Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

I hope they didn't update/roll back just because people were whining. I mean, I was a little bit annoyed that there were no servers, but then I took a second to remember that I was playing an experimental build of a game that is in alpha. Sucks to think someone had to come in on a weekend to fix it. Thanks, though.

I'll probably hop on later tonight. Had a lot of fun with .61 last I played, and did some bug testing. The debug monitor is very useful.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, starvingart said:

I don't believe new weapons will be added until the Player Controller is fully implemented which, I'm guessing, won't be until early next year.

I saw a big list of new stuff to be added to .61 on day z tv. Maybe that wasn't official? I was under the impression there would be a m249, hunting vest, etc.

10 minutes ago, tw0311 said:

I saw a big list of new stuff to be added to .61 on day z tv. Maybe that wasn't official? I was under the impression there would be a m249, hunting vest, etc.

dayzTV is not an official forum its an third party site 

Brian hicks said, no new guns or other stuff before the new player controller is implemented. (ok, the chuck sneakers are new in .61 but that is all)

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

You have no idea what I have an idea about or not. Totally not. You just assume stuff from your past experience with whatever.

Oh yes I do. 1 thing I guarantee you have no clue about is what I've dealt with in the last 4+ years. Now please tell me you've followed the forum lurking here the whole time!

29 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

please do not behave like them in your first reflexes towards people

If you make intelligent, informed, objective comments that lead to constructive ideas I will back you every time. If you essentially whine for half your post with little perspective for the process, I begin to tune you out...

31 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

OFC I could leave - but that wouldn't change the fact you and especially the admins are getting ripped off and your patience gets abused.

I'm sorry but for all the hours I have in DayZ the last thing I feel is ripped off.

Oh hey look!

The devs put something together for us to test over the weekend!

Do you have any idea how much that makes me want to dad slap the kids who cried earlier in this thread and send them to bed without dinner (or DayZ)?

33 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

participating in the discussion for a long time felt like replying. Which doesn't imply I have just started reading.

Well it certainly implies that you haven't kept up to date doesn't it!

35 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

And the brainwash disease of the community can need need a bit of bitter medicine.

Keep smoking whatever your smoking and when you get caught up to the project and also realize that you aren't surrounded by mindless fan boys, then maybe you'll make a post that isn't full of what someone else said one time in twitch chat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck yeah, devs!!

I certainly didn't want anyone working on their day off but will certainly give this build a try!

THANKS

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Oh yes I do. 1 thing I guarantee you have no clue about is what I've dealt with in the last 4+ years. Now please tell me you've followed the forum lurking here the whole time!

If you make intelligent, informed, objective comments that lead to constructive ideas I will back you every time. If you essentially whine for half your post with little perspective for the process, I begin to tune you out...

I'm sorry but for all the hours I have in DayZ the last thing I feel is ripped off.

Oh hey look!

The devs put something together for us to test over the weekend!

Do you have any idea how much that makes me want to dad slap the kids who cried earlier in this thread and send them to bed without dinner (or DayZ)?

Well it certainly implies that you haven't kept up to date doesn't it!

Keep smoking whatever your smoking and when you get caught up to the project and also realize that you aren't surrounded by mindless fan boys, then maybe you'll make a post that isn't full of what someone else said one time in twitch chat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck yeah, devs!!

I certainly didn't want anyone working on their day off but will certainly give this build a try!

THANKS

"I do. 1 thing I guarantee you have no clue about is what I've dealt with in the last 4+ years"
I didn't claim to know what you have dealt with. I simply claimed that you have no clue about what I have a clue about or not.

"..intelligent, informed, objective comments that lead to constructive ideas ..."
You are the forum morals police and know it all, right?

"..last thing I feel is ripped off..."
Obviously not. But I know of admins who gravely feel so and still pay, because they love the game.

"Do you have any idea how much that makes me want to dad slap the kids who cried earlier in this thread and send them to bed without dinner (or DayZ)?"
I just see how authoritarian you are and how big your difficulties are to cope with diverging opinions, since you obviously believe to have a sort of pope status.
Actually dealing with kids in a reasonable way is an indicator of maturity. I can't see that in your comment.

"Well it certainly implies that you haven't kept up to date doesn't it!"
Hard to imagine someone sees it differently, isn't it? I mean - if I had kept up properly there would be no other conclusion that I agree with you, right?

"Keep smoking whatever your smoking... "
Yep - thats the toxic bit - your felt authority gives you the right to write crap like that doesn't it?
Abusive BS of someone who feels he's an important community member - oh how I love it to see these types around the net so often - really gives confidence in humanity ...

LOL, yeah. I am definitely 13 years old guy who doesn't post bugs on a bug tracker and just want to GO FULL PVP ON EXP. That's my 2nd post after all, right? :D

So basically they release exp update just before ending their work day. The update aimed at server crashes turns out to be a disaster. Can any of you all knowing Gandalfs of DayZ community tell me what do devs test on servers that are offline all weekend? Wouldn't it be like... WISE... To let people play previous version and find any potential not-yet-discovered bugs, which were not addressed by this update?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Nope, we push what we need data on.
Don't expect a new build late on a Friday night - we'll get back on it on Monday. 

This wasn't what I wanted to hear for personal reasons but was the absolute right response to my intentionally pointed post.

Thanks fort putting me in my place. 

Thank you for letting us know you've got it under control.

Thanks for sending in someone to fix it, and keep us happy even though that's not the point of EXP.

• Like 2

It had been fairly nice around here until this recent influx of whiners. How can anyone really complain that they can't play the Experimental Branch over the weekend? The game is still very playable, and if all the new people want is the new updates and features, then WAIT for stable release. If stable branch went offline for a weekend, I could understand the griping. Also, Isn't it possible that the Dev's have already gathered enough info to fix the crashes, but haven't had a chance to implement it yet? It's tough to find new bugs when the server keeps crashing, so that must obviously be their first bug to fix.  

In summary: Realize what experimental is for, and if you choose to help then help, and if not then just wait for a stable release like everyone else. Keep calm and DayZ on.

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

Abusive BS of someone who feels he's an important community member

My point was ALL the unjustified crying by entitled unappreciative people who now have a patch to play.

If you really think you can psychoanalyze me through the colorful language I use on a forum you have some serious delusions.

I am more than willing to entertain opposing views when presented with facts and not just a bunch of negative rhetoric found in nearly every reddit post.

Also, admins who are so unhappy with the game should probably have couched their expectations more realistically.

I have watched this process closely and leveled criticism when necessary.

Anyone who has followed things as closely as I for 4.5 years would be more objective than you've shown yourself to be.

Unlike you, I never gave up on this process and have made many contributions to this community over the years.

Since the release of experimental I've helped to build a focused testing group of diverse, intelligent, and talented players, of which NO ONE is the leader.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

I've been reading this forum for ages, and playing the game for about a year now I think.  I think it is time that I started to actually contribute.  First off, this game is fantastic.  Any and all issues that I point out should be taken with that basic condition in mind.  Now for some comments on the current experimental condition:

-There is a bug that has showed up a couple times that locks my characters cordial orientation (ie, can no longer change the direction they face).  Still able to free look, but cannot turn the characters body.  This is fixed by logging off and back on.

-Shotgun pellets will not penetrate (even broken) windows.

-Spear attacks will penetrate the windows, and even some walls.

-Barrels are able to be picked up and moved, but when you set them down the character has a minor seizure and then the barrel can not be interacted with again.

I will start keeping a list of things that I notice as I go.  I am under the impression that the bug reporting system is for major/fatal flaws, so I would rather not bog that down with minor things like this.  If that is not the case please let me know and I will move these observations there.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

It had been fairly nice around here until this recent influx of whiners. How can anyone really complain that they can't play the Experimental Branch over the weekend? The game is still very playable, and if all the new people want is the new updates and features, then WAIT for stable release. If stable branch went offline for a weekend, I could understand the griping. Also, Isn't it possible that the Dev's have already gathered enough info to fix the crashes, but haven't had a chance to implement it yet? It's tough to find new bugs when the server keeps crashing, so that must obviously be their first bug to fix.  

In summary: Realize what experimental is for, and if you choose to help then help, and if not then just wait for a stable release like everyone else. Keep calm and DayZ on.

"It had been fairly nice around here until this recent influx of whiners."
I don't think it is very helpful to defame everyone complaining and being frustrated with certain things as "whiner" or "CoD kiddie" or whatever.

Reality is, that everyone and his sister is playing experimental once an EXP branch is out and the stable servers are emptied.
It's good to see the devs took the responsibility and fix the disaster right now.
I wish them many free weekends in the future and hope they will put in some sort of mechanism to easily roll back easily if such a disaster happens again (which is normal in development).

And simply repeating over and over again "It's experimental" when the whole setup is not experimental sounds a bit dishonest to me.
After all theres a huge load of EXP servers up and running on the experimental branch - that's for a reason and not just because so many people are bug reporting all the time.

Is anyone experiencing issues with the displayed number of items v. actual?  E.g., I see a stack of 20 SKS rounds.  I load them into an empty SKS.  They disappear.  I unload the SKS and only have 8 rounds.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

"It had been fairly nice around here until this recent influx of whiners."
I don't think it is very helpful to defame everyone complaining and being frustrated with certain things as "whiner" or "CoD kiddie" or whatever.

Reality is, that everyone and his sister is playing experimental once an EXP branch is out and the stable servers are emptied.
It's good to see the devs took the responsibility and fix the disaster right now.
I wish them many free weekends in the future and hope they will put in some sort of mechanism to easily roll back easily if such a disaster happens again (which is normal in development).

And simply repeating over and over again "It's experimental" when the whole setup is not experimental sounds a bit dishonest to me.
After all theres a huge load of EXP servers up and running on the experimental branch - that's for a reason and not just because so many people are bug reporting all the time.

How is calling someone who is whining, a whiner, defaming? That's just calling it like it is lol. In order to be defamed, you must first have a positive reputation. You can't defame someone who has no fame. It isn't slander or libel either because according to you, all your doing is complaining and not whining. That is your opinion and I disagree. You are whining, therefore you are a whiner. Don't want to be a whiner? Don't whine lol. If it would make you feel better I will call you a complainer then.

What about experimental servers isn't very experimental to you? What about the setup isn't experimental? To me, it is extremely apparent with all the warning messages and also the fact that all the servers are named Experimental is also a big hint. It is for Experimenting, so don't complain if you can't pew pew over the weekend. They are not easily accessed. I think the real issue here is what people have told you already: Experimental is not for regular gaming, and don't expect it to be. It is a very valid argument to people that are upset that they can't play the Experimental over the weekend. 

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

My point was ALL the unjustified crying by entitled unappreciative people who now have a patch to play.

If you really think you can psychoanalyze me through the colorful language I use on a forum you have some serious delusions.

I am more than willing to entertain opposing views when presented with facts and not just a bunch of negative rhetoric found in nearly every reddit post.

Also, admins who are so unhappy with the game should probably have couched their expectations more realistically.

I have watched this process closely and leveled criticism when necessary.

Anyone who has followed things as closely as I for 4.5 years would be more objective than you've shown yourself to be.

Unlike you, I never gave up on this process and have made many contributions to this community over the years.

Since the release of experimental I've helped to build a focused testing group of diverse, intelligent, and talented players, of which NO ONE is the leader.

"...unjustified crying by entitled unappreciative people who now have a patch to play."
Wrong. No one is "crying". I rather see people complaining. "Unappreciative" is your derogative language answering the complaints you see.

"If you really think you can psychoanalyze me through the colorful language I use on a forum you have some serious delusions."
Actually you are psychoanalyzing me and attributing "delusions" and other BS.

"..admins who are so unhappy with the game should probably have .."
"Should" in your opinion. Try to accept there are different views to that.

"Anyone who has followed things as closely as I for 4.5 years would be more objective than you've shown yourself to be."
I understand - you are the final authority of truth and fact interpretation. And yet another example of authoritarianism.

"Unlike you, I never gave up on this process and have made many contributions to this community over the years."
What I did or did not you cannot know. But you seem to believe you know, Mr. All-Knowing ...

"Since the release of experimental I've helped to build a focused testing group of diverse, intelligent, and talented players, of which NO ONE is the leader."
That's great. Keep up the good work. But this doesn't touch anything of what we discussed.

13 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Is anyone experiencing issues with the displayed number of items v. actual?  E.g., I see a stack of 20 SKS rounds.  I load them into an empty SKS.  They disappear.  I unload the SKS and only have 8 rounds.

I noticed similar issues yesterday before the patch, but with matches.  The match box said zero left, until I used one, at which point it said there were 49 left.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BeaverProductions said:

Yes.  To test the patch.  This is experimental. If we follow through with that type of thought process:

"so, is there any particular reason why you release a patch Thursday if you're not working weekend as it might take 2 days to fix the problems?"

"so, is there any particular reason why you release a patch Tuesday if you're not working weekend as it might take 4 days to fix the problems?"

"so, is there any any particular reason why you release a patch Monday if you're not working weekend as it might take 5 days to fix the problems?"

"so, is there any any particular reason why you release a patch?"

Experimental is not for playing, its for testing for crashes and bugs.  Having it crash means experimental is working as intended.  If there were no crashes and everything was working perfectly the release would be on stable.

Here I ask a adecuate question and  get this shit.

Is this really what you think I ment? You fucking have to read between the lines. I HATE Idiots that dont lean in to things and just spew their shit around without even fucking understand what I was asking.

Bessersnitchel 

9 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

How is calling someone who is whining, a whiner, defaming? That's just calling it like it is lol. Defaming would be twisting facts and adding opinion to an argument proving my point of view. You are whining, therefore you are a whiner. Don't want to be a whiner? Don't whine lol. 

What about experimental servers isn't very experimental to you? What about the setup isn't experimental? To me, it is extremely apparent with all the warning messages and also the fact that all the servers are named Experimental is also a big hint. It is for Experimenting, so don't complain if you can't pew pew over the weekend. They are not easily accessed. I think the real issue here is what people have told you already: Experimental is not for regular gaming, and don't expect it to be. It is a very valid argument to people that are upset that they can't play the Experimental over the weekend. 

If we were living in an ideal world, I'd agree with you, but we are not.

Reality is, that early releases become more and more apparent and companies make a bunch of money from it and a lot of them burn it and the project dies.
I think putting in a warning and then believing all is fine is not enough.
Also repeating it like a mantra "It's experimental" doesn't help and is not enough.
If you really want a strictly experimental group of hardcore players, dedicated to find all the bugs make it a closed and limited group.

I think it's a good move of the devs to have fixed that crash disaster before the weekend, but what I want to say mostly about it is:
It is avoidable!
Not the bugs - these are unavoidable - but the way how it is managed can be improved.

Can anyone confirm if the Shadows exploit has been fixed?

I rolled back to 0.60 yesterday, too lazy to go back now -.- 

Not whining here, but here is my opinion:

I bought this game 3? years ago when I saw the promotion on steam, and played it for a few hours before deciding to come back once it was a little more developed. I came back about a year ago and have been playing day z daily/weekly since then. Love this game, and it has come a LONG way. I usually play stable on a few US east private servers, and now that there are a bunch of experimental servers, there is hardly anyone on stable. My favorite private server that would be 60/60 most of the day just a month ago, was 6/60 at 9pm last night (Friday). I do like playing survival/pve style, but that content gets old quick (its too easy to survive in stable). For that reason I like to pvp.... but now its tough to even encounter players because there are so few online. High ping servers are unplayable and I don't play public servers because I don't think that is the way this game is meant to be played (and they aren't full anymore either). So my only real option right now is to play experimental, which is great, and I am really impressed with... but by its nature it is unstable. My biggest fear is that this patch will take more than a few months to become stable... which I will certainly come back for... but I can't keep playing stable, and I'm not going to put a lot of hours into experimental, so I will just take a break from day z (sadly :() if this patch doesn't come out soon. It would also be nice to have an estimate on when that might be too. Just get this patch stable please, from what I have seen it is already a major improvement to the gameplay and content of day z. Not trying to roast anyone or argue, this is just the way I feel and I think I have a somewhat valid point here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

Reality is, that early releases become more and more apparent and companies make a bunch of money from it and a lot of them burn it and the project dies.

This seems like very backwards thinking.  Putting disclaimers up that explain the purpose of the Stable and Experimental branches assumes that the community has the ability to read and understand said disclaimers.

But you're saying this isn't good enough.  Why?  Because people can't read and understand?  Or they aren't willing to?  How is that the fault of the developers?

You seem to be acting like you're trying to help the developers head off a PR disaster while at the same time leading the charge of the mob with torches and pitchforks.

I think it's a good move of the devs to have fixed that crash disaster before the weekend, but what I want to say mostly about it is:
It is avoidable!
Not the bugs - these are unavoidable - but the way how it is managed can be improved.

If the crashes have been fixed on the weekend I'm going to guess it's because the developers take pride in their work and couldn't enjoy their weekend with a nasty bug hanging over their heads.  I doubt the whining or PR considerations had any bearing on it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

Also repeating it like a mantra "It's experimental" doesn't help and is not enough.
If you really want a strictly experimental group of hardcore players, dedicated to find all the bugs make it a closed and limited group.

It is avoidable!

Making a generalized statement about early access games in general, then trying to apply it to an optional experimental branch in an early access doesn't work for me. BI has their own team internal hardcore testers, but they need more data and players then what they have access to within their own company, thus a public experimental exists. I also give kudos do the Devs coming in on the weekend to fix a broken experimental patch that may or may not result in any useful data. 

Also, I think DayZ and Brian Hicks have managed this very well. They have been more transparent than ever before, all it takes is a little time and effort on OUR part to meet them halfway, and try to understand where they are coming from. If you have an issue, I think YOU could improve how you approach and criticize. Just creating an account and going off the handle on a borderline rant doesn't solve anything, and only makes you look childish in my eyes. 

I don't think the way the DayZ devs handled this is poor, I think your approach to a perceived issue is poor.

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, plasteek said:

This seems like very backwards thinking.  Putting disclaimers up that explain the purpose of the Stable and Experimental branches assumes that the community has the ability to read and understand said disclaimers.

But you're saying this isn't good enough.  Why?  Because people can't read and understand?  Or they aren't willing to?  How is that the fault of the developers?

You seem to be acting like you're trying to help the developers head off a PR disaster while at the same time leading the charge of the mob with torches and pitchforks.

If the crashes have been fixed on the weekend I'm going to guess it's because the developers take pride in their work and couldn't enjoy their weekend with a nasty bug hanging over their heads.  I doubt the whining or PR considerations had any bearing on it.

"But you're saying this isn't good enough.  Why? "
Because reality is, that once an EXP branch is out the stable servers are dead and people are virtually forced to play on EXP.

"You seem to be acting like you're trying to help the developers head off a PR disaster while at the same time leading the charge of the mob with torches and pitchforks."
Pointing at certain things doesn't mean I'm "leading a mob" - far from that. Most people I know are pretty ambivalent concerning DayZ and have a sort of love-hate relationship to it.
I think for me it's similar. You probaly read this conflict out of my posts.
I don't post because I imagine the devs to listen to it - it's simply stating myself and how I feel about the game and what my experience with it has been over the years.

Well this thread derailed......

Happy to see a playable version this weekend even if it crashes or desyncs at times! 

Thnx devs (and or weekend service dude )

• Like 3