Sign in to follow this  
Wili

Increase Log Out Timer

Hi, I think the log off timer is too short for a game like Dayz.

I think it would be nice to have a 30/40 seconds of logging off while in game (like the video), being able to look around and cancelling the log off if you want (you would cancel the log off by moving your character, shooting punching, etc.)

and when that first online count finishes your character would remain 30 secs more ingame, like it is now. The total count for logging off would be a minute or so (30s ingame + 30s offline). If you close the game on purpose (Alt+F4) for example you character would remain 1 min ingame.

41 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Any reasons why it's too short ? Or just because ?

Some times combat in Dayz is slow paced and a player can log off quickly (30 secs) for avoiding the fight.

Also I think when a player is logging off, the count should reset after every hit on the player, I've seen videos where a logging off player was being hit by players and the player who was logging off just disappeared.

Edited by Wili

I like the idea of only looking around, but not moving/shooting or actions awaiting the log out. I would add the players eyes slowly closing (vignette) to simulate falling asleep.

This I posted in one Anti server hopping thread:

Maybe I'm thinking a bit to simplistic, but why not make the log out system have your character remain on the server for 2 or more minutes longer in a sleep position?  During this time you can be found and killed, and you cannot log in on another server.

This will force players to seek a safe space ;) to log out. Log out time will make hopping servers dangerous and time consuming.

I think BI needs to make sure the servers are stable, with a solid net code. When a player connection is lost the in game character should fall and go into the sleep animation. When the connection comes back alive the player's eyes open as he stands up. Maybe, if the connection has more then normal ping and or packet loss, a small packet loss +ping graph should appear in a corner alerting and warning the player with numbers and colours indication the severity of the connections' problems. Information that will help players to choose a better server and or internet provider.

A sleeping position while login out would be cool.

maybe logging out of game should be nerfed somehow.
one thing what i have thought that you should only able log out without consequences in bed/your tent or sleeping bags etc etc...
if you log out in middle of forest,maybe your gear should be visible 30 min or something.
but when logging out on beds or tents etc...no visible gear.
it also simulate sleeping.
and one thing,logging out without blanket or tents or bed,you should log in with some disease(flu)...and thirsty and hungry.

45 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

maybe logging out of game should be nerfed somehow.
one thing what i have thought that you should only able log out without consequences in bed/your tent or sleeping bags etc etc...
if you log out in middle of forest,maybe your gear should be visible 30 min or something.
but when logging out on beds or tents etc...no visible gear.
it also simulate sleeping.
and one thing,logging out without blanket or tents or bed,you should log in with some disease(flu)...and thirsty and hungry.

For the casual or new player, running to a specific kind of house to find a bed just to log out will only raise frustrations. 

I think the best fix for this would simply be to make the respawn timer to like 2 minutes when killed, a sort of timer (visual or literal) while unconscious, and when you're logging out - Have a signal that will either let you do so (Not in combat) or forbid the button from being pressed because you were attacked in the last 30 seconds or so.

Raising the log out timer to 15-30 seconds with a resting animation would be great though.