Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136593

42 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Reporting in.  I've definitely heard the breathing on several occasions but I haven't heard the gun clinking.

Well that would explain it.  Everyone stop fishing on SNG 0-1 for 24 hours.  ;)

The gun click is a rattle, click noise you can hear. You have to catch it between yours. If your inside an area, stop (Get that breathing to null) since it is way to loud, then have them run around outside your building.

You can hear the footsteps so loud, and a clinking, rattle type noise from their rifles.

The breathing does have to be reduced a ton, you can barely listen.

So many things i haven't reported. Low textures needs to be brought back to normal graphics, only. You cant have it both ways.... Either they start buying 780ti video cards and newer to support normal to high graphics, or else we will have long ranged snipers in dayz only.

Flat grass comes to mind, or wildly white graphics :(

_Same report i put in before some of it still exists.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

The gun click is a rattle, click noise you can hear. You have to catch it between yours. If your inside an area, stop (Get that breathing to null) since it is way to loud, then have them run around outside your building.

*snip*

I got shot awhile ago and got it on video when I watched it after I could hear the guys footsteps upstairs but I wasn't listening for it over my own when it happened, I pause and listen regularly now. I've spent a lot of time this patch just just hiding and listening sometimes for an hour or two in one spot so my breathing isn't an issue. I'm not going to lie I get pretty damn excited after an hour of nothing then something happens, it happens so quick, I might be missing stuff because I haven't listened for it specifically.

• Like 3

.61 is wicked awesome! I'm a bit anxious for the fact that they said they'll get this onto Stable before Christmas. . Which is most likely the limit of this Friday before they send their guys home for holiday time. If they can pull it off, that would be badass. . But there are quite a few bugs, despite being the best Update to the game as of yet. 

I only wish that we could get Physics-Correct Vehicles in as a side Christmas gift xD 

6 minutes ago, Espa said:

.61 is wicked awesome! I'm a bit anxious for the fact that they said they'll get this onto Stable before Christmas. . Which is most likely the limit of this Friday before they send their guys home for holiday time. If they can pull it off, that would be badass. . But there are quite a few bugs, despite being the best Update to the game as of yet. 

I only wish that we could get Physics-Correct Vehicles in as a side Christmas gift xD 

So many other bugs effecting the desync. Sadly,  i don't think they would give it to us even just 1 until its fixed.

We cant roll back again :( the system has come so far, having the desync stay with us with the infected, AI all that would rip apart the project pushing the vehicles forth to us.

Yep the desync is still there, usually follows with an EXE error at the end of the game. S0 i have noticed with prior x32 bit client issues in .60

I would love to stop running too.

Ok I guess if I was looking for Wolves I found them. They ran around me like wild monkey's, or a drunk football team. One shot the head on a white one, two shots on another white one, the rest turned grey, well everything turned grey. Nothing to climb on, wish I coulda climbed a tree, there were lots of those, you are unconscious. I knew the moment I found that hunting backpack I was a goner. 20 pumpkin seeds, shovel, bottle of water, a few guns and some cow steaks, dang shoulda dropped my gear fast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I got shot awhile ago and got it on video when I watched it after I could hear the guys footsteps upstairs but I wasn't listening for it over my own when it happened, I pause and listen regularly now. I've spent a lot of time this patch just just hiding and listening sometimes for an hour or two in one spot so my breathing isn't an issue. I'm not going to lie I get pretty damn excited after an hour of nothing then something happens, it happens so quick, I might be missing stuff because I haven't listened for it specifically.

Yeah the feeling when you are in hiding spot you hear player eat or have hard breathing near you is exciting. I just love to stalk ppl with ghillie in North!

I played a lot this weekend and the latest build overall seems pretty stable. Still seeing lag spikes during zombie spawns or player spawns I think. Anyway, I noticed some other small bugs but didn't write them down :-) can't remember... funny how that works. However, they did not seem to be stability issues so they did not seem as critical.

One thing I do remember is when using a quick key, 1, 2, when putting away a melee it seems to always pull out my fist. Does anyone know if this is a bug and if it has been reported.

Has anyone been experiencing very delayed status indicators? I ate 20 apples with nothing. I logged out and back in and then within 15 seconds went from dark red stuffed to bright red stuffed, then a minute later I threw up, with a "sick" indicator. Then it seems like I just stayed at the same water and energy levels the rest of the time, over the course of an hour. 

38 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

I played a lot this weekend and the latest build overall seems pretty stable. Still seeing lag spikes during zombie spawns or player spawns I think. Anyway, I noticed some other small bugs but didn't write them down :-) can't remember... funny how that works. However, they did not seem to be stability issues so they did not seem as critical.

One thing I do remember is when using a quick key, 1, 2, when putting away a melee it seems to always pull out my fist. Does anyone know if this is a bug and if it has been reported.

There was some, not all De-sync issues. Running beside someone did work pretty good, except watching them climb ladders, they slide up instead of climb.

Infected, had a warp, small slide issue running to a better flat ground. I ran forward, getting hit but when i turned around, the infect was way behind me. So that made little sense why i was lagging or the server.

14 minutes ago, boggle said:

Has anyone been experiencing very delayed status indicators? I ate 20 apples with nothing. I logged out and back in and then within 15 seconds went from dark red stuffed to bright red stuffed, then a minute later I threw up, with a "sick" indicator. Then it seems like I just stayed at the same water and energy levels the rest of the time, over the course of an hour. 

Yes that usually happens when after you spam the trees for apples, or the water area. At some point, the inventory can have some reaction to it.

still work to be done, and if 1 item is effecting another system, that is what they are testing. Or if doing something de stabilizes the server for a short time. The performance build is what we are on, to determine what is causing the issue.

I should say, i've seen my fair share of the problems related to character controller. Which has been mentioned it will be updated sometime. Once that is fixed, i believe we will see many problems reduced in the de sync problem.

Edited by sneakydude

14 minutes ago, boggle said:

There appears to be a small bug that causes your status modifier to freeze in place, but I'm not sure how to duplicate it >.< 

Fix should be just restarting the game. 

39 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

There was some, not all De-sync issues. Running beside someone did work pretty good, except watching them climb ladders, they slide up instead of climb.

Infected, had a warp, small slide issue running to a better flat ground. I ran forward, getting hit but when i turned around, the infect was way behind me. So that made little sense why i was lagging or the server.

Yes that usually happens when after you spam the trees for apples, or the water area. At some point, the inventory can have some reaction to it.

still work to be done, and if 1 item is effecting another system, that is what they are testing. Or if doing something de stabilizes the server for a short time. The performance build is what we are on, to determine what is causing the issue.

I should say, i've seen my fair share of the problems related to character controller. Which has been mentioned it will be updated sometime. Once that is fixed, i believe we will see many problems reduced in the de sync problem.

Whoops, that's embarrassing. I just discovered this bug. Good to know it's just due to that thanks. Although, it's worth noting that my buddy DID NOT do this glitch, and had a hard time getting hydrated and healing after drinking a lot from the well. Does spamming the well do this now as well?

Edited by boggle
Forgot to add my text after quote, still new to this.

40 minutes ago, Espa said:

There appears to be a small bug that causes your status modifier to freeze in place, but I'm not sure how to duplicate it >.< 

Fix should be just restarting the game. 

I didn't have to restart the game, I just logged out and back in and it "catches up" but seems to freeze again after that. Maybe I will try restarting if this happens again. Won't do the apple tree glitch anymore either. Also worth noting this was in the 32-bit  client.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, boggle said:

Whoops, that's embarrassing. I just discovered this bug. Good to know it's just due to that thanks. Although, it's worth noting that my buddy DID NOT do this glitch, and had a hard time getting hydrated and healing after drinking a lot from the well. Does spamming the well do this now as well?

The spamming, and that can have a really bad effect on the server, and other clients. It is not the only 1 but with constant loops like that, anything is possible.

Locking into a drinking phase from pot, canteens, eatting foods etc.. The hardcore lockups are gone since .54, that we once knew. It would completely lock you into a drinking, eatting phase.

We had it come back i think in .59, then was repaired. The food, water glitch is just another one that will be fixed in time.

Anything that loops can be a problem.

50 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Any new exp build updates today?

I second that, I got snowed out of work today, show us some love boss.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I second that, I got snowed out of work today, show us some love boss.

I think I can hear the dev/elves tapping away furiously from across the pond!

12 DayZ of XmaZ starts now.

I'm curious as to what will be truly stable and ready for prime time before then.....

Saw a guy from BC, Ryan Janes (walked out to the song The Islander) win his UFC debut last Friday. The fight was bloody and gritty.... you would have been proud.

• Like 2

Seems like there's no new update today. Hope they can get 0.61 to stable as fast as possible.

• Like 1

Just an observation on the breathing and gun clank, I noticed that when i make my character JanaZ (not sure if others are the same way) her breathing isnt as loud or annoying and the gun clank is gone. When i made a male a character i finally had to F11 him because his asthma and the gun clank was so annoying.

• Like 1

I got sweet opportunity to observe wolves doing wolf stuff last night, almost an hour and a half unnoticed before I had to log out.

I was slowly moving around a small town watching as the infected AI populated, I forget what town it's called but have noticed it spawns a lot of them for it's size a few times passing through. I'm not taking my character seriously just feeding him spammed apples and picking up whatever's easy, basically an unarmed freshie with his statuses in check. I make it about half way into to town and have seen six to eight unaware infected now was one when I observed from a distance before entering.

I' deciding what to do with my situation when I hear a single bark, medium close, without hesitation or thought I'm in a house shutting the doors. I start looking around and pull agro from a couple infected outside who come to the window and growl at me while I start looking out in the fields. Out about 100m there's a lone infected chasing two wolves back and forth, no attacks, just looks like a toddler chasing playful puppies, another 100m past that there's six wolves chasing another infected, I can see them attacking and blood. It took a few minutes but the far wolves killed their infected, and what looked like laid down around it, a minute or so goes buy and they circle the dead infected, my graphics are shit at but it looked like they were pecking at it on the ground for a few minutes. The scattered a bit, paused (lag maybe) and then proceeded to join the two wolves getting chased who were still at it with their lone infected. the now eight wolves kill the second infected, freeze, stutter, then run right past my house and the few infected staring in the window at me and go for a lone unaware one on the other side of the house I'm in, after awhile they kill it and wander town a bit ignoring me and the infected agroed on me. I have a theory at this point that the wolves ignore infected agroed on players so I go prone and break LOS from my fan club of window lickers. One of my buddies loses interest and goes into a wander, bam the wolves like him now, did this three times. No infected around me now the wolves go across town and pick on another unaware infected, I cant see very good anymore but see a house right beside them with a good view so I go for it, neither the wolves nor the infected take notice as I move and shut myself in the other house. Now I can watch the show from twenty feet away and it gets interesting, 3 infected, maybe eight to ten wolves, can't make sense of who's chasing what, very laggy/glitchy movment. One infected sees me and comes to the window for a staring contest, the wolves start moving more purposefully and knock down one of the two remaining infected they're inserted in, the now crawling zombie locks on to me and the wolves completely ignore it only attacking the last one now. The wolves take the last one down and as he goes to crawling agros on me as well, the wolves are all fuck this and run across town to go after a new unaware infected.

had to log out and go to bed but I think I saw some interesting "wolf rules" and might have seen wolves eat an infected.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

might have seen wolves eat an infected.

Gary and I saw this as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boggle said:

Yes, some times you have to completely log out and back in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Servers down.

• Like 3