Sign in to follow this  
Zing Freelancer

How long tents/barrels last?

I've had barrels up for 3 months at a time and they stay. I've had a blue tent up for 3 months also. I've even gone about a month without touching some barrels or tents and they don't dissapear. 

I wouldn't make huge bases in stable though, .61 should be coming soon enough.

4 hours ago, sneakydude said:

I think it was mentioned 6-8 days or something when it is complete.

Real world days or in game days?

37 minutes ago, Zing Freelancer said:

Real world days or in game days?

He's saying when the devs are done with persistence they will last up to 6-8 days, but no one knows for sure; everything is subject to change. They lasted 6-8 days towards the end of .59 stable.

Like i told you, now they last a very long time. :]

3 minutes ago, zin0 said:

He's saying when the devs are done with persistence they will last up to 6-8 days, but no one knows for sure; everything is subject to change. They lasted 6-8 days towards the end of .59 stable.

Like i told you, now they last a very long time. :]

I am on a server where daytime shifts at least twice a day. So I ask again, 6-8 days according to game clock or real world clock?

7 hours ago, Zing Freelancer said:

I am on a server where daytime shifts at least twice a day. So I ask again, 6-8 days according to game clock or real world clock?

All of those numbers are real world days and hours, not in-game time.  As mentioned above everything is subject to change without notice.

Theoretically, in .60 stable, barrels last 8 days (real world). Interacting with their inventory resets the timer. Mil tents last 45 days (real world). Interacting with their inventory will NOT reset the timer - you have to empty them, pack them and put them up again for that.

In practice, I think there is some evidence of variation on this theory.