Sign in to follow this  
sneakydude

Maybe subcontract Dean Hall?

http://www.pcgamer.com/dayz-creator-on-vr-without-subsidisation-there-is-no-way-certain-studios-can-break-even-let-alone-make-a-profit/?ns_campaign=article-feed&ns_mchannel=ref&ns_source=steam&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0

This article came up on dayz, steam. Why it relates to dayz i am not sure, but i totally agree with Dean Hall, and the way the world is making money these days. I know he referred to his VR game, but it is not just his game but everything. It is rather tough to develop or create something and break even years after years of hard work, and service. But it is the new reality, so with that being said.

I see a future for his company, with BI as a subcontractor to make VR games or finish development on the dayz parts. Helping progress it, now and after or even a new title.

VR in the future might do very well to games like dayz, while it holds survival and pvp it should be very interesting to see if VR will find it's place in history.

Sales most likely would double, after announcing VR support.

Different engines, and different techs but dean hall is well aware of both.

Thoughts?

Art and capitalism make bad partners.  He doesn't seem like a capitalist to me. Hope he does well. 

The he other stuff you said, I dont think there's any chance of that.

Edited by Coheed_IV

On 12/8/2016 at 2:52 PM, Coheed_IV said:

Art and capitalism make bad partners.  He doesn't seem like a capitalist to me. Hope he does well. 

The he other stuff you said, I dont think there's any chance of that.

Hes doing amazing all right http://www.pcgamer.com/dean-hall-and-improbable-have-abandoned-work-on-organ-simulating-space-game-ion/ lol

On 3/10/2017 at 2:22 AM, Deathlove said:

Could be many issues, we do not know about. You and I both may have made the same decisions based on partnerships and how much it would cost or make in the end.

Sometimes ideas never get off the ground, just in this industry Hype seems to be a fluent problem. Especially when it comes to getting something off the ground fast.