Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136253

Hey guys - working on putting another exp update out focusing on:

- Hotfix for most common server crash
- Lightsource Intensity changes
- Server Browser filter changes
- Temperature Tick rate increased for fireplaces

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

One small edit:
As I've said before - we are aware that supersonic cracks from bullets are not functioning currently. This will be addressed, as I've said - but if it will be addressed in .61 remains to be seen. That said, I have spoken with the audio team, and they will *see* what they can get done for .61, no promises however.

• Like 10

Can't wait to try the lightsource intensity change. This will make the use of torch possible. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DaveB said:

Can't wait to try the lightsource intensity change. This will make the use of torch possible. 

and hopefully it'll also help mitigate that I'm a sitting duck feeling while warming up next to a fire at night!

• Like 2

Experimental/Unstable servers are back online. Don't forget to update your client.

• Like 5

hmm...downloaded new experimental version...my character is stuck under a building:(
i knew it that this game is brutal,you gonna die starving or in cold or zombies or bandits....but some cursed mansion just eat me

Edited by kopo79

32 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Was there another wipe?!?!

No

Just wondering if I'm the only one, but... I like the infected 'pushing' the character as it feels more realistic (obviously not into stuck/geometry situations). Of course, we'd be bashed about the place with them lashing into us and to me it works as a reason not to get into melee situations as you lose control when being successfully attacked. And they had it in Undying with the werewolves - they'd knock your screen/view when they clawed you and it felt visceral and more 'honest'. Anyway - just an observation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kataro said:

Range finder are work  tested ..

good to know - I need battery, hehe. :s

Any solutions to get out under the building?i cant jump or do the "v" animation.there was someone saying that NEVER log out inside the building but if its raining when you log in you better ne inside.

My game crashed due to low FPS in the forest - probably related to server performance. 

Near Green mountain Radio Tower. 

20161123190445_1.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, ori42 said:

My game crashed due to low FPS in the forest - probably related to server performance. 

Near Green mountain Radio Tower. 

20161123190445_1.jpg

Guys, server performance does not have an impact on the client like that.

• Like 1

This is how my fire looks, the fireplace is invisible when placed on ground it wasn't like this yesterday.

20161123200817_1.jpg

Btw screw you, if you are the person who killed me when I sat back and relaxed at my fireplace while telling you 10 times that I was friendly and testing some things.

• Like 4

I had low fps spike with the recent patches - I had to restart the game session. The server didn`t crash, but my pc did and I was not even in a city. 

My average fps is about 120+ in-game with 32 GB memory + Geforce Asus GTX 780 GPU - shadows turn off, setting is like very high to high with V-Sync disabled. (And both windows 10 ultimate + gpu driver updated recently.)

I notice these random low fps spike which suddenly go below (6-8) fps - my pc crashed about 30 min. ago. (The game and pc works fine after restart, but my point is the low /random fps spike lag the whole screen.)

Is the video memory working properly on Auto Video option setting? I had memory crashes recently - so I changed it now to max instead of Auto to 2048 MB. 

I changed my Video setting and disabled Edge smoothing as well and will go with it - maybe my pc will be more stable. 

Edited by ori42

my character is stuck under a building and even a hunger or thirst status dont come up.....so,how i kill myself?...

• Like 1

Try to log out @Kopo79  - the health system usually work when u restart the dayz SA client, but I had the same issue recently too health bars doesn`t show sometimes. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

my character is stuck under a building and even a hunger or thirst status dont come up.....so,how i kill myself?...

if you have an gun with ammo you can press F11 to commit suicide.

if not, you can put an ticket on the feedbacktracker with your location and the devs will bring you out.

google and youtube can give you some more tipps but this will be bugusing and not allowed to post here.

• Like 1

Played for 3+ hours uninterrupted.

<3 SCARCITY <3

I LOVE scarcity!

It makes thorough looting more rewarding and formerly mundane items are valuable again!

Found mostly 9mm and mostly inside industrial sheds (I think 85 rnds), 1 box of .380. and some loose ammo in rak mags, and 2 stacks of 4 shotgun shells.

Found a silencer for my P-1 and the fun began.

Whoever prefers the style of iron sight for the P-1 I do not understand, but I still really enjoyed sneaking around head shot clearing towns as I moved semi-North.

Food was harder to come by but apples do still spam and by the time I logged out for lunch I had cereal and rice.

I think I killed about 40 infected in total? The P-1 went to worn but the silencer stayed at damaged.

After clearing a good part of Krasnostav I decided I should calm my blood lust until I found more rounds.

I came across a body in the road at one point and scouted around it for a moment and reloaded my mag but just as I was approaching the body cautiously, It despawned before my eyes. :(

Time for food in RL, looking forward to more later...

I caught this funny little detail while looting.

Seems when the devs enabled this door to open and close, they forgot to update the floor texture.

dTLEkmH.jpg

cZTWQ7N.jpg

• Like 5

I heard far off distant weapon shoots again after this patch - so the weapon sounds is working as intended now, well done! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

This worked before: Just run towards the opposite wall and pull out your internet cable before you get to the wall. Relog to the server and you'll be out of the building.

• Like 2

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

I haven't seen any postings or issues about this.  Curious if the development team is aware.

Since .61 exp,  all game sounds (except voip) are about 25-35% lower than they were in .60.  It is like all the sounds in the game were lowered by that amount for .61.  Is this intended and is it going to stay that way or are you guys even aware of this issue?  I have seen nothing mentioned by you in any of the .61 exp forum posts.

Edited by thebaddestass
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, thebaddestass said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

I haven't seen any postings or issues about this.  Curious if the development team is aware.

Since .61 exp,  all game sounds (except voip) are about 25-35% lower than they were in .60.  It is like all the sounds in the game were lowered by that amount for .61.  Is this intended and is it going to stay that way or are you guys even aware of this issue?  I have seen nothing mentioned by you in any of the .61 exp forum posts.

Yeah this has been confirmed already a couple of topics before, it is scheduled for a fix.

So, since this release experimental won't launch for me. I've tried opting out of exp to stable and it runs fine, then when opt in to exp again it wont launch.  I played yesterday with no problems.

4 hours ago, cirkular said:

This worked before: Just run towards the opposite wall and pull out your internet cable before you get to the wall. Relog to the server and you'll be out of the building.

Let us know if that still works, I tried twice before f11ing my self the other day. It might be removed because it could be exploited.