Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136562

A new Exp/Unstable update today, for this one:

- Increase in Infected count
- Adjustment to cooked meat nutrional values
- Randomization of First Aid Kit contents
- Server Performance adjustments

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 7

Nice! Will there be different items in the first aid kits other than the usual medical supplies such as morphine or saline bags? I'm also interested to see if the number of items within the kits are random as well, some might spawn full and others with only a bandage roll in them. Exciting stuff for the medical side of DayZ!

Wipe confirmed!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

Wipe confirmed!

C'mon duderino.

The OP literally says expect wipes with every update - the last 3 have said so.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

C'mon duderino.

The OP literally says expect wipes with every update - the last 3 have said so.

I know but I want to notify the people before they head in and get disappointed. :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

I know but I want to notify the people before they head in and get disappointed. :)

Just so I'm perfectly clear, is there a wipe this patch?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Not sure if sarcasm or not but yes there was a wipe. Are you going to be at Skalisty, might join you there. :P

• Like 1

The amount of infected has been decreased a little bit in the latest versions, nice to see something is being done about it.

I don't expect to have an answer, but how's the work coming along regarding VOIP being too loud, and bringing back crack sounds? Besides vehicles, these are the two things I am missing/getting annoyed by the most.

Edited by PolishedGuy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

Not sure if sarcasm or not but yes there was a wipe. Are you going to be at Skalisty, might join you there. :P

Was sarcasm, I always read the OP.

Not sure what my plan is today but would like some time in my infected shooting gallery.

I might just rage quit over loosing all my leet gear from yesterday though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

No, everyone spawns w/ AS50 =P

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

yes...good old modded mod days ....lol

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

It better have a TWS or I'll uninstall and f11 myself IRL.

• Like 1

I assume these are known issues but to just to confirm.

Can not crouch or stand with melee weapon in hands. (crafted stone knife)

Can not swing melee when crouched. (crafted stone knife)

Just got a memory crash. I think it's related to the actions which I did before the crash. I was looting the police station and found 2 smoke grenades. Ignited both of them and threw them off the roof. One didn't smoke (maybe threw it too fast) and the other one did smoke and after that I ran downstairs back outside. When I came outside I didn't see any smoke and I think when I got in the vicinity where I threw the smoke grenade (the one that smoked) my game crashed.

Will post it to the feedback tracker. So if you don't want your game to crash, don't play with smoke grenades yet. It was on the x64 client by the way.

Edited by IMT

Is the Supersonic Cracks & Shots Fly Sounds going to be in exp? I read it was in an update but they are not working. 

Yes, well, I am fine with the infected increase count, @Hicks_206 (DayZ) but don`t release it on stable when your zombies push you through the wall section in the 2nd. floor and u die due to fall damage. And only in Dayz SA  u will certainly die if u fall more than 3 meters height since we were talking about what is realism or not in connection with wolves health and weapon sway.  At least increase fall damage to 5 meters so you don`t die from the 2nd. floor in a building by a zombie. 

Edited by ori42

Did a little run this morning, I can play 1pp again!

Fond two FA kits one right after the update and it only had bandages, the second was full.

I had a lot of micro stutters around north Elektro like another player was around or as it seems lately when the AI wakes up. 

40 minutes ago, ori42 said:

Yes, well, I am fine with the infected increase count, @Hicks_206 (DayZ) but don`t release it on stable when your zombies push you through the wall section in the 2nd. floor and u die due to fall damage. And only in Dayz SA  u will certainly die if u fall more than 3 meters height since we were talking about what is realism or not in connection with wolves health and weapon sway.  At least increase fall damage to 5 meters so you don`t die from the 2nd. floor in a building by a zombie. 

You should really read the OP and status report. As per the status report. The new infected are using the new player controller while the actual players are using the legacy player controller. Because the physics don't match from the new to the old it causes the zombies to push a player due to how the new physics work on the new system. And at the moment they are working on a temporary fix until the new player controller is released. As with per the OP. The server performance does cause collision issues with geometry which causes the zombies to push you through buildings. Lastly they only push to stable when the new build is working well and is "stable" for the player base. Do your reading and research. Have fun in Cherno!   

Edited by Kronons
  • Like 6

@ori42

this isn't your first rodeo on experimental ori.

You know they won't make temporary band-aid type changes that waste time unless they absolutely have to.

I imagine the bullying of the infected will be solved before stable but if it involves implementing the new player controller for a permanent fix we may not see one until then.

Anyway, press respawn and start character #1,439 that will be wiped and you won't remember either. :P

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, ori42 said:

but don`t release it on stable when your zombies push you through the wall section in the 2nd

im pretty frustrated by this too but this is an issue they can't solve right now, and here is why:

Infected's use the new physic system based on bullet physic system (not sure that's the exact name, im to tired right now) and player's are still using the old engine's physic system, and this is what causing this issue. when zombies attack a player they can't recognize the collision on players so they miss the player and that's the reason you get pushed back. 

enough rambling, don't expect this to fix anytime soon. this will get fixed once .62 is in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

im pretty frustrated by this too but this is an issue they can't solve right now, and here is why:

Infected's use the new physic system based on bullet physic system (not sure that's the exact name, im to tired right now) and player's are still using the old engine's physic system, and this is what causing this issue. when zombies attack a player they can't recognize the collision on players so they miss the player and that's the reason you get pushed back. 

enough rambling, don't expect this to fix anytime soon. this will get fixed once .62 is in.

Probably not 0.62 as it has been designated as a full environment update. But more likely post 0.62 will we see the new player controller and beta!

• Like 3