Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136593

Just experienced a bug where I could not open any doors, I did check if they were locked by using my axe on the door, and they were not. (my gun glitched away in this process). @ UK-04

• Like 1

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Had quite a run tonight.  Met up with Kilgor and folowed some gunshots from SE Gvozdno to SW Gvozdno and saved some guy from wolves.  Had some rando come by and take a few wolf steaks.  We cooked them up on my tripod and cooking pot between Devil's Castle and Altar, and ate up, then ran north, where we were again assailed by a pack of 8 wolves; we ran to a hunting stand and waited for them.  Kilgor made quick work of them with his MP-133, as I put a couple shots into random wolves.  We ran through Sverograd, looking for a barrel to try to tan the pelt I carried away, but gave up by the campground east of Troitskoe, where I cooked the new wolf steaks.  We ran to Kamensk base, where we were again attacked by wolves.  This time we ran into the jail building, secured the jail room from a zombie, and I proceeded to let in the remaining two zombies which were being attacked by wolves.  I then tried to hit a wolf with a fire ax, because they would not come inside.  I was hit twice and rendered unconscious.  After multiple force-feedings, an epi-pen, a re-logging by Kilgore, and multiple rounds of CPR, I decided to bite the bullet and re-log myself back to the coast.  It should go without saying that i was very near max blood and health while this occurred, as we were getting fat on wolf steaks the whole time we were running up there.

Zombies seemed to be both more easily engaged with fists, but also prone to taking hits without doing any animation.  I started out at around 21 punches to kill an infected, and ended up averaging 6 to 8 punches with bare fists; though the 6-8 punch infected were police, and the 21 punch were mostly flannel shirt wearing hermits.

Things are seeming really good this patch.  Too bad I only saw friendly guys; no opportunity to test PvP desynch today.  It would be great if the debug status box could include stomach volume, energy and hydration stats too....

Reveal hidden contents

Here we cook some chicken on the way into Gvozdno.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

The rest of the night was surprisingly action-packed with survival, so I didn't get many screenshots.

You're always welcome to have a little training session versus me. We pick a town, both start on opposite ends and fight to the death. :)

2 hours ago, ori42 said:

1k damage pr wolf hit is an end game fantasy land with end game bosses in an massive multiplayer game like Crowfall - it should had nothing to do with Dayz SA, and it`s wrong genre.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) and the dev. team changed the wolves due to some complaints on the general forum that the wolves were harmless which I don`t agree with at all. When wolves were implemented I always lost about 2-3k blood everytime until I ran into a town to take cover behind locked doors since they run faster than you. In an earlier exp. version they hit harder compare to a zombie, but they had no bleed damage, but now they have bleed damage and they damage per attack is not balance at all. I agree with bleed damage, but it should be much less damage per successful hit. You need to balance wolf as a pack - since you never encounter 1 single wolf it seems, or will the number be /random amount of wolves in the future as well?

I went from 5000 blood to just above 500 blood while running 300 meters. I think I was hit about 3 to 4 times. As I already mentioned and BioHaze as well, there are ways to scare off a wolf. Specially if you manage to damage, kill or scare the alpha male the pack will most of the times retreat with him. Also, the first wolf which you see/attacks would be the alpha male, at least that's the case in real life. I think they need to tune back the wolves a bit because I've died almost twice to them now, once when I had a freaking assault rifle with 2 mags and a lot of ammo. Realistically, when you harm a wolf they will most likely attack you but when you shoot a warning shot they might get scared. The trick is to make as much noise as possible when encountering one or multiple wolves and don't turn your back and run, that will make you a prey for their instincts. Make noise, throw stuff, don't look them in the eyes and don't panic or show fear. Walk backwards slowly while looking towards them but not in their eyes. That's what I read on the internet about encountering a wolf or multiple wolves. Also the chance of running in to wolves would be very small, so the fact that Emuthreat ran into 3 packs is very unrealistic.

1 hour ago, madmaxm said:

I don't agree with your opinion.

Wolf's are "end game", same as bear will "probaly" 1 hit you as in real life. This is survival  game. The more pve aspect is growing to "mature" status, the more we are going away from "easy" gameplay and pvp to survival aspect.

Once 0.61 will hit on stable, masses of kids will cry their shit out, becouse pvp has been killed on large scale and survival aspect has been re-introduced.

Steam forums will burn ^^

Look man, I'm a guy who likes PvE a lot, I have been in situations where someone would just press F11 or press respawn but I always try to survive. But it should be realistic and fun. Most animals will try to avoid humans instead of attacking them, that's a fact. Unless they feel the need to attack you (hunger, threats, territory, etc.). If you're deep in the woods now and you hear howls the only option you pretty much have is to press F11. There should be more ways to counter these threats, just as you can counter infected by being silent and sneaky.

I like harsh environments and a challenge but there should be ways to overcome that challenge.

45 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I know @BioHazard050 I debate it and put things in different perspective which affect our gameplay and playstyle for sure, because it`s interesting and vital for the game to have predators like zombies and wolves to be proper balance. If you have played 7days to die for instant - a zombie is a much more deadly in comparison to dayz SA, but we don`t need that in dayz SA that zombies run with double speed at night, or they are much stronger and paralyze you with their attacks, because 7 days to die is usually a single player game, and you don`t need to pay that much attention towards other players like in dayz SA. But it`s a method to describe the whole threat picture in dayz SA at the moment, but it change how we play the game for sure the whole balance topic. 

Another example that wolves changed my play style recently:  In wolf areas or loactions on the map I personally use roads instead due to risk of wolf encounters. I`m fully aware that I am more exposed using roads instead of forest towards other players, but I avoid woods completely at the moment, because I don`t like to start over at the coast with another wolf encounter. 

Even walking on the roads will not save you. I have been attacked once at the main northern highway walking from the military checkpoint at the edge of the map back to Vavilovo. Another occasion was on the same road, almost same place where we heard them but we could just escape from them. But my surround sound told me that they were coming closer and closer to us.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, IMT said:

Look man, I'm a guy who likes PvE a lot, I have been in situations where someone would just press F11 or press respawn but I always try to survive. But it should be realistic and fun. Most animals will try to avoid humans instead of attacking them, that's a fact. Unless they feel the need to attack you (hunger, threats, territory, etc.). If you're deep in the woods now and you hear howls the only option you pretty much have is to press F11. There should be more ways to counter these threats, just as you can counter infected by being silent and sneaky.

I like harsh environments and a challenge but there should be ways to overcome that challenge.

Totally agree with this.  Had an encounter with wolves last night and didn't stand a chance even after killing 2 and firing lots of shots, there were 4 of us with limited ammo.  They should never have attacked us in the first place but at the very least should have run off after some shots.  We also had no chance to avoid them.  

I hope there will be some depth added to wolves because I can see them becoming annoying/boring once the initial hype dies off.

• Like 3

A suggestion concerning server improvement adjustment in Dayz SA.

• Personal observation wolfes detect players too far away at the moment. (And reduce the pack of wolves to 3-4 which should provide a challenge as well even with a damage balance update.
  • There are way too many cows in game at the moment. (Reduce the total amount for sure.)
  • Add some pigs near the barns. (Good food source.) 
  • Add some boars good crafting material for backpacks, and an excellent food source. 
  • It should be possible to see some rabbits once in a while in the nature as well.
  • In Elektro and cherno and other larger cities - fps is still a bit low for me 25-35 fps. (Hopefully they improve it.)
Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I think this is often what people mean by "artificial difficulty".  Sometimes it's easier to make environmental challenges kind of BS-y rather than a true challenge you can overcome.  Not accusing the DayZ devs of laziness since obviously there is still a lot of balancing to do, but I hope this type of difficulty is something they are on guard against.

If bears make it into the game, it's going to be interesting to see how they behave.  They should keep to themselves unless they feel threatened.  But in DayZ will they randomly rush you and knock your head off?  Hope not.

• Like 2

Experience some frustrating desync on US Southcentral 0-1 with a 150-200 ping. Shooting a guy I caught completely off guard because he ran into my bunker point blank range twice in the chest with a FAL. I was in complete cover. He never raised his gun nor did I hear a shot but I immediately went unconscious. He seemed to have survived my shots and finished me off 20 seconds after.

That is the exact kind of szenario I expected to be a thing of the past with the new player sync improvements.

Got killed by some frenchman with an axe while drinking at a fountain in Berenzino shortly after spawning.  Respawned nearby, got a stick with an apple on it, found him, killed him (got his axe, shotgun and ammo, p1 and ammo, some extra ammo - pretty good haul).  Then I decided to hang around and kill anyone who didn't give me their jeans.  Most were dumb enough to try and box a guy with a pointy stick (3 went down this way).  I had a good little collection of jeans going in a nearby house. The last few were smart enough just to run.  The final guy ran me in circles until I had to log off, so I just told him he could have all my stuff, so I stripped naked and logged.  Had very little desync or lag.  Got the FPS stutters a couple of times - still not sure what causes it - many times, I was fairly certain there was no one around.  

• Like 8

I forgot yesterdays was Friday and was hoping to wake up to a patch/wipe unstucking my 1pp guy who is in the basement of a split level  green house. 

I did all kinds of jerking around with the infected yesterday and get huge rubber banding, lag, desync, and invisible attackers when I rounded up large numbers of them and took them for a "jog" around town. I was playing on low populated servers with a high ping, is that "server performance" or on my end? What happens if multiple players in separate locations do the same thing like someone doing it in each major city at the same time? 

Being suck in 1pp I started a 3pp guy and was just commenting to junior they should change the name of the game to "fuck, it's raining again" when I realised it was my favourite spawn. Among other things they're changing the CLE as we go, Skalatisy island was the land of misfit motorcycle helmets, no shit 30-40 of them. I found an infected in a more remote location on the island than I'm used to but didn't see any in the big field in the middle like I'm used to. 

• Like 5

hmm what i have to do to get status working?
in modifiers it says only hitlegs...i cant get wet,i dont have to drink or eat.i have tried to log of from server two times and tried also two different servers where one was freshspawn.

17 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

*snip*

.  Got the FPS stutters a couple of times - still not sure what causes it - many times, I was fairly certain there was no one around.  

I noticed it after I'd been in the woods and was moving to an area where infected could spawn like a town of city, saw it for sure when I got close to a herd of cows twice.

I think there's a new stutter when the AI starts getting "dynamic" around you.

• Like 1

Wolves are stupid ATM, had 6 chase me the other night, Had a Red 9 and was just north of Krastnostav when I heard the pack, so I run and weave about 200m to the Hunting stand just down from the black/brown wood house. went from 5000 blood to 500 when I bandaged.  So the 6 wolves are running round the hunting stand so I decide to take them out from relative safety.  Bam, first shot to the head, just looks at me and laughs, 2nd and 3rd shots also to the head. WTAF. it takes 4/5 9mm to the head to put the wolf down. Not very realistic. 1 9mm round to the head should have easily taken the wolf out. especially it that close range. Approx 5m away. Maybe not even that far.

Edited by donkennedy01

53 minutes ago, gekker said:

Experience some frustrating desync on US Southcentral 0-1 with a 150-200 ping. Shooting a guy I caught completely off guard because he ran into my bunker point blank range twice in the chest with a FAL. I was in complete cover. He never raised his gun nor did I hear a shot but I immediately went unconscious. He seemed to have survived my shots and finished me off 20 seconds after.

That is the exact kind of szenario I expected to be a thing of the past with the new player sync improvements.

Read the op. It simply states they are still working on server optimizations and fixing server crashes. Plus it is experimental. Either wait until 0.61 goes to stable or play stable. If they stated that the servers are now stable then test and report back. But knowing it is a work in progress and complaining helps no one.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Kronons said:

Read the op. It simply states they are still working on server optimizations and fixing server crashes. Plus it is experimental. Either wait until 0.61 goes to stable or play stable. If they stated that the servers are now stable then test and report back. But knowing it is a work in progress and complaining helps no one.  

I am aware of that. I thought this is the kind of feedback BI wanted from us. Our experience with the new network implementations. I may have sounded a bit salty in my post though :)

Had an encounter with wolves last night and didn't stand a chance even after killing 2 and firing lots of shots, there were 4 of us with limited ammo.  They should never have attacked us in the first place but at the very least should have run off after some shots.  We also had no chance to avoid them.  

Sometimes it's easier to make environmental challenges kind of BS-y rather than a true challenge you can overcome. 

There seems to be a common thread in these comments where there is an expectation that challenges/difficulties in DayZ should always have some method/tactic/item/knowledge that will offer a high probability of overcoming it in the name of 'balancing the game.'

I disagree. To me, there is significant value to the concept that sometimes, due to bad luck, being at the wrong place at the wrong time, or by acting unwisely, you can end up in a situation where you do not stand a chance. Without that, DayZ loses one of the things that, to me, makes this game special. Without that near-constant feeling of "I'm screwed. I'm not going to live through this," DayZ becomes just a hollow combination of puzzles (find item X to deal with Y, so that you can get to the point where you can find item A to deal with challenge B), luck, and RNG.

If almost all situations have a solution, where is the fear? Where is the hope that you just might get lucky and miraculously survive? Where is the dread that comes from hearing the distant calls of the wolves, and knowing you are in no condition or armed enough to face them head on? Where is the amazing rush that comes with beating the odds and surviving?

Sometimes, things just don't work out, and you discover that the purpose of your character's life was merely to serve as a warning to others.

That said, wolves, and in the future, bears, need a bit more adjustments and tweaks - certainly aggro/detection levels could be adjusted, to account for wide variances in the aggressiveness between packs. Some may be far more likely to attack humans due to hunger or an overly territorial leader, others may be more timid and avoid humans/zeds because they have a weak leader and a full stomach, etc. Certain items can be added to give a small to moderate chance to distract them (find a large box of ground pepper in a kitchen, and when needed spread out the contents of it behind you in the hopes of masking your sent when being stalked, or also giving a chance to lose them if you run through a stream and they do not have LOS on you, for example) or offer a means to ward off most (but not all) attacks from the front with the flaming torch (fairly ineffective on open ground, since they will attack from all directions, but may be of use if your back is to a wall, cliff, or a building as a way to hold them off for a moment to give you time to get to a doorway of a house and close the door, or give a friend time enough to help you, or simply a moment to think. However, it's vital that the chance of surviving a situation where you are vulnerable or otherwise unprepared to deal with a pack of wolves remains extremely low.

As an aside, I grew up in a very rural area where there was a very infrequent, but very real danger of running into a pack of very aggressive wild dogs, who had no fear of humans, and would stalk, attack, and eat anything up to the size of a horse or cow. While not wolves per se, having been stalked by them twice in the forest, and barely escaping an attack the second time I encountered them (I barely got to my truck in time, and one of them punctured a tire with their teeth as I was starting it, and ruined the rim driving on a flat tire on a dirt road for a two miles in order to get away), I feel that experience gave me a damn good reference point as to how wolves should behave if they decide that you are worth eating.

Edited by chambersenator
clarity/grammar
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, chambersenator said:

There seems to be a common thread in these comments where there is an expectation that challenges/difficulties in DayZ should always have some method/tactic/item/knowledge that will offer a high probability of overcoming it in the name of 'balancing the game.'

I disagree. To me, there is significant value to the concept that sometimes, due to bad luck, being at the wrong place at the wrong time, or by acting unwisely, you can end up in a situation where you do not stand a chance.

Great post!

I agree that the punishment for miscalculations should include inevitable death.  "Bad luck", however, could be a limited thing, but not a big thing, in my opinion.  If there is constantly a threat of a Bambi vs. Godzilla scenario, for me personally that would just make me roll my eyes rather than be frightened.  It breaks the immersion more than it serves it, IMO.

That said, I don't think there's anything too terrible right now.  If I had any complaints I'm pretty sure it would be traced back to actual game balancing rather than any questionable design decision (examples are wolves being bullet sponges relative to other living beings in the game, and infected stringing together attacks with super-human quickness).

• Like 3

.61 is going to be that much more amazing when cars are inserted back into the game :D

I hope the work on physics and such is going well! 

Zombies are become a game change ,  suppressed weapons are a real EDC gear,  pistols, smgs , ak74u are good weapons to carry in the cities, mp5k with acog  with the best weapon for silent run in the cities, This little pdw, can kill zombies and with acog can take down players up 400m (head shoot). To be better. They need buff zombie damage, on all zombies, and add  more zombies with persistent agro and speed up :).

Edited by kataro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chambersenator said:

I disagree. To me, there is significant value to the concept that sometimes, due to bad luck, being at the wrong place at the wrong time, or by acting unwisely, you can end up in a situation where you do not stand a chance. Without that, DayZ loses one of the things that, to me, makes this game special. Without that near-constant feeling of "I'm screwed. I'm not going to live through this," DayZ becomes just a hollow combination of puzzles (find item X to deal with Y, so that you can get to the point where you can find item A to deal with challenge B), luck, and RNG.

If almost all situations have a solution, where is the fear? Where is the hope that you just might get lucky and miraculously survive? Where is the dread that comes from hearing the distant calls of the wolves, and knowing you are in no condition or armed enough to face them head on? Where is the amazing rush that comes with beating the odds and surviving?

Sometimes, things just don't work out, and you discover that the purpose of your character's life was merely to serve as a warning to others.

That said, wolves, and in the future, bears, need a bit more adjustments and tweaks - certainly aggro/detection levels could be adjusted, to account for wide variances in the aggressiveness between packs. Some may be far more likely to attack humans due to hunger or an overly territorial leader, others may be more timid and avoid humans/zeds because they have a weak leader and a full stomach, etc. Certain items can be added to give a small to moderate chance to distract them (find a large box of ground pepper in a kitchen, and when needed spread out the contents of it behind you in the hopes of masking your sent when being stalked, or also giving a chance to lose them if you run through a stream and they do not have LOS on you, for example) or offer a means to ward off most (but not all) attacks from the front with the flaming torch (fairly ineffective on open ground, since they will attack from all directions, but may be of use if your back is to a wall, cliff, or a building as a way to hold them off for a moment to give you time to get to a doorway of a house and close the door, or give a friend time enough to help you, or simply a moment to think. However, it's vital that the chance of surviving a situation where you are vulnerable or otherwise unprepared to deal with a pack of wolves remains extremely low.

As an aside, I grew up in a very rural area where there was a very infrequent, but very real danger of running into a pack of very aggressive wild dogs, who had no fear of humans, and would stalk, attack, and eat anything up to the size of a horse or cow. While not wolves per se, having been stalked by them twice in the forest, and barely escaping an attack the second time I encountered them (I barely got to my truck in time, and one of them punctured a tire with their teeth as I was starting it, and ruined the rim driving on a flat tire on a dirt road for a two miles in order to get away), I feel that experience gave me a damn good reference point as to how wolves should behave if they decide that you are worth eating.

I somewhat agree to your post and I agree, there should be times where you messed up things and can't get out of certain situations. But is hearing wolves howling and shortly after that dying everytime fun? In my opinion it isn't, especially if you can encounter three packs in one session like Emuthreat did. Also, think about the stamina system which isn't currently in, that would make it even harder. The howling of a wolf can be heard up to almost 10 kilometers in real life. That would mean that if a wolf howled near Lopatino, you could hear it at Berezino. Why not increase the range of that? Not saying that it needs to be 10 kilometers but if you would hear an howl and you go in the opposite direction, this would highly increase your survival. But it doesn't guarantee it because of course they move faster than humans do so if they are walking in your direction they will eventually catch up.

As I said, I like a challenge and I do like the idea of wolves but meaning that you will die everytime hear an howl removes the fun factor and yes, also the challenge. Because there is no challenge if there is no way of survival. Even having an AKM with a drum mag or a M4 with coupled STANAG mag and bullets to wipe out the entire population of infected in Chernarus it is and stays hard to kill them. You can't stay still because you will be attacked from all sides. Killing them while running is hard because they soak up bullets like a boss and they run faster than you so avoiding getting hit is nearly impossible. The only thing which will significantly increase your surivival chances are getting into a building or somewhere where they can't reach you. But in the middle of the woods that's kind of hard isn't it? So you're saying that we need to avoid the woods and never go near them because everytime you go there, chances are you will be killed by wolves? That is kind of a game breaker for me and will keep players even closer to towns, roads and perhaps even the coast then it already is. Some of us like to move through the woods to get to places faster, avoid potential bandits or get an advantage on someone. If you need to avoid the woods it will render them obslete which will be a waste of space and beautiful environment.

DayZ is the simulation of an harsh survival apocalypse environment and like in real life, there are ways to overcome these possible threats so why shouldn't it be viable in DayZ? Don't get me wrong, I don't want ways that ensure your survival against wolves each time, 100 % of the time but there should be ways to avoid them, to get away from them or make them go away from you, just like there are ways to do this in real life.

• Like 2

WIP sure there will be lots of adjustments, repairs etc.. to wolves and bears, and bunny rabbits the ones with 10 inch teeth.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

WIP sure there will be lots of adjustments, repairs etc.. to wolves and bears, and bunny rabbits the ones with 10 inch teeth.

I know well enough that it is a WIP, therefore my feedback on this matter. That's why there is feedback and discussions, to improve or change certain parts of the game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IMT said:

As I said, I like a challenge and I do like the idea of wolves but meaning that you will die everytime hear an howl removes the fun factor and yes, also the challenge. Because there is no challenge if there is no way of survival. Even having an AKM with a drum mag or a M4 with coupled STANAG mag and bullets to wipe out the entire population of infected in Chernarus it is and stays hard to kill them. You can't stay still because you will be attacked from all sides. Killing them while running is hard because they soak up bullets like a boss and they run faster than you so avoiding getting hit is nearly impossible. The only thing which will significantly increase your surivival chances are getting into a building or somewhere where they can't reach you. But in the middle of the woods that's kind of hard isn't it? So you're saying that we need to avoid the woods and never go near them because everytime you go there, chances are you will be killed by wolves? That is kind of a game breaker for me and will keep players even closer to towns, roads and perhaps even the coast then it already is. Some of us like to move through the woods to get to places faster, avoid potential bandits or get an advantage on someone. If you need to avoid the woods it will render them obslete which will be a waste of space and beautiful environment.

Fair point - The 'bullet sponge' aspect is something that needs to be addressed that I did not mention. I was thinking of the challenges that people with little to no gear face with wolves as I was writing that, rather than a well armed person facing a pack of wolves. While there should still be a fair chance of being overwhelmed if too many of them get too close, and even keeping a lesser, but still decent chance of them one-hitting you, I completely agree that bullets should be doing what they are supposed to do when they hit living things..

• Like 1

Since you keep dropping my name in relation to these wolves, @IMT, I'll share my two cents.

Firstly, any shotgun will make mincemeat of wolves in short order, so as long as you have more than a handful of shells, only one's own failure to aim will result in dying from wolves.  I did okay with a repeater, bailing out the guy in Gvozdno last night, but I was running in a figure-8 to avoid damage and make them cross paths for easier shooting opportunity.

Secondly, I am just fine with the amount of wolves I encounter.  If ever I kill more than I can fit in my belly, there is always the option to swaddle up the rest in a burlap sack and look for other people to feed.  I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with free food offering itself to me without my asking.  : P

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Since you keep dropping my name in relation to these wolves, @IMT, I'll share my two cents.

Firstly, any shotgun will make mincemeat of wolves in short order, so as long as you have more than a handful of shells, only one's own failure to aim will result in dying from wolves.  I did okay with a repeater, bailing out the guy in Gvozdno last night, but I was running in a figure-8 to avoid damage and make them cross paths for easier shooting opportunity.

Secondly, I am just fine with the amount of wolves I encounter.  If ever I kill more than I can fit in my belly, there is always the option to swaddle up the rest in a burlap sack and look for other people to feed.  I have absolutely NO PROBLEM with free food offering itself to me without my asking.  : P

But now comes the real question, I know that you've fought wolves when with other players or when in buildings but have you recently fought them out in a field or in the woods where there is no cover, no other targets for them than just you? Also about the shotgun, remember when we faced a pack near Altar I believe and I shot a wolf point blank in the face with a shotgun and it did not die? Hell, I shot one yesterday in the face with a 5.45 and all it did was this:

And I know for a fact that it was a shot in the head because it was standing still growling at me while I was comfy in my bus and saw the blood spurt at his head.

But thank you for your opinion on the matter. Maybe I haven't encountered them enough to have a decent opinion. But I had two unpleasant encounters with them now since they tweaked them and I guess making them more vulnerable to bullets will resolve a lot of my "problems" with them as well because you can make them flee faster of course.

Also people, keep in mind, I didn't die in both encounters so I'm not just ranting because I died or lost my gear.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

When I am alone out in the woods or fields, I run from wolves.  If I get surprised by them, it usually doesn't end well, even if I have an auto-gat and a surplus of gatteries.  When I die by wolves, I usually ask myself what I did wrong, and the answer is usually very obvious; failure to plan, poor choice in egress, aiming shortcomings.

I definitely think twice now before running unarmed straight through the northern woods.  And then proceed to do it anyways...

I will agree that they are bullet sponges, but I kinda like it that way.  Wolves are too easy to hunt as it is, with them not running away until after having dropped 15 pieces of delicious meat and fat for me.

• Like 1

Now that players seem to be spread out a bit more (good), I wonder if there's any chance of them throwing up a 100-player server soon just to see what blows up?  *wink* *nudge*

• Like 2