Hairy_eyeball

2 story Camo Building

Was playing with several of my friends the other day up at NWAF. 3 of our guys were able to clear out 2 targets out of the camo building (i was on my way to them along with 2 more guys) when they had a glitcher spawn into the downstairs part of the building. he killed one and the other 2 were stuck upstairs due to the 3rd guys body at the bottom of the stairs. Me and my guys showed up to help, and we tried grenades all around the building where we could see him near the edges but to no effect. I ran in to try to get gear and try to kill the guy but he poped up through the floor and killed me. the rest of the guys eventually just logged out and got away  but the glitcher was still there. 

is there any way that you guys have found to kill or remove the players who do this or is it pretty much just log and find a new server?

I'm paraphrasing a bit but saw a very official statement on this recently to the effect that

1. They don't care because they removed the loot and there should be no reason to be there.

2.  They're not fixing it now on legacy systems because it's already fixed or planned to be fixed by the new systems replacing the broken old ones that allow it.

I'm sad that they haven't put a "This Building is Glitched" sign on them in-game as a temporary fix. Some forum regulars don't even know you're 'not supposed to go in there for now.'

• Like 3

There are a number of buildings that people use for wall-glitching.  Basically any building with unused rooms, and especially those with stairs, can be abused; but only ones in likely places to camp are being exploited right now.  (*cough * cough, ATC)

I've wasted too many geared characters trying to kill wall glitchers.  Just move along if you find anybody doing that; it's pointless trying to kill them. Don't give them the satisfaction of having someone to shoot.

You guys?!!!

Answer: The new player controller will solve this. Please be patient.

Thank you.

What do I win? :P

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You guys?!!!

Answer: The new player controller will solve this. Please be patient.

Thank you.

What do I win? :P

I wonder if some of that controller code can be ported to the AI, and especially the infected. Damn cheaters, i tell you. Those infected find ways to pop up through the floors every stinking time...

damn them.

But i do love the ninja over the walls, gates they do, then drop kick you with 1000 punches.

• Like 1

Yes, it's cancer. It blows my mind on how many players cheat in this game. I've been an admin for years on Dayz public servers. If you play in a server where people actually care about their community, you won't see many of these "cheaters".

I control a 60 man public server that's full everyday. I make it known that admins are on constantly and they will be caught and banned. Now we barely see any swimmers/glitchers. 

As mentioned above, there are way to many houses buildings that this can be done in. It's sad we are going to have to deal with this nonsense for another 6 months?