Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

10 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Nope, we push what we need data on.
Don't expect a new build late on a Friday night - we'll get back on it on Monday. 

How do you go about getting data and bug reports to support the development of this game when your servers are offline?

51 minutes ago, Sittin said:

I know nothing about programming, so, is there any particular reason why you release a patch friday afternoon if you're not working weekend?
I would, for example, never cut a water pipe if I didnt have time to fix the acute problems that arise afterwards.

Im sure its different. But thats how I think and work.

Yes.  To test the patch.  This is experimental. If we follow through with that type of thought process:

"so, is there any particular reason why you release a patch Thursday if you're not working weekend as it might take 2 days to fix the problems?"

"so, is there any particular reason why you release a patch Tuesday if you're not working weekend as it might take 4 days to fix the problems?"

"so, is there any any particular reason why you release a patch Monday if you're not working weekend as it might take 5 days to fix the problems?"

"so, is there any any particular reason why you release a patch?"

Experimental is not for playing, its for testing for crashes and bugs.  Having it crash means experimental is working as intended.  If there were no crashes and everything was working perfectly the release would be on stable.

Edited by BeaverProductions

12 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

As the servers reach a certain amount of failure, the infrastructure will keep them offline pending investigation of the failure. 

In other words, too many crashes = servers stay offline.

what is that hard to understand?

oh, i see, you only want to whine a bit and reading the forums is to hard for you

Ok, so... I know experimental is for testing, but... They release patch just before end of working day? ;) What kind of testing can they do during weekend? When they saw that servers are going down it was already clear that it was ALL that's going to be tested in this exp version. So, considering that, what harm exactly would reverting to previous exp version make? As I see this, it could only help to find some more bugs not addressed with this (not working) patch.

<rant>I'm testing how to switch back to stable and on Monday I can test to switch back to experimental. Great testing. Really. "Oh it's experimental ... it' unstable ...that's how development works ...". Utter BS. This is simply bad management. Like usual in DayZ. The game still profits from a great overall design but years and years in Alpha? There are still so basic bugs and issues - maybe our grand grand children will finally see this incredibly polished gem of a game ....</rant>

Also seems these forums are heavily censored - no negative comments allowed. What a petty mindset ...

Edited by Chris McKillroy

Can someone clarify on why suddenly these whining children are here?

2 hours ago, Chris McKillroy said:

<rant>I'm testing how to switch back to stable and on Monday I can test to switch back to experimental. Great testing. Really. "Oh it's experimental ... it' unstable ...that's how development works ...". Utter BS. This is simply bad management. Like usual in DayZ. The game still profits from a great overall design but years and years in Alpha? There are still so basic bugs and issues - maybe our grand grand children will finally see this incredibly polished gem of a game ....</rant>

Also seems these forums are heavily censored - no negative comments allowed. What a petty mindset ...

Then what the hell are you still doing here? If you have no patience to wait then just go away. But you're making yourself look like an idiot because you have no freaking idea how development even works. Not even that, you haven't even followed development.

Oh and the forums are heavily censored? Yes, against whiners and crying children. People who give constructive feedback which can be positive or negative are welcome. Your post is far from constructive and is as you already marked it, ranting. Your post doesn't help the developers, it doesn't help forward the discussion, all you're basically doing is ruining this topic.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, IMT said:

i guess they have seen some YT videos and wanted to play a bit DayZ 0.61, and now they don't like that it's not working.

Or, it's all one guy that keeps creating dozens of accounts for trolling purposes. I find it realy strange that most negative comments come from people with less than 10 posts (with fresh accounts).

• Like 2

If dayz isn't fun for you..  Go play something that is...  Simple. 

If experimental is temporarily broken for the weekend, play stable or go outside..  

Relax, the devs are on the same hype train and will have us rolling on down the track soon..  

• Like 1

I was just viewing some video's of Deadlyslob and heard an interesting fact. With all these mostly new western military camps (Kamenka, Lopatino, etc.) they also changed the spawn points more to the east. At the moment, according to DayZ TV's map the most western spawn is at Cap Galova, just east of Cherno. This is really interesting because as Deadlyslob mentioned, this will change a lot of player routes and will shift player movement and perhaps PvP as well.

I haven't been to those new area's yet, only Kamensk but I saw some of the new one's and renewed one's in Deadlyslob's video and I have to say: developers, you did an outstanding job on these camps! They look much better now, even at NWAF and Myshkino, the lay-out looks much better now. I also like the new tent with the tables. Oh by the way guys, in the containers which can be opened spawns military gear as well! They are definitely worth checking out. It was by accident that I saw one opened with loot in it that I knew this otherwise I would probably never knew it and never looked there as well.

Really interesting to see these changes and how it will affect everything. I wonder what your opinion on this change is, please let me know.

31 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

i guess they have seen some YT videos and wanted to play a bit DayZ 0.61, and now they don't like that it's not working.

Or, it's all one guy that keeps creating dozens of accounts for trolling purposes. I find it realy strange that most negative comments come from people with less than 10 posts (with fresh accounts).

That's what I was thinking as well (the YouTube thing).

And I agree with the last thing. When I'm playing Heroes & Generals and our team is losing you always get some people who say "bad team", "you guys suck", "losers". Strangely those players are on top of the scoreboard if it was from bottom to top. So they themselves suck but they call out their team because the team is losing. Same applies here, they think they know a lot of stuff about development and have followed the development but basically they don't know scrap.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Then what the hell are you still doing here? If you have no patience to wait then just go away. But you're making yourself look like an idiot because you have no freaking idea how development even works. Not even that, you haven't even followed development.

Oh and the forums are heavily censored? Yes, against whiners and crying children. People who give constructive feedback which can be positive or negative are welcome. Your post is far from constructive and is as you already marked it, ranting. Your post doesn't help the developers, it doesn't help forward the discussion, all you're basically doing is ruining this topic.

I think this is the kind of answer why you often hear "The Dayz community is quite toxic" when talking to people looking at it from the outside.

Actually I have a pretty good idea how development works, and censoring and bashing people who have criticism won't manage to cover up the many shortcomings in the Dayz development process.

Dayz is an awesome game idea with an implementation that leaves a lot to wish. Despite all it shortcomings it is still fun to play.

But behaving like a brainwashed fanboy won't do the game any good. Have fun living in your little "All is great bubble", have fun playing an all knowing local hero,

but with the tone and wording of your answer you have demonstrated how low you really are.

You will not do Dayz any favor by defending it that way, and you also won't help anything by bashing everyone expressing legit frustration and anger about the ripoff done to the server admins.

BI is increasingly using up credibility and goodwill of its playerbase and your type of answer is a clear demonstration how distorted the situation is.

Playernumbers in DayZ have been dwindling constantly and thats not because "whiners" and "crying children" are leaving, rather because people like you are allowed to behave as they do and that's pissing off any reasonable player around.

If you really want to see an "idiot" look into the mirror and analyze what you see there.

And defending censorship in the way it is done is simply ,,, just beyond ...

Have  nice day.

21 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

I think this is the kind of answer why you often hear "The Dayz community is quite toxic" when talking to people looking at it from the outside.

Actually I have a pretty good idea how development works, and censoring and bashing people who have criticism won't manage to cover up the many shortcomings in the Dayz development process.

Dayz is an awesome game idea with an implementation that leaves a lot to wish. Despite all it shortcomings it is still fun to play.

But behaving like a brainwashed fanboy won't do the game any good. Have fun living in your little "All is great bubble", have fun playing an all knowing local hero,

but with the tone and wording of your answer you have demonstrated how low you really are.

You will not do Dayz any favor by defending it that way, and you also won't help anything by bashing everyone expressing legit frustration and anger about the ripoff done to the server admins.

BI is increasingly using up credibility and goodwill of its playerbase and you type of answer is a clear demonstration how distorted the situation is.

Playernumbers in DayZ have been dwindling constantly and thats not because "whiners" and "crying children" are leaving, rather because people like you are allowed to behave as they do and that's pissing off any reasonable player around.

If you really want to see an "idiot" look into the mirror and analyze what you see there.

Have  nice day.

That's the problem right there "when talking to people looking at it from the outside". We, "brainwashed fanboys" follow the development of the game, we participate in tests like Experimental and report our findings to the community and the developers. We want to have an active roll in helping with development, we want to see how the direction of the game goes and we keep up with what the developers are communicating to us.

As I already said peolpe who have criticism don't get bashed and censored unless they are just blatantly throwing negative unconstructed criticism. Those people get bashed and censored. As long as you post your criticism in a constructive and a fair way and the facts are reliable, then that's welcome. That is also the kind of criticism the developers need.

And really, fanboy? That word is a bit like the word racism is nowadays. It doesn't really have a meaning anymore because it's being used so frequently and used in the wrong ways. What is a fanboy anyway? A person who likes to play DayZ? Sure, I'm a fanboy then, sign me up. I guess a fanboy is someone who thinks everything is holy and nothing is wrong. I'm not that kind of person, if there is something I don't like I'll share my opinion but I do that in a constructive way. But keep in mind, it has to be realistic. Something like "boohoo they did an update on friday and now we can't play Experimental, fix it NOW!" is not realistic. Because that's not what Experimental is for which is clearly mentioned, hence my "kind of answer".

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

So Monday at the Latest for the Experimental servers to be back up :) Nice, Can't wait soo excited only been on Experimental servers for like 10 mins as a whole :D really enjoyed it. All these Salty kids jesus, do you Kids not realise that its experimental (Experiment on it E.G. testing bugs and problems) SMH at you Whining little kids :D but great news that its going to be back Monday!! 

34 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

Have  nice day.

Hi Chris.

You have no fucking idea what it's like dealing with wave after wave of ignorant whining idiots for the last 4 1/2 years.

They come onto this forum acting like they deserve equal say but then show their intense ignorance almost immediately.

The people complaining in this thread are CHILDREN.

If you have so many issues with DayZ and the course and delays of the development path PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE.

The community is only toxic because of ignorance and CoD kiddies.

Ignorance perpetuated by entitled, whiny, impatient, unappreciative, CHILDREN.

I've been waiting my whole life for this fucking game and have had more enjoyment playing with and contributing to DayZ development than any other game in over 35 years of gaming!

We have an awesome group of regulars in these build threads and it would be advantageous for the newer members to LURK MOAR and figure out what is considered acceptable and constructive to the conversations here.

"DayZ community is toxic!" WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What a bunch of parroted bullshit.

The DayZ community is what you make of it and you've just shown how impressionable, ignorant, and toxic you can be, congratulations.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, IMT said:

That's the problem right there "when talking to people looking at it from the outside". We, "brainwashed fanboys" follow the development of the game, we participate in tests like Experimental and report our findings to the community and the developers. We want to have an active roll in helping with development, we want to see how the direction of the game goes and we keep up with what the developers are communicating to us.

As I already said peolpe who have criticism don't get bashed and censored unless they are just blatantly throwing negative unconstructed criticism. Those people get bashed and censored. As long as you post your criticism in a constructive and a fair way and the facts are reliable, then that's welcome. That is also the kind of criticism the developers need.

And really, fanboy? That word is a bit like the word racism is nowadays. It doesn't really have a meaning anymore because it's being used so frequently and used in the wrong ways. What is a fanboy anyway? A person who likes to play DayZ? Sure, I'm a fanboy then, sign me up. I guess a fanboy is someone who things everything is holy and nothing is wrong. I'm not that kind of person, if there is something I don't like I'll share my opinion but I do that in a constructive way. But keep in mind, it has to be realistic. Something like "boohoo they did an update on friday and now we can't play Experimental, fix it NOW!" is not realistic. Because that's not what Experimental is for which is clearly mentioned, hence my "kind of answer".

Please spare me your selfrightousness and reread you initial answer which was neither constructive and full of crazy assumptions and insults.
But maybe you have the right to do so, because you believe you are one of the good guys who only wish the best for the game.

BTW, I did not say "Fix it now", I said fix it or rollback.
Reality is, that once a new experimental branch is out the stable servers get emptied and everyone and his sister are playing experimental.
Responsible managment would take that into account, wouldn't it?

My impression still is, that BI simply has made enough money out of DayZ already, so they have no reason to invest more since the cow has been milked successfully and they try to milk it a little more,
e.g. by ripping off the admins. And I'm not running a server and complaining. I just like playing the game.

And after playing and watching DayZ since a couple of years now, my impression is, that the Devs are overstrained and don't get the resources they'd need to really finish this game.
I have the impression BI is simply not seriously interested in DayZ.

That impression may be wrong, but it is the result of watching a painful development process which has been going on for too long the way it is now.
The reason why I after all these years finally answered to this thread, simply is because maybe this new "WTF ? Moment" was the one too much to stay silent again.
I just wonder what happened to the millions of $$ revenue made with DayZ and how does that relate to the current situation and an amateur grade patch policy which leaves the experimental system down over a whole weekend?
Bugs are okay, but an inability to roll back if a patch breaks the whole thing like in this incident - sorry - this has nothing to do with development branch, Alpha prerelease , instable nature of experimental branch or anything.
It's simply a complete management failure.

And if all my impressions are wrong - which is totally possible - I'd be glad to listen to a plausible explanation of this ridiculous situation and long term process characteristics.
No - I'm not impatient. I am concerned about a great game which gets destroyed by its company slice by slice over a loooong time.

6 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

No - I'm not impatient. I am concerned about a great game which gets destroyed by its company slice by slice over a loooong time.

No one has the patience to hold your hand if you haven't had the patience to keep up and stay properly objective about this process.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's your borked build song folks!!

• Like 1

I really like to see all these complains and whines, that means they really love 0.61 and cannot live without it, keep the goob job :D

24 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

Please spare me your selfrightousness and reread you initial answer which was neither constructive and full of crazy assumptions and insults.
But maybe you have the right to do so, because you believe you are one of the good guys who only wish the best for the game.

BTW, I did not say "Fix it now", I said fix it or rollback.
Reality is, that once a new experimental branch is out the stable servers get emptied and everyone and his sister are playing experimental.
Responsible managment would take that into account, wouldn't it?

My impression still is, that BI simply has made enough money out of DayZ already, so they have no reason to invest more since the cow has been milked successfully and they try to milk it a little more,
e.g. by ripping off the admins. And I'm not running a server and complaining. I just like playing the game.

And after playing and watching DayZ since a couple of years now, my impression is, that the Devs are overstrained and don't get the resources they'd need to really finish this game.
I have the impression BI is simply not seriously interested in DayZ.

That impression may be wrong, but it is the result of watching a painful development process which has been going on for too long the way it is now.
The reason why I after all these years finally answered to this thread, simply is because maybe this new "WTF ? Moment" was the one too much to stay silent again.
I just wonder what happened to the millions of $$ revenue made with DayZ and how does that relate to the current situation and an amateur grade patch policy which leaves the experimental system down over a whole weekend?
Bugs are okay, but an inability to roll back if a patch breaks the whole thing like in this incident - sorry - this has nothing to do with development branch, Alpha prerelease , instable nature of experimental branch or anything.
It's simply a complete management failure.

And if all my impressions are wrong - which is totally possible - I'd be glad to listen to a plausible explanation of this ridiculous situation and long term process characteristics.

You really don't get it, do you? You say that you followed the development but your post totally contradicts this. If you have actually followed the development actively then you should know why shit takes so long, what happened with all the money, etc. They all explained this. Just as they explained why the servers are down and what Experimental is meant for. But still, you keep asking why they made this decision while Brian Hicks, the freaking lead developer himself has explained why. So what is it now? Do you follow the development and read up on shit or not?

You're making yourself look like a fool, again. Please stop this nonesense, sir!

8 minutes ago, tw0311 said:

Any idea of when new items/guns will be added to experimental?

As far as I know they are not going to add new guns in 0.61. I believe there aren't going to be new guns until beta but don't take my word for it.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, tw0311 said:

Any idea of when new items/guns will be added to experimental?

I don't believe new weapons will be added until the Player Controller is fully implemented which, I'm guessing, won't be until early next year.

21 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Hi Chris.

You have no fucking idea what it's like dealing with wave after wave of ignorant whining idiots for the last 4 1/2 years.

They come onto this forum acting like they deserve equal say but then show their intense ignorance almost immediately.

The people complaining in this thread are CHILDREN.

If you have so many issues with DayZ and the course and delays of the development path PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE.

The community is only toxic because of ignorance and CoD kiddies.

Ignorance perpetuated by entitled, whiny, impatient, unappreciative, CHILDREN.

I've been waiting my whole life for this fucking game and have had more enjoyment playing with and contributing to DayZ development than any other game in over 35 years of gaming!

We have an awesome group of regulars in these build threads and it would be advantageous for the newer members to LURK MOAR and figure out what is considered acceptable and constructive to the conversations here.

"DayZ community is toxic!" WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What a bunch of parroted bullshit.

The DayZ community is what you make of it and you've just shown how impressionable, ignorant, and toxic you can be, congratulations.

"You have no fucking idea what it's like dealing with wave after wave of ignorant whining idiots for the last 4 1/2 years."
You have no idea what I have an idea about or not. Totally not. You just assume stuff from your past experience with whatever.

"The community is only toxic because of ignorance and CoD kiddies."
Maybe. Then please do not behave like them in your first reflexes towards people expressing negativity as a reaction to the crap happening so often.

"If you have so many issues with DayZ and the course and delays of the development path PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE."
OFC I could leave - but that wouldn't change the fact you and especially the admins are getting ripped off and your patience gets abused.
Yup. Abused patience of an originally goodwilling community which has landed somewhere not so good over the course of time.

"The DayZ community is what you make of it and you've just shown how impressionable, ignorant, and toxic you can be, congratulations."
Utter BS. I'm admittedly harsh about certain things and after not participating in the discussion for a long time felt like replying. Which doesn't imply I have just started reading.
Again: Just because I don't share your view it doesn't mean I'm automagically wrong, right? And the brainwash disease of the community can need need a bit of bitter medicine.
But just because I don't like certain things about something it doesn't mean I'll abandon it right away, okay?

11 minutes ago, wasnu said:

there is an 27mb exp. update incoming

Interesting, usually they don't work the week-ends. I wonder what it is. If it's a fix, that would show how dedicated the developers are.

Edit: Build number: 0.61.136428

Looks like a decreased build number, roll back perhaps?

Edit edit: servers are up!

Edit edit edit: no wipe, will report how the performance is.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

no wipe and servers running fine.

we will see what happens when they are full

Thank you devs....one beer tonight will be paid from me :)

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

I was just about to say there's no way they fixed that server crash overnight on a friday...

13 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Hicks -

I've sent you 2 forties of colt 45 , a 3 liter of Mountain Dew Supernova , and a special little pillow you sit on so hemmies aren't created during long coding sessions . We expect Dayz 1.0 by Monday .

sincerely,

The Management .

Never underestimate the power of beer.

• Like 3