Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136593

A new Exp/Unstable update today, for this one:

- Server Performance adjustments to AI Alerts
- Additional adjustment to cooked meat nutrional values

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 5

Okay so, can anyone tell me if persistence is enabled in the exp. branch? Also can someone tell me when the schedule time for reboots occurs.

5 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Okay so, can anyone tell me if persistence is enabled in the exp. branch? Also can someone tell me when the schedule time for reboots occurs.

I pm'd you.

0400-1600 pst have been the most recent I've noticed

Want to say it was 0600-1800 before.

8 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

It says in the OP that some servers have persistence disabled, which one those are I can't tell you. Maybe Hicks can eloborate on that.

The scheduled restart is always at 01:00 AM CET.

Edited by IMT
Whoops, meant CET not EST

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

It says in the OP that some servers have persistence disabled, which one those are I can't tell you. Maybe Hicks can eloborate on that.

The scheduled restart is always at 01:00 AM EST.

cant you click on Info? to the right and get that server info??

Will you guys push a weather/clouds graphic upgrade to experimental in the status report earlier or wait until beta? And I hope to see some increase range on the x-bow and bow - so the bolt & arrows don`t drop at 40 meters. So the crafted weapons can compete with other short range weapons like the sporter. Any plans to increase range on the x-bow for the fun part of it, because 40-50 meters is so useless in dayz SA on this map scale. 

I will hunt some animals and cook some meat to test it out this evening. 

Edited by ori42

6 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

11 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing

Right there in the OP but I don't know how to tell which servers will have it on.  You might have do some trial and error.

I wouldn't expect that the reboot schedules apply during these frequently changing experimental builds.

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Not that I'm aware of?

I know it's about four o'clock my time because that's when I get kids settled after school and sit back down to DayZ on my days off.

17 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I don't see any way to do it in the server browser, maybe I'm missing something.

Cool, sorry to fill up the thread with these questions but thanks for the response. I just wanted to play around a little tonight.

15 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I don't see any way to do it in the server browser, maybe I'm missing something.

You just double click the server for info, or use the expands all servers options. However, this does not tell you anything about persistence... I will just wait for a reboot and see. It does not matter much anyway with the frequency of builds. Thank you.

• Like 1

First thing I notice is Zombies not breaking agro, just had 3 follow me for a few miles without slowing or letting up right on my heels! seems like we will have to trap or kill them if they agro.

• Like 5

Logged in, crept around some zombies and picked up a few items. I found a somewhat safe location to eat some peaches and log out.  Server was responding well, probably jump back in around lunch time.

12 minutes ago, Thunkco said:

First thing I notice is Zombies not breaking agro, just had 3 follow me for a few miles without slowing or letting up right on my heels! seems like we will have to trap or kill them if they agro.

I can confirm this 2 followed me to another house. Could have been the last pickup infected followed me, while the first 3 backed off.

+ Also Kiwi icon inside infected still too small an image, to none.

+ hit are very delayed melee. sometimes they respond other times they don't. (new character controller needed)

+ better to use a stick still, seems very quick on 1-2-1 swaps

+ FPS at 108+ very nice.

+Infected still very agressive, push, but most of all when they fly at you watchout.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

+ Also Kiwi icon inside infected still too small an image, to none.

This is also an issue with pitchfork, icon when view inventory (proximity) when on the ground is very small and you can not see what it is. Once it is placed on character the icon is fine.

Stone knife! Thank you, probably one of the best addition to crafting :-) Imperative to survival.

• Like 1

The server restarts every 12 hours it said in console.

Getting very happy with this getting close to stable. Sure we have some stuff to figure out but this is getting there.

JUst about shit my pants when i heard the eagle, and i thought i heard a moose. (close enough though)

5BC1FF34F570FC1F6CED7EB9CFEF2486C30558C9

Edited by sneakydude

Found a lag producing scenario with chopping firewood.  

1) get an axe (hatche)

2) Go to a large tree and select chop firewood

3) Spam the F key with the chop firewood option.

Results: 

1) Both myself and the player who did the tree cutting froze for about 45 seconds when we hit tab to pickup the logs and sticks

2) we had over 100 logs and sticks on the ground

3) even a distance away from the tree (several hundred meters) we got the lag for a period of about 5 minutes or so... then it must have been cleaned up

4) neither of us saw the tree fall, which led to the spamming.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vtrich said:

Found a lag producing scenario with chopping firewood.  

1) get an axe (hatche)

2) Go to a large tree and select chop firewood

3) Spam the F key with the chop firewood option.

Results: 

1) Both myself and the player who did the tree cutting froze for about 45 seconds when we hit tab to pickup the logs and sticks

2) we had over 100 logs and sticks on the ground

3) even a distance away from the tree (several hundred meters) we got the lag for a period of about 5 minutes or so... then it must have been cleaned up

4) neither of us saw the tree fall, which led to the spamming.

Yea the spamming just lagged the server, this will happen anytime you do something like that, be it firewood, apples, stones etc. 2 players spamming the same tree would do that easily. The trees don't fall btw.

Had an odd thing happen to me yesterday. I went up to a Apple Tree and accidently opened the inventory. There was a large vicinity window with about 20-30 apples in it! I just drag and dropped them into my backpack. Is this a new feature now?

I haven't seen it since! 

Course, someone could have just dropped these apples at the base of the tree I suppose! 

Edited by quatermass
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thunkco said:

Yea the spamming just lagged the server, this will happen anytime you do something like that, be it firewood, apples, stones etc. 2 players spamming the same tree would do that easily. The trees don't fall btw.

I had a bush do that with sticks last night.

I snuck around Elektro until I got full on apples and started messing with the infected, I rounded up 5 and took them to the police station and tried to lock them in the cell. I locked them in with me but they pushed me up on the table and fell in the floor themselves. I could bandage in safety then poked them one by one in the head with a stick one shooting them. Next I ran all around town in front of every one I saw and took them to the firehall, I was running them around the building getting them to catch up to each other in a big somewhat tired ball when I got disconnected. I logged back in and they were still there, right in my face, I took a few hits. I climbed the ladder on the outside of the firehall, made it to the roof, started to bandage, and rubber banded back down to the field below, the infected were still looking for me around the ladder. I tried again and made it to the roof, bandaged, then ran around upright to make noise and keep their attention, some even managed their way up the tower stairs and got facepoked with my trusty stick through the window. I then laid down and although they dropped agro many hung around and only a few wandered off, I saw no sign but I got disconnected one or twice on the roof and the infected were still there on relogging making me think there was another player around. I waited a bit, climbed down and found maybe ten firefighter zombies inside and accidentally agroed one, "session lost". I logged back in and they were all gone, I couldn't get up the stairs inside so I moved on into town rounded up a few more and climbed on top of one of the little grocery kiosks running in place then going prone to get them to drop agro and then get fired up again, didn't see them spawn but noticed more just wandering unaware off in the distance. I disconnected on purpose and just had it happen a few times, these ones always hung around and I eventually heard shots a few blocks away, no reaction from my group of infected.

It's nice to see infected numbers but at the same time there's some things about how the "dynamic" ones are pretty predictable, possibly exploitable.   

• Like 1

Sneaky that pick is awesome! Reminds me of the elk hunt I went on this past year! :-)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, quatermass said:

Had an odd thing happen to me yesterday. I went up to a Apple Tree and accidently opened the inventory. There was a large vicinity window with about 20-30 apples in it! I just drag and dropped them into my backpack. Is this a new feature now?

I haven't seen it since! 

Course, someone could have just dropped these apples at the base of the tree I suppose! 

No it means someone was there spamming and the apples fall to the ground prior to restarts.

It is not persistent and requires a cleanup every so often. Otherwise we end up with flooding the databases with loot explosions.

• Like 1