Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136297

6 hours ago, Fing said:

I need to get to grips with cooking.  Made a fire placed my frying pan on the storage slots.  All that happened was it got ruined.  Still tried to cook my chicken breasts on the frying pan but they still remand uncooked after 5 mins.  Decided to put them in the storage spaces and watched them get ruined to. And nice to see you back thurman

The Frying Pan ONLY WORKS WITH THE GAS COOKSTOVE right now.  You can still put a cooking pot on the rack in a household fireplace.  First batch takes 90 seconds, every subsequent batch takes about 70 seconds, as long as you don't let the pot cool down.

Cooking on a stick is for losers : P   (sorry guys, but I like my meat with some moisture left in it)

5 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Anyone seen bear traps thus patch, the shed behind the lighthouse isn't spawning them anymore. 

I need a bunch of them. 

I've always had good luck around the Khelm campground for bear traps. You might want to check the one north of Dolina to start with, though.

@The Riddler (DayZ)  As always, thank you for the use of your TS server.  You can be sure that there will be a mountain of cooked steaks waiting for you when AT&T finishes unloading those spools.

Well, back to it for a couple more hours this evening...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

Does anyone know what wildlife is in .61?  I haven't seen anything other than chickens, wolves and deer - been running all over the west looking for boar.

No luck with finding boars here for some time, too. I remember, starting relatively fresh, I wouldn't miss the opportunity of killing one by whatever means just because of that extra space in the boar backpack. Oddly enough, it's the first time I've seen a fox in DayZ ever, and only while being in this .61 experimental! It's that bark of theirs that I've never heard before that got my attention and made me look for it.

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I've not seen a fox or a boar in quite a while.  As Bio mentioned above I did find a leather backpack in a random shed near Svergino the patch before last.  

Interesting. Was it that improvised looking one or the leather sack? Because, as far as I remember, you could make a improvised boar hide backpack straight away. It looked the same as the improvised one, except the texture is not of a burlap sack but of a boar hide which looked way better for camo. While, when making it out of other animals' hide, you have to tan it first, and then choose an option to make a leather sack with leather sewing kit, like with leather clothing (leather storage vest is a good inVESTment for starters). So, anyway, those two backpacks look and craft quite different and also have 1 slot difference in capacity.

7 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

But as BCBAsher said, it's just so annoying to see the silent squad communicating telepathically (even if it rarely works - as they're likely all screaming into TS at the same time.  :D ).  

I hate it too. As much as it can be frustrating, I think DayZ and all others are too late. I remember very well when TS and Ventrilo have been invented, and far before in-game VOIP came into play. And they did serve it's purpose way back then. Most of the people will use it now, regardless of meta-gaming, simply because it's easier and provides far better communication quality for teams then VOIP right now. Walkie-talkies are cool, and sound better then regular VOIP, but people use it for kicks mostly, if ever. Remember, even with TS, people sometimes have troubles visually identifying who is who in the heat of the battle. Especially, military geared ones. Like in real life. Thinking about making it hard for TS squads, only thing that could come to my mind is that the game could lock all other ports not used by it. But I guess that would be some kind of privacy invasion. I don't know. Hardcore version only with some kind of a disclaimer? Then again, there's that not-so-recent-anymore phone app work-around.

I just imagined a new way (or old way) of punishment in this game by throwing that player into a barrel and taking as much chicken feathers as possible... but damn, we'd also need tar in DayZ for that. :D

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, cirkular said:

Interesting. Was it that improvised looking one or the leather sack? Because, as far as I remember, you could make a improvised boar hide backpack straight away. It looked the same as the improvised one, except the texture is not of a burlap sack but of a boar hide which looked way better for camo. While, when making it out of other animals' hide, you have to tan it first, and then choose an option to make a leather sack with leather sewing kit, like with leather clothing (leather storage vest is a good inVESTment for starters). So, anyway, those two backpacks look and craft quite different and also have 1 slot difference in capacity.

It was the "Natural Leather Sack" and I believe it had 24 slots (4x6), it was completely empty.  Should've grabbed a screenshot, I was very surprised to find that somebody just left it in a shed in the middle of nowhere.   It was au naturel, not colored or dyed. This one (found the image courtesy of dayz wiki/gamepedia)

D2A6EDj.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, cirkular said:

lock all other ports not used by it.

*Again, TS3 is also a phone app.

There's no way to "fix" this exploit....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cirkular said:

Thinking about making it hard for TS squads, only thing that could come to my mind is that the game could lock all other ports not used by it. But I guess that would be some kind of privacy invasion.

Pretty sure that would make DayZ malware.

There will always be people who use TS (or browser-based maps).  It's a waste of time to try to force people out of it.  The best thing they can do is make sure the in-game options are too cool to pass up.  I see people using the Task Force Radio in ArmA3 Edict mod and I know I wouldn't be able to resist using that.  Hopefully the walkie talkies get to the point where they can reliably be used in similar manner.  It won't convince everyone obviously but maybe some people could be swayed.

Edited by plasteek
  • Like 3

There are still a lot of casual players out there. I would use in game map if it works, but walkie talkie is just too much hustle for now. Id use them to comunicate other players before entering area or in RP servers.

• Like 2

Several Bugs

-Image of kiwi is not visible,is only present in zombies inventory.

-9v battery is not visible, you can take only through command "take", if you open the inventory, it is not visible to the left.
- loot in the zombie does not appear immediately, but after a few seconds.

-the walls of the "new buildings" on military bases, are punched in from all types of ammunition.

-in some types of buildings there's no loot

-rarely if you aim with hunting scopes, the game crashes (Aiming buildings, no trees or open field).

-the wolves do not cause damage from bleeding.(It is likely to go repeatedly unconscious once the blood drops below 500.After a few minutes the blood back to the minimum level 500, the character recovers, just a new bite to go unconscious again .... so to infinity)

-the bunker stairs in military bases are positioned incorrectly ... almost always the character gets stuck

-some zombie walk on surfaces non-existent, they fly.

Edited by Diablo2.0

So this latest patch has been running pretty smooth, to the point that I haven't really thought of any new bugs to submit a report on for a while.  I did find one curious thing that requires some more testing, but it is possibly a very rude exploit.

The toned-down light sources are really a pleasure to see,  I regret that I died without remembering to check my gas lamp today.

I have noticed that zombie aggro would very often fall on my buddy, even when I stirred them up first; to the point that they would chase me for a second, and immediately swerve to him.  I was completely unable, on multiple occasions, to divert aggro even while hitting one with an axe. Once, I managed to peel off three of five that were chasing him, for five seconds.

I haven't seen any of the hand glitches lately, but Quonset hut doors are still poorly navigable. 

Wolves have been having a graphical issue, where often the white ones will stand contorted to their left, and roller skate around in little circles.
I'm also pretty sure that they will now come back for revenge after ten or so minutes is you don't get far enough out of the area.  Got chased back into eastern Nagornoe, killed three, and got jumped up on the deerstand road.

Wolves made me bleed out half of my remaining blood, after I started to freeze, and starved to 2700 blood by spawning in the rain and choosing to run a couple minutes.  I'm not quite sure where @Diablo2.0 got that from.  (maybe you were fully energized and regenerated blood a bit; I had to bandage to not die)

Even on a server that felt laggy, the PvP was pretty crisp.  I managed to kill my buddy Bubba before I could fully realize my mistake; he advanced while I was ADS, trying to shoot through a zombie following the guy who just fired on him.  I died, but could see that I got a couple into his attacker when he came back round the tent. Possible trade.
The sad part was that the guy said he wasn't going to shoot a guy who was just running around with an axe (Bubba), but I was out of his VOIP range, and things had already gone too far.

Oh well, maybe this time I'll find a portable gas stove after looting halfway around the map.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, McWendy said:

Although a solution, its rather limited. People like to play with music, may have kids running around, wives screaming, construction going on in the street. 

I for one dont want to hear everything a person does nor would a lot of other people. 

Solution may lie in the game files canceling ts like a AC program. 

But lets face it this will always be.

When i say "everything" I mean how TS works. Like dB sensitive so it only picks up close speech. You could also expand on this so the talk button the now would be for a whisper which only people in your immediate vicinity can hear you, unless you had walkie talkies 

10 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Wait for it.....

TS3 is a phone app too.

I know shutting apps down when dayz.exe is launched would create a world of issues and would be almost impossible to stop but at least having no push to talk button stops people from communicating telepathically to an extent. also if you want to use TS to phone someone shut down dayz

• Like 1

Despite being not fully healthy and having full blood I decided to go to Zelenegorsk military base again, found some new clothing to replace the ruined pieces of clothing. Next my I went to Green Mountain and Pass Sosnovy. I found a lot of SKS so I listened to what the game is trying to tell me and picked one up at Green Mountain. When I was approaching Pass Sosnovy's military tents I saw something move in the grass. Not sure what it was, at first I thought it was a wolf but there was no wolf attack so it might've been a player or something else, maybe a fox?

After that I decided to visit Veresnik but when I was approaching the hill just south of there I heard shots already. I think they were SKS shots (yay starting to learn the sounds) so I didn't bother to go there anymore and going up north.

As my energy level and hydration level were getting low I needed food and when I heard some mooing I knew I found my dinner. Managed to kill 2 of the cows and skin them but it was hard to kill them all because they stayed near Lopatino all the time so I had to reposition myself all the time because of the infected. Managed to kill another one but before I could skin it there were too many infected to handle.

Haven't been healthy since my last encounter yesterday night, things keep happening haha.

• Like 3

I accidentally bumped into a guy picking apples in Gorka and said, "Hello!" without any weapons in my hand. He panicked, pulled his gun out and started sprinting away while still in the crouched position before going into a full sprint into the woods, never to be seen again. I stood at the apple trees, shaking my head in amazement... maybe he was foreign or something and my greeting was lost on him, but honestly I've been having trouble finding any friendly encounters recently lol

• Like 2

Basher, I had 2 traps I was bringing your way.  Both from deer stands.  But, I got cocky with the hypothermia thing.  :(

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

Basher, I had 2 traps I was bringing your way.  Both from deer stands.  But, I got cocky with the hypothermia thing.  :(

Awwww, thanks.

Work kicked my ass yesterday and couldn't get into the repeated "session lost" bullshit or be bothered to switch to my phone tether last night, went to bed early.

Sure saw a lot of interesting responses with every ones feelings on TS vs in game direct chat. I really do think people are depriving themselves and others of a lot of depth possible in this game by doing things the way they're "used to", or the easy way, and I'm sure some use it just to not be heard giving them and edge in their l33t PvP nonsense.

I personally play most if not all games by a set of self imposed rules/morals even if they make a game harder, "kids" especially don't understand games (or life in general) isn't about getting things done as quickly and easily as possible. I know we're talking about games but it's no different for real life, if you rush through everything only concerned what's next we all come to one inevitable finality, "game over". 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diablo2.0 said:

-rarely if you aim with hunting scopes, the game crashes (Aiming buildings, no trees or open field).

Can you get this to the Feedback Tracker with crash dumps please?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Can you get this to the Feedback Tracker with crash dumps please?

Yes, if I happen to me again I place the crash dumps report.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Diablo2.0 said:

Yes, if I happen to me again I place the crash dumps report.

Thank you!

• Like 2

I'm flattered that the official DayZ Dev twitter (Baty, DHawkz) used a pic of mine! :D

Now I'm hovering about wondering if possible patch to today, or more likely tomorrow....

• Like 6

This is my first test and i am impressed.

Pretty much every spam to trees, water still works and maybe better then before it drops apples to the ground.

Also minor desync when in melee.

+++ A huge FPS game play performance. I would like the new character engine to reduce the spin around effect of the character.

The UI is pretty much awesome, it flows good with hitting most of it. The only thing i would like performance on is the jumping, and selecting items.

The UI allows you to run and access your Tab kit. Which is awesome when reloading a single shot weapon.

Reference error when exiting the game. Pretty much the same as before.

Over all i think this patch is huge!! i mean it. Huge performance increase, huge UI performance increase and everything feels great.

Just don't kill the character too much with stamina or it will be too slow paced. Give us some movement speeds. That is all i really ask for.

And what is up with all the KOS even if your sitting there holding your hands up, Ppl that much into just playing experimental? and not testing? Just KOS you in every which way.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 2

And for gawd sakes please get away from the Arma 3 feel of the character. What a POS thing that is.

I know been trying for months to try and get arma 3 scripting to work with Advanced Movement, but get rid of the character gun play animations. Its impossible.

Geezious guys, get rid of that crap system.

_ I am sorry for being so blunt, but we lost many good modders this month from arma 3 community because they are frustrated. Don't let dayz go that direction please.

Otherwise love that patch!!!!

Edited by sneakydude

27 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I'm flattered that the official DayZ Dev twitter (Baty, DHawkz) used a pic of mine! :D

Now I'm hovering about wondering if possible patch to today, or more likely tomorrow....

AHAHAH your owned now... get famous!!! start making some Utube videos with subscribe!! -donations! oh then split the funds with me for suggesting this.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Geezious guys, get rid of that crap system.

You need to stay on top of the status reports before making such comments Sneaky. ;)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It feels weird using your channel when you've been gone so long!

Thank you very much.

We make good use of it and have a good group going.

Good luck with interwebs.

Please don't feel weird about it! I am humbled you guys join it and use it. I started with a new construction company so thus why I've been absent for some time from these forums. All of my projects i'm managing right now are at night so by the time I get to the weekend I'm just ready for some R&R. I did have a chance to play .60 for a few days while I brought my rig up to my old company's office. Really enjoyed seeing high FPS and the new renderer. Enjoyed scoping out new additions to the map as well. 

I'll do my best to stay more active in here, and I can't wait to feast on steaks when I finally have a connection worthy at my house! 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

I'll do my best to stay more active in here, and I can't wait to feast on wolf steaks when I finally have a connection worthy at my house! 

Fixed.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

You need to stay on top of the status reports before making such comments Sneaky. ;)

I know i been bad, lately staying away from dayz. I even got banned by hicks for a few days :) but anyways yes i should have reviewed the status reports.

Me like this very much, if we can get this into .61 i would be honored to help test it too.

Whats the chances it gets into .61 asap?

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 2