Connect3d

These map changes will bring back NEAF era emptiness of the west.

yzbGhyd.jpg

I've just seen this map change on Reddit, and I just had to voice my concerns as DayZ is by far one of my favorite games. I've got 1.300 hours in the standalone. The changes I'm talking about is the military tents located in Cherno and Berezino and the east.

I can only imagine it'll bring back the same type of gameplay as the NEAF era had e.g the west being completely empty, and every single person in the server being in Electro, Cherno, or more likely in Berezino. Back then you could easily play 6 hours in the west without seeing a single person. People simply didn't go anywhere but Berezino and NEAF. It was a disgrace. And now you're basically erasing everything you've finally changed. People are actually in the west now.

The biggest problem with DayZ has always been the massively idiotic coastal faggotry. People who would just die in Cherno, Electro or Berezino over and over and over again. But thankfully NEAF was deleted and for the first time people started going more than 100 meters away from the east coast, other than going to NEAF. But now you're placing MILITARY tents all over the east. I love the idea of spreading out military locations more, instead of clumping them together, foaming a giant deathmatch area like NWAF and Mysh tents, where you can't visit without running into people every time since it's the only place to get good stuff around but for the love of god don't place tents anywhere near the coast. Let's stop this from turning back into coastal battle of duty faggotry, please.

• Like 1

Let's not forget the CLE is to be regionalised meaning high tier weapons and such won't he found on the coast. chances are, once fully implemented, you'll get backpacks, boots, helmets and clothes near the coast. further inland you'll start getting vests and ammo. At the main military locations you'll get standard military weapons and gear and in ttisy the rarest military items. 

• Like 1

That NEAF madness your talking about won't happen again, let me explain:

It all depends on how the game handles economy. back then, it was impossible for the game to actually recognize what region the loot spawn points are in, that was why we saw all those high end military drops there. it also happened with prison buildings till they decided to remove all the loots from that building. 

However, devs have a more advance control on loot's now and they can control where, how many in building, how many in server, how many SVDs across all servers spawns and ETC ... 

i suppose they reach the point that  they can control loot over regions so we should not see things like AK's in the east because that's not the region those things spawns. i think it's more for AMMO or military level clothes and stuff like that. 

i don't really know the state of loot controls over regions, but i can only suppose it's about finished and we can have it soon, also expect prison buildings to spawn loot soon too. even if thats not finished, they can easily remove loots for now untill the feature is ready to use.

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)

Don't forget the big plans to make somewhere like the Tisy base an hazmat area or whatever with higher tier stuff and the helicopter but with increased environmental hazards.

The coast will still have it's variety of coastal nonsense with players seeking more risk/reward heading to the back corner.

If anything it should make that band in between interesting.

• Like 1

You have to understand, keeping people at the coast is a bad thing, it will not balance the game out.

So we have to have at least 15-30 minute walk-run inland or else we end up having bambi kills on the coast.

But i do love your ideas of the map, for custom purposes and maybe modding private servers.

I hate those military tents they will add near Staroue. Those forestes in SE corner of map were best spot to hide your barells.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. more than likely once they get loot right there won't be shit in those tents near the coast anyways they will always be picked at all the time, Or it would be very foolish to even go there as I'm sure they shall be camped so let them die and repeat if they so choose. I would also add that there would be more than a few military areas if there was some type of military occupation to curb the outbreak. They can have all the military they want all i want is more hunting items spawns so devs eh how bout you send us hunter types some love. 

Edited by gannon46

Quantity over quality. 

That is the real problem.

It matters not if you are in Tisy or Pavlovo. The quality of the loot stays the same, so the only way to increase chances of finding high end loot is to increase the quantity of spawns by travelling to myshkino or NWAF.

It doesn't matter if the quality of items is low in these spots, people won't leave the east coast if there's even a remote chance of loot there. Look at how Electro turned out a while back. 50% of the server population was just playing "Coastal faggotry of duty" there. There needs to be absolutely, completely empty on the east coast and at least a few kilometers in to get these people of the coast. Let the idiots who think you're a marine animal and can't leave the sea starve to death on the coast.

I spent the evening hitting a bunch of the new checkpoints and I'm not sure if it's some form of "regional loot" but the tents closest to the spawns weren't worth getting excited over.

Helmets, jackets vests, knives, shovels, not much ammo, I saw maybe 4 guns (sks, ak74,short shotty) and that's with a bit of hopping to see hoe consistent they were server for server.

I dont think there will be much weapons on tents in the east, maybe Gorka and Ttsk jackets and pants, maybe vests and atachments.

What I like more are lots of crashed cars on checkpoints, especially in Kamenka and west from Lopatino, because they spawn good loot and less anoying than to loot same empty houses over and over again. I just hope more parts will spawn in/on wrecked cars in future.

5 hours ago, igor-vk said:

What I like more are lots of crashed cars on checkpoints, especially in Kamenka and west from Lopatino, because they spawn good loot and less anoying than to loot same empty houses over and over again. I just hope more parts will spawn in/on wrecked cars in future.

I routinely target car loot too, parking lots and checkpoints are on my usual routes.  IMT and I found 2 UMP's (no mags) in one civilian car in the new Grozovoy Pass traffic jam (north of Tisy Town, almost to north debug).  As far as I know there's no military loot spawns within 2 kilometers of those cars.  So either that one particular car got mixed up in the CLE? - or an UMP got accidntally mixed into the civ class? - or what Hicks said about the infinitesimally small chance of finding an m4 in a shed may actually be a thing now?  I suppose it's also possible that someone dropped them there but we got there in about an hour of the new patch dropping, and that one UMP was sitting perfectly in the trunk.  It sure looked like it spawned there.

12 hours ago, Connect3d said:

It doesn't matter if the quality of items is low in these spots, people won't leave the east coast if there's even a remote chance of loot there. Look at how Electro turned out a while back. 50% of the server population was just playing "Coastal faggotry of duty" there. There needs to be absolutely, completely empty on the east coast and at least a few kilometers in to get these people of the coast. Let the idiots who think you're a marine animal and can't leave the sea starve to death on the coast.

Why should half the map be empty?  That's a waste.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Because knee-jerk over reactions are how you get shit done?

Why don't we all just see how it goes and then make suggestions :-) I am just excited about .61 going stable, drooling!

Takes away some of the all too obvious king of the hill development. a step in the right direction in my opinion. I have't really played any 0.61, though, so I cannot tell the practical effect of these changes. Positive, though!

A handful of tents near the coast.

DayZ is ruined.

Yeah, as other people have pointed out the CLE should mean that high-end loot only spawns inland - even then I expect the way loot spawns isn't exactly finalised. Maybe wait and see what happens before jumping to conclusions. If it does turn DayZ into some coastal murder orgy I'm sure the devs will make changes. Nothing is set in stone here.

ooo, just got another client update for .61 :-)

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

Completely agree.  I have never understood the "coast must be empty at all costs!" mentality.  Chernarus is a huge map.  What's so terrible about giving players incentive to see it (all of it)?  There is absolutely no reason to usher everyone to Tisy.

The idea of smaller military checkpoints to give players a lower-risk option to get "Class B" loot (or a rare chance at higher-tier loot) is a neat idea, especially for lone wolves that feel overwhelmed trying to tactically approach NWAF or Tisy.

• Like 2

I never played when NEAF was a proper military base, but I remember when it was quite when it was likely to have pistols and ammo like Magnums or 1911, and maybe an SKS and a few rounds at one of the tanks. I hope they buff the NEAF so people at least have a reason to visit again. It was one of my favorite places, but it's really barren now. Also why no more Mosins on the coast? D: It's such a *civilian* weapon!

Edited by Kohlbar

Noticed the update on exp, spawned at Kamy, raced to Pustoy Khrebet for the five tents of leet gear! 

Unless 2 green sweaters and 2 ak buttstocks, and a head torch is a game is going to increase coastal PvP I don't thing you need to get too excited.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Noticed the update on exp, spawned at Kamy, raced to Pustoy Khrebet for the five tents of leet gear! 

Unless 2 green sweaters and 2 ak buttstocks, and a head torch is a game is going to increase coastal PvP I don't thing you need to get too excited.  

People running up and down the coast clubbing each other with AK buttstocks!  DayZ is ruined!

• Like 1

I had the chance to log in quick every couple hours today but not really play any extended amount of time.

I logged into the same server a short distance away and looted the same camp every hour or two, there was maybe six items on a fresh restart going up to a dozen or so after a few hours. It was a rotation of tent stuff jackets, vests, guns, ammo but never enough to instantly gear up a player at any one time. 

I cut up sweaters into rags with a full inventory and the rags stayed a long time, even through a reset.

New items were added at the reset.

Those tents are going to be no fun on public with hopping and whatnot.

I`ve not found any military ammo or weapons in those tents near the coas on 0.61 exp. patch, except far west of Kamenka camp, but no one spawn so far west so it`s an non issue. I also think they removed the Balota spawn which was too far west where the high end loot and crash sites are located. And the overall loot table of Balota Airfield is scarce - I seldom find anything there. 

In those early Dayz SA days u are talking about had military weapon loot table in fire stations, and it was before the major map changes. The only true sniper hill location is above Balota Airfield, but the coastal fog, and no high end loot in cities is not worth your time sniping guys with basic civil building items. 

And we also need to remember that base building is an end game content which create a different type of playstyles, and player behaviours will be much different when helis and cars are back on the map. It will be fast pace NW Airfield action - (3-5) min. with Heli - 10 min with a car from Cherno instead of (20-25 min run on foot) from the coast.

I mean what else to do in this game while it lack content without base building, helis, cars - it`s a pvp survivial. My point is when helicopter parts, car parts, Berenzino will be busy again for sure - when fully gear military players looking for the engine and fuel to their chopter. So the coast will be busy again, right now all the pvp at the coast rumour is less and less to be honest, because new players follow the loot for sure which is good for the world map activity. And the north had some love with new tents, which means guys won`t sucide when they get a far north spawn, because it`s high end military loot right to NW Airfield or farther north route. 

Brief conclusion; I don`t understand your concern with this topic, because the issue is non existance, except Dayz SA lack content related to base building and vechile. 

http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-chernarus-plus-map/

Edited by ori42
content update