Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136505

Edit: Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

Another Exp/Unstable update today, for this one we're focused on:

- Server Crash(es)
- Naked Players
- x64 Client Test

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 10

Mr. Hicks, thank you sir for another update. Can i ask you, the x64 client test will this mean we will be able to use more then 4gb of memory?

Just asking now, so i know what to look for.

again thank you, and the Devs... keep it up guys..

and this is getting freaky, i am almost finishing your words 2 minutes earlier.

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

The infected are a major problem for the devs atm. They are destabilizing the fight. Meaning that when you attack, they drive right into you, and continue to do so until your hit.

Not including the infected, push but the actual slap-hit they do, keeps causing the hit collision to bounce off of you and slide to the right or left.

The way it is suppose to be intended is, collision detection you hit, they hit but are unable to float through you or around you. If you dodge or parry a blow, it only should cancel out their attacks.

Right now when the fight happens, they slide right off of you and keep hitting with massive blows that you never saw. The speed is insane.

Honestly guys? we need to stop right here, and allow the devs to complete the character animation, controller asap. Once that is finished we may have less issues in that department.

So right now, as we are set back two dev builds, unless updated again. We have the infected pushing you into walls, or through. You can move right to left in hopes you can keep punching while they take the blow, moving after each hit to avoid that push. However it is very critical they repair the character animation, and maybe port some of those features to the infected. We need that character controller fixed asap, as it may solve many of the key problems faced with infected and character UI delays, animations, and full controller abilities.

Most people say, the collision detection engine is one of the most important things in any MMO, Sandbox if not the most important feature. If it involves replacing the character controller prior, i say lets let them.

We really need people to back the fuck off in Exp build threads, and let these devs complete the task, things would go along much smoother if we could be asked to test key features for them. However with the fight since the beginning we are no longer asked, or told what to do, but just placed some info. I am happy Brian Hicks is posting information for us "real" testers to post on.

What can happen is very destabilizing to the code, when a push, happens like this pushing you through the environment before everything has been coded to handle the collision pathing etc... it can cause map glitches, unresponsive loops etc.. all kinds of horrible things for coders to deal with. When we had this issue with MMO's we had to beg the devs to stop the collision push by melee against a MOB into the walls. It would cause all kinds of issues, no HP loss, no rewards, everything and anything could be canceled out. The push was removed, and it was much easier to control the fight.

This alone you could spend a year at developing a perfect engine.

Thanks all

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 3

Character picture not ported to the main screen again, until after first spawn, log off shows the character.

-apple, water spam still available. High FPS still with the current build.

Do not run X64 from the dayz folder. It will result in, "could not find steam error"

It was linked directly in steam, games for it to work.

Go To:

Steam > Library > Right click on Dayz Experimental > Play Dayz x64 bit version.

Otherwise if you hit play, or desktop shortcut it will run in x32 bit mode only.

Both run rather nicely, no crashing on a working system.

Edited by sneakydude

ok pop up the trees and bushes in 64 bits is much less !!
great, now I can go back to having camps!
the texture of the buildings are displayed correctly.
grnde job @Hicks_206 (DayZ) !!
the overall performance appear to be increased

Edited by Diablo2.0

Hello !

I test it in Uk 0 4 (first person) I played 2 hours and 15 minutes no crash ! 

I saw 2 or 3 people they were not naked ! nice !

server performance is really great ( throwing item, punching on tree works great !)

ain't see any animal ! it looks like infected footstep are too much quiet !

Best 0.61 build for me !

• Like 4

I don't know about you guys, but imo the server performance is improved a lot in this particular build. Also, no desync at all during at least 1 and ½ hours of playing (on a full server ofcourse).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimbo_swe said:

I don't know about you guys, but imo the server performance is improved a lot in this particular build. Also, no desync at all during at least 1 and ½ hours of playing (on a full server ofcourse).

Are you sure your playing the x64 or the x32 bit versions? ran nice on x32 bit

Is the servers crashing because i keep getting connection lost while in Que with x64 client.

just checking before i submitting it ,

• Like 1

x64's server browser is not working for me unfortunately.

Was able to play a few hours on the normal client without crash. Experienced a game crash in the server browser though.

Server performance seems nice. My game keeps crashing at the new Kamenka military camp though. Will try again when there is less server traffic.

I had a bug with a door state where a zombie that had aggro on me didnt come into the building while the door was open. But started to move through the door once I closed it.

Additionally I was unable to fill up my PET bottle at a well.

• Like 1

No crashing here, i unloaded the exp, then reloaded it. I also forgot i turned off steam overlays. I logged off no memory errors.

Low graphics bugs work well turning it all the way up now to test the full x64 client. I am impressed so far.

• Like 1

good vipes for this build.one problem i had.i was in some big village but there was no zombies maybe in 15 minutes.but then began slideshow,it was just unplayable...but then i saw zombies spawn.so i thought that slideshow was because zombispawn....but i had to hardreset my pc because screen just was just frozen...

Has the loot count dropped? I'm not finding as much nowadays.  Some of it I don't mind like all the high end weapons and bits for them, But as a person that likes to make camps the lack of mil tents and barrels is a bit disconcerting for when it goes to stable.  Also I haven't found that many vehicles bits either apart from wheels. This is just an observation not a criticism as it is exp and I'm not base build as there are wipes just about every week so no point in doing it.  I like the new map though.  Although I'm going to have to change my driving routs when vehicles do come back in as there are now mil camps in the way lol. Looking forward to .61 when it goes to stable.

• Like 1

Currently trying the 64 bit client, server browser seems a bit buggy and unresponsive but i've managed to join a server. In queue now, lets see what happends in-game.

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Character picture not ported to the main screen again, until after first spawn, log off shows the character.

This isn't actually a bug. When the character selection will be available, until you select a certain character, you won't see any in the menu. The player character now correctly shows up in the menu, with the correct condition of items and clothes he's carrying and what he has in his hands.

When you just start the game, no characters are showing since none are selected. (Check the new server browser option to see a sneak peak of the character selection option.)

• Like 2

I'm getting a weird issue that I cannot predict or reproduce at will.  I'll be running along, everything is fine, then,  I notice that most things I see are pristine and ammo stacks are always full (I also see full mags that can't be unloaded).  I'll pick a few up, relog, and then see that actually, they're damaged, stacks are just a few rounds, and those mags are empty.  Anyone else?

• Like 2

So far running the x64 version was very stable. No desync or troubles seeing what other players were wearing. No server crash or any memory leaks upon exiting. 

Spawned in Solnichny, and went all the way to Balota following the coast towns.

Gameplay was very smooth. Of all the 8 other players I encountered on the coast, none spoke, and they all tried to punch me. Since I was lucky enough to find a sporter and a full 30 round mag within 10 minutes of spawning, they all regretted trying to punch me and enjoyed a free respawn.

It was raining all the time, but keeping running kept me warm enough to find a good shelter to warm up and be ready for what's next.

Great build so far.

jqhzz8.jpg

• Like 5

This afternoon [CET] naked players and shot not heared, just the impact. Shot where many, to many for one silencer and past 200-300 meters. And different mag and stack loads on ammo found between environment and backpack. EU-03

Edited by 0xy

Executed DayZ_x64.exe, got the error "Unable to locate a running instance of Steam" (wit hsteam running. Game was starting, but taskmanager showed it as 32-bit. BUG?

the error message showed nothing in the taskmanager only "DayZ", so i guess it was the x64 version.

performance was very nice in the few min i tried.

edit: DayZ_x64.rpt:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ_x64.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ_x64.exe" 
Exe timestamp: 2016/12/06 18:44:33
Current time:  2016/12/06 21:26:21

Version 0.61.136505
===ErrorMessage====>>>>>>BEG
===ErrorMessage====>>>>>>END
ErrorMessage: Unable to locate a running instance of Steam

Edited by HaseDesTodes
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

Executed DayZ_x64.exe, got the error "Unable to locate a running instance of Steam" (wit hsteam running. Game was starting, but taskmanager showed it as 32-bit. BUG?

the error message showed nothing in the taskmanager only "DayZ", so i guess it was the x64 version.

performance was very nice in the few min i tried.

edit: DayZ_x64.rpt:

== C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ_x64.exe
== "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ_x64.exe" 
Exe timestamp: 2016/12/06 18:44:33
Current time:  2016/12/06 21:26:21

Version 0.61.136505
===ErrorMessage====>>>>>>BEG
===ErrorMessage====>>>>>>END
ErrorMessage: Unable to locate a running instance of Steam

OK yes if you drag it to the desktop, what i did this time was dump the whole exp build then re download it again. Just in case i had prior issues in there.

After i did that, when you open the steam games library you see launch x64

I did have what you had going direct too, i forgot to edit out what i tried.

• Like 2

I did not see the x64 have any browser issues. I checked off > current build, and ping was set to 400 just to see all the exp servers.

So if your browser was crashing, i recommend re downloading the client again, and it might remove any hidden problems before.

Just saying if it is crashing, or odds and ends nobody else is experiencing.

Otherwise hell of a nice job on the x64 seems to run very nice from 45ish on normal to 114 all in normal graphics. If you lower it, you will gain upwards of 175 fps No lie either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

OK yes if you drag it to the desktop, what i did this time was dump the whole exp build then re download it again. Just in case i had prior issues in there.

After i did that, when you open the steam games library you see launch x64

I did have what you had going direct too, i forgot to edit out what i tried.

so you went back to stable and then back to exp or what exactly did you do?

3 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

so you went back to stable and then back to exp or what exactly did you do?

Yup dumped exp build, it downloaded stable, i canceled and then re did the exp build again. I know if it says keep this game up to date all the time, once you dump the exp build it starts right away downloading the stable build. You can cancel that, and obtain the exp build.

It maybe not required, but i did it just to make sure i had a fresh client this time.

• Like 1

i'll try it, let's see.

yes, steam now gives me the option to start x64

Edited by HaseDesTodes
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Another Exp/Unstable update today, for this one we're focused on:

- Naked Players

- Some players showing up nude

I swear i saw this guy running by the house i was in, as i was typing in this forum.

Then i went outside to see if it was an infected or a person, and nobody was there.

Freaky stuff man, are nekkid people chasing us down now? hahah