Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136297

6 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

TS is just such a "cheat"

We're often in TS for extended periods talking with players scattered across the map, often about non-DayZ related topics.

Yes we use it for strategy when we need to but most of the time we are having social banter or game dev discussions.

It definitely sucks from a meta-gaming perspective but so do external/online maps (which I swore off a long time ago to avoid burnout and because the map changed constantly).

Meeting your friends through directions on Steam text chat... equally meta.

Trying to meet randomly would take forever.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

We're often in TS for extended periods talking with players scattered across the map, often about non-DayZ related topics.

Yes we use it for strategy when we need to but most of the time we are having social banter or game dev discussions.

It definitely sucks from a meta-gaming perspective but so do external/online maps (which I swore off a long time ago to avoid burnout and because the map changed constantly).

I don't disagree with what you have said.  But as BCBAsher said, it's just so annoying to see the silent squad communicating telepathically (even if it rarely works - as they're likely all screaming into TS at the same time.  :D ).  

Like you, I swore off maps (but too late, because by then, I had stared at them for so long); and as I usually prefer to play alone, obviously TS can only be used against me.  And, for full disclosure, when I play with friends, we often use TS, but if they get too chatty, I turn it off.

Frankly, my real beef may be with the squad against solo that I see all the time.  It's just coincidence that they're usually on TS.  It's the odds that offend me.  I like the underdog.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

the silent squad communicating telepathically

Indeed, always awful.

And those bastards usually don't even RP a little to make things interesting....

Kudos for dropping the map.

I think not using the map probably helps a player keep the experience fresh.

I do a lot of random travel "Northish" etc, the way a person might if they were stranded somewhere they had a decent familiarity with but weren't local to.

Maybe you were a contractor living abroad when the shit hit the fan.

I think a lot of people jsut play and play and play and don't consider the consequences of "DayZ burnout" before they meltdown in one way or another.

1,200 hours in the SA and about 600 in the mod is very modest for as long as I've played and that's purposefully due to the quality of builds and the longevity of the project.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I think not using the map probably helps a player keep the experience fresh.

This morning, I was in Myshinko.  Got totally turned around when some guy was wailing on me with an AKM - bet he spent 40 rounds missing me.  That's a map change that's new to me.  Was wishing I had checked out a map at one point.  Finally I lost him, then squatted in terror in my building watching the infected outside.  Clearly he ran off.  At least I kept my pristine grey tac shirt and pristine black zimjovka.  I suppose I did look sketchy with my gas mask and rifle in hand though.  :D    

• Like 2

Brooks, Gary, something like a fractal smoke spiral.

fKAt459.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 5

Does anyone know what wildlife is in .61?  I haven't seen anything other than chickens, wolves and deer - been running all over the west looking for boar.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

Does anyone know what wildlife is in .61?  I haven't seen anything other than chickens, wolves and deer - been running all over the west looking for boar.

Cows are also in.  No sign of foxes, rabbits or boar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Hey gang, its been way too long but wanted to drop in after reading up on EXP .61 talk. As for TS, I know Biohaze and others know, but particularly for EXP, please use my TS. There are channels setup for people who are truly testing or trying things out in EXP and not just for PVP / Combat reasons. 

ts.welcometothejungledayz.com 

There is hope that I'll have internet in my area sooner than later. AT&T has been out here a lot as of late surveying, and installing new underground systems. I can't get confirmation from any of the field guys of what they are doing but there is enough equipment trucks to know they're not just doing maintenance. I miss playing but constantly read up on what is going on and watch a lot of youtube videos when I can on my smartphone to keep the flame burning. Best of luck survivors.  

• Like 8

I need to get to grips with cooking.  Made a fire placed my frying pan on the storage slots.  All that happened was it got ruined.  Still tried to cook my chicken breasts on the frying pan but they still remand uncooked after 5 mins.  Decided to put them in the storage spaces and watched them get ruined to. And nice to see you back thurman

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Fing said:

I need to get to grips with cooking.  Made a fire placed my frying pan on the storage slots.  All that happened was it got ruined.  Still tried to cook my chicken breasts on the frying pan but they still remand uncooked after 5 mins.  Decided to put them in the storage spaces and watched them get ruined to. And nice to see you back thurman

cut a branch off of a tree, put the food on the end of it and pose it toward the fire. thats the best method.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Fing said:

Made a fire placed my frying pan on the storage slots.

I've made the same mistake.

*Add as attachment. ;)

Make sure there is fat or water in a pan or pot.

Things cook in about 1min.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, The Riddler (DayZ) said:

There is hope that I'll have internet in my area sooner than later.

It feels weird using your channel when you've been gone so long!

Thank you very much.

We make good use of it and have a good group going.

Good luck with interwebs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thurman Merman said:

Does anyone know what wildlife is in .61?

Cows, deer (elk?), chickens, wolves.

I have not seen boar or foxes.

Gary saw a boar backpack someone may have dropped but who knows what that was from....

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 3

Anyone seen bear traps thus patch, the shed behind the lighthouse isn't spawning them anymore. 

I need a bunch of them. 

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Anyone seen bear traps

Yup.

In sheds as per usual.

Not common by any means though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Anyone seen bear traps thus patch, the shed behind the lighthouse isn't spawning them anymore. 

I need a bunch of them. 

Found just a one in a deerstand. 

@ the dude that just knocked me out in stary tents: Thnx for just robbing me (blind literally) i was distracted by a infected soldier. 

P.s you could leave one rag behind ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I don't disagree with what you have said.  But as BCBAsher said, it's just so annoying to see the silent squad communicating telepathically (even if it rarely works - as they're likely all screaming into TS at the same time.  :D ).  

Like you, I swore off maps (but too late, because by then, I had stared at them for so long); and as I usually prefer to play alone, obviously TS can only be used against me.  And, for full disclosure, when I play with friends, we often use TS, but if they get too chatty, I turn it off.

Frankly, my real beef may be with the squad against solo that I see all the time.  It's just coincidence that they're usually on TS.  It's the odds that offend me.  I like the underdog.

I brought this up a while ago and a possible solution. 

Everything throught the clients mic is picked up in game. No chat button? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woody188887 said:

I brought this up a while ago and a possible solution. 

Everything throught the clients mic is picked up in game. No chat button? 

Although a solution, its rather limited. People like to play with music, may have kids running around, wives screaming, construction going on in the street. 

I for one dont want to hear everything a person does nor would a lot of other people. 

Solution may lie in the game files canceling ts like a AC program. 

But lets face it this will always be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woody188887 said:

Everything throught the clients mic is picked up in game.

Wait for it.....

TS3 is a phone app too.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity but is there day time on experimental?  Every time I've joined it's always night time, which is good and all for the survival aspect, but I've been a fresh spawn the whole time and finding my way and getting my bearings just to start off has been kind of annoying plus it's really hard to test things in the dark.

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yup.

In sheds as per usual.

Not common by any means though.

Damn, two builds and before there was 1 in the shed behind the lighthouse on Skalisty every server every time. 

4 hours ago, Thurman Merman said:

I've not seen a fox or a boar in quite a while.  As Bio mentioned above I did find a leather backpack in a random shed near Svergino the patch before last.  

2 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I need a bunch of them. 

Devil's Castle had them pretty consistently last patch.  Maybe try hitting a few castles

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Devil's Castle had them pretty consistently last patch.  Maybe try hitting a few castles

Will do, I plan on taking back and holding my island. I've got do a military loot run to get a vest and pack and then make my way home I think. 

• Like 1

So the thing I was talking about: prison island. It was definitely not worth the trip. I looted it once and after that I took a break and looted it again but nothing really special, mostly police clothing. Did found some clothing in the barracks.

After I went back I met up with Woopie and we looted a bit and at Zelenegorsk he got overrun by 6 or 7 infected and after I got rid of them and was about to bandage him he died unfortunately. After I looted the place I went to the west in the field to go to the new military tents (I believe Pass Sosnovka) to find myself an AKM or an AK74 mag. When leaving I saw a person running and I wanted to ignore him but he started aiming. We both were terrible with shooting but both hit each other, in the end I saw him fall down and I went unconscious right after that. I survived and got rid of another KoS kiddie. Apparently I shot him in his chest and after that in his head. He also gave me my AK74 mag and a M4A1 which I had a mag for and now I have a full 60 mag for the M4A1 with silencer, thank you stranger. Unfortunately he ruined a lot of my stuff though.

Also I saw a crash site but there were some wolves so I passed it.

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I wanted to stop using the map but since the in-game one doesn't work (yet) I'll keep using an online map.

• Like 4