Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136541

Whats up with the character reset? i have started a new character 6-7 times last few days just to start over everytime, i had full gear just 8 hours ago and now its all reset again

4 minutes ago, eHolmberg said:

Whats up with the character reset? i have started a new character 6-7 times last few days just to start over everytime, i had full gear just 8 hours ago and now its all reset again

This is EXP.

They can and will do a wipe anytime they need to for their testing purposes.

You are allowed to have fun "playing" experimental but it's not mandatory.

• Like 3

Character desync is bad, melee, axes running around trying to hit each other on this x64 build.

id 1503931

posted in dev forums.

It was raining and stopped, I was cold so I made a fire for warming up and cook some meat until I was hot, when I finished it started raining again, I was 1 km away from NW aiport, when I arrived I was already dying from hypothermia, not 10 mins had passed, I looted for a bit and then I ran in a hurry just outside the airport walls for making a fire, while I was doing it I died. I think this should take longer, I was well equipped highly hydrated and energized, it took just 10/15 mins from being hot to dying of cold, in days where it rains a lot it is tedious needing to make a fire each 10 mins of gameplay.

Edited by Wili
  • Like 1

My afternoon and evening was divided between looting with Gary and looting with the Dutch foreign legion (IMT and Woopie).

My travels included Kamensk, Tisy, and Myshkino.

Infected aggro seemed to be working well from a stealth perspective.

I saw instances of most major bugs outlined in the OP but nothing else that stood out as new.

When we were about to loot one of the new roadblocks we heard wolves but after we ducked into a gas station they seemed to go away.

Just a couple of shots from running with the Dutch foreign legion....

9QtOhdf.jpg

rWgqwsq.jpg

One strange thing was when we were leaving Myshkino tents I decided to kill a couple infected on the periphery and this drew many infected from inside the tent area that I would have sworn were not there the whole time we looted.

Like shooting had triggered infected respawn perhaps?

Not sure....

• Like 5

Im disappointed you lowered the zombie spawn numbers in this latest patch, any hope they will be back in numbers soon?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, eHolmberg said:

It is not what experimental is for, staying up without wipes so you can enjoy all the best loot for ages.  Look on the bright side, and consider it good practice for gearing up quickly once it hits stable.

And yes, I get frustrated by the wipes too.  Last week I ran all the way up to Tisy to get a defibrillator to test something, only to log in on the coast again the next day.

Testing question:  Is anyone else still having issues with items not appearing for other players?  I was looting with a friend last night, and picked him up a pair of hunter pants, but he couldn't see them until after he logged.  For science, I also put a glowstick in the pants we used as a transfer container, and he could see the glowstick, but not the pants.
He was right near me when I got the glowstick, but I don't think he ever had his network bubble overlap with the deerstand from which I collected those pants.       Anyone have any help confirming this theory of invisible items being dependent on being picked up outside the second player's network bubble?

• Like 3

Has anybody had any issues with some gunshots not being heard? I shot at a guy in a barn in Staroye and he didn't look where I shot from, only crouched and looked out the window as if I was sniping from the hill. I heard their shots before I entered town. I'm wondering if it could be tied to character's gear/loot showing up incorrectly for other players like maybe in his game I didn't have a gun in my hand?

12 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

Has anybody had any issues with some gunshots not being heard? I shot at a guy in a barn in Staroye and he didn't look where I shot from, only crouched and looked out the window as if I was sniping from the hill. I heard their shots before I entered town. I'm wondering if it could be tied to character's gear/loot showing up incorrectly for other players like maybe in his game I didn't have a gun in my hand?

That is a theory I have heard before, yes.

It's basically "gear desynch" I believe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Did they add a ping kick?

I'm getting a generic "you were kicked" on a lot of the servers I'm used to playing on yet I could stay connected the one with the best ping.

Biohaze and I were on AUS 1PP earlier and saw that you got kicked at least twice.  I've seen signature timeouts before but never a kick.  Seems like ping kicks might be a thing now.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
it could have been the SNG 1PP too...
  • Like 1

Im having an issue with the 64 client being laggy in the menu and my fps dropping to only a fraction of what it is in 32bit.. Another thing I have noticed is the light from say a lantern only shows up for me at certain weird angles.. Ill take a pic and post asap

Does this warrant a bug report?

Edited by Masprotech

56 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Biohaze and I were on AUS 1PP earlier and saw that you got kicked at least twice.  I've seen signature timeouts before but never a kick.  Seems like ping kicks might be a thing now.

It turns out it is just 1pp servers for some reason.

Played a bit on 3pp, x64 client has much less delay with textures and LOD on everything except chainlink fences. 

I got shot in the face on Skalatisy again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

I got shot in the face on Skalatisy again.

Set a few beartraps right on the spawn point, that'll fix em.

• Like 2

I ran into lots of people and everyone was either polite or they just shoo'd me away. I heard something in the distance and ran towards it and heard if getting closer and it sounded like a moose and finally found me way by listening to the sound to the herd of deer. Smooth play, zombies are hard to hear and popped around the corner right on top of me several times.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, gekker said:

I played a while on an US CentralEast server with a ping of 150-200. Gameplay was mostly responsive. Got into a firefight once which went smooth.

But the "Receiving..." message takes a while when I rightclick items. Especially because of magazines I will try to avoid playing on high ping servers.

Initally doors take a while to open/close as well. First it takes a while for the door state symbol to show up on my crosshair. But what is odd is: it takes so long for the door to start opening graphically, the server allowes me to run through them while they are still closed! Once I interacted with a door, interacting with the same door again is much more responsive.

The crash I reported from the previous interation still seems to be there. Fingers crossed this gets fixed soon.

Maybe it's a bit on your end as well then because I played on servers with more than 250 ping for and the responsiveness of the hotbar, right clicking items, etc. is just excellent! I might get "Receiving" for 1 second, maybe even less.

8 hours ago, Fing said:

Well this is the best build so far for me for deysinc.  Hardly had any. And nice to see you on SNG 1pp Bio.  Do you go on it much?

Not only Bio is on there, I believe the entire Experimental crew, ghehe. Seems like a lot of you guys are on there, will try to avoid KoS then, even in military locations. If you want to meet up you can always drop in TS. :)

8 hours ago, Woopie said:

Seen you disconnect 3 times at SNG 02 ;)

I just tested the range finder and it works again, but you get same strange values when you look into the air, looool.

It seems that you get hungry or starving very fast, and after eating a shitload of food U will get back to starving in no time. Hardly got energized from 4 deer steaks while I just got the hungry status.

Maybe you might report it to the feedback tracker because we found it strange as well. You ate yourself to light green energized and so did I and you were already hungry from running to Sinistok to the military checkpoint in the west of Sinistok and Vavilo. Still, I was light green when you were hungry already. Now I know we were joking about it but maybe your character's gender or even color might have to do something with it, perhaps a bug?

8 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I saw you get kicked from the server a couple of times, without further messages, just "Server : BCBasher got kicked.".

I would be sad if that was the case, as ping never really affected me on a performance level. 

Perhaps one of the developers claimed Skalisty and they are getting rid of anyother inhabitants by this way, ghehe.

7 hours ago, hemtek said:

Hello ! I will share my experience with this build !

I played on UK 0 4 ! I love 1st person !

no desync server perform great !

I saw a guy not moving but bleeding I bandage him but when he got out of AFK he attacked me, the melee fight was great with no desync... no TP... smooth movement ! really really great !

Food are super scarce which is good !! I had to hunt some deer with my shotgun but didn't suceed ! looks like deer flee more easily ! at night it was even more hard !

I think apples are an too easy way to fight hunger ! but if you delete them now a lot of people gonna cry for sure !

In the yesterday build I was dying of hypothermia and hunger but manage to survive ! it's was really harsh ! I love it ! It was really rewarding to survive !

The game is going to the right direction ! keep up the good works !

Thank You !

Wow, hypothermia AND hunger, haven't had those two combined. That's definitely harder than cholera, you have my respect. Good job on surviving it!

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

My afternoon and evening was divided between looting with Gary and looting with the Dutch foreign legion (IMT and Woopie).

My travels included Kamensk, Tisy, and Myshkino.

Infected aggro seemed to be working well from a stealth perspective.

I saw instances of most major bugs outlined in the OP but nothing else that stood out as new.

When we were about to loot one of the new roadblocks we heard wolves but after we ducked into a gas station they seemed to go away.

Just a couple of shots from running with the Dutch foreign legion....

One strange thing was when we were leaving Myshkino tents I decided to kill a couple infected on the periphery and this drew many infected from inside the tent area that I would have sworn were not there the whole time we looted.

Like shooting had triggered infected respawn perhaps?

Not sure....

I didn't check the south side of Myshkino but I have a feeling they came a bit from down the hill to the south, maybe someone drawed them there in a firefight before we came.

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

It is not what experimental is for, staying up without wipes so you can enjoy all the best loot for ages.  Look on the bright side, and consider it good practice for gearing up quickly once it hits stable.

And yes, I get frustrated by the wipes too.  Last week I ran all the way up to Tisy to get a defibrillator to test something, only to log in on the coast again the next day.

Testing question:  Is anyone else still having issues with items not appearing for other players?  I was looting with a friend last night, and picked him up a pair of hunter pants, but he couldn't see them until after he logged.  For science, I also put a glowstick in the pants we used as a transfer container, and he could see the glowstick, but not the pants.
He was right near me when I got the glowstick, but I don't think he ever had his network bubble overlap with the deerstand from which I collected those pants.       Anyone have any help confirming this theory of invisible items being dependent on being picked up outside the second player's network bubble?

I have had this issue with BioHaze once, when he was giving me a cooking pot. It didn't show up and I had to relog in order to fix it. It was an older build though but definitely still in there I guess.

3 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

I know that Gary didn't hear my gunshots on the build of saturday. He also couldn't see the winchester in my hands I believe and I shot from 300 meters. At least I think it was 300 meters because the shot was a clean headshot on an infected.

• Like 5

Well I was starving but fully hydrated and ate a can of beans and a soda and found a shovel and zucchini seeds and it started to rain. I made a plot and filled all 9 spots with seeds and by the time I finished I died of cold, fully dressed with marine clothes I found at a chopper site. Went from fine to it's raining and dead in 6 minutes.

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Set a few beartraps right on the spawn point, that'll fix em.

I was actually carrying one when I heard him up in the lighthouse, I said hello from down below and he replied "haroo?" about three times, figured that was the only English he knew so I went and tried to hide and have a fire.

That's now the second time I've chosen not bear trap someone in the same lighthouse, starting to think this nice guy shit is a learning disability.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That's now the second time I've chosen not bear trap someone in the same lighthouse, starting to think this nice guy shit is a learning disability.

No talking or any kind of bullshit is either instant pew pew or run away for me.

I'm neutral for about 3 seconds if you don't talk.

If you make any kind of sketchy moves or I think you are bullshitting me when you do talk, honeymoon's over.

If I try to leave and you follow me and continue to follow me even after I tell you to leave multiple times, I will likely attack you.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
TL;DR Bear trap first, ask questions later.
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

No talking or any kind of bullshit is either instant pew pew or run away for me.

If you make any kind of sketchy moves or I think you are bullshitting me when you do talk, honeymoon's over.

If I try to leave and you follow me and continue to follow me even after I tell you to leave multiple times, I will likely attack you.

When I end up in a situation where I start to talk I always ask them to talk or at least communicate if they don't then their automatically hostile to me. Of course I'm not going to ask a person to speak or type when they point a gun at me. I'll either point it back or run away and try to drop 'em when I have the chance.

Of course when they talk it most likely will end in the awkward silent situation where one of the persons eventually says "well, I'm going to continue now". That little bit of silence is so frikkin' awkward.

14 hours ago, Coheed_IV said:

Trees and bushes don't fall, is this bug or intended?

Also, last night (other build) there was no clopity clack sound with weapon, have we heard the last of it!?

Known!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

19 minutes ago, IMT said:

When I end up in a situation where I start to talk I always ask them to talk or at least communicate if they don't then their automatically hostile to me. Of course I'm not going to ask a person to speak or type when they point a gun at me. I'll either point it back or run away and try to drop 'em when I have the chance.

Of course when they talk it most likely will end in the awkward silent situation where one of the persons eventually says "well, I'm going to continue now". That little bit of silence is so frikkin' awkward.

As silly as this sound I usually play on Asian servers for a lower population and always give the benefit of the doubt in regards to possible language barriers as I'm the foreigner in this situation. I do really enjoy when it works, I heard a guys footsteps outside a checkpoint today and just said "hello, I can hear you" did the wave gesture and started scanning he said something back that was not even close to English but the tone was "Wow, thanks for not shooting me" as I saw him gun out but not raised. I backed away one hand raised he turned and ran the other way. That's something you can't even do in other games and I wonder why there's this huge mentality to turn this into a red vs blue shooter when you have so many other choices.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, eHolmberg said:

Just like the OP says - expect wipes with every update moving forward.

7 hours ago, kumando said:

Im disappointed you lowered the zombie spawn numbers in this latest patch, any hope they will be back in numbers soon?

Im very displeased with it as well, but the team needs to do it to test things - and that is what exp is for.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

As silly as this sound I usually play on Asian servers for a lower population and always give the benefit of the doubt in regards to possible language barriers as I'm the foreigner in this situation. I do really enjoy when it works, I heard a guys footsteps outside a checkpoint today and just said "hello, I can hear you" did the wave gesture and started scanning he said something back that was not even close to English but the tone was "Wow, thanks for not shooting me" as I saw him gun out but not raised. I backed away one hand raised he turned and ran the other way. That's something you can't even do in other games and I wonder why there's this huge mentality to turn this into a red vs blue shooter when you have so many other choices.   

If you speak to someone it is common decency to speak back or at least type back. Even if they don't know English (that well), you acknowledged the other person probably make him feel a bit more conformtable.

- When i killed the zombie, it desnyc me (i run for like 500m~ and didnt helped). I fixed the desnyc by laying on ground and stand up (only happened in this build).

- When i re-armed my axe, there was desnyc for a sec (only happened in this build).

- Zombie and wolf damage are way to low (promototion of pvp instead survival).

screenshot gallery of 3 bugs.

1st. picture: leaf texture bug. This happened thru several builds.

2nd. Black head appered after 3.5 hours gameplay on x32 version. I fixed the bug by re-loging the complete game.

3rd. Pinky tree textures. When i get close, texture is back to normal texture tree.

x64 feedback:

- Previus build game felt really fast and great in responses. Previus build, frames rates where up 30-50fps++++ and 0 slutering or crashes.

- In this build: x64 is slutering, crashing, fps issues.

My dxdiag for dev's: http://pastebin.com/fV0r0NgV

Edited by madmaxm
more clean update info. for dev.

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Just like the OP says - expect wipes with every update moving forward.

Im very displeased with it as well, but the team needs to do it to test things - and that is what exp is for.

It probably helps the server performance to lower the range of player detection concerning the zombie AI behaviour. There are some players who run nearby a town, but have no plans to get loot, and the zombie spawn in for no reasons. I feel the amount of Zombies is still much better compare to any versions of dayz - so it`s a huge improvement concerning the total amount of zombies on the map. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2