Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136541

A new Exp/Unstable update today, this one is really just focused on:

- Some small bugfixes for the environment/map team
- Potential fix for one of the more common server crashes

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

Edit: Additionally, we will be running two of our dev servers unlocked, with restarts set at every hour. We'd love to have these full as possible, as long as possible - so if you have a good ping to them, please use them!

The Test 5 108.61.159.251:2302
The Test 1 109.70.149.96:2302

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 7

So am I right in saying (after reading the status report) that infected numbers will be reduced? 

Just so I know what im looking out for.  

I got to play for a few hours last night, I had lots of "session lost" as usual on my end.

I noticed no difference between x64 and x32 except for one memory crash using x64.

I was running inland like a madman when I hear those horrible little deer making that "almost puking" sound and my kid beside me playing Skyrim asked what the hell that was. I explained they were little deer who's only defence is to run around on the bottom of ponds and/or make gawd awful sounds almost like a zombie trying to make predators shit their pants. I veered left towards the sound to show him and shortly after saw them running towards me, it took me a minute to register something wasn't right "wait, they're supposed to run away". I ran right for the middle of the herd, had no gun figured I'd run with the deer for a bit at which point I heard a faint bark. It was unexpected and I was quite surprised by the deer running towards me but it looked like the wolves were chasing the deer herd.

So now this is happening I remember I want to garrison in a house or deerstand and see if those damn dogs ever drop agro so I veer right to a house a short distance away, I get close to the house not sure if the wolves are on me or not and the memory crash happens. In a panic totally focused on my wolf research I shut down DayZ and restart it in x32 for whatever reason and log back in to the same server as fast as possible. I rush into the house and sht the door, start looking out the windows but no wolves, can still hear the damn deer though. I guess I wasn't paying attention or delayed statuses and it turns out I'm starving to death so I head out to pick apples in the yard and figure out what to do next. I'm still pretty fresh and lacking much storage space so I pick some apples, eat pick some more for awhile.

I've been getting pretty good at hearing footsteps before the stepper sees me lately, I sit still a lot with the subwoofer cranked. So I'm at my apple tree and I hear some erratic footsteps outside the fence, it's not an infected for sure, sounds kind of like a player shuffling trying to peek. I call out "hello?", "I can hear you?", etc. and get no response so I know I have to move and figure this out or run, I get up and start to look around the fence to see some wolves circling me, not a howl, bark, nothing. Now I'm excited, run to the house and shut myself in while the wolves surround it, I crouch and eat an apple in the back bedroom. The wolves continued to growl and attack the walls whether I was crouched, prone or standing, I held out for about ten minutes before I got "session lost". I logged back in immediately, no wolves, waited a bit and they never came back or respawned.

I went back to x64 on the next "session lost" and played another hour or so no more memory problems, a few more disconnects but that's all my on end probably to do with th recent snow we had

I don't think wolves drop agro and "lock on" to players with a totally different mechanic than infected or the cutoffs for whether they can/can't sense players work much farther than the infected.

I wish I could have got longer waiting in the house.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I got to play for a few hours last night, I had lots of "session lost" as usual on my end.

I noticed no difference between x64 and x32 except for one memory crash using x64.

I was running inland like a madman when I hear those horrible little deer making that "almost puking" sound and my kid beside me playing Skyrim asked what the hell that was. I explained they were little deer who's only defence is to run around on the bottom of ponds and/or make gawd awful sounds almost like a zombie trying to make predators shit their pants. I veered left towards the sound to show him and shortly after saw them running towards me, it took me a minute to register something wasn't right "wait, they're supposed to run away". I ran right for the middle of the herd, had no gun figured I'd run with the deer for a bit at which point I heard a faint bark. It was unexpected and I was quite surprised by the deer running towards me but it looked like the wolves were chasing the deer herd.

So now this is happening I remember I want to garrison in a house or deerstand and see if those damn dogs ever drop agro so I veer right to a house a short distance away, I get close to the house not sure if the wolves are on me or not and the memory crash happens. In a panic totally focused on my wolf research I shut down DayZ and restart it in x32 for whatever reason and log back in to the same server as fast as possible. I rush into the house and sht the door, start looking out the windows but no wolves, can still hear the damn deer though. I guess I wasn't paying attention or delayed statuses and it turns out I'm starving to death so I head out to pick apples in the yard and figure out what to do next. I'm still pretty fresh and lacking much storage space so I pick some apples, eat pick some more for awhile.

I've been getting pretty good at hearing footsteps before the stepper sees me lately, I sit still a lot with the subwoofer cranked. So I'm at my apple tree and I hear some erratic footsteps outside the fence, it's not an infected for sure, sounds kind of like a player shuffling trying to peek. I call out "hello?", "I can hear you?", etc. and get no response so I know I have to move and figure this out or run, I get up and start to look around the fence to see some wolves circling me, not a howl, bark, nothing. Now I'm excited, run to the house and shut myself in while the wolves surround it, I crouch and eat an apple in the back bedroom. The wolves continued to growl and attack the walls whether I was crouched, prone or standing, I held out for about ten minutes before I got "session lost". I logged back in immediately, no wolves, waited a bit and they never came back or respawned.

I went back to x64 on the next "session lost" and played another hour or so no more memory problems, a few more disconnects but that's all my on end probably to do with th recent snow we had

I don't think wolves drop agro and "lock on" to players with a totally different mechanic than infected or the cutoffs for whether they can/can't sense players work much farther than the infected.

build name maybe?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jappegaming said:

build name maybe?

Yesterdays, it's a core mechanic relatively unchanged throughout 61.xx  

Thanks for asking, I ask you now how that bears on your response to my observations? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Yesterdays, it's a core mechanic relatively unchanged throughout 61.xx  

Thanks for asking, I ask you now how that bears on your response to my observations? 

Hicks is uploading new dev builds, we have to watch out for what one we post on.

To me some of it is unchanged too, but i don't know whats changed either.

Here is a small video of that for current build ID 1501247. No updates i saw so current build i believe hicks. Ill record other issues, relevant to this thread build id.

7minutes should be completed.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Hicks is uploading new dev builds, we have to watch out for what one we post on.

^snip*

I get that but they're immediately closing the thread on the previous.

I get why too, the same people who can't read all of the 200 page ones we used to have can't be bothered to read the 20 ten page ones and ask the same repetitive questions anyway. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I get that but they're immediately closing the thread on the previous.

I get why too, the same people who can't read all of the 200 page ones we used to have can't be bothered to read the 20 ten page ones and ask the same repetitive questions anyway. 

Hehe got the video in before it gets closed :) btw hope weather is good in bc... i heard -18?

On another note, i don't know if performance has been increased or reduced yet. I did however have one major issue, lite fire, tried to pull out items like pots etc... started to fail, but no error memory reference errors at the end either.

It could have been around the time, the servers got uploaded? not sure.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Hehe got the video in before it gets closed :) btw hope weather is good in bc... i heard -18?

*snip*

BC is a almost as big as Texas and I live in the nice part

-1c and our first "significant" snow in 3 years, 4 inches.

Got some errands this morning but am prepared to check the hell out of AI changes this afternoon.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TWiST said:

Still only seeing 136505 on steam at the moment.

dump that build, and re download it. it is there, something is blocking it from updating then.

• Like 2

So far 64 bit has been a dream for me, no drops/crashes and no memory errors when closing the client. Hopefully I can do some more testing this evening :-)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

dump that build, and re download it. it is there, something is blocking it from updating then.

Thanks for the tip, strange I have never had an issue with exp updating over the years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TWiST said:

Thanks for the tip, strange I have never had an issue with exp updating over the years.

NP new updates, plus the x64 is out. Now the current build today is this

I had to dump dayz just now to get it again, it was not updating.

Watch those build ID's guys or your testing results will be old.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I think you're confused with something because multiple people have no new build yet.

7 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Please use the version number from in-game instead of the build number of Steam. The build number may change while the in-game version stays the same. They are not the same thing and you are confusing people, including me!

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

That's what version mine says but it says it hasn't downloaded since last evening when I played after work.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That's what version mine says but it says it hasn't downloaded since last evening when I played after work.

Sometimes mine would stay prior builds, but wouldn't update. I have to once in awhile dump the build to refresh it. Not sure why. It is in response mostly to stuck on older builds.

12 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

• Like 1

I was gonna post that I'm not seeing it either but it just popped up on steamdb and we've got 255.2 MB incoming

edit:  and I'm on the coast so it looks like there was a wipe. not unexpected.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 2

Today's new Exp build is 136541, and the thread title seems to have been updated to reflect that. That's the end of that discussion ;)

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I was gonna post that I'm not seeing it either but it just popped up on steamdb and we've got 255.2 MB incoming

edit:  and I'm on the coast so it looks like there was a wipe. not unexpected.

correct, its refreshing to the new 255.2 patch.

• Like 3

Trees and bushes don't fall, is this bug or intended?

Also, last night (other build) there was no clopity clack sound with weapon, have we heard the last of it!?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Other than the issues (as to be expected on experiemental, unfortunately) that sounded like a really cool play session you had there, bud.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TikTactical said:

Other than the issues (as to be expected on experiemental, unfortunately) that sounded like a really cool play session you had there, bud.

Bugs aside I find this game so easy to "get lost" in and has provided me more enjoyment and memorable situations than anything I've played in the last 30 years in it's unfinished state.

I'm fairly confident, more so lately that I'm going to get the exact product I paid my early access dollars for.

• Like 4

Well do not take suicide due to north spawn guys - and me after 5 minutes of experimental my character! :)

20161207184314_1.jpg

• Like 1