Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136642

Steam updates, sits in the background behind the game. No idea it was there, crashes dayz...

and we wonder why we have so many errors too.

• Like 1

Weapons are still invisible, had a random player run up and hit me with what i think was a fire axe. It was a little weird because when he was coming up the stairs he was in black t shirt and jeans but after he hit me and we started fighting he was wearing a fire fighter outfit. Like the server updated his appearance. Pretty sure we both died as i got in some good licks too. lol

• Like 1

Steam updates, sits in the background behind the game. No idea it was there, crashes dayz...

• Like 1

Weapons are still invisible, had a random player run up and hit me with what i think was a fire axe. It was a little weird because when he was coming up the stairs he was in black t shirt and jeans but after he hit me and we started fighting he was wearing a fire fighter outfit. Like the server updated his appearance. Pretty sure we both died as i got in some good licks too. lol

• Like 1

• Like 1

DE-02 server seems to freeze up completely. No server not responding message, no nothing. However I can't really move (it teleports me around due to desync) and the zombie that is visible is walking on place, too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

so sick of these PVP KOS nerds on EXP man

Yeah, I just avoided a guy here.

vyaQI33.jpg

I happened to take this screenshot before I flanked right to loot the summer camp buildings.

Just as I was about to reach the area I saw a player in what looked like mostly olive military clothes.

I did not have a functioning firearm so I did a 180 and followed some trees for cover and sure enough he starts taking pot shots with a Scorpion or RAK from the sound of it. Moments later I think I heard him killing infected he drew. I know I must have cut a fearsome image in my wool coat, wellies. and pick axe.

I then found my way to Krasnostav and just as I entered the police station I saw another player so I immediately left again, without being harassed.

This is the first longer session where I played with longer aggro'd infected.

I killed quite a few and it still didn't make them that hard to manage, if you're willing to run and use the houses to your advantage etc.

By the time I was down to 3500 blood from playing with them I had enough loot by clearing them, to hole up in a house and heal before tangling again.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

Had a quite nice session. What I always tend to do when I'm one of the first players to hit the fresh servers after a wipe is rush to the north to the military locations. Started at Berezino and already found a Green Assault Backpack in the single tent. Then I made my way up towards the 2 tents north-east of Gorka and the next stop after that was Stary Sobor. After Stary I continued my way to Veresnik and after Veresnik finally the airfield. By then I already had 1 working AKM, 1 working AK and a working MP5. I decided to drop the AK and stay with the AKM because I found a second mag and the ammo is a bit more common in civilian area's. So far I didn't encounter any players and everything looked fresh and untouched.

After the airfield I decided to loot Tisy and that's where shit went down. After looting the northern barracks I went to the bunker south-west of the barracks. I had aggro of 2 infected and locking them outside failed so I decided to kill them both with my silenced MP5. Of course I quickly closed the door as I always do and bandaged myself and did a bit of my inventory.

Suddenly I heard some footsteps and I was almost certain it was a player because I just cleared the front. Until I heard the breathing, that was when I was absolutely certain. As I didn't know what he was wearing and was kind of cornered so I decided to unload on him. He went unconscious and Kenan (checked his pulse) had only a mosin. So I quickly closed the door again to avoid infected and tied him up and bandaged him. I waited until he was back conscious and apologized that it was an heat of the moment decision and that I took his Splitting Axe but would let him live and I would leave. The thing he said made me suspicious because he said "yeah, go outside" and when I went outside suddenly some AK  shots. Now as BioHaze mentioned it might've been a random player and just a coincidence but thinking back now I'm fairly certain it was his buddy. He didn't do a good job though because he missed, even though he knew I was in there and I was coming out and probably had the perfect chance in taking me out but he failed. I didn't hesitate and just ran and left Tisy. If it was his friend it was a douchebag thing to do because I let his buddy live. Even though I could've turned around and kill him after I got shot at but I didn't.

2 hours ago, rafaeldbr said:

Hi,

For this patch today... Any improvement for: 

1)Are the zombies still agro and running for half map ?

2)Are the weapons on hands still invisible for other players ?

3)Desync still getting worse every new exp patch ? (it was much better on firsts 0,61 patches) 

4)Does the Unconscious´s bug still in ?? (if you go to unconscious state you are not able to wake up anymore sometimes)

5)Black faces ? (no face)

6)Does weapons break very quick after some shots ?

7)Or for any other issues that Hicks had already mentioned on this topic.

1. Yes they do.

2. No idea

3. I mainly play on high ping servers so I can't really have a good opinion on that, I don't have a lot of desync though.

4. No, a guy which I shot went unconscious and he woke up again

5. I don't have a black face at the moment but I have no idea how it can be reproduced or what triggers it

6. Not sure if they changed this, try shooting 20 bullets with the mosin, if it gets ruined then it's a no.

2 hours ago, Espa said:

Personally I hope that isn't a glitch, but working as intended. There's no reason the Infected should stop chasing you unless they physically cannot anymore. 

I like the idea but BioHaze mentioned that they don't even lose aggro when you lose line of sight which sucks a bit.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I did not have a functioning firearm so I did a 180 and followed some trees for cover and sure enough he starts taking pot shots with a Scorpion or RAK from the sound of

I've not played in a few days. Are there bullet whizzes and cracks in yet? I had meant to test it out by shooting past someone, but finding willing participants in any sort of test can be hard - let alone tests that require them to be shot at.

• Like 1

Anyone been hit by an infected and see blood in 3pp but no status of bleeding and no message? Applied rags and bleeding stopped but no message.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, blacktwin0 said:

Anyone been hit by an infected and see blood in 3pp but no status of bleeding and no message? Applied rags and bleeding stopped but no message.

I've had that as well, are your statuses showing up or are u bugged?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

I've not played in a few days. Are there bullet whizzes and cracks in yet? I had meant to test it out by shooting past someone, but finding willing participants in any sort of test can be hard - let alone tests that require them to be shot at.

Yeah, I should have made mention.

I heard at least one zip sound as a bullet passed me close by.

I think the situation with bullet audio is improved but not 100% fixed?

Sorry I'm not the best judge of this as I avoid confrontation when possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blacktwin0 said:

I had this, never bandaged and it went away.  It was also visible to my teammate.  I also noticed I had no cold/hunger status in inventory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, koffeekage said:

so sick of these PVP KOS nerds on EXP man

could be worse, they could've tried talking to you on voice chat. that's the real horror

• Like 3

I have just played on the UK 09 server for the last six hours, in that time only one crash so that was good. Response time seemed greatly increased and more stable, but as Hicks said some of the servers were not persistent for testing, I am guessing this was one of them? I could be wrong but it felt like that to me. Did meet a guy with an invisible chainsaw, he killed me with it after a nice chat lol. Found some deer chilling on Kamiwobo dock, conversation better than the chainsaw guy lol. Overall performance seemed better to me, only place that was bad really was Cherno, bit stuttery in places, loved getting access to the tower, some great views from that, will be making a little video of it. The police station change, the new buildings that box it in don't look right to me, like their too close to the PD, were would all the cop cars be? :P

Died to infected tonight, first time in a while but man was it fun, they are now a real threat and the wolves, damn them! They look so cute but killed me quick as I was nowhere near any cover/buildings lol. Kamenka outpost should be a little bigger in my opinion as it is such a long way away with the eastern only spawns now, there wasn't much there at all. Skorpion sounds sexy! :D 

Overall I really enjoyed playing tonight and think this patch is a good improvement.

Laters!

• Like 2

I actually died to the environment tonight on the US 1pp server when I spawned into a rainstorm.  I noticed that even in my freshie outfit, running actually raised my temperature while drenched, but my energy/water consumption rate was through the roof. I made it a little more than half way to Mogilevka from Elektro before starving.

I'll test again soon just going into a shelter and sitting there (simulating waiting for a rainstorm to finish) and compare my consumption rate.

I feel like my temperature should still drop while drenched even when running, just a bit slower.  And consumption rates shouldn't be quite as high.

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, sanguine00 said:

I actually died to the environment tonight on the US 1pp server when I spawned into a rainstorm.  I noticed that even in my freshie outfit, running actually raised my temperature while drenched, but my energy/water consumption rate was through the roof. I made it a little more than half way to Mogilevka from Elektro before starving.

I'll test again soon just going into a shelter and sitting there (simulating waiting for a rainstorm to finish) and compare my consumption rate.

I feel like my temperature should still drop while drenched even when running, just a bit slower.  And consumption rates shouldn't be quite as high.

I'm pretty sure that Energy/Water consumption is actually higher when you're sprinting for long distances - Though if you stay in one place, you can survive longer. 

Depending on clothing choices, the rain and cold would actually be more a threat than food if you weren't trekking miles. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Espa said:

Depending on clothing choices, the rain and cold would actually be more a threat than food if you weren't trekking miles. 

I definitely feel like the rain should be a bigger threat than starving.  At least, I don't think you should be able to counter it by sprinting (with absurd consumption rates).  If it's raining the focus should be on getting shelter and getting dry.  The whole notion that "it's cold and raining thus I should seek shelter and warmth as soon as possible... but wait a minute my stomach is literally eating itself!" seems comically silly.  And yes there's always easy mode (apples).  Good old apples.

Of course this will all continue to be balanced up to 1.0, but I just saw a window to offer my opinion.  :)

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, sanguine00 said:

I definitely feel like the rain should be a bigger threat than starving.  At least, I don't think you should be able to counter it by sprinting (with absurd consumption rates).  If it's raining the focus should be on getting shelter and getting dry.  The whole notion that "it's cold and raining thus I should seek shelter and warmth as soon as possible... but wait a minute my stomach is literally eating itself!" seems comically silly.

Of course this will all continue to be balanced up to 1.0, but I just saw a window to offer my opinion.  :)

Hehe well, I personally have never tried running from my city to the next while starving and being dehydrated! I'm sure that'd be terrible xD

My experiences with Hypothermia in DayZ is that it's more a long term killer than an immediate one. Without a hat and a good torso piece, I've died several times to it - All the while I was very much Stuffed with food and such.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sanguine00 said:

If you even pause to search a few items your temperature starts dropping fast and you can't catch back up, the increase is almost nothing when wet and sprinting.

If you're full bright green statuses, stuffed, not already hypothermic, and you stop getting rained on or are wearing a raincoat after swimming you can from drenched sprint to dry enough to not freeze to death but you can't stop or slow down until you're wet or damp.. 

• Like 3

I rounded up ten infected in Msta and led them up to the deerstand, I crouched and let them wander a bit before getting their attention again by them turning facing back my way or making noise walking in place against the railing. Eventually on by one they'd get outside where I could get their attention again and started to wander off. That's a bit after this screenshot, one infected out of frame to the left.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/101725789675019788/BEC54CE35093F1DA4297F1D2D41E72DCDC330380/

I had nothing better to do and good statuses so I watched them for a good hour or more as they wandered off, they all slowly made their way back to more or less where I'd found them. I lost connection a handful of times and they all were still about where I'd expect them so I'm not sure if someone was around or or what but I was at this at least three hours standing in the deerstand with binoculars most of the time, amazed I didn't get shot. AUS 1pp with a bout twenty players at times   

• Like 2

It's been a while since I've heard any distant shots, I know they do happen occasionally but at the beginning of .61 you could hear shots in the distance everywhere. Crossing my fingers that will be fixed soon, it's immersive to hear those faint shots from a town over. I had a pretty enjoyable run anyway today, we had some wolf drama in Krasnostav, the police station door was glitched to where it was open on our end but closed for the wolves, I accidentally opened the door for the wolves by closing it on my end, and the wolf went up to the top of the building and knocked him off the side, killing him. I ended up going on top of one of the small concession-stand type sheds and picked the wolves off with a bow from there. Very good vantage point for wolves.

Edit: If you're bleeding while status bugged the blood stat will not go down, it'll stay where it's at and you can only lose blood by getting hit.

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

It's been a while since I've heard any distant shots, I know they do happen occasionally but at the beginning of .61 you could hear shots in the distance everywhere. Crossing my fingers that will be fixed soon, it's immersive to hear those faint shots from a town over. I had a pretty enjoyable run anyway today, we had some wolf drama in Krasnostav, the police station door was glitched to where my friend saw it closed but I saw it open, and I accidentally opened the door for the wolves by shutting it on my end and the wolf went up to the top of the building and knocked him off the side, killing him. I ended up going on top of one of the small concession-stand type sheds and picked the wolves off with a bow from there. Very good vantage point for wolves.

Edit: If you're bleeding while status bugged the blood stat will not go down, it'll stay where it's at and you can only lose blood by getting hit.

I heard a bunch of gunfire around Staroye tonight but it's the first I've heard in forever, it was intense because i was just "observing" completely unarmed and could hear it going on all around me.

I stayed under my tree and ate apples,

• Like 1

Seriously guys, are we still talking about the rain?  If it rains and you don't have any waterproof clothing, just take off your clothes, hold the largest inventory item in your hands, and keep the most important things in your hands.  Light fires as needed, and loot until you get raincoat or gorka. Its alphabetical!

Wearing wet clothing while it is raining and you are cold, is suicide.  If you get below 34.70, you are going to die; unless you light a fire immediately, and get naked for a bit while your clothes dry.  Once your body is soaked, you may as well throw off those wet rags that only drain your core body temperature faster.
Once your body is dry, you can put your dry clothing back on, and your rate of warming will increase significantly.

Southcentral 0-2
I had one hell of a run today with IMT and Luc Tonnere.  I ran to Dolina to meet a fresh-spawned Luc, while IMT ran to meet us by Wooded Ridge.  We met up, and soon heard wolves towards Novy Sobor, which we ran towards.  IMT and I managed to kill the two wolves, collected the meat, and proceeded to loot the town.  We moved to 
StarySobor from the north, finding no people, both before and after a scheduled restart.
We ran to NWAF and looted haphazardly north along the eastern side, until Luc spotted a player at the NW Quonset Hut when he randomly decided to run across the runway.  The guy took a shot and ate an entire magazine of 5.45 from Luc.  IMt and I ran across the runway, and I made it just in time to grab a couple things off the body, which disapeared after ony three minutes.  His backpack was loaded with AK101 mags, Coupled STANAG, and his pulse read "No Unit" before his body disappeared too soon to completely loot.

We discovered this shit today:  The SPOSN Tortilla Backpack is now bigger than the Assault Bakpack.  They switched sizes, even proportions; it's as if they traded bodies, yet SPOSN retains waterproof quality.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

We ran the NWAF tents with moderate loot success, compared to our earlier hostile Lone-Wolf bonanza.  After we met up in the pillbox, we took fire fro the near Eastern side of the pillbox. 

We managed to escape to the north treeline with much confusion, myself having never spotted the aggressor, even after running back towards the pillbox to find him.  I stopped behind a tent after hearing the aggressor shooting a few zeds, and apparently running into a container.  We thought he D/C'ed.
Upon meeting up to the north and taking along the road to Bash, Luc took shots from an AMK along the Eastern edge of the road behind us.  I saw the modest flash and black silhouette of the player who shot Luc, and downed him with two AK101 shots to center mass.  I saw a CR 527 on the player, but never saw the AKM that he used to shoot Luc.

I tended to Luc for a minute, trying the basic options such as bandaging, force feeding/drinking, and morphine; but with no success.  Luc stood up after the first round of CPR that IMT gave, but Luc never saw anything other than black.  One more round put him back down, and I decided to run to NP med center--at which point we took shots.

I ran North towards Bash jail, with IMT hiding and watching the player firing upon us.  I took one hit to the legs, and managed to buttonhook back under a tree to bandage.  IMT kept eyes on the uphill threat, while Luc still lay unconscious, and I watched the knob north of the curve in the road leading west to the Bash gate.  After a moment of IMt reporting spotty sightings of the second shooter (wearing black firefighter jacket), I ran around the east side of the hill, finding the second shooter attempting to run back up from the bottom.  He saw me and hid behind the oak trunk, but decided to run away, at which point I delivered our answer to his previous request.
Luc awoke immediately after, perhaps a tesatment to the value of powdered milk, seeing as we never even made it off the hill to search for medical supplies.

We ran Tisy later, and got even more ridiculously geared.  And I still never cooked those wolf steaks from Novy.  Prepared food spawns need massive, massive nerfing.  Survival is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too easy now, even with applespammin' alone; let's see some people located outside of dense apple zones learn how to hunt, fish and farm.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Prepared food spawns need massive, massive nerfing.  Survival is WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too easy now, even with applespammin' alone; let's see some people located outside of dense apple zones learn how to hunt, fish and farm.

I agree x100, but I know there are people on the current patch thinking it is too hard to find food lol x( I even had a couple dudes in Kelm sayin they wanted to eat ME, I was like WHAT?!?!?! THAT'S CRAZY!

• Like 2