Ogek

Firing Blanks?

A little video I put together showing a bit of gunplay and some weirdness with hits registering on players. Not sure if it's me, or because it's alpha or something? 

Either way, this video sums up the last few days of gunplay for me, more than a few clips like this... What do you think? 

• Like 1

Dunno if 'bulletproof trees' are still a problem as I haven't played DayZ in a while now, but that looks to be what's going on here.  At around 2:22 is when you have the first fight at the bush, you fire and (I think) he fires back and I don't think either of you hit anything other than the tree.  At 3:10 you MIGHT have gotten a shot off on him but he's going full auto.

3 hours ago, Ogek said:

A little video I put together showing a bit of gunplay and some weirdness with hits registering on players. Not sure if it's me, or because it's alpha or something? 

Either way, this video sums up the last few days of gunplay for me, more than a few clips like this... What do you think? 

Now there is some issues on .61 with hit registration at the moment, but I think what happened with the first few magnum shots was that the "bulletproof bush" saved the guy which  has been an "issue" on DayZ for a very long time. So I think what happened there was simply the bush being bulletproof, and not hit registration however It is a problem as I said. :)

It actually looks like your bullets hit collision with the center of the bush and it created a shield for the guy you shot at. . Maybe? xD

Definitely looked like there was a hit every time you shot, but the bullets landed on that plant. 

Yeah I tend to agree with you guys having watched it a few times. I think in this instance the issue was the bullet proof bush... But I have had some other strange incidents where bushes were not involved, but they could realistically have been down to loads of other things. Thanks for watching and commenting though, means a lot!