Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136593

5 minutes ago, zanandhar said:

My character status is not updating in inventory view nor debug console.

Any of you had the problem ?

Yeah it's a common problem and I think it's tied to server performance. Relogging or joining a different server fixes it. 

1 hour ago, madmaxm said:

- Well done on zombie AI! Awesome! I coudnt get away from the zombie at all.

For real, I had one on my ass for about 300m straight around Gorka, and I couldn't shake it! I had to resort to killing it and it made for extra tension to my dire situation with cholera haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Blood regen, is very slow 1 tick per second. With full food and water, i would love maybe 1.5 ticks to 2 ticks per second.

I am just 2500 after feeding and sitting for 10-15 minutes. It went only 100 approx blood. An infected takes you down pretty quick with those ninja stabs they do.

IF you get the bright green hydrated and energized it goes to 3 ticks per second on the blood regen, eat till your packed ;-)

• Like 3

I've just ran from Novy (police station) towards NWAF with a superZombie on my dick, I just couldn't shake it off and had to kill it before I entered the compound.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Woopie said:

I've just ran from Novy (police station) towards NWAF with a superZombie on my dick, I just couldn't shake it off and had to kill it before I entered the compound.

Cool story man. Glad they like dicks :)

• Like 1

Had a few spawns this evening. The rain was brutal. Kept me busy quite some time. Cost me a respawn here and there aswell. 

I would like to suggest more places to actually light a fire. I think the big barns with double doors or the double stairs barn allow for this without fire hazard. Hard enough with fresh spawns trying to cave in your face because of reasons. 

Got medium foodpoisoning after drinking catched rain out of a gascanister. I emptied the vessel first. So thats weird. 

Infected are finally becoming more the a nuisance. Big thumbs up here. I do still feel we need the ability to crouch melee because of crawling infected. 

Ps. For christmaz i would like a .61 to stable. ;)

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Had a few spawns this evening. The rain was brutal. Kept me busy quite some time. Cost me a respawn here and there aswell. 

I would like to suggest more places to actually light a fire. I think the big barns with double doors or the double stairs barn allow for this without fire hazard. Hard enough with fresh spawns trying to cave in your face because of reasons. 

Got medium foodpoisoning after drinking catched rain out of a gascanister. I emptied the vessel first. So thats weird. 

Infected are finally becoming more the a nuisance. Big thumbs up here. I do still feel we need the ability to crouch melee because of crawling infected. 

Yea rain is tough! +1 to being able to start a fire more places, tho it does seem like if you can place it you can light it, which is a big improvement, nothing like building a fire to only have it say you cant light it or pick it up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zanandhar said:

My character status is not updating in inventory view nor debug console.

Any of you had the problem ?

No guarantees that it will work with this patch, but I have come across a way to fix it under certain circumstances in previous stable/exp patches.

NOTE: the following is what I have been able to piece together from my own experiences with the status bug, and what appeared to work for me. Since I have not been able to test this 'solution' thoroughly enough to say "this will fix it" with any confidence, and only can judge by what I can see on the client side of things, and their could be multiple causes and fixes for the status bug, consider this more of a "it's worth a try" solution.

It seems to me that usually the status bug will not fix itself until the server that you are on restarts.

However, if you can find a server (that's attached to the same hive, of course) that has restarted AFTER the point where you first caught the status bug, your status will become unstuck.

For example:

Let's say the server restarted at 12AM, you joined the server at 12:30 AM, and noticed your status was fine at 1:15AM, but now it's 1:20AM and it's now bugged. At 2AM, you leave that server.

If you move to another server, and it's been up since 12AM, your status will most likely still be bugged.

BUT, if you can find a server that restarted AFTER 1:20AM (due to a crash, perhaps), your status might just return to normal.

This is where it gets confusing - it's also possible that if you log into a server in a different region of the world - from an NA server to an EU or AUS server, or from an EU to an NA server, for example - it may also fix your status, but not always. (I suggested this to TheRunningManZ during one of his streams, after he had tried multiple EU servers, and switching to an NA server did fix his status bug.)

I'll skip my reasoning as to why this might work, as it's just a fraction of an inch away from a wild guess.

I just hope that when the status bug is fixed once and for all, that the devs will share with us what exactly was going on, and how they fixed it. I'm really curious about the nature of it, as I'm actually looking forward to seeing how ridiculously incorrect my theories are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chambersenator said:

No guarantees that it will work with this patch, but I have come across a way to fix it under certain circumstances in previous stable/exp patches.

NOTE: the following is what I have been able to piece together from my own experiences with the status bug, and what appeared to work for me. Since I have not been able to test this 'solution' thoroughly enough to say "this will fix it" with any confidence, and only can judge by what I can see on the client side of things, and their could be multiple causes and fixes for the status bug, consider this more of a "it's worth a try" solution.

It seems to me that usually the status bug will not fix itself until the server that you are on restarts.

However, if you can find a server (that's attached to the same hive, of course) that has restarted AFTER the point where you first caught the status bug, your status will become unstuck.

For example:

Let's say the server restarted at 12AM, you joined the server at 12:30 AM, and noticed your status was fine at 1:15AM, but now it's 1:20AM and it's now bugged. At 2AM, you leave that server.

If you move to another server, and it's been up since 12AM, your status will most likely still be bugged.

BUT, if you can find a server that restarted AFTER 1:20AM (due to a crash, perhaps), your status might just return to normal.

This is where it gets confusing - it's also possible that if you log into a server in a different region of the world - from an NA server to an EU or AUS server, or from an EU to an NA server, for example - it may also fix your status, but not always. (I suggested this to TheRunningManZ during one of his streams, after he had tried multiple EU servers, and switching to an NA server did fix his status bug.)

I'll skip my reasoning as to why this might work, as it's just a fraction of an inch away from a wild guess.

I just hope that when the status bug is fixed once and for all, that the devs will share with us what exactly was going on, and how they fixed it. I'm really curious about the nature of it, as I'm actually looking forward to seeing how ridiculously incorrect my theories are.

From OP: We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

FYI Hicks has stated they are shooting for a 0.61 stable release before Christmas. Hence the multiple updates on exp. :)

I had a very intense moment. I was sitting in a feeding shack just north-west of the military checkpoint in Novy Lug, waiting for the server to restart, planning my next move and doing my inventory. Suddenly I heard a footstep or something so I raised my SKS and waited a minute but nothing happened. So I continued doing my inventory and finally tearing up my original t-shirt (I know, it's outrageous). Suddenly I heard howling and the only phrase which came to mind was "ohhhh fuck!". I immediately booked it out of the feeding shack and started running back towards the military tents. Of course they were much faster me and biting me while running but still I managed to hit one wolf once but then my gun said click and went through the only 8 7.62x39mm rounds I had. Finally I saw a bus and didn't know if I was going to make it. When I made it to the bus I immediately started bandiging and I almost hit the 500 blood mark which would have rendered me unconscious. Again, I cheated death, I guess the guy upstairs likes me. I took out my chambered AKS and started shooting them one by one. Sometimes they went in the bus but they couldn't really hit me, fortunately. After killing 3 of the 7 or 8 they booked it and to put some icing on the cake I managed to hit one more while running but he surivived. Shortly after that the server restarted and I decided to move out of there quickly because I didn't want to deal with them a second time. Fortunately I'm almost back to full blood and need to regain 500 health, so I'm almost healthy again.

Now I like the idea of wolves but in it's current state even if you have an AKM with a drum mag there is an high chance you will not survive the encounter. I Googled the term "dealing with a wolf" and it led to some interesting results. Apparentely you can survive wolf encounters in real life so I wonder if this already implemented or will be implemented. I do hope so because I don't like the wolves in it's current state, when playing as a lone wolf (no pun intended) you're pretty much dead because they can soak high caliber assault rifle rounds like an end boss of a game. But other than that I think their AI is very well implemented so my compliments for that.

Let's hope that there will be some ways to avoid being attacked or making them run off more easily.

Here are some screenshots of the encounter but it's hard to see because of my low blood and it was dark:

gcku7RL.jpg

PXrCODL.jpg

SvUaJnf.jpg

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

I wonder how that is being done. Server first, then updates the clients location? or Client Move but passes on info to the server, the SQL database.

With what you mention, it is rather clear anyone with 100+ ping would have a very difficult time adjusting inventory around.

9 out of the 10 times the server is always leading and after that come the clients.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

Really enjoying my time back in DayZ! The Infected are serious business and won't stop chasing until a long distance or when they're dead!

I was shot at by two survivors (Who both missed) but I decided to surrender and there was a pause before they bandited me. After taking what they liked, they ran in the opposite direction from me and left me alive! :D

Some time after my time robbery, I decided I'd try to take that power from another! Seeing someone a bit geared, I snuck up on them and snickered out, "Drop everything and you live." - The player didn't respond kindly and began to try to flank me and hit me with a shovel. One shot from my blaze and they degraded to ruination right in front of me haha

• Like 1

Another smooth night lone-wolfing on the 'mental branch:

• Spawned into a light rain.  Made it to Staroye before I got the soaked/drenched status.  Was also red hungry so I killed two birds with one stone (so to speak) and cooked up a chicken in a house at Staroye.  Risky since the word is out that the loot there is good, but I warmed up, ate up, and made it out without incident.  A pink raincoat was waiting for me a couple houses down the road.
  • Found a pristine stack of 20 .308 in a car in Guglovo.  I immediately thought "this is bugged and will change to something else soon".  I split the ammo into two stacks of 10.  The stacks of 10 changed to damaged, but it did let me keep all of the ammo.
  • In the forest NE of Novy I ran right past a guy headed straight towards Berezino and carrying a backpack in his hands.  I didn't harass him because it was obvious he was being a good friend to someone at significant risk to himself.
  • Found a scoped Carbine with mag as well as a Winnie at Devil's Castle.  I like looting the forgotten places. :)
  • Found an assault backpack in a feed shack for the second time in a week.  Not sure if someone swapped for a hunting backpack, but I'm beginning to think they are spawning there.
  • Did the assault packs get a nerf?  The one I have tonight is 7x4 slots, but I could have sworn they were 8x4 at some point(?).
  • I am noticing much less stuttering when going through doors and such, especially when attempting to lock infected in a building, which could be quite difficult to pull off as recently as a week ago.

Good stuff.  I like DayZ.

Edited by plasteek
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Blood regen, is very slow 1 tick per second. With full food and water, i would love maybe 1.5 ticks to 2 ticks per second.

I am just 2500 after feeding and sitting for 10-15 minutes. It went only 100 approx blood. An infected takes you down pretty quick with those ninja stabs they do.

I have noticed that blood regen now becomes incrementally retarded when you are stuffed.  it's pretty important now to balance the timing and quality of your food and water intake.

5 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Cool story man. Glad they like dicks :)

IME, they go for headshots.

• Like 3

Server browser is for like 5 previus and this build is still on 1 fps for me (AMD fx 8370 + R9 380X). After search is done for all possible servers, fps goes to normal numbers.

Edited by madmaxm

Now that you mention it, our pings were probably between 260 to 350ms, this might explain why we were having a problem with soft sounds and desyncs etc. I suppose it might be better to play on the standard 0.60 version, than on the test version for now because of the delay on the experimental test servers overseas. From what i've seen so far on the exp 0.61 version, it may actually be quite good when it comes out, if the reason we are battling is the high ping. Also if the connection to the servers is using the UDP protocol, it's probably why some packets are being lost and not updating either the server or the client. Perhaps there could be a bit more code added here to resend some of the packets a couple of times just to ensure the crucial aspects on both sides are updated accordingly.

• Like 1

I think the wolfes are great at the time I lost the half of my blood but just get away just by running for 1km with some stops in buildings to bandage me... 

I just wundering that only my helmet becomes ruined and not my clothes... It will be great if some leather clothes will protect you more and other normal clothes gets ruined faster.... 

I played with a friend and we had some problems with items ...he had some that I could not see and I had some that he could not see, things we drop on the ground and things inside the backpack if we drop it. 

And some mags or bullets we have found were filled up from an other player I think that he had in his backpack too.

• Like 2

Had quite a run tonight.  Met up with Kilgor and folowed some gunshots from SE Gvozdno to SW Gvozdno and saved some guy from wolves.  Had some rando come by and take a few wolf steaks.  We cooked them up on my tripod and cooking pot between Devil's Castle and Altar, and ate up, then ran north, where we were again assailed by a pack of 8 wolves; we ran to a hunting stand and waited for them.  Kilgor made quick work of them with his MP-133, as I put a couple shots into random wolves.  We ran through Sverograd, looking for a barrel to try to tan the pelt I carried away, but gave up by the campground east of Troitskoe, where I cooked the new wolf steaks.  We ran to Kamensk base, where we were again attacked by wolves.  This time we ran into the jail building, secured the jail room from a zombie, and I proceeded to let in the remaining two zombies which were being attacked by wolves.  I then tried to hit a wolf with a fire ax, because they would not come inside.  I was hit twice and rendered unconscious.  After multiple force-feedings, an epi-pen, a re-logging by Kilgore, and multiple rounds of CPR, I decided to bite the bullet and re-log myself back to the coast.  It should go without saying that i was very near max blood and health while this occurred, as we were getting fat on wolf steaks the whole time we were running up there.

Zombies seemed to be both more easily engaged with fists, but also prone to taking hits without doing any animation.  I started out at around 21 punches to kill an infected, and ended up averaging 6 to 8 punches with bare fists; though the 6-8 punch infected were police, and the 21 punch were mostly flannel shirt wearing hermits.

Things are seeming really good this patch.  Too bad I only saw friendly guys; no opportunity to test PvP desynch today.  It would be great if the debug status box could include stomach volume, energy and hydration stats too....

Here we cook some chicken on the way into Gvozdno.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

The rest of the night was surprisingly action-packed with survival, so I didn't get many screenshots.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I would like to reiterate that torches and flares should keep wolves at bay.

Thank you.

1k damage pr wolf hit is an end game fantasy land with end game bosses in an massive multiplayer game like Crowfall - it should had nothing to do with Dayz SA, and it`s wrong genre.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) and the dev. team changed the wolves due to some complaints on the general forum that the wolves were harmless which I don`t agree with at all. When wolves were implemented I always lost about 2-3k blood everytime until I ran into a town to take cover behind locked doors since they run faster than you. In an earlier exp. version they hit harder compare to a zombie, but they had no bleed damage, but now they have bleed damage and they damage per attack is not balance at all. I agree with bleed damage, but it should be much less damage per successful hit. You need to balance wolf as a pack - since you never encounter 1 single wolf it seems, or will the number be /random amount of wolves in the future as well?

Edited by ori42
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, ori42 said:

1k damage pr wolf hit is an end game fantasy land with end game bosses in an massive multiplayer game like Crowfall - it should had nothing to do with Dayz SA, and it`s wrong genre.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) and the dev. team changed the wolves due to some complaints on the general forum that the wolves were harmless which I don`t agree with at all. When wolves were implemented I always lost about 2-3k blood everytime until I ran into a town to take cover behind locked doors since they run faster than you. In an earlier exp. version they hit harder compare to a zombie, but they had no bleed damage, but now they have bleed damage and they damage per attack is not balance at all. I agree with bleed damage, but it should be much less damage

I don't agree with your opinion.

Wolf's are "end game", same as bear will "probaly" 1 hit you as in real life. This is survival  game. The more pve aspect is growing to "mature" status, the more we are going away from "easy" gameplay and pvp to survival aspect.

Once 0.61 will hit on stable, masses of kids will cry their shit out, becouse pvp has been killed on large scale and survival aspect has been re-introduced.

Steam forums will burn ^^

Edited by madmaxm

56 minutes ago, madmaxm said:

I don't agree with your opinion.

Wolf's are "end game", same as bear will "probaly" 1 hit you as in real life. This is survival  game. The more pve aspect is growing to "mature" status, the more we are going away from "easy" gameplay and pvp to survival aspect.

Once 0.61 will hit on stable, masses of kids will cry their shit out, becouse pvp has been killed on large scale and survival aspect has been re-introduced.

Wolves are not even a threat or dangerous in real life for human, m8. Yes, but a bear is a completely different animal and size, but both species are shy animals in the wilderness. 

And with that thought process and balancing related to wolves who run faster than you, and u always encounter (6-8) wolves.. Zombies should be much more difficult and have twice as much blood/health compare to a player since it`s undead, right?

Yeah I know it make no sense the whole balancing process in dayz SA at the moment.   

The Dayz SA working on server performance - it helps to reduce the amount of wolves in a pack, because it`s yeah fantasy land numbers. It`s a good start to improve server performance. 

I`ve not seen peaceful rabbits, pigs or boars in experimental patch at all - are they all gone due to performance issues?

*I would like to start a new topic like who is suppose to be the main threat in this game players, or none player characters?

(npc like wolves, animals, zombies etc.)

My point is when you have zombies chasing you, or wolves chasing you: You need to take huge risks and run into a town city in safety for shelter with little or no bullets in some situations. And you need to do so without scouting the town for other hostile players with weapons. So when wolves or zombies being a huge threat in this game - the game change focus towards npc (none player characters) instead of players. For me in a multiplayer environment another player is always the main threat in any games I`ve played including dayz SA, but when wolves is this unbalance due to numbers and damage - you won`t even reach to shelter or a city for protection, because you`re probably dead. So players will start to avoid such locations completely instead. And I`m against that for sure. I watched @therunningmanz last night stream - he said on live stream I won`t check the last deer stance, because it might be wolves nearby and too close to wolves, and I am against that for sure.

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

The whole health/blood system is borderline broken at the moment, because 1 shot in the arm or leg could in theory kill you in dayz land and it happen. It`s not like in H1z1 when 1 helmet will save you, but the bullet destroy the item or armor in the process. The whole blood/health system with items like helmets, vest (cloth and protection) need a major improvement in beta stages in my opinion in dayz SA.  

Edited by ori42

"Zombies should be much more difficult and have twice as much blood/health compare to a player since it`s undead, right?" 

The infected are not undead Ori.

They are rage filled animalistic people with a virus that can die just the way healthy people do.

This is why we don't need headshots to kill them....

• Like 3

I know @BioHazard050 I debate it and put things in different perspective which affect our gameplay and playstyle for sure, because it`s interesting and vital for the game to have predators like zombies and wolves to be proper balance. If you have played 7days to die for instant - a zombie is a much more deadly in comparison to dayz SA, but we don`t need that in dayz SA that zombies run with double speed at night, or they are much stronger and paralyze you with their attacks, because 7 days to die is usually a single player game, and you don`t need to pay that much attention towards other players like in dayz SA. But it`s a method to describe the whole threat picture in dayz SA at the moment, but it change how we play the game for sure the whole balance topic. 

Another example that wolves changed my play style recently:  In wolf areas or loactions on the map I personally use roads instead due to risk of wolf encounters. I`m fully aware that I am more exposed using roads instead of forest towards other players, but I avoid woods completely at the moment, because I don`t like to start over at the coast with another wolf encounter. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

Well, I really enjoy the game and Dayz SA, and I guess that`s why I care so much about it with different topic with so much potential in this game - so I hope they figure it out eventually. I hope the other animals will be back too, because it was a good food source for me in the past. 

A minor bug report: The green paint spray on B95 empty it for bullets too like SKS, and the bullets are gone in process. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1