Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136593

I don't think so, I am on 1PP server right now. Central 0-2 I think.

2 pieces of cooked chicken brought my status from orange hungry to no hunger. Nutritious!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

I don't think so, I am on 1PP server right now. Central 0-2 I think.

x2 in a row, disconnected after rejoining. High pop.

posted the same log file. No rpt errors

---------------------------------------------
Log C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\DayZ\error.log started at 09.12. 14:16:59

Widget style 'Default' for class 'GenericListboxWidget' has Item 'Highlight' referencing unknown Image 'ListboxHighlightMain'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarLeftTop' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarTop' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarRightTop' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarRight' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarRightBottom' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarBottom' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarLeftBottom' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarCenter' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Widget style 'Default' for class 'SliderWidget' has Item 'BarLeft' referencing unknown Image 'ButtonPushed'
Can't load style for unknown class EditBox2Widget
Cannot load localized file English, using default one (English)

Server Dayz US Northeast 0-2 went from high to Medium just now.

---------------------------------------------
Log C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\DayZ\error.log started at 09.12. 14:16:59

Went to 0-3 northeast or whatever worked good. So something happened to destabilize 0-2 Not sure.

Edited by sneakydude

So I logged in to 1PP for about an hour, battled some zombies, made a garden, ran around and this build seems to be performing well.

Noticed another player from a distance and his head was black, no graphic but it cleared up as I approached.

Question about game play, do gardens require water now?

17 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

So I logged in to 1PP for about an hour, battled some zombies, made a garden, ran around and this build seems to be performing well.

Noticed another player from a distance and his head was black, no graphic but it cleared up as I approached.

Question about game play, do gardens require water now?

They always did? where you able to grow without water?

• Like 1

I really enjoy the zombie AI now - I had a couple who chased me all over the map. So I had to put him down witth my blaze! In fact I heard gun shots all over the green mountains, lol. ;)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I really enjoy the zombie AI now - I had a couple of chased me all over the map. So I had to put him down witth my blaze! In fact I heard gun shots all over the green mountains, lol. ;)

Where you in Northeast 0-3? i shot 2 of them close to green mountain chasing me.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

They always did? where you able to grow without water?

No but I thought I read somewhere you could when I was researching how to do it. Started a garden but had nothing to use for getting water, so it just sits :-) I think I am just going to be a farmer tonight, hopefully no bandits harass me :-) Some bandits got me last night on my way north.

8 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Where you in Northeast 0-3? i shot 2 of them close to green mountain chasing me.

I don`t remember exact server, but I played on a US server. I found a crash site just north of radio tower, and heard couple of shots, but it`s hard to spot me now with no backpack with a blaze, and winchester ammo which I found in the crash site (US). @Hicks_206 (DayZ) I really enjoy that some zombies don`t stop chasing you - I hope that will be a thing in dayz SA. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

No but I thought I read somewhere you could when I was researching how to do it. Started a garden but had nothing to use for getting water, so it just sits :-) I think I am just going to be a farmer tonight, hopefully no bandits harass me :-) Some bandits got me last night on my way north.

Take gas can full of water, or find a barrel. Store it close to your farms. Then you can use smaller containers to fill up.

I think we could use more loot, just a tad though. but it is rather fun otherwise. I met a guy in a stand, i think i scared him. Didn't mean too, but i saw something move so i investigated it. We both said HI, friendly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I don`t remember exact server, but I played on a US server .- I found a crash site just north of radio tower, and heard couple of shots, but it`s hard to spot me now with no backpack with a blaze, and winchester ammo which I found in the crash site (US).

10 bucks it may have been me. I am over by pustoka now. I went past the two large barns, right to pustoka.

I didn't see anyone so i moved into a building to camp.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

Blood regen, is very slow 1 tick per second. With full food and water, i would love maybe 1.5 ticks to 2 ticks per second.

I am just 2500 after feeding and sitting for 10-15 minutes. It went only 100 approx blood. An infected takes you down pretty quick with those ninja stabs they do.

This build is a lot of fun, I like the fact that there is a lot to do now with crafting and survival. It was getting boring just running around to find someone to kill, it is awesome that the zombies are so aggressive. This game is really becoming what I thought it would be. Very excited to play when I get home tonight. Now I just need to find some people to play with. A couple more questions.

1. Does loot spawn when players move into an area or only on server startup?

2. Are barrels and tents the only persistent storage?

3. Do only a certain amount of barrels/tents spawn in the server at one time?

4. How do chopper crash spawns work?

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1

Yes maybe @sneakydude, I thought it was a fire fight near Zelenogorsk, but I only heard 1 type of weapon - so I figure out that someone shot at zombies. :)

• Like 1

Would be awesome if the players active posters, and have been accounted for 1 year could not have the time out on dayz site. After i look i have to keep logging back in if i want to stay up on others comments.

Any chance they can fix that Brian? Just people with so many post counts, 1 year service and have been back maybe 1 month or sooner to have that restriction??

I know its a tough one, seeing as BI Arma had spammers too, but dayz is the only site that does this logoff inactive thing for a length of time. IF anyone does this spamming it wont be from our accounts.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

This build is a lot of fun, I like the fact that there is a lot to do now with crafting and survival. It was getting boring just running around to find someone to kill, it is awesome that the zombies are so aggressive. This game is really becoming what I thought it would be. Very excited to play when I get home tonight. Now I just need to find some people to play with. A couple more questions.

2. Are barrels and tents the only persistent storage?

3. Do only a certain amount of barrels/tents spawn in the server at one time?

There should be limits like posted before. I don't know if they are taken out at the moment.

The way some of the sandbox games work in Epoch, and Exile are, we use a random count on items and compile them to spawn in specific building types. It populates when a player is within XXX amount of distance.

This takes the load off of clients and the server. This way AI can be used in the server. Now with that being said, when you have Loot spawning, and AI spawning it will cause a decrease in FPS, CPU load. Splitting it off to another client - server helps take the load off, but if you manage code right you can split it to each client and completely take the load off of the server.

So if you where within 1000m Spawns of AI start to happen, and Loot starts to populate. Having lower loot content helps the server FPS and CPU loads. Having it repopulate after 15 minutes keeps the database fresh.10FPS is much better then 100FPS per load.

I have not looked at everything here with server code, or client code. I have only skimmed. That was 2 years ago too, much has changed.

- Crawling zombie has speed reduced, but he still pushes you around instead: crawling to you and start hiting you.

- Damage is now per hit 25~, before this build was 50. I find this to low damage :(. Atleast 100 per hit, should give zombie more "fear" status.

Damage breakdown:

- Normal civilian zombie: 100~ damage per hit. 4-5 hits with best axe.

- Army zombie: 250-300~ damage per hit: 5-9 hits with best axe.

// This would add to fear factor by x5~ for zombies and take away pvp ascept. Player would start worrying about zombies.

- Well done on zombie AI! Awesome! I coudnt get away from the zombie at all. Some game mechanics to to aviod the zombie from dayz mod would be welcomed.

- Male Deer in pack, should defend hes heard and attack you as this is the case in real life. Some hunters even died in real life becouse of this. Same with "wild" male bull.

- Introduction of Beta wolf, when Alpha dies: "Beta animals often act as second-in-command to the reigning alpha or alphas and will act as new alpha animals if an alpha dies or is otherwise no longer considered an alpha. In some species of birds, males pair up in twos when courting, the beta male aiding the alpha male. It has been found that the social context of the animals has a significant impact on courtship behavior and the overall reproductive success of that animal."

x64 feedback:

- I can only get 2.5Gb ram out of it. It does never ever got over that number (got more then 20Gb ram).

- Some (ultra) minor slutering, there and there. Everthing else works ok.

- Before bushes where pink when i reported the bug. Now tree stumps are blinking yellow and they get normal when i come close to them.

Edited by madmaxm
  • Like 1

First time playing in many months and WOW! This game is SO amazing. . and holy crap, the weather, scarce food, the crazy fast Infected, and the threat of violent neighbors makes this game the best! :D

I've had nothing but nice social encounters, but I'm sure there's a killer out there somewhere! xD

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

*snip*.

*snip*

Loot is supposed to populate when the server first goes up then the items degrade, or are picked up and are replaced about every half hour (item lifetime) with server restarts having nothing to do with it more or less. 

I have observed this a lot since the CLE came about and it does work like that in most cases.

In the case of the initial loot population if I stay in one area after spawning on a fresh server I can run around looting the same places and stuff will slowly trickle in alongside the first stuff I saw for a few hours.

In .61 I have tried moving everything out of some small checkpoints and all that happens is the seemingly natural trickle of replacement items of varying "usefulness" and one instance of two tents spawning only road flares after I did this for awhile.

I have also observed 2-3 time where stuff has spawned at these tents immediately following a reset, try it yourself in two and a half hours, as far as i know it's not supposed to work like that.

• Like 4

Had my first run in with the wolves, man they are fast and tough! Can i make anything out of wolf hide?

Server is running good for me, good fps and no missing textures. Bumped into someone above cherno a bit ago, meet alot more friendly people these days.

some feedback on x64 bit 0.61:

-> I noticed my friends face still showing as a black blank face, the rest of the body appears to have all the textures applied.

-> Still experiencing major problems with desync(so i am told by my friends and experienced first hand), i.e. when trying to use an axe, to make a fire place, and you drop a rifle, then come back to try pick it up, it is either not visible to one player, or it cannot be picked up or dragged to the inventory. Also, sometimes dragging items into the quick bar doesn't always work, probably part of the same problem.

-> when swipping attacking zombies with an axe, the swipes seem delayed. It seemed the other night when the x64bit first came out, the moves seemed smoother, not sure if its because the server wasn't full or what, but somehow things seem laggy.

->the graphics looks really nice at the moment, especially early morning near a valley.

->it would be nice if the required gear for a weapon could be found in the immediate vicinity, else one finds oneself running around with half the gear not being usable, but i suppose that's just person preference.

->zombie encounters are becoming more interesting, pity the sounds are still very soft.

->general sound issues. i.e. sounds are soft, known issue.

->general moving of items around in inventory is a bit cumbersome, i.e. the inventory position doesn't update easily when moving things around, it seems slow.

Edited by Spazukker

My character status is not updating in inventory view nor debug console.

Any of you had the problem ?

12 minutes ago, Spazukker said:

some feedback on x64 bit 0.61:

-> I noticed my friends face still showing as a black blank face, the rest of the body appears to have all the textures applied.

-> Still experiencing major problems with desync(so i am told by my friends and experienced first hand), i.e. when trying to use an axe, to make a fire place, and you drop a rifle, then come back to try pick it up, it is either not visible to one player, or it cannot be picked up or dragged to the inventory. Also, sometimes dragging items into the quick bar doesn't always work, probably part of the same problem.

-> when swipping attacking zombies with an axe, the swipes seem delayed. It seemed the other night when the x64bit first came out, the moves seemed smoother, not sure if its because the server wasn't full or what, but somehow things seem laggy.

->the graphics looks really nice at the moment, especially early morning near a valley.

->it would be nice if the required gear for a weapon could be found in the immediate vicinity, else one finds oneself running around with half the gear not being usable, but i suppose that's just person preference.

->zombie encounters are becoming more interesting, pity the sounds are still very soft.

->general sound issues. i.e. sounds are soft, known issue.

->general moving of items around in inventory is a bit cumbersome, i.e. the inventory position doesn't update easily when moving things around, it seems slow.

I wonder how that is being done. Server first, then updates the clients location? or Client Move but passes on info to the server, the SQL database.

With what you mention, it is rather clear anyone with 100+ ping would have a very difficult time adjusting inventory around.