Sign in to follow this  
DeftNine

Havent seen a soul!

I've been on same character for 5 days on full servers and haven't heard or seen a soul! I even sit and watch over military and still don't see anybody. No gun shots nothing. Kinda creepy

40 minutes ago, DeftNine said:

I've been on same character for 5 days on full servers and haven't heard or seen a soul! I even sit and watch over military and still don't see anybody. No gun shots nothing. Kinda creepy

Its a good or a bad thing depending on how you want to play.. Having the player to player interaction being rare ( usually a shoot out) makes it a lot more of a holy crap moment rather than a BF/CoD/insert shooter name here style of kill die respawn kill die play style...

Not seeing someone in 5 days is pretty strange though....

Edited by soulfirez

The new spawn points, FOBs and tent redistribution has thrown a monkeywrench into most people's go-to looting routes that haven't changed all that much in months/years (depending on how you usually play).

I've seen very few players as well, but I am seeing an increase in certain spots as people adapt.

People will adjust, and new routes and hotspots will emerge in the coming weeks, but the 'main destinations' are still along an imaginary line going through Stary/Vybor/NWAF/Novya Petrovka/Tisy. Tisy seems to have significantly more action with the new tents and loot opportunities, but from what I've seen, most people aren't staying in Tisy very long right now (as most people still need to get to know the most likely places to watch out for an ambush/sniper to attack from, so many people are very paranoid about hanging around there right now for any length of time).

Also, the areas of Staroye & Gorka are seeing a lot more frequent traffic it seems - the people I've been seeing have been a varied mix of the well-geared and the barely geared.

The new camps and spawns change things up a lot, so abandon your old tried and tested routes, and expect to start running into more people moving between those locations listed above more than at the locations themselves.

Same character for 5 days?  You must surely be talking about stable branch.  Has the map update also affected .60 servers?

If it is stable, i imagine that the only people who are still playing are relatively new, but proficient hoarder types, who mostly do their own thing and like to stay out of sight.

I'm 80 hours into the game and I play on private servers that are usually full.  I've stopped going to NWAF as I have died the 3/4 times I've attempted to go there!  It's been populated every single time.  

Yes it's stable. Update on it. Still haven't seen a player but I did see some zombie agro in Zelenegorsk last night. First sign of life ever on this character. I've been to literally every city or town on the map now and hung around for a little while each place to see if I could see anybody. Like I said just some agro. Half tempted to hit f11 and try this all over again.

Switch to Experimental if you want to experience meeting other players multiple times an hour.

Otherwise, Stable is very dry as the Experimental .61 Update is very popular. - On Stable, if you want to meet others, go hang out in Northwest Airfield. . But they'll probably try to kill you. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Espa said:

Switch to Experimental if you want to experience meeting other players multiple times an hour.

Otherwise, Stable is very dry as the Experimental .61 Update is very popular. - On Stable, if you want to meet others, go hang out in Northwest Airfield. . But they'll probably try to kill you. 

I ain't gonna lie on Experimental, I may have seen 9 players(3 being dead/unconscious) that I am aware of on my guys 10 hour life.

First encounter, 3 players on a road somewhere on the eastern side of the map near the beach. All are fresh spawns. Apparently, one knocked a guy out, and the other guy killed him and was trying to do cpr on his buddy. I helped with the CPR until his buddy decided to respawn.

Second encounter, I stopped to get a drink at a water fountain, and he sneaked up on me and shot me.

Third encounter, a player who was already dead. I took his shirt and turned it into rags to make a rope.

Fourth encounter, a group of (luckily) 3 friendly players looting a town I happened to be in. They told me the told was inhabited by gay men. I told them okay and moved on.

Fifth encounter, a guy at the mouth of a hospital asking if I just came from a military spawn. I told him I had, and there wasn't anything there. Because, well other than two AK parts and a hat I let there, it was picked clean.

Additional Content.

I would also like to point out, I tend to try to avoid players. I like to sneak and observe from afar.

Edited by Declivever
See Additional Content

9 players isn't bad really, Then again what would you consider a normal amount of folks to run into in 10 hours? And like you say about using stealth you may also have folks that see you and are hidden and don't engage. 

• Like 1

9 players isn't bad really, Then again what would you consider a normal amount of folks to run into in 10 hours? And like you say about using stealth you may also have folks that see you and are hidden and don't engage. 

On 12/12/2016 at 1:36 PM, Declivever said:

I would also like to point out, I tend to try to avoid players. I like to sneak and observe from afar.

I've been doing that far too much in the past year, and I think I've become 'too good' at avoiding people and only engaging when I am deliberately looking for a fight or a possible friend, but I am trying to change that. I had my go-to low-traffic places I could go when I was in the mood to be a hermit, and when I felt like exchanging words or bullets with others, I'd go to the regular high-traffic areas.

This new spawn and tent configuration has changed everything about that for me. It seems like almost everywhere could suddenly become a high-traffic area now for a few minutes at least. There are no more 'fairly safe spots' for me now, nor is there be a 'somewhat safe' route to them if there were any. I am constantly on guard and watching my back (in 1pp, doing that all the time really wears you out). Just getting geared up and going halfway across the map is surprisingly more stressful as a lone wolf, and actually tires me out IRL after a few hours.

And you know what? I dig it.

Thank you devs, for forcing me out of my comfort zone, and removing the idea that there is anywhere on the map I can truly relax. "The fear" is back in a way I was not expecting. 

On 12/8/2016 at 1:40 AM, DeftNine said:

Probably because 4000 players on experimental trying to get it to stable. Posting bugs, and errors.