Sign in to follow this  
VahidkinG(2ndAcc)

The Good Old Forum's Camp - The Tent City

Hello Folks,

I don't even know how to start this, but i'm pretty sure a screenshot of The Tent City will do.

ASxzu5Z.jpg

How did it all started?!

qjC1Cqt.jpg

well, at some point in game which for some messed up reasons i don't recall the version, item's inside tents and vehicle's storage started to cause huge lags to the point that you disconnect from the game. devs decided to make an hotfix to this and they put it on experimental and said test it you lazy bastards (not the exact word but, eh) and that was the spark. i came up with an idea of converting "Novaya petrovka" to a testing place. i set up some tent's and just said to everyone in forum (in experimental discussion topic) that i did it and i will be honored to have some fellow testers, filling up the tent's but i never imagine that this will get that big because well, at that point forum's activity was lower than now and devs focus was mainly on reddit and twitter and stuff like that. 

Just for the record, we managed to have somewhere around 73 persistent storages (tent's, barrels, Trucks) and that alone is just awesome.

(one thing i really like to mention here is, this might be my idea or thing or whatever but that's all the forum's great members doing. i really like to thank you all, this is probably my best gaming experience to date.)

Here's some screenshots...

o5pHx4Y.jpg

HijYMfg.jpg

HijYMfg.jpg

bo3lIMc.jpg

SOsCzHE.jpg

mvWlp5K.jpg

Here you can find all other screenshot's that i uploaded.

The Last State Of The Camp

DDx0TnP.jpg

This are NOT all the tent's, there are so much more that can't fit in screenshot. there is even some in apartments.

Credit to: @nl

The Notes

hcM3JjK.jpg

when the experience came to an end, me or someone else (can't recall) found notes and i just said, hell, let's all do this. this is the best part of this topic so don't miss this. 

if you want to get some sense of what an experience it was, the only way is to read the notes people left behind. some of this notes are really touchy. i really recommend everyone to read those. i don't think i have the picture of all the notes, but this is the best i could come up with. 

one more thing to mention, because there were so many notes, i can't put all here so please click on here to see The Notes.

there's my own note.

Cf6zk3Q.jpg

Guys, this was great. this was actually great. i hope someday we can do it again. 

If anyone has anything of this, please do share.

Have A Nice one,

Vahid

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
Pictures Dude
  • Like 3

I was there too :)

It was 0.58 in september 2015, here's your original topic:

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/228868-sunshine-dayz-standalone-58-hotfix-testing-moments/#comment-2306431

Last state of the camp soon before the server was taken offline:

http://imgur.com/a/L0HWs

And a video of my own:

Edited by nl
added pic
  • Like 1

That is what experimentl is all about. I hate when KoS pricks come to experimental and camp NWAF or kill people next to camp fire. I wish devs could make one or two whitelisted servers for dedicated forum crew.

@nl

Thanks man for those links and the video. 

1 hour ago, igor-vk said:

That is what experimentl is all about. I hate when KoS pricks come to experimental and camp NWAF or kill people next to camp fire. I wish devs could make one or two whitelisted servers for dedicated forum crew.

yepe, i just wanted to remind everyone what we did because it was great to be honest and second, this is how you do it. not going around and KoSing stuff. 

but the thing that made me to make the topic again is the notes. i just read those and i said not sharing is a waist.

and yes, if devs made those white listed servers it would be really cool but hey, it's like your in a hostage situation and asking police to give you a helicopter, it's never gonna happen, but the thought of it is great.

Edit: One thing to add is, this is was great from a team work perspective. people did participate in many ways that we needed and that was just awesome to see.

Some bring tents, some bring items, we had our pumpkin guys bringing us pumpkins, we had watches, we had testing team, we had fun people, we had people screw with anything and ...

i mean, just the thought of is amazing.   

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 3