Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136468

5 minutes ago, Lcupcake said:

it was back since the svd came out ^^

With 0.60 I only saw PSO 1-1 ... never PSO-1

Even in Videos/screenshots/twitch ... but perhaps i'm wrong.

guys....this is unstable

you can go to 0.60 this is the stable version and have some fun there.

i like the 0.61 so i just need to wait

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dgr099 said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I don't understand how you can release a version of the game, and with it comes 100 different problems (some new some old), every patch, please explain?

I'm sorry, but do you know how games are made?? Are you an expert coder with flawless skills? 

Of course, when making big changes like the engine itself (graphic, sound, mechanics, etc.) there is bound to be some bugs, thus why the experimental branch exists.

We need to test, collect data, and fix them before it reaches stable. Most of the big bugs/glitches can't be found within the internal testing.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Solus Lupus said:

With 0.60 I only saw PSO 1-1 ... never PSO-1

Even in Videos/screenshots/twitch ... but perhaps i'm wrong.

had like tons of pso-1 scope, even pull it off from svd's and put to the AK's 

11 minutes ago, Dgr099 said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I don't understand how you can release a version of the game, and with it comes 100 different problems (some new some old), every patch, please explain?

It won't be possible to explain it to you, if you don't understand the issues around development and bugs then you won't allow someone to explain it to you properly.

• Like 1

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I'm sorry if it's a bit "off-topic", and I don't want to bother you, but I've asked this about 25 times since 0.30 : Are there any plans to either remove, or change the 30 round STANAG coupled mag (60 rounds total) ? Will it have it's own animation for quick reloads, as it always bothered me that the bullets "magically" goes from one mag straight into the chamber and out, without having to reload after the first 30 rounds are fired. 

Also, I remember about 18 months ago, there was some talk about having a 100 round double drum mag for 5.56 weapons, and at first I though it was gonna replace the "faulty" 60 round coupled mag, but there was never any mention about it further on. 

Thanks again Hicks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dgr099 said:

This isn't a game, it is a dev build. Not sure what you guys expect? Either here to wait, put in your input when its more stable to join or play something different.

Do read the top of the forum it might explain more things. If you don't understand that development process, then nobody can explain anymore.

The game is back at .60 until .61 or .62 goes to stable. We are here to progress that, and by telling the devs . Time out errors disconnects helps.

That's all you and i can do, is wait.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dgr099 said:

Dude are you just trolling? This is experimental, what don't you fools not understand about that? Go to stable if you just want to play, exp. is for those willing to suffer through and help with development, load testing, etc.

That being said, is there any thing I can do on my end, enable debugging, collect logs, etc. If there is a thread that explains what I should do to help, information that I need to gather, please link it.

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dgr099 said:

How idiotic do you have to be to not understand what a TESTING branch is?? If you want stable, then play the STABLE branch? There should be an IQ test for Dev so that people like you that bitch about the stuff that YOU SHOULDN'T be bitching about can't use it.

Stable is for people who want: 

No planned crashes 

Consistent gameplay within the current patch environment. (Meaning that some gameplay may be unavailable due to the nature of EARLY ACCESS)

Dev is for:

TESTING

BUG FIXING

NON-CONSISTENT GAMEPLAY WITHIN THE TESTING PATCH (Meaning that new features will be here most likely, in a BROKEN state)

Edited by WyldTangents

6 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Dude are you just trolling? This is experimental, what don't you fools not understand about that? Go to stable if you just want to play, exp. is for those willing to suffer through and help with development, load testing, etc.

That being said, is there any thing I can do on my end, enable debugging, collect logs, etc. If there is a thread that explains what I should do to help, information that I need to gather, please link it.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

Go to that link for bug posting

6 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

i guess your logs wont tell much (unless -dologs is enabled, in case this still exists. the use of any startup parameters can cuse more issues, so we shouldn'T use any). i think the only thing you can do in order to help is trying to reproduce bugs (that weren'T reproducable yet) or finding new ones. and provide crash logs (in the feedback tracker) when your game crashes.

okay, looks like I had an account already too :-) thanks again for the info.

Guys, this is a bad way to explain things to someone. this is bad when you see the bigger picture, communications shouldn't be rude even if people being sneaky or sarcastic. either don't answer them or don't be rude when you do. there is a chance of him not knowing what experimental is or how development is and he just wants answers to something he doesn't know.

• Like 1

Rpt Errors Pretty random...

Time: 13:13:03
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00AA19C0
Old crashdump deleted: C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\DayZ\DayZ-2016-08-23-17-52-36.bidmp
Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
graphics:  EnfusionEngineWrapper
resolution:  1920x1017x32

Mods: DZ
Distribution: 0
Version 0.61.136468
Fault address:  00AA19C0 01:006A09C0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
file:     intro
world:    ChernarusPlus
Prev. code bytes: 7D 1A 8D 45 54 B9 03 00 00 00 8D 04 90 2B CA 90
Fault code bytes: 29 70 0C 8D 40 04 FF 48 FC 49 75 F4 C7 43 1C 00

Registers:
EAX:FCFBCD28 EBX:01039F9C
ECX:0101F4AE EDX:FEFE0B55
ESI:00000000 EDI:12242188
CS:EIP:0023:00AA19C0
SS:ESP:002B:018FFEC8  EBP:01039F80
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00210213
=======================================================

R/W to memory - dump error it appears.

4 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

Guys, this is a bad way to explain things to someone. this is bad when you see the bigger picture, communications shouldn't be rude even if people being sneaky or sarcastic. either don't answer them or don't be rude when you do. there is a chance of him not knowing what experimental is or how development is and he just wants answers to something he doesn't know.

No mercy for those that go through the effort to make an account on the forum and comment:

I don't understand how you can release a version of the game, and with it comes 100 different problems (some new some old), every patch, please explain?

They refuse to spend time looking at what an early access game is, what is entailed when playing on EXPERIMENTAL branch and not STABLE. You have to go out of your way to play on Exp. so no mercy for those that stick around and continue to ask the same dumb questions that have driven away lots of the testing community since alpher came out.

• Like 1

For those that have not read the exp / unstable forums topic header

Experimental Patch Discussion

Discussions related to the experimental branch of DayZ.

Please note: Experimental updates can come at any time, with any frequency. Things can be removed from the build at a moments notice and many of these changes are half finished and will be modified or even removed entirely prior to going to stable and many of which you will not see (on database side for example) They are development snapshots used for testing experimental work so producing patch notes is not possible. Experimental is not the place for strong user experiences, it's for testing new systems. 

Feel free to use these forums to discuss specific experimental patches and things you have found.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Rpt Errors Pretty random...

Time: 13:13:03
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 00AA19C0
Old crashdump deleted: C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\DayZ\DayZ-2016-08-23-17-52-36.bidmp
Allocator: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\dll\tbb4malloc_bi.dll
graphics:  EnfusionEngineWrapper
resolution:  1920x1017x32

Mods: DZ
Distribution: 0
Version 0.61.136468
Fault address:  00AA19C0 01:006A09C0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ\DayZ.exe
file:     intro
world:    ChernarusPlus
Prev. code bytes: 7D 1A 8D 45 54 B9 03 00 00 00 8D 04 90 2B CA 90
Fault code bytes: 29 70 0C 8D 40 04 FF 48 FC 49 75 F4 C7 43 1C 00

Registers:
EAX:FCFBCD28 EBX:01039F9C
ECX:0101F4AE EDX:FEFE0B55
ESI:00000000 EDI:12242188
CS:EIP:0023:00AA19C0
SS:ESP:002B:018FFEC8  EBP:01039F80
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00210213
=======================================================

R/W to memory - dump error it appears.

Don't post that here, that doesn't help them. Please post it in the proper channels over at: https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/2/

Again, please post there! That's their main source of curating bugs and other things that are in dev patch.

@WyldTangents yes, i know there is a topic that says what experimental branch is, hell there is a really big message that says what alpha is when you launch the game and some people doesn't understand it. i'm not defending the guy by any means, im just saying we already lost a lot of community going that road. when you being rude even to someone that is being an ignorant piece of shit, that doesn't just affect that one guys, this is an official forum it affects any one who sees it and you can't be sure you don't lose more of the community when you being rude to one guy. 

Just Ignore this people, that's the best way to deal with it or answering politely. 

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

@WyldTangents yes, i know there is a topic that says what experimental branch is, hell there is a really bug message that says what alpha is when you launch the game and some people doesn't understand it. i'm not defending the guy by any means, im just saying we already lost a lot of community going that road. when you being rude even to someone that is being an ignorant piece of shit, that doesn't just affect that one guys, this is an official forum it affects any one who sees it and you can't be sure you don't lose more of the community when you being rude to one guy. 

Fuck em, if they lack the brainpower to see that they are wrong, then they won't contribute anything good to the community when they play. I'm not going to tread carefully just because someone is butthurt they don't know how to read.

sure I will ignore going forward. so you know I understand communication and ethics, it is just irritating when people post comments being nasty to the developers when they are obviously working hard to debug and improve the game.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WyldTangents said:

Fuck em, if they lack the brainpower to see that they are wrong, then they won't contribute anything good to the community when they play. I'm not going to tread carefully just because someone is butthurt they don't know how to read.

well, that's my opinion. i don't think this is the best way to approach this. 

think positive...someone tries to kos me and server went down.

now i "life" on an other server and do my testing ;)

and please, stop that bitching or fishing for compliments, its not the right place here

thanks

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WyldTangents said:

While the guys tone was shitty, we can try to be the better internet citizen.

I know I can come down harsh on ignorance but it's usually with at least some effort to inform and a level of civility.

I do appreciate your passion to contribute in a constructive manner Wyld and also appreciate people keeping the important threads "clean".

Can I interest you in an avatar?

bYimrOT.png

qCQdfoZ.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

sure I will ignore going forward. so you know I understand communication and ethics, it is just irritating when people post comments being nasty to the developers when they are obviously working hard to debug and improve the game.

well that hurt's me too, trust me. i'm here since the very beginning of development and i have a lot of respect for developers of this game. i think this kind of communications don't just hurt the community, this even affect devs and that's why i do all this talking.

Edit: well, enough of this, i agree with biohaze too, let's keep this topic clean :)

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chris McKillroy said:

I think BI has set the dev team on a deathmarch project

DayZ is a decade long project and I believe most of the devs are quite happy with that if it makes an infamous game into an epic polished masterpiece with countless mods.

• Like 2