Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136479

Edit: Test results in, crash still occuring. We'll keep working on it and will likely need to continue pushing builds to Exp/Unstable in order to gather data, as the issue does not reproduce itself internally.

We're pushing a small change to Exp/Unstable today to test a potential fix for the most common server crash from Friday.

Edit: Looks like the test results are in, most common crash is still there, Back to the drawing board!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 4

Nice, new build... present surprise for Monday morning!

Lets keep it on topic with testing this build folks! Cleaning the thread up so its easier for new people to parse.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Nice, new build... present surprise for Monday morning!

You mean afternoon, ghehe.

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Lets keep it on topic with testing this build folks! Cleaning the thread up so its easier for new people to parse.

Will there be a wipe? Have checked Twitter this time but no information on that this time.

4 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Client still needs an update here, im on a older version even after verify of game cache.

I think they haven't pushed the new build yet, my estimate is that the build will be ready in approximately 30 minutes, if not earlier.

There was no wipe.

42 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We're pushing a small change to Exp/Unstable today to test a potential fix for the most common server crash from Friday.

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

let's keep our fingers crossed. ;)

Tried to connect to 4 different 3p servers, got to play for 30 seconds on one and server crashed. On the others I disconnected already in the queue due to server crash.

8 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Tried to connect to 4 different 3p servers, got to play for 30 seconds on one and server crashed. On the others I disconnected already in the queue due to server crash.

I keep getting in the queue of the US 1PP server.  Then I get a connection lost message.

I was on US Southwest 0-3 for a few minutes when connection was lost. I do not think it was a crash but I am not 100%, I was in the middle of crafting a fire :-)

Same here.  Get in the queue and then disconnect.

Edited by cav_guy
submitted too fast.

3 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I keep getting in the queue of the US 1PP server.  Then I get a connection lost message.

Yeah seems to be a problem with the servers handling queue again, low pop server works fine.

6 minutes ago, Woopie said:

Yeah seems to be a problem with the servers handling queue again, low pop server works fine.

I don't think so, I'm being disconnected from AUS 0-1 which has low pop.

4 minutes ago, xDeeKay said:

Agree, the US Southwest 0-3 was low pop when I joined and it disconnected me after a few minutes.

UK here, just keep being disconnected in the queue.

11 minutes ago, xDeeKay said:

I play AUS and SNG 1pp for the low pops couldn't get in to either at all.

Server performance at a an all time high!

You're done before you start.

• Like 2