Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

11 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Well i don't know about you but i am playing on US servers.

EXP servers?

• Like 1

While we're all twiddling our thumbs, I got shot this morning (close range, shotgun) - it didn't damage my gun, which stayed pristine, but did damage the ammo in my gun (the 5 rounds in my mosin went from pristine to badly damaged). Is that new?  I don't recall seeing that before. 

• Like 1

You can find the latest news on twitter (DayZ Development) if the servers are coming online again they will post it there...

• Like 1

Is there a discord or TS for exp. ? Please message me link/server info if you have it.

• Like 1

I think this ist the best way to write something important... or use the feedback tracker to report bugs...

• Like 1

Well I can't get any servers to show up... When I started the game, it innstalled the new update / patch, but no servers show up in my browser... The wbpage sais the servers are online, but that is not the case...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rokvam said:

Well I can't get any servers to show up... When I started the game, it innstalled the new update / patch, but no servers show up in my browser... The wbpage sais the servers are online, but that is not the case...

As the servers reach a certain amount of failure, the infrastructure will keep them offline pending investigation of the failure. 

In other words, too many crashes = servers stay offline.

• Like 3

All of them?

I can't get any servers to show up, even when I tag the "full servers" option...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

As the servers reach a certain amount of failure, the infrastructure will keep them offline pending investigation of the failure. 

In other words, too many crashes = servers stay offline.

Are there any plans to make adjustments to the build available on EXP branch before Monday?  Perhaps there is a parallel build that might have more success on the public test servers?  In any case, have a good weekend.

• Like 1

Yeah, would be nice to know if it will be worth to go back to 0.60 or just wait a little bit more for the fix

• Like 1

Yup, caught the edit.  Darn.

• Like 1

I'd like to think I do follow the development a little, was there nothing to be learned from running the previous build a couple more days and dropping this Monday?

I seem to recall something to do with persistence and the 3 day max between patch/wipes hiding a game breaking problem that made it to stable.

Not telling anyone how to do their job but this sounds like a no brainier to this layman. 

FRIDAY PATCH!

17 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I'd like to think I do follow the development a little, was there nothing to be learned from running the previous build a couple more days and dropping this Monday?

I seem to recall something to do with persistence and the 3 day max between patch/wipes hiding a game breaking problem that made it to stable.

Not telling anyone how to do their job but this sounds like a no brainier to this layman. 

FRIDAY PATCH!

Nope, we push what we need data on.
Don't expect a new build late on a Friday night - we'll get back on it on Monday. 

• Like 6

Hicks -

I've sent you 2 forties of colt 45 , a 3 liter of Mountain Dew Supernova , and a special little pillow you sit on so hemmies aren't created during long coding sessions . We expect Dayz 1.0 by Monday .

sincerely,

The Management .

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

Hicks -

I've sent you 2 forties of colt 45 , a 3 liter of Mountain Dew Supernova , and a special little pillow you sit on so hemmies aren't created during long coding sessions . We expect Dayz 1.0 by Monday .

sincerely,

The Management .

I can happen.. right?  I mean.. what's the problem with this?  :P

Meanwhile, back at the ranch..  

I wonder what the "Christmas Patch" will bring this year..  ?  Looking forward to seeing what surprises come.

29 minutes ago, antykain said:

I wonder what the "Christmas Patch" will bring this year..  ?  Looking forward to seeing what surprises come.

Last year hicks teased that we might see a helicopter as a christmas present to play with... That was last christmas XD

So maybe we've behaved well enough this year for my wish to come true!

21 minutes ago, FlimFlamm said:

Last year hicks teased that we might see a helicopter as a christmas present to play with... That was last christmas XD

So maybe we've behaved well enough this year for my wish to come true!

If we get 0.61 on Stable with the crashes and blockers fixed for Christmas I will be ecstatic.

That and a banana holster.

Edited by plasteek
  • Like 2

Where is my experimental servers! Hands in the air!! oops wrong game! :D

image.jpg

I know nothing about programming, so, is there any particular reason why you release a patch friday afternoon if you're not working weekend?
I would, for example, never cut a water pipe if I didnt have time to fix the acute problems that arise afterwards.

Im sure its different. But thats how I think and work.