Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136541

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Im very displeased with it as well, but the team needs to do it to test things - and that is what exp is for.

So its only temporary?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I heard a guys footsteps outside a checkpoint today and just said 

The footstep sounds are so faint that I can't even hear them if I'm breathing heavy - unless they're on a wooden floor.  Got shot twice recently because I never heard anyone coming.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Just like the OP says - expect wipes with every update moving forward.

Im very displeased with it as well, but the team needs to do it to test things - and that is what exp is for.

So will they be back in numbers for stable release? I was sooo impressed when I first played .61 and the zombie numbers as the they are a big part of the game for me. 

• Like 1

Any news on supersonic bullet crack sounds? I really hope they are comming back before 0.61 hits stable.

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Just like the OP says - expect wipes with every update moving forward.

But will you guys increase the numbers in .61 again or it is something to future patches?

Why hasn't the status report been posted yet?

It's in Steam but not here on the Forums.

I believe it is because our community manager is sick.

27 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

• Like 1

I've always enjoyed playing and would like to help but I can't seem to find a page with a list of already reported problems. I noticed issues with

-stacked item count being incorrect or 0

-item condition not labeled properly

-silenced scorpion doesn't sound silenced to any player (zombies do not react)

-certain keys when pressed at the same time crash the game

Not trying to be a bother but I don't want to report issues that are already being addressed. Thank you, cheers.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

I know of this page but I don't see where to search for already reported problems. I should say a organized list of reported problems. I see the scrolling area below but was looking for a more condensed page. If not no biggie just looking.

Edited by Hundo Helix

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

I threw up an interim thread here:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hundo Helix said:

I've always enjoyed playing and would like to help but I can't seem to find a page with a list of already reported problems. I noticed issues with ammo count, item condition not labeled properly and certain keys when pressed at the same time crash the game. Not trying to be a bother but I don't want to report issues that are already being addressed. Thank you, cheers.

Welcome Hundo,

Officially you should report bugs on the DayZ feedback tracker at this link:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

I believe your login from here should also work over there.  They have a search function so you can see if something's already been reported.   There's no harm in posting an already known bug on the tracker, worst-case-scenario they'll just respond with a "the issue is already known and is scheduled for a fix".   It might seem redundant but ii's better to report a bug that's known than assume it's known and let it go unreported.

You can also do what others do and just ask in the appropriate Stable/Experimental thread on the forums here and simply ask "Hey has anyone else seen this?"   You'll usually get a response whether it's known or not - and if nobody's seen it they'll probably direct you to the tracker.  In the Experimental thread here, always read the OP on page 1, that'll give you an idea of what's going on this patch, what they devs are monitoring and adjusting.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

The footstep sounds are so faint that I can't even hear them if I'm breathing heavy - unless they're on a wooden floor.  Got shot twice recently because I never heard anyone coming.

I hooked up an old surround sound with an adjustable subwoofer (maxed the sub), I can even hear an infected walking in the grass out to almost fifty feet.

I don't know what decent headphones work like but the new footstep sounds have a low frequency thud/slap sound that can be picked up way farther than the rest of the sound through a separate woofer. 

• Like 2

I had wolves chasing me, spawned out in a tree stand. When I logged back in later, I was dead.

Last night I ran into a group fighting in Berezino with multiple zombies around. It got pretty choppy with around 6 players and probably 4 zombies. I was in melee with a couple people and knocked out a couple times. After I was eventually killed I spawned and my characters was being pushed around by invisible, I had to log out of the server and log back in to fix it. I figured it was a Jedi using the force but thought I would report it anyway.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wili said:

All Exp. Servers are down right?

Lol, not according to the front page news.

https://dayz.com/

DayZ Development ‏@dayzdevteam 26m26 minutes ago

Exp/Unstable branch servers going offline in 5 minutes for a small BattlEye update

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Masprotech said:

Im having an issue with the 64 client being laggy in the menu and my fps dropping to only a fraction of what it is in 32bit.. Another thing I have noticed is the light from say a lantern only shows up for me at certain weird angles.. Ill take a pic and post asap

Does this warrant a bug report?

Yes but post your Hardware, and internet specs. It can also be a heat issue. Don't go lightly on information, so they know your test rig.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

I had wolves chasing me, spawned out in a tree stand. When I logged back in later, I was dead.

Last night I ran into a group fighting in Berezino with multiple zombies around. It got pretty choppy with around 6 players and probably 4 zombies. I was in melee with a couple people and knocked out a couple times. After I was eventually killed I spawned and my characters was being pushed around by invisible, I had to log out of the server and log back in to fix it. I figured it was a Jedi using the force but thought I would report it anyway.

10 bucks when you stood, or sat, you fell through the floor, or was pushed out of the stand.

They ripped you to shreds.........

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Woopie said:

DayZ Development ‏@dayzdevteam 26m26 minutes ago

Exp/Unstable branch servers going offline in 5 minutes for a small BattlEye update

Scumbag dayzdevteam, that nice blurb in the SR about how this should be the goto place for DayZ information, posts news in twitter. 

• Like 1

Receiving a "Bad version or server rejected connection" after reboot for BE update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Receiving a "Bad version or server rejected connection" after reboot for BE update.

Me too.

11 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

9 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Me too.

Perhaps the servers haven't been updated yet.