Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

4 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache?

correct, i have done it already 10 times this morning just in case one file is damaged.

5 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

correct, i have done it already 10 times this morning just in case one file is damaged.

there is virtually no reason to verify your game cache that many times.

Also, like many others, I was able to "play" for about two minutes (tops) before the server died. 

Edited by America Online

4 minutes ago, America Online said:

there is virtually no reason to verify your game cache that many times.

Also, like many others, I was able to "play" for about two minutes (tops) before the server died. 

No your right, there is no reason to do that. It is force of habit when doing live updates for arma 3.

@jappegaming  Nice Screenshot, i like to see more quality ones like this.

Honestly I don't understand the complaints about server crashing or people trying to explain what is experimental branch. First of all you guys wasted 2 pages answering a question which could of been used for better purposes. Second of all it doesn't matter if servers are crashing. In development there are multiple branches and versions. We only see 2 of them which are exp/stable. Nothing is stopping the devs from uploading a new update from a different branch with a newer version. Or it could be as simple as changing a few lines of code and uploading a new patch. Or it may require more work. And it takes until Monday. No big deal a few days lost. Lastly do understand that server crashes and client crashes are two separate things. We do not collect server logs...hence the name server logs. Log in, play and let the server crash. The logs are auto created and the devs take a look and fix accordingly. Take a chill pill and let the devs do what they do best. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShallowTech said:

Dude are you just trolling? This is experimental, what don't you fools not understand about that? Go to stable if you just want to play, exp. is for those willing to suffer through and help with development, load testing, etc.

That being said, is there any thing I can do on my end, enable debugging, collect logs, etc. If there is a thread that explains what I should do to help, information that I need to gather, please link it.

I found this 6 month old reddit post via googling win 10 dayz crashdump. https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/4lvy43/where_can_i_find_the_crash_dumps_and_where_do_i/

I believe you need to enable the launch option in steam "-dologs" for the data to be created.

Just did this for myself since crashes are back.  Haven't tested yet...

56 minutes ago, WyldTangents said:

Fuck em, if they lack the brainpower to see that they are wrong, then they won't contribute anything good to the community when they play. I'm not going to tread carefully just because someone is butthurt they don't know how to read.

I gotta agree with @VahidkinG(2ndAcc) on trying to be at least a little bit helpful and a lot less overtly rude, if you are going to call someone out for ignorance.  

If you intend to engage someone and tell them they are wrong, you should at least make an effort to understand why they might be wrong, and help them along to a better line of questioning.

For me, butthurt is a trigger word, that indicates you might not be in the right place either; it adds nothing of value to the discussion.

How's testing going?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

How's testing going?

Hard atm, up and down. I believe all servers offline atm prob for another fast patch.

Got it, created a issue and submitted both files. Thank you for the information, I glanced over that earlier! Probably helps to read it thoroughly... Part of my problem.

• Like 1

I just noticed.  I guess I should have tried logging in before catching up on the forum.

3 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I just noticed.  I guess I should have tried logging in before catching up on the forum.

Hard to tell, it was up and repatched, down up etc.. so you might have caught one coming down 10 minutes ago.

Hopefully I dont get negative views by you guys about again posting screenshot but I think this one is nice :DD

EAD85B45182053E5816419DD70A70EB50E162EFC

• Like 4

I don't think Dean is doing the Dab correctly, @jappegaming.   Was this photo taken before, or after you took his kiwi?

15 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Hard to tell, it was up and repatched, down up etc.. so you might have caught one coming down 10 minutes ago.

Just looked again, and it seems only AUS and SNG servers are up now.

3 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

not yet, they just came back down

Damn i was just about to check, well it is experimental after all. All and all, the new builds are always worth the small hassles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dgr099 said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I don't understand how you can release a version of the game, and with it comes 100 different problems (some new some old), every patch, please explain?

When they are constantly crashing, they wont get back up basically.

Bug, probably common atm.

Load game see no character on screen. Happens a few times, once in awhile i see a character loading above my name.

Now it is not there.

Edited by sneakydude

People should appreciate games like Dayz, that do get updated often. 75% of early access is dead in the water.

• Like 1

Why is the update released Friday evening? I understand that some tests are important but the time is not very nice for all who want to play and test things on the exp. Servers during the weekend and I think even not nice for them who had to worke on it now...

Is someone working on it and can we expect a hotfix during the weekend?

48 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I believe you need to enable the launch option in steam "-dologs" for the data to be created.

Just did this for myself since crashes are back.  Haven't tested yet...

i don't use startup parameters, and every "... the memory at... referenced at... could not be written" error properly created a logfile and loged the error in the DayZ.rpt file.

some patches ago we were told not to use any startup parameter including -dologs (because it could cause more issues) and i guess that's still valid.

the crashes to the desktop back then didn't write any logs or crashdumps, but in 0.61 100% of the crashes did.

4 minutes ago, Schwelmer said:

Why is the update released Friday evening? I understand that some tests are important but the time is not very nice for all who want to play and test things on the exp. Servers during the weekend and I think even not nice for them who had to worke on it now...

This is the test, I think they probably want to roll out before the weekend to get as many people testing as possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Schwelmer said:

for sure, and next time you cry about missing updates....45 years in alpha and nothing works ;)

its so hard to understand that exp is exactly for this and not for your fun to play?

ok...i know there are many peps like you out there

• Like 1