Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

Just a thought:  if you are already cussing or fighting in your first 10 posts, you may need to look in the mirror.  I'm not saying anything is all a single person's fault; but, if you walk into a party full of strangers having a nice time, and in the first 10 minutes you're fighting or dropping f-bombs, maybe you should have observed a bit before talking.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 7

Just a friendly reminder guys you can block users posts, messages, and more from showing up in the feeds! Just click on the gear icon that's to the right of your avatar and select Ignored Users.

Ignore Option

Edited by starvingart
link
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, starvingart said:

Just a friendly reminder guys you can block users posts, messages, and more from showing up in the feeds!

4OdPJvd

I totally just ignored art.  

;-)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I totally just ignored art.  

;-)

Who said that?!

/s

• Like 3

Also, if we're gonna shit on the Devs, why can't Hicks unsticky the damn old EXP thread?  WORST DEV EVAR!@!#@!@

• Like 3

Ignore this post since I seem to be too stupid to find out how to insert pics in my post with the new forum layout and all.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Ignore this post since I seem to be too stupid to find out how to insert pics in my post with the new forum layout and all.

You need to upload any picture you want onto a website like imgur or something, then insert the link to it here using the img tags without spaces. [ img ] http://www.com [ /img ]

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tw0311 said:

Not whining here, but here is my opinion:

I bought this game 3? years ago when I saw the promotion on steam, and played it for a few hours before deciding to come back once it was a little more developed. I came back about a year ago and have been playing day z daily/weekly since then. Love this game, and it has come a LONG way. I usually play stable on a few US east private servers, and now that there are a bunch of experimental servers, there is hardly anyone on stable. My favorite private server that would be 60/60 most of the day just a month ago, was 6/60 at 9pm last night (Friday). I do like playing survival/pve style, but that content gets old quick (its too easy to survive in stable). For that reason I like to pvp.... but now its tough to even encounter players because there are so few online. High ping servers are unplayable and I don't play public servers because I don't think that is the way this game is meant to be played (and they aren't full anymore either). So my only real option right now is to play experimental, which is great, and I am really impressed with... but by its nature it is unstable. My biggest fear is that this patch will take more than a few months to become stable... which I will certainly come back for... but I can't keep playing stable, and I'm not going to put a lot of hours into experimental, so I will just take a break from day z (sadly :() if this patch doesn't come out soon. It would also be nice to have an estimate on when that might be too. Just get this patch stable please, from what I have seen it is already a major improvement to the gameplay and content of day z. Not trying to roast anyone or argue, this is just the way I feel and I think I have a somewhat valid point here.

Early Access and Experimental aren't for everyone, and that's okay. You have what I consider legitimate concerns, and for you the game isn't enjoyable at the moment. I hope you keep up with the status reports at least, so you know when the game is ready for everyone :). I personally enjoy watching the game develop through it's up and downs, and I am always looking forward to the new surprises and features. To each their own though, and what is fun and engaging for one, may not be for everyone. You are constructively expressing your viewpoint, which is not whining to me. Hope to see you in Chenarus soon!

• Like 1

First Arma broke our Exile server, then experimental update broke all servers. What a crappy weekend this turned out to be. Who ever brought servers back to life, I'll buy him Staropramen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Also, if we're gonna shit on the Devs, why can't Hicks unsticky the damn old EXP thread?  WORST DEV EVAR!@!#@!@

Done.

Back on Topic please, now that the air is a little less toxic.

There is absolutly no harm in discussing glitches and possible bugs you may come across within the limits of not revealing possible exploits. If you believe there is something new or not previously submitted through the BugTracker, then by all means do so.
Most of you know this already, so just a heads up to our less experienced or new members.

Thank you.

• Like 5

Alright so this update wasn't a fix but a rollback to the 0.61.136428 build which is the topic before this one.

On one side I am glad they rolled it back but on the other hand I wouldn't mind waiting until monday.

Still, I played a good few hours and the servers are indeed stable now.

I started at Kamensk where I logged off last time and made my way to Stary Yar where I met up with Gary. From there we went to the military base Tisy because I didn't see the new tents yet. After looting the barracks and some other stuff we went over to the tents and when I came out of my first tent I saw a player and asked if it was Gary. Before he could answer the player already started pointing his gun at me so I took caution and went between two tents and Gary confirmed that it wasn't him. I ran away from there trying to take a flanking position and a bit of higher ground. After a while Gary decided to be bait and try to lure him but he was already gone or he didn't take the bait. Gary finally decided to just loot the place while I decided to keep overwatch just in case. We haven't seen the guy anymore unfortunately and because of him I still don't know how the tents are layed out in the center. This is one of the disadvantages of playing with other people (no disrespect towards you Gary). You need to confirm first if it isn't one of the persons you're playing with because he looked an awful lot like Gary's character and it was dark. If I was solo I would've aimed back and tried to kill him.

After checking out the radar outpost BioHaas met up with us and we went our way to Sinistok to meet up with Pook. When we met up with Pook Gary unfortunately had to log off. After Gary logged off and we continued our way into Sinistok we noticed some deer and hunted some. By now Emuthreat met up with us and at that time Pook logged off. After that we decided to hunt the deer which got away and we found one. Emu took a shot but missed and the deer came towards me and I managed to take it down. After skinning it we went towards Lopatino and cooked our delicious meat near Lopatino and that's where BioHaas logged off. I also didn't go to the new military check point west of Lopatino so before logging out myself, Emuthreat and I headed out there and checked it out. After that I logged out and I have to say it was a good play session and the servers seemed stable.

Probably going to play some more later tonight.

• Like 3

I spent the morning in Olsha, found pumpkin seed then a barrel so figured I'd be a farmer while I tested dynamic AI despawn. I had a healuva time finding a water container and garden tool with lots of "session lost" coming from my end. As I was skulking around the town slowly more and more infected would spawn in around me then I get the inability to open doors or pick up items, "session lost". I immediately log back n to a clear town and interestingly a chicken right around where I saw the most recent or closest infected more than half the time. It looks like if you are the only player in the area the infected despawn as soon as you log out and or turn into chickens, pretty cool.

Grew about thirty pumpkins and my shovel didn't seem to degrade, diseased plants still grew perfect pumpkins, thrown pumpkins disappeared, thrown plant matter did not.   

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, IMT said:

Alright so this update wasn't a fix but a rollback to the 0.61.136428 build which is the topic before this one.

Wait what?? Yesterday Hicks said there wasn't gonna be any rollbacks, as it's totally counter productive. So to shut all the whiners they bent and did a rollback... It's pretty sad. I feel like the spoiled brats won.

Shame.

As much as I love experimental since the very first one I joined (I think it was 0.33) I don't think it was necessary to rollback on the patch so that some can "play". They won't get any new data from this week-end, and they'll just wipe what we did this week-end and prep another patch on Monday, continuing what they started yesterday. 

Anyway, have a good week-end all.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

As much as I love experimental since the very first one I joined (I think it was 0.33)

Pretty sure that's the first build I played.  Is that the one where they added the SKS?

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, boneboys said:

Done.

Back on Topic please, now that the air is a little less toxic.

There is absolutly no harm in discussing glitches and possible bugs you may come across within the limits of not revealing possible exploits. If you believe there is something new or not previously submitted through the BugTracker, then by all means do so.
Most of you know this already, so just a heads up to our less experienced or new members.

Thank you.

Hey buddy, good to see you.

Is everyone loading fine now? i was sitting there for more then 5 minutes with FPS over 150 solid. So something appeared to work for me. Any desync issues?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Wait what?? Yesterday Hicks said there wasn't gonna be any rollbacks, as it's totally counter productive. So to shut all the whiners they bent and did a rollback... It's pretty sad. I feel like the spoiled brats won.

Shame.

As much as I love experimental since the very first one I joined (I think it was 0.33) I don't think it was necessary to rollback on the patch so that some can "play". They won't get any new data from this week-end, and they'll just wipe what we did this week-end and prep another patch on Monday, continuing what they started yesterday. 

HMM roll back? why.... come on i wanted to test for moving to stable asap, so we can keep getting closer not behind.

Sorry dev team, but you guys should not roll back even if these post users 1 come online complaining we need to keep going forward. Lots of games they can play without whinefest

• Like 3

I had the misfortune to spawn in a rainy server and had to spend the first hour or so making fires to keep me warm. I have notice one thing that is kinda stupid adn that wasn't in the game earlier. When you remove a wet garment and put a dry one on, thta garment immediately becomes wet. This is kinda awkward as it defeats the puprose of finding dry clothes  when you are wet and its stopped raining. I do understand that putting on dry clothes when you are wet would make those clothes soak up the moisture but any normal person would dry himself first.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Killawife said:

I had the misfortune to spawn in a rainy server and had to spend the first hour or so making fires to keep me warm. I have notice one thing that is kinda stupid adn that wasn't in the game earlier. When you remove a wet garment and put a dry one on, thta garment immediately becomes wet. This is kinda awkward as it defeats the puprose of finding dry clothes  when you are wet and its stopped raining. I do understand that putting on dry clothes when you are wet would make those clothes soak up the moisture but any normal person would dry himself first.

I also noticed that sitting by a fire in the rain (yes, I did start a fire in the rain and it continued to burn), my clothes got dry.  Even though I'm sitting in the RAIN!  :D  Don't know if that's new, as I used to build fires inside (but now that those are limited, I gave it a shot).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Shame.

Yep, that's why I have mixed feelings with this rollback. But they decided to rollback so I kinda glad they did but I also wouldn't mind to wait until monday because I agree with you.

But let's just start discussing gameplay, bugs and what not to not derail the topic already more than it already has.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

I also noticed that sitting by a fire in the rain (yes, I did start a fire in the rain and it continued to burn), my clothes got dry.  Even though I'm sitting in the RAIN!  :D  Don't know if that's new, as I used to build fires inside (but now that those are limited, I gave it a shot).

Were you completely in the open?

Some areas in the forest are sheltered and therefore "dry" yo can see it running through the forest if the light is right. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Pretty sure that's the first build I played.  Is that the one where they added the SKS?

Yes, it is! The first one I found was at the Rify shipwreck. I used it a bit and then gave it to someone I met there. He was pretty grateful to be able to see it as soon as he spawned. Ah the memories.

Well, back on topic. Sorry for the rant, I needed to vent a little.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Were you completely in the open?

Some areas in the forest are sheltered and therefore "dry" yo can see it running through the forest if the light is right. 

I was up by the radio tower at Solnichniy.  Not any trees within 20m of me.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeefBacon said:

I hope they didn't update/roll back just because people were whining. I mean, I was a little bit annoyed that there were no servers, but then I took a second to remember that I was playing an experimental build of a game that is in alpha. Sucks to think someone had to come in on a weekend to fix it. Thanks, though.

I'll probably hop on later tonight. Had a lot of fun with .61 last I played, and did some bug testing. The debug monitor is very useful.

Its not as much a rollback persay, the steam branch was just set to backwards to the last build. Development branches did no such revert, you guys are now just a full build behind us. We gathered a metric ton of crash dumps from the servers, which make it possible for the programmers to investigate the issue on Monday.

8 hours ago, Chris McKillroy said:

"It had been fairly nice around here until this recent influx of whiners."
I don't think it is very helpful to defame everyone complaining and being frustrated with certain things as "whiner" or "CoD kiddie" or whatever.

Reality is, that everyone and his sister is playing experimental once an EXP branch is out and the stable servers are emptied.
It's good to see the devs took the responsibility and fix the disaster right now.
I wish them many free weekends in the future and hope they will put in some sort of mechanism to easily roll back easily if such a disaster happens again (which is normal in development).

And simply repeating over and over again "It's experimental" when the whole setup is not experimental sounds a bit dishonest to me.
After all theres a huge load of EXP servers up and running on the experimental branch - that's for a reason and not just because so many people are bug reporting all the time.

There was no "responsibility taken" and I do not like the implication.
We reached critical mass on data, nothing more. There was no fix, and there won't be until Monday.

Last warning here - this thread is for discussing data and experiences from testing on Experimental. Not soap boxing how you think things should be done.

• Like 10

I will play some hours now this lovely monrning and test some more stuff - I hope the paint a weapon bug is fixed, @Hicks_206 (DayZ)? An earlier version of 0.61 build you empty the weapon for bullets and they magically vanished after u have spray painted it. So it was some issues with spray paint a weapon like the SKS for sure.

Loot Table update on the current version: 

1. I usually find x-bows in deer stance as a weapon or a wood axe. (The piles of SKS is fixed in deer stances, well done.)
  2. I can`t find any type of civil rifles or shotguns in barns at the moment.
  3. Green Guardhouses still have police station loot table with Glocks and CR75, MP5, PM73 RAK, CZ61 Scorpion.
  4. I find more food now compare to earlier versions.
  5. Barns seldom have any loot except food and cloth - I miss the old days when u could find a shotgun or old mosin 9130 at barns.
  6. Military tents usually drop clothing and boots most common items.
  7. The ammo and weapon attachments drop for most weapons is about the same as earlier versions which is good. 
Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

Hey i have to say thank you to the dev team to fix the exp. Server on the weekend nice job...

And pleas let us spown in the 0.61 stable with a knife so nobody has to use the bug anymore, very simpel way to solve the problem...