Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136562

Now I realize this is exp, I report my bugs and have loved helping test the game. Yet does anyone else feel concerned about wipes every single update (since they come daily). While I usually only get a few hours daily it does seem to make any "late game" progression a fair bit difficult to achieve, and thus test. 

Just wanted to voice my thoughts!

4 minutes ago, natt127 said:

Now I realize this is exp, I report my bugs and have loved helping test the game. Yet does anyone else feel concerned about wipes every single update (since they come daily). While I usually only get a few hours daily it does seem to make any "late game" progression a fair bit difficult to achieve, and thus test. 

Just wanted to voice my thoughts!

Why would we be concerned about wipes on a testing branch of software? Why is it so hard for everybody to get the point that this is for TESTING, so we can have a better more stable product when it is ready. If you are afraid of losing your gear every night you should be playing on stable, not EXP.

At the end of the night my buddies and I just attack each other, cause we know we are going to lose our gear the next day. I am GLAD we are getting wiped everyday and getting new builds everyday, cause it means the devs are hard at work.

• Like 2

See I am totally up for testing and wipes, that doesnt bug me. Daily wipes do since I want to help and test and report the things I find to help make a better game. While I often play solo and have limited time I find that it may be difficult to test more than coastal life and spawns. Thats my concern.

Wipes every 3 days seem more logical to me, but then again I am not a Dev and never will be. I am not worried more about gear but more about travel of the map etc. 

Running,

LGA 2011-v3 X99

I7 5820K

16GB RAM Quad Channel

GTX 980 4GB

Wait........you keep your gear on stable? 

For gods people, get used to wiping, expect it, embrace it, f12 it!

So I just did a FPS test on a <50 ping, high pop exp server. I ran the coastline of Cherno. My setup is an I7-4790k, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, 16GB of RAM @ 1600, and DayZ installed on a SSD. 

With every option maxed out graphically, I averaged 56.4 FPS with resolution set at 1080p. I have no launch options. The highest was 121 Fps (right when I was coming into the city), and the lowest dip was 36FPS. It only had two or three quick drops into the 30's, and it was while right in the middle of the city. Most of the time it was mid 40's - 60 fps. This was only running a straight line along the coast, and not moving my head towards the city at all. It is a huge improvement compared to where we were performance wise. Server lag/desync seems a lot less, and there is a lot less choppiness. Good job overall :)

EDIT: I am guessing I was using the x32 client, because I haven't quite figured out how to launch the x64 lol. I have just been launching from desktop icon, and I bet that's why. I will re run the test later on x64

Edited by JBURNS489

43 minutes ago, natt127 said:

See I am totally up for testing and wipes, that doesnt bug me. Daily wipes do since I want to help and test and report the things I find to help make a better game. While I often play solo and have limited time I find that it may be difficult to test more than coastal life and spawns. Thats my concern.

Wipes every 3 days seem more logical to me, but then again I am not a Dev and never will be. I am not worried more about gear but more about travel of the map etc. 

hahahaha, in the same sentence of you saying you are not a dev and never will be, you say it makes more sense to do it every 3 days lol. Bro, I know you don't like losing your stuff and your trying to find a way to justify this position. If traveling the map is really your concern you can get basically anywhere on the entire map in 2 hours or less. I play about 2 - 4+ hours every night and can get anywhere I want.

How about we do our part and submit our bugs and let the devs do there part and make this game awesome.

I am not gonna lie, when development was slow when we were on .59 forever, I was one of the people getting upset about the lack of updates. But now that the devs are full steam ahead with development I could not be happier. Also with us having more visibly active development, I am just concerned with this push for Beta. As long as things are being worked on, I don't care if this game takes 3 more years, I would just hate to see things all of a sudden being rushed after so much time passing already.

I am going to see if I can add a signature with my system specs for future reporting purposes.

UPDATE:

I just tried to edit my profile and add a signature, but I am not seeing the option and guessing this forum software does not support that, too bad.

Edited by TWiST

Anyone else notice when your health stats are bugged,also you can not change your gamma. You need to relog to fix it. When i placed a fireplace down i got really bad stuttering, if i go prone and move a little bit it goes away.

Forgot to mention, and let me know if I'm miles behind, but I noticed that wheels are now spawning on vehicle sales. In their correct locations. 

I found a bus tire on the bus axle and a sedan tyre on a police car.

The infected numbers are still not on par with what they were before, if they will not get there by stable i will  just skip .61 till they are heavy on numbers again...

50 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

So I just did a FPS test on a <50 ping, high pop exp server. I ran the coastline of Cherno. My setup is an I7-4790k, MSI 1070 Gaming X 8gb, 16GB of RAM @ 1600, and DayZ installed on a SSD. 

With every option maxed out graphically, I averaged 56.4 FPS with resolution set at 1080p. I have no launch options. The highest was 121 Fps (right when I was coming into the city), and the lowest dip was 36FPS. It only had two or three quick drops into the 30's, and it was while right in the middle of the city. Most of the time it was mid 40's - 60 fps. This was only running a straight line along the coast, and not moving my head towards the city at all. It is a huge improvement compared to where we were performance wise. Server lag/desync seems a lot less, and there is a lot less choppiness. Good job overall :)

EDIT: I am guessing I was using the x32 client, because I haven't quite figured out how to launch the x64 lol. I have just been launching from desktop icon, and I bet that's why. I will re run the test later on x64

Right Click DayZ in steam and click the x64 option. 

Hit the new tents north of Staroye just before the restart, figured I'd lay in my hiding spot and listen until the restart and check again.

The tents spawned new pristine "useful" mil stuff on restart, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Ending with non exp related question : is there a way to undo the bow and arrow pullback animation when aimed? Cant seem to not shoot 

Pressing R works for me.

Had 2 shorter than I would have liked sessions earlier today.

iO8Gm6b.jpg

5oB4yHN.jpg

Ran solo for a little over an hour both times.

Invisible rain on a sunny day made you damp when you spawned in.

Could still spam for rain to fill cooking pot.

ahVSUWB.jpg

Got a Glock up and running but had trouble putting together a primary.

Skimmed the edge of NWA but the sound of nearby cattle slaughter made me wary.

I was having good results using a hoe against infected and upon seeing a herd of cows and a herd of deer nearby I thought it might be fun to try to kill one with the hoe rather than use the Glock.

I got lucky when the cows and deer aggro'd each other along with an infected or 2 and a small deer couldn't hop a fence and I was able to land 3 shots chasing it about to take it down!

DvnNYwi.jpg

Eventually after some derpy navigation I did surface up North (ahhhhh), and landed me a winchester with scope for my 20 rounds of .308 right before RL got in the way.....

Off to see my first UFC up in Albany tomorrow!

Keep the fires stoked for me bro's!

2 hours ago, GH0ST_OP said:

Right Click DayZ in steam and click the x64 option. 

You can also start DayZ normally via steam and a popup will give you the option to use 32 bit or 64 bit as well.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

-snip-

The coordinates are pretty cool IMO. You can quickly check where people have been.

First two around Novy Sobor, third up above Grishino, fourth near Polesovo. I think.

Edited by -Gews-
  • Like 1

Played some Brian's Lonely Looter tonight on the 'mental branch.  Pretty smooth overall except:

• US NE 0-3 seemed to chunk up for about 5 minutes before the 6PM Central scheduled restart.  I kept getting mini-rubber-banded with every step I took which effectively cut my speed in half.  Seemed like a server performance issue but maybe my character was glitched in some way.  Fine after restart.
  • Zombies seem to be sneaking in more animation-less hits during melee battles.  I'll be landing blow after blow keeping them staggered and I still take damage from invisible hits.
  • I went into about half of the buildings in Dolina and saw 5 Sporters.  I could suggest that this may be an issue with the loot economy but then someone will point out that the .22 is a common weapon and hey maybe Dolinians in particular prefer that weapon.  You're right man where is my imagination.

Had fun.  No gunfights.  Watched some streamers have gunfights today and saw a lot of trade kills reminiscent of 0.60 but then again I've never seen a streamer that didn't die to desync.  Hey streamer dude stop clogging up your pipe with 4.5 megabits of streaming video and maybe you'll have a better experience.  Just kidding I love streamers.  Good people.  Humble people.  The best people.  The best.

Edited by plasteek
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, baggypantz said:

Anyone else notice when your health stats are bugged,also you can not change your gamma. You need to relog to fix it. When i placed a fireplace down i got really bad stuttering, if i go prone and move a little bit it goes away.

Changing gamma since .60 to this build.

Try alt tabbing game couple times works always for me.

I understand that the wipes are probably necessary for testing the patches but it does seem to get in the way of testing "more in depth". In the past few days I was never once able to reach the Northern part of the map simply because I had limited time per session and would respawn every next time I play. So I basically get to test getting some basic clothing and weapons and making fire in different ways but that is about it. Not complaining because I like looting, especially when being a fresh spawn.

I`m guarding military loots so no bandits can get grade A military equipment, but I admit there are always some who go unnoticed. ^

20161209153116_1.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 4

Guys, I don't think they're necessarily trying to test whether picking up an M4 or wearing all high end camo crashes the servers.  They like it when we find bugs of course, but I think really they just need us to full up the server and then run around doing stuff.  I doubt we're gonna find a specific bug related to double carrying AKMs with drum mags.

ETA:  But I could be wrong.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

i visited new tisy mil base this morning, i like it, it feels totally different than most other military bases because of it's "lost in the forest" situation. i ran into a dense pack of wolves near the industrial complexe between the tents and the shooting range, they can be trapped easily into thoses buildings, i didn't even shot a single round. i came back later after clearing the area to aggro some Z and throw them at the wolves, that was epic !

during my two tisy runs, i noticed that high end gear seems to be assignated to specific location in tisy, one tent reliably spawn double stanag mags, some never spawn anything, the yellowish barrack near the shooting range always spawn SVD mags. i've not seen any rifle in the area however, i don't know if it's just bad luck, tisy being still WIP or if it's like that on pupose

17 hours ago, ori42 said:

Is still too low - I`ve sometimes 35 fps on a high end pc in cities.

This is correct on high end video cards even dated in the 700 series. 35 to 45 tops and that's pushing low to normal graphics.

-CPU is geared towards arma 3 best results cpu list i saw on arma 3 forums.

I cant push much more then this, with Intel i7 3770k series. w/ gtx 780ti sc series from evga Which will pump more then the titan v1

CPU_03.png

We are no where near optimized yet, so if we push 10 more fps out of it good luck. Arma 3 does the exact same things.

15 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Hit the new tents north of Staroye just before the restart, figured I'd lay in my hiding spot and listen until the restart and check again.

The tents spawned new pristine "useful" mil stuff on restart, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

What time do servers restart?