Sign in to follow this  
kopo79

Future basebuilding suggestion and benefit.

just a thought.i love battlefield 2 mod project reality and there squadleader can put for their team "rallypoint" where your squad can spawn after dying.
I just wondered if in dayz this could be somehow used.
but make it hard to achieve examble...you have to build a base,you have to own car or something,you have to get working electricity

so basically you have to get fully operational base.

on spawnpoint,theres have to be minimun 3 players(Or more) to get that spawnpoint to work.

Thoughts?More ideas?....or is it against the dayz original idea?
Im just trying to get people team-up together.

So you want your buddies not to even need to run to your base before gearing up with all the stuff you have hoarded ? Is this a survival game or an FPS ? 

The answer is 

abs_not.gif

Edited by General Zod
  • Like 2

On 11/23/2016 at 11:37 AM, General Zod said:

So you want your buddies not to even need to run to your base before gearing up with all the stuff you have hoarded ? Is this a survival game or an FPS ? 

The answer is 

abs_not.gif

Now now, don't rain on the guys parade.  I guarantee this will be a mod at some point

You can add all types of stuff as a mod, couldn't care any less as long as it doesn't make it to main game. 

On 11/23/2016 at 1:32 PM, kopo79 said:

just a thought.i love battlefield 2 mod project reality and there squadleader can put for their team "rallypoint" where your squad can spawn after dying.
I just wondered if in dayz this could be somehow used.
but make it hard to achieve examble...you have to build a base,you have to own car or something,you have to get working electricity

so basically you have to get fully operational base.

on spawnpoint,theres have to be minimun 3 players(Or more) to get that spawnpoint to work.

Thoughts?More ideas?....or is it against the dayz original idea?
Im just trying to get people team-up together.

This post is an utter insult to the integrity and main idea of DayZ. 

• Like 2

Yup. 

If you love Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality. Well, play Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality LOL don´t try to transform DayZ into some casual mainstream EA game 

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

Yup. 

If you love Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality. Well, play Battlefield 2 Mod Project Reality LOL don´t try to transform DayZ into some casual mainstream EA game 

I don't think you can really call PR casual. It's one step down from Arma in terms of military sims - there's even a PR mod for Arma. Regardless, I agree. I don't think being able to set spawn points is really in the spirit of DayZ

I actually think the opposite should be more of the norm. Ruthlessly force players to be spawned as far away from where they died as possible, with no way to game the system for better spawn points.

EDIT

Although, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that maybe PvP centric players would be better off concentrated into a neat little valley in a small corner of the map where it is difficult to escape from, has all the weapons they could want and basically serves their need to play fast and die young without ever needing to leave. Basically a PvP hell.

Edited by MrAerospace
  • Like 1

I don't like the idea of rally points. But it would be nice to choose your general spawn location (like in every Arma survival mod ever) just for the social gameplay effects.

7 hours ago, MrAerospace said:

I actually think the opposite should be more of the norm. Ruthlessly force players to be spawned as far away from where they died as possible, with no way to game the system for better spawn points.

EDIT

Although, I'm fast coming to the conclusion that maybe PvP centric players would be better off concentrated into a neat little valley in a small corner of the map where it is difficult to escape from, has all the weapons they could want and basically serves their need to play fast and die young without ever needing to leave. Basically a PvP hell.

But half the fun is killing the survival hermits. 

8 hours ago, MrAerospace said:

And you could quite easily do that if/whenever you escape that valley.

Keep dreaming. We're ot going anywhere.