Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136403

Hey guys, we put out another exp update today - this one aimed at:

- Server crash fix (Not all of them!)
- Some gunshots not being triggered for people (should help with cracks, whizzes, etc)
- Desync of hands slot
- Desync of dropped items
- Some server perf tweaks
- Map changes

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 12

Woo! I am liking these quick updates. Was there a character wipe with this patch?

• Like 1

good job!

and now its time for an budweiser for you devs...

8 pm is an perfect time for an good beer ;)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JBURNS489 said:

Woo! I am liking these quick updates. Was there a character wipe with this patch?

yes

• Like 2

I didn't read the posts from this morning on the old experimental thread. My bad :) 

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 1

Went to the new military base above Staroye with a random survivor, looks pretty cool.

20161130212546_1.jpg

20161130212259_1.jpg

20161130212354_1.jpg

• Like 6

to many weapons and firearms... i've literally found a house with 2 shotguns, and trumpet w/scope and its almost every 7 "loot places", that manage to spawn loot.

Alot of "duplicate" spawns, a car with 4 gas lamps? easy

Edited by AgainstAllAutority

Somehow everyone I encounter is "naked" and none of their gear is showing up. Same applies to me, everyone saw me as a "naked" character, even though I had found some clothing and changed.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Somehow everyone I encounter is "naked" and none of their gear is showing up. Same applies to me, everyone saw me as a "naked" character, even though I had found some clothing and changed.

I had exactly the same, even couldn't see the items he dropped on the floor. A relog fixxed this for me.

• Like 3

So excited to go explore the new map changes tonight! 

• Like 3

Inspecting GaryWalnuts' handy work.... we met and thought we should scour the North mil areas together.

gFeQTNP.jpg

Kamensk and Tisy mil related changes, a long stretch of wrecks from the debug outside Tisy as well:

zs8oJXa.jpg

ZX9PaDf.jpg

XkebugM.jpg

zTwMhok.jpg

cxG1Nxg.jpg

cJIjNt5.jpg

fivYRhW.jpg

xpaZwap.jpg

• Like 6

That was a pleasant surprise when I saw my screenshot used in the dev team tweet :) @emuthreat and @starvingart you are both in the screenshot

Played on a 1pp server for some time. The general performance did not improve compared to the last iterations - I'd say it even got worse. The infected had an "force grappling hook" and did pull me back through walls and made the fights very unpleasant.

I discovered a  small military outpost near the Berezino Hospital and one near the crossroads between Berezino/Gorka/Polana/Dubrovka. That's a nice addition: found a uk vest and a tactical shirt and boots. Is the location based loot already working?

Before going in the forest west of Vyshnaya Dubrovka I heard a barking while looting the last house. Some wolves started to attack the infected. I did watch the attack from the house. Some infected did aggro on me and did stand in front of the window while the wolves continued to attack them. Luckily I had enough 9mm rounds and started to take out the wolves - but then the server did crash again (happened twice within 1 hour).

9wywCFw.jpg

Edited by bingo_fuel
  • Like 6

It seems that there is always a wipe on the day that I survive the night.

Sorry @Kohlbar, I ran my ass all the way up to Tisy and back for that thingamabob, and fought off 7 wolves along the way.  Such is Exp.

Found a single wolf battling some infected in Pavlovo base last night.  New guy hanging out on the TS shot it, and we cooked it up in a pot on the stone fireplace and ate it before checking out ZG.?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 6

Got in for an hour before cooking dinner, ran right through Elektro and only saw one infected at the firehall but found at least a dozen at the summer camp.

Got the next two days off work, woohoo! 

Played about 4 hours with emuthreat, GaryWalnuts, and starvingart.

Meeting up with art we began a tour of Tisy base and then met up with Gary and finished looting there.

FgseuPM.jpg

h9IReTo.jpg

MksRojg.jpg

Gary, art, and I arrived at Sinistok and I immediately heard some deer.

I was able to track them over the ridge North of Sinistok and drive them back towards the apple orchard where Gary and art shot them.

emuthreat joined us just at the conclusion of the hunt and we began to cook.

aRADh2Q.jpg

XbO0x6L.jpg

sXCFR3T.jpg

After a good meal we set off to see the changes at Myshkino.

mEH4wIe.jpg

SVu5iKI.jpg

Very significant!

We picked off a few infected for some no scope fun before leaving and ended up using more ammo than we found for our AKM's....

So a quick pop over to Sosnovka was our best last chance to restock before logging.

b7LsVlR.jpg

nOCcQKy.jpg

Just when we were looking for a spot to log we caught the interest of one last infected.

3 of us surrounded it and pounded it down in short order.

f8HF4hd.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

The Map changes are insanely good so far. 

Very good job!

• Like 3

Managed to test defibrillator's functionality with @emuthreat today. Stun baton is a very reliable way to knock people out and it leaves them with an irregular pulse. Using a Defibrillator while the victim is unconscious with an irregular heartbeat doesn't kill them and returns their pulse to normal. However, irregular pulse doesn't seem to have any negative effects at the moment, as I stunned and revived emu once more without the defib and he's still going strong with an irregular pulse hours later.

• Like 7

I think the rate in which you get hypothermic should be dialed down a little. I died due to it within about 15 minutes 3 times in a row.

When you spawn in on a server where it rains you seem to stand little chance. The coast is already picked clean and every time you stop to loot, search for apples, search for stones etc. your body temp plummets so fast that you can't really afford to stop running at all.

Chances you will find matches to light a fire when you just spawned in are very slim.

I like a survival challenge but it felt there was no way I could make it past my initial survival needs.

Am I wining or do others feel the same way?

Edited by nl

This has probably been asked 100 times but how do I get rid of the Status window in the upper right hand corner?

49 minutes ago, nl said:

I think the rate in which you get hypothermic should be dialed down a little. I died due to it within about 15 minutes 3 times in a row.

When you spawn in on a server where it rains you seem to stand little chance. The coast is already picked clean and every time you stop to loot, search for apples, search for stones etc. your body temp plummets so fast that you can't really afford to stop running at all.

Chances you will find matches to light a fire when you just spawned in are very slim.

I like a survival challenge but it felt there was no way I could make it past my initial survival needs.

Am I wining or do others feel the same way?

when you spawn at the beach and its raining, stand still and search for an stone (you start getting wet when you move), craft stone knife.

take a look if an apple tree is nearby, if yes run under it (status will be damp or wet) search for apples until you are well fed.

cut bark of (if you dropped your starting flare), cut branch of

look for an house with fireplace or stay under the apple tree.

split branch into thirds, use bark to craft an fireplace

use your flare or cut another bark and make an hand drill kitt.

start your fire and you are fine.

when you are warm enough run to the next house/tree and craft an new fireplace or wait until rain stops.

36 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

This has probably been asked 100 times but how do I get rid of the Status window in the upper right hand corner?

you can´t its only on experimental and will be gone when .61 hits stable 

• Like 2

Survivors, we need to fill up this server: steam experimental, UK 1-1 109.70.149.96:2302

We need to collect some important data for a next update.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, wasnu said:

when you spawn at the beach and its raining, stand still and search for an stone (you start getting wet when you move), craft stone knife.

take a look if an apple tree is nearby, if yes run under it (status will be damp or wet) search for apples until you are well fed.

cut bark of (if you dropped your starting flare), cut branch of

look for an house with fireplace or stay under the apple tree.

split branch into thirds, use bark to craft an fireplace

use your flare or cut another bark and make an hand drill kitt.

start your fire and you are fine.

when you are warm enough run to the next house/tree and craft an new fireplace or wait until rain stops.

you can´t its only on experimental and will be gone when .61 hits stable 

Hey thanks, I didn't even know you could make a hand drill kit...also didn't realize you could use the flare to start a fire...I feel stupid :)

Damn, just saw that there are some new map changes. I definitely have to check that shit out and will probably hop on Experimental tonight. It's nice to see that there are multiple military locations rather than a few big ones. This will drastically reduce the amount of PvP happening in these few places and be spread out over the map. :)

4 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Played about 4 hours with emuthreat, GaryWalnuts, and starvingart.

Meeting up with art we began a tour of Tisy base and then met up with Gary and finished looting there.

Reveal hidden contents

FgseuPM.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

h9IReTo.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

MksRojg.jpg

Gary, art, and I arrived at Sinistok and I immediately heard some deer.

I was able to track them over the ridge North of Sinistok and drive them back towards the apple orchard where Gary and art shot them.

emuthreat joined us just at the conclusion of the hunt and we began to cook.

Reveal hidden contents

aRADh2Q.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

XbO0x6L.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

sXCFR3T.jpg

After a good meal we set off to see the changes at Myshkino.

Reveal hidden contents

mEH4wIe.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

SVu5iKI.jpg

Very significant!

We picked off a few infected for some no scope fun before leaving and ended up using more ammo than we found for our AKM's....

So a quick pop over to Sosnovka was our best last chance to restock before logging.

Reveal hidden contents

b7LsVlR.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

nOCcQKy.jpg

Just when we were looking for a spot to log we caught the interest of one last infected.

3 of us surrounded it and pounded it down in short order.

Reveal hidden contents

f8HF4hd.jpg

Cooking meat, of course Emuthreat is involved haha.

18 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Survivors, we need to fill up this server: steam experimental, UK 1-1 109.70.149.96:2302

We need to collect some important data for a next update.

Unfortunately I'm not able to play right now, hopefully there are enough people online at the moment to collect your data.

18 minutes ago, nl said:

Hey thanks, I didn't even know you could make a hand drill kit...also didn't realize you could use the flare to start a fire...I feel stupid :)

Basically what Wasnu said. What I tend to do is when it starts raining go to a tree or an house and just wait until it's over. It can be pretty boring but if you don't you will be dead and have to start over anyway.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1