Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136297

5 minutes ago, wasnu (DayZ) said:

you realy think those guys give an ***** on how long they or others survived?

Nope.

Thankfully, those players will be more interested in the modded versions.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, wasnu (DayZ) said:

there was an twitter post from eugene,

acc with the mosts deads, 56k death

I don't care for those guys really, I want the game to be itself, not for others, but for "us".

I want my menu stats. They can just ignore it if they don't give a damn.

What's all this fuss about spamming apples? Playing experimental seriously? No, we need to do testing right now, not hoarding and making bases. It's pretty useless with wipes every 2 days or so.

Devs, just remove the option to spam eating, searching for apples, berries, stones, etc. Just like if they want 3PP peeking removed, just remove 3PP...

"It's an exploit, but since everyone have access to it, it's fine..."  

So far 0.61 is a great build, and it's loads of fun. Of course, with all the hype it's only a big pvp fiesta on the exp servers, but it was bound to happen with all those streamers and youtubers... The only thing they are looking for is "action".

Anyway, keep it up devs. Have a good weekend. And happy thanksgiving to all. (Those that celebrate it that is.)

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, wasnu (DayZ) said:

there was an twitter post from eugene,

acc with the mosts deads, 56k death

I think a website to compare stats is missing the point entirely, it's interesting, but I don't care how many hours, how many kms, how many infected kills, wounds healed etc anyone else has as it will be a result of how they play and what server they play on.

"This is my story" and to a large extent I am playing against myself. I need to know how well I am doing compared to my previous play-throughs.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

nowhere near the numbers of the past.

We've seen a few waves of popularity and I believe DayZ is due a few more before it's done.

As features are added, peoples interests pique, and the hype train fills up once more.

Add vehicles and base building to dynamic infected and predators and you're going to see a lot of new faces and formerly voyeurs of the game start to join up.

Console release will also spur people to cross platforms from both sides bumping popularity even more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to be the first to come out and say that I believe melee with infected is MUCH MUCH improved!

I was having fun using stealth to stay unscathed but I thought I should try my shiny splitting axe, for science!

I snuck up on a hermit infected and stood as I approached.

My first swing was a spaz and total wiff, next swing after taking a single swipe, 1 hit kill.

I did not get pushed and the infected did not circle about.

Hit detection seemed spot on, and all in a high ping environment.

After that Rocket tried to jack me but I put him down as well, without any of the collision bugginess.

AFqQdEM.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I managed to swap my skate helmet for a motorcycle helmet and found a repeater, .308, .22, sardines, and a coke now.

I'm trying to hunt down a hacksaw to cut down the mosin to make best use of the ammo's but for now I'm double carrying (which I rarely choose).

Do want/need silencer + magazine too...

• Like 2

Had a run just now where my screen froze. Wouldnt go back. Is that a new bug? 

Before that i was, as a fresh spawn, having trouble with rain. I noticed that making a fire with wet rags was impossible. But making a had drill kit and lighting it with bark i just cut in the middle of the rain with nowwhere dry to store. Shouldnt this be impossible aswell? 

I mean i survived but still... survival wise does that make sense? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

Chickens are absolutely useless for sustenance as of right now ... eating 6 chicken breast is the equivalent of 2 apples and doing all the cooking and collecting of wood to prepare the chicken takes out just enough calories to make chicken utterly useless . Sure they're everywhere but they are complete trash compared to just picking an infinite amount of apples (which I hope will change as survival is far too easy with apples).

This is sooooo wrong.  Chicken breasts, boiled, have about half the water content and only 7 fewer calories than an apple; they are underpowered IMO, but not worthless.   There is a good reason to kill chickens, they give you feathers and bones to make better arrows, to more easily kill cows or deer.  You can also fish using the bone hooks.

I like to think of killing a chicken as one of my first 5 priorities.  Get away from the spawn points, craft an improvised knife, find rope, find a backpack, cut a stick and kill a chicken.  It usually takes about half an hour to 45 minutes to get my basics handled.  You know, the survival basics?

7 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Got to meet emuthreat for a bit and and my piss poor internet disappointed as usual. Sorry, I think I lived after taking a few hits from the same guy that killed him. My internet decided to combat log me before I got to bandage but I don't think he followed me into the woods.  What kind of asshole camps a barracks on a low pop looking for Kos ambushes?

I hope that guy chokes on those wolf steaks I hadn't found time to cook yet.  I got a good lesson in not being the hero; and you got an introduction to what exactly "balls out" means, in my usage.  GG

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

survival wise does that make sense? 

No.

Dry kit or no fuego!

I feel this will be a thing in the future, no worries.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I have to say, I give you credit if this is true.

Yep. I spam the apples and the wells. Not gonna sit and wait purely on principle when I can crouch beside it and press "F" a few times. Same thing with no-sway hipfire, not going to stand still or aim down sights instead. Some things you can not even tell if intended or not—for example, pre-0.61 you could cancel the bow's odd sway pattern by pressing WASD as you drew the arrow back (at 1:24). Intended? Did the bow work as intended anyways? Who knows.

My personal red line begins with gamma/brightness boosting. But if simply pressing the "find" key gives me easy apples I'm taking them. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

This is sooooo wrong.  Chicken breasts, boiled, have about half the water content and only 7 fewer calories than an apple; they are underpowered IMO, but not worthless.   There is a good reason to kill chickens, they give you feathers and bones to make better arrows, to more easily kill cows or deer.  You can also fish using the bone hooks.

I like to think of killing a chicken as one of my first 5 priorities.  Get away from the spawn points, craft an improvised knife, find rope, find a backpack, cut a stick and kill a chicken.  It usually takes about half an hour to 45 minutes to get my basics handled.  You know, the survival basics?

It may have half the water content but they hardly ever energize , with five apples im fully energized and hydrated . It sucks to prioritize so much time with these chickens only to realize they are truly terrible , but it only takes me about 10 minutes to get full of survival gear (hand drill kit stone knife long wooden stick, and plenty other items needed) most likely because I'm not chasing down chickens anymore . 

Then I slowly find rope (or make one with rags) as it really isn't a huge priority right away for me to have a full backpack, so if I can make one right away that's cool and to stumble on one that's great , but it certainly isn't a top priority right away . When I fish I always have bone due to many dead bodies and chickens in every town , not to mention the abundant fishing hooks around everywhere .

On another note i can't wait to see some more predators in like bears , the wolves are intense and definitely make waiting for a queue worth it :) . Now we just need our vehicles back ! 

Edited by blackberrygoo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, kumando said:

If you cheat with the apple glitch yeah, i dont do that.

Nope no "cheat/glitch" just sit next to a tree grab ten apples and move to the next (for superstitious luck). Nothing's broken with that regard , it just isn't finished yet , I imagine when it is we will see a limited amount of Apples on every tree and it will replenish in time just like all loot does .

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kumando said:

There are chickens everywhere what do tou mean you starve? You said you were a dayz veteran of what mod epoch overpoch? Not vanilla for sure, maybe this game is not for you.

I`ve no issue with food - I usually hunt deers - roast steaks, sometimes fish, and doing survivial related content in my play sessions. But I`ve most fun when I use an oil barrel for a base somewhere on the map - now a bit north of Cherno, and try to be around in the area and interact with other players.

Cherno

20161126022732_1.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

i havent found a single vehicle, are they in?

No Walter! I mean coffee lizard.

I believe the status reports have made it clear that we won't see vehicles back in .61.

Character stamina and vehicles should be released in close proximity IMO.

I would like to see stamina tested first if possible... Can you imagine making some of these people walk more?

So many delicious tears!

So wolves are fucking terrifying. Running away doesn't work very well, but it turns out that buckshot to the face does a pretty good job of pacifying them, so that's nice. think I only survived because I happened to be next to a random house in the middle of nowhere, which I barricaded myself in. Was looting the house when  heard some eldritch noise which I initially thought was either some kind of mutant or somebody was fucking with me by making weird noises (I've done that before, it's hilarious. Made a loud squeaking noise. That in combination with the incredibly loud VOIP caused my victim to soil himself) but I realised it was wolves when one of them started howling. Great fun, was not expecting that at all.

I'm hoping predators will be able to smash doors in (especially if we get bears) like the zombies will eventually be able to do, or at least be smart enough to realise that they can't get in and act accordingly rather than sitting helpfully outside the window so I can take potshots at them.  

• Like 3

Played another couple of hours.

I found a large herd of cows and took one down just before I began to starve.

Still running north, starvingart popped into TS3.

We followed the railroad tracks from our locations and met without any trouble.

vGym604.jpg

Not very long after we met up, wolves descended on us.

Thankfully art was well armed for the occasion and I managed to land one with the mosin.

He already had wolf steaks and I had my cow, so I only could carry one more wolf's meat.

We entered the lodge near devils castle and set to filling our bellies.

lryNmU9.jpg

A rather peaceful way to survive the day.

gbXeOf1.jpg

Dat helmet upgrade tho.

iYcni3P.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

I noticed a new item is back in the rotation. I found this Painkiller tab in an infected at the top of green mountain.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 5

Some weird things:

Sounds still differ per person. I was right beside a mate who heard a loud shot. For me all was quiet.

Rain: I had clear visible and audible rain. While 1 mate only heard the rain but didnt see it. And another didnt hear or see rain but became damp /wet.

Lots of entries for houses are sunken. Or you cannot enter it in 3rd/p . But you can enter it in 1st/p mode. Goes for some buses aswell. 

Still see weird shrubs on the ground with blue graphic outlines. 

Other then that playability is good! Having loads of fun this patch. :)

Cant wait to see more survival techniques, environmental challenges and more divers gear.

(Guns, hueys last prio, buses we need them now! !) ;)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I believe the status reports have made it clear that we won't see vehicles back in .61.

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-22-nov-2016

With new player character, the old physics will be ditched and we gain more freedom in implementation of infected as well. One more thing I would like to mention: alongside new synchronization for players, vehicles are being worked on too. Count in they are getting so much love implementation wise, so I hope we will be able to get some of these changes in 0.61 to make vehicles much more reliable and pleasant to drive.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, PolishedGuy said:

https://dayz.com/blog/status-report-22-nov-2016

With new player character, the old physics will be ditched and we gain more freedom in implementation of infected as well. One more thing I would like to mention: alongside new synchronization for players, vehicles are being worked on too. Count in they are getting so much love implementation wise, so I hope we will be able to get some of these changes in 0.61 to make vehicles much more reliable and pleasant to drive.

I believe he meant that we won't see them in the Experimental, but I'm sure they'll be here once 0.61 stable comes.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

It may have half the water content but they hardly ever energize , with five apples im fully energized and hydrated . It sucks to prioritize so much time with these chickens only to realize they are truly terrible , but it only takes me about 10 minutes to get full of survival gear (hand drill kit stone knife long wooden stick, and plenty other items needed) most likely because I'm not chasing down chickens anymore . 

Then I slowly find rope (or make one with rags) as it really isn't a huge priority right away for me to have a full backpack, so if I can make one right away that's cool and to stumble on one that's great , but it certainly isn't a top priority right away . When I fish I always have bone due to many dead bodies and chickens in every town , not to mention the abundant fishing hooks around everywhere .

On another note i can't wait to see some more predators in like bears , the wolves are intense and definitely make waiting for a queue worth it :) . Now we just need our vehicles back ! 

Bears are naturally not really ferocious or agressive towards humans, they are like a lone wolf, shy and will try to keep distance. Unless of course they feel threatened or the need to act.

11 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Character stamina and vehicles should be released in close proximity IMO.

I would like to see stamina tested first if possible... Can you imagine making some of these people walk more?

So many delicious tears!

New survival mechanic, tears. You have to boil them first and after that: fresh water!

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I found this Painkiller tab

Yup.

I found them when we were playing a couple days ago as well.

Rocket = kiwi

Hermit = stone knife

Mil zombies = ammo

These aren't set in stone but are common to those infected types.

Finding infected and items with 2 pieces of loot inside is nice as well.

I killed a hermit that contained a can of peaches as well as 5 rags.

Their plan was to get the vechiles back in 0.61 before it hit stable - since u can still find vechile parts for it, but no helis yet. Otherwise they can remove vechiles parts & wheels as well until they are back in my opinion.  

Edited by ori42

So today I spawned in at Khelm but my looting kept being interrupted by the rain, it has been pouring on and off. So I decided to be smart about it and make use of the situation. Lit a fire in the forest and made myself a garden plot and planted some pumpkin seeds, no waste of water because of the rain. :) Now waiting until they're ready and until it stops pouring.

Edit: I was doing OK for food until I hit the summer camp near Khelm/Berezino. 1 bag of rice, 1 PET bottle, 1 canteen, 1 can of Beanz, 1 powdered milk, a cooking pot and a can of sardines. Not to mention the mountain backpack. Unfortunately I'm still stuffed from the pumpkins but this will make me light green energized for quite a while.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4