Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136505

42 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

So far running the x64 version was very stable. No desync or troubles seeing what other players were wearing. No server crash or any memory leaks upon exiting. 

Spawned in Solnichny, and went all the way to Balota following the coast towns.

Gameplay was very smooth. Of all the 8 other players I encountered on the coast, none spoke, and they all tried to punch me. Since I was lucky enough to find a sporter and a full 30 round mag within 10 minutes of spawning, they all regretted trying to punch me and enjoyed a free respawn.

It was raining all the time, but keeping running kept me warm enough to find a good shelter to warm up and be ready for what's next.

Great build so far.

jqhzz8.jpg

Owin i need a .22 mag... i got 1 extra hunting scope if you need? a few .22 bullets but that is about it. Maybe some other items. I think i am close to dubrokva, ropka. Willing to meet up and trade if you have any more mags.... i even found a nice military assult bag, but damaged.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

@odin i need a .22 mag... i got 1 extra hunting scope if you need? a few .22 bullets but that is about it. Maybe some other items. I think i am close to dubrokva, ropka. Willing to meet up and trade if you have any more mags.... i even found a nice military assult bag, but damaged.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

I'm all the way south, near Balota. I would gladly give you one of my sporter 30 mags, but I fear we're a bit too far for that. It's on a 1PP character. I can't log in right now as it's time to prep dinner for the family, but if you're still interested, let me know and we could arrange a meet-up location for later tonight.

Take care buddy, and let me know what you think.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I'm all the way south, near Balota. I would gladly give you one of my sporter 30 mags, but I fear we're a bit too far for that. It's on a 1PP character. I can't log in right now as it's time to prep dinner for the family, but if you're still interested, let me know and we could arrange a meet-up location for later tonight.

Take care buddy, and let me know what you think.

Will do, and if you need voice comms ill pm our's. Thanks again odin.

• Like 1

Hm, are we getting a SR for today? 

Also, how's the Exp branch update? Anything look like it's going to need a lot of work? 

8 minutes ago, winchesterisahellofagun said:

REJUVENATE/RE-WORK NORTH EAST AIRFIELD... seriously so much potential. Could help players be attracted to the Novo/Svet area, which is dead. 

you are offtopic buddie

Played for about an hour or so, seems to be running great on my laptop (low end). I was running all my settings on low and with the 32 bit build my fans were maxed out RPM. This 64 bit build my fans do not even get loud! I assume this is because the load is being distributed better between cores? Regardless, no crash yet and it seems to be running much better, AWESOME JOB DEVS! I will be testing tonight when I get home, maybe play around in a town for awhile and see if I can break anything. :-)

• Like 2

Using the 64 bit version seems to fix a bug where you have to alt tab, then go back into the game, in order to adjust brightness/resync your brightness... As soon as I start the 64 bit version, the brightness is already on what I put it to.

• Like 2

When i run x64 dayz application i get always a error message " Invalid instance on steam " shortly after it starts a game. It should be like that or i am the only one getting this? From now i don't see any difference between these two x32 x64.

27 minutes ago, ChippingCoder said:

Using the 64 bit version seems to fix a bug where you have to alt tab, then go back into the game, in order to adjust brightness/resync your brightness... As soon as I start the 64 bit version, the brightness is already on what I put it to.

I wonder if that would fix the shadowplay issue where video is all black

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, CONFy- said:

When i run x64 dayz application i get always a error message " Invalid instance on steam " shortly after it starts a game. It should be like that or i am the only one getting this? From now i don't see any difference between these two x32 x64.

Don't start the executeable from the DayZ directory in your steam folder, go to your steam client, go to the games library, right click DayZ and select the 64 bit option ;)

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Don't start the executeable from the DayZ directory in your steam folder

I got a message that steam wasn't running at first but once I allowed DayZ to start it booted up fine from a shortcut on my desktop.

Everything ran fine for me, interactions with infected were smooth.

I spawned in Kamishovo and the police station was bare except for a single empty RAK which I took and there was a PET bottle in the adjacent shed.

I did not want to stay near the spawn point long so I only looted a couple of houses before heading North but managed to get a pile of .380.

Still further North, apples, a hoe, a helmet, spite, a couple cans of food.

I hit another police station and got a couple 25rnd RAK mags and some more rounds.

At one point when I emptied a RAK mag on the ground with full inventory I could not find the ammo... oh well.

I saw a lot of duplicate items in houses, I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not.

I did not find a backpack but I do have rope for when I find burlap.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Another Exp/Unstable update today, for this one we're focused on:

-snip-

Just wanted to take a minute and thank you for putting up these patch notes. We really do appreciate it!

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I got a message that steam wasn't running at first but once I allowed DayZ to start it booted up fine from a shortcut on my desktop.

The shortcut on your desktop will run the 32 bit executeable, and if you run the 64 bit executeable from the DayZ game directory you indeed will be prompted that a steam instance is needed to run the client. After accepting the prompt you will start DayZ but it will be 32 bit just check your taskmgr. I did not notice any extra fps in the 64 bit version, maybe some less pop-in at distance but im not sure. The client did crash due to memory problems after ~4 hours of playing.

Server performance was indeed better, everything went smooth for me, although one of my friends got naked again and we couldn't hear his gunshots either, only the bullet impact.

45 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I saw a lot of duplicate items in houses, I wasn't sure if this was intentional or not.

Me too... I think I came across aproxmatily 20-30 sporters in different houses in Balota on UK-04 1pp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Woopie said:

The shortcut on your desktop will run the 32 bit executeable

Did you think I mean the standard DayZ shortcut?

The shortcut was made from the "DayZ_x64" .exe and reads as "DayZ_x64 - Shortcut", like so.

GLYJEPE.png

If you mean to say that the shortcut to the right will boot the original client regardless of it's title than that's different.

I'll check task manager like you suggest.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

Played for about 2 hours and i get the feeling that there are way less zombies spawning than before witch makes me sad, could be due to this stated in the SR? (Another bug we found is that Central Economy (CE) limits for infected count didn't work properly, so too many infected were spawned over the entire map. This slows down server performance too much and it's the source of incorrectly updated character modifiers, or the "persistent unconsciousness".) Can we hope one day to have zombie hordes without impacting performance? Is it to much to ask?

13 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Did you think I mean the standard DayZ shortcut?

The shortcut was made from the "DayZ_x64" .exe and reads as "DayZ_x64 - Shortcut", like so.

GLYJEPE.png

If you mean to say that the shortcut to the right will boot the original client regardless of it's title than that's different.

I'll check task manager like you suggest.

If you make a shortcut like the windows fashion way, right click, shortcut, and move it to your desktop... it will start 32 bit :)

http://i65.tinypic.com/34g3cd2.png

Edited by Woopie
  • Like 3

2vbvo6e.jpg

Yea this happened. Lol

Edited by Kronons
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Kronons said:

Yea this happened. Lol

I've found them in trees as well.

I also forgot to mention that an infected fell out of the sky hitting me as it came down while I was fighting another infected in a build from last week.

• Like 1

Please tell me there will be bananas in .61!!!  Banana Paramedic is back in bidness!  Game ran very smoothly on 64 - played for about an hour - as smooth as it has ever been .  Hotbars responsive, no lag, really clean performance.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813724917

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Please tell me there will be bananas in .61!!!  Banana Paramedic is back in bidness!  Game ran very smoothly on 64 - played for about an hour - as smooth as it has ever been .  Hotbars responsive, no lag, really clean performance.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=813724917

Shortly after that photo, I found a guy I thought I had been talking to.  I was wrong.  He shot me with no talking.  Do you know how long it took me to find that hat?  No imagination, I swear.

• Like 4