

I tended to Luc for a minute, trying the basic options such as bandaging, force feeding/drinking, and morphine; but with no success.  Luc stood up after the first round of CPR that IMT gave, but Luc never saw anything other than black.  One more round put him back down, and I decided to run to NP med center--at which point we took shots.

I ran North towards Bash jail, with IMT hiding and watching the player firing upon us.  I took one hit to the legs, and managed to buttonhook back under a tree to bandage.  IMT kept eyes on the uphill threat, while Luc still lay unconscious, and I watched the knob north of the curve in the road leading west to the Bash gate.  After a moment of IMt reporting spotty sightings of the second shooter (wearing black firefighter jacket), I ran around the east side of the hill, finding the second shooter attempting to run back up from the bottom.  He saw me and hid behind the oak trunk, but decided to run away, at which point I delivered our answer to his previous request.
Luc awoke immediately after, perhaps a tesatment to the value of powdered milk, seeing as we never even made it off the hill to search for medical supplies.

We ran Tisy later, and got even more ridiculously geared.  And I still never cooked those wolf steaks from Novy.  Prepared food spawns need massive, massive nerfing.  Survival is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too easy now, even with applespammin' alone; let's see some people located outside of dense apple zones learn how to hunt, fish and farm.

It was indeed an interesting run. But I don't think the guy at the pillbox shot first at us. I heard him run in a container and his breathing suddenly not far from the pillbox. I believe it was Luc who took a shot at him. I don't know if he knew we were there because before Luc shot I already moved to the north side of the pillbox to make sure both entrances of the pillbox were covered and if he came in the both of you would cover the south side and the north side covered by me. I must say he did very well flanking us and probably even gambled that we would go to Novaya Petrovka so ambushing us was a smart thing. Unfortunately it didn't work out as planned I guess but it's very stupid to try and ambush 3 people when you're friend isn't even in position. I still can't believe how bad the guy was with tactics compared to his buddy. I think he kept in the same spot where he shot you from originally but not sure because I couldn't hear shots nor did I know where he was when he shot at you. I'm glad that I didn't try to shoot him and just wait until I got the chance which led to you rushing him with my help. This was good communication on our side and bad communication on their side. Still, kudos to the guy for getting away from the tents and flanking us even though Luc and me were both watching the tents. He probably sneaked away somewhere I couldn't see him and because I was focused on the tents and the general area where he was I didn't see him move out in the woods to the east. Sometimes not looking through a scope is even better because spotting movement when sitting still is easier and after that you can zoom in.

By the way, Luc kept going unconscious because his blood was below 500. If your blood is below 500 and someone helps you up by CPR, a epen or defib you will immediately go back unconscious again because you're still below 500 blood. I think he even was close to dying and if I didn't immediately go to him when you killed that guy he would've died within 10 seconds. Feeding Luc and giving him water definitely saved him and started his blood regenerating. Funny enough the second you killed the second guy Luc woke up at the exact moment. But judging by the time we were busy trying to get him up and killing the second guy he was maybe at 100 blood when I bandaged him!

Edited by IMT

8 minutes ago, EmisoccerOG said:

How do i update to experimental?

Ady36fq.jpg

• Like 2

I tried a no apple (or berry) challenge and it made for a much better game.

I hurt my back snow shoveling, and snow blowing... so i am laid up for a couple days.

New patch today boss?

I was on for awhile last night playing with my cousin. I was on US Southwest 0-2 and noticed a lot of desync. However, my cousin did not, this could have just been me because my ISP is having an issue with a oversaturated node in my area. I wanted to at least report incase anyone else was seeing this, as I did not see it prior to this last build. Additionally, there were characters running around on the coast with what looked like a melee, felt like a melee but the weapon was not showing up in their hands. Both my cousin and I noticed this issue. It seemed like it was the fire extinguisher.

4 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

I was on for awhile last night playing with my cousin. I was on US Southwest 0-2 and noticed a lot of desync. However, my cousin did not, this could have just been me because my ISP is having an issue with a oversaturated node in my area. I wanted to at least report incase anyone else was seeing this, as I did not see it prior to this last build. Additionally, there were characters running around on the coast with what looked like a melee, felt like a melee but the weapon was not showing up in their hands. Both my cousin and I noticed this issue. It seemed like it was the fire extinguisher.

Well hold there a  second shadow, did you have an Exe error after you left the game?

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Well hold there a  second shadow, did you have an Exe error after you left the game?

To be honest I do not remember but I will be on again tonight and I will look for that when I exit. Typically the only error I get when closing is a memory error and it is inconsistent. I will log it the next time I se it.

• Like 1

Anyone want another group member in exp.? Run solo most of the time and it would be nice to be in a group. I can shoot and survive pretty well :-)

Edited by ShallowTech

3 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

To be honest I do not remember but I will be on again tonight and I will look for that when I exit. Typically the only error I get when closing is a memory error and it is inconsistent. I will log it the next time I se it.

Right its important because, i don't really ever have issues, but when i do.... i am on top of discovering why.

Ill test it and test it until i can produce it then review the error logs. Its a bad habit with arma 3 exile, epoch modding.

What i have discovered, is usually when there is a ton of desync, you will find that things dont pickup well, or move well around in the inventory etc..

then eventually when you leave the game exe errors, if the desync is bad enough. Almost like a flooding of the modem.

I found many moons ago, that some items would cause this when being used. Could not find xxx. At first i thought it was the item, not linked to the new render engine.

it still maybe the case, and without asking direct questions to the dev team, this was my best answer to some of the desync issues.

6 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Anyone want another group member in exp.? Run solo most of the time and it would be nice to be in a group. I can shoot and survive pretty well :-)

I would be honored, but alias i am fooked up my friend, ill be no good afking today. Hurt the back pretty bad.

Sorry to hear about the back sneaky, I will not be on until tonight or maybe later this week. However, would love to meet up with some of the other testers!

10 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Sorry to hear about the back sneaky, I will not be on until tonight or maybe later this week. However, would love to meet up with some of the other testers!

@Riddler is gracious enough to host a teamspeak which some of the forum regulars here use during the experimental patches.  It's nothing clanny, we just go with the flow, and test/report things along the way.  Jump in one night:  ts.welcometothejungledayz.com   All are welcome.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hemtek said:

Hello !

I have a question ! 

With the improvement with server performance and desync is there a chance that the number of player by server will be increase with 0.61 patch ?

thank you !

Most likely not because they probably would've increased it already.

9 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

@Riddler is gracious enough to host a teamspeak which some of the forum regulars here use during the experimental patches.  It's nothing clanny, we just go with the flow, and test/report things along the way.  Jump in one night:  ts.welcometothejungledayz.com   All are welcome.

Yep that's right, it's a typical come and go. You go in TS, ask where everyone is at and if someone is close or the group is close you meet up and tag along. :)

Well I just found my first UMP mag this patch attached to an UMP with a pristine silencer!   The joy was only momentary however as I immediately got the notice: Servers going down.  

Damn you DayZ damn you!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Well I just found my first UMP mag this patch attached to an UMP with a pristine silencer!   The joy was only momentary however as I immediately got the notice: Servers going down.  

Damn you DayZ damn you!

lol, I just decided to do a short session.

Attempt 1 - no status update so relogged

Attempt 2 - stuck at 1 fps and got kicked

Attempt 3 - status good, server performing well", 30 seconds later --> "servers going down", connection to host lost

Damn you Dayz indeed ;)

Edited by nl
  • Like 1

I usually don't get attached to my gear, but that UMP mag was more than just attachment.  It was love at first sight, we were made to be together forever.  And now she's gone.  Gone.

• Like 3