Sign in to follow this  
igor-vk

DayZ: Preview of reworked NWAF and military installations

We will soon have moaning: "I cant find anybody for PVP, coast is empty, NWAF is empty, Mishkino is empty kmeeeeeeeeee, game sucks, kmeeeeeee, not fun kmeeeeeee" I like how these changes will slow down game and move towards "campaign" type of gameplay. People wont spawn and run to Mishkino for PVP 3 or 4 times in one evening. If all these new camps would be filled with zombies, or well hidden in woods (like somer camps where no one goes), it will take you few days to travel across entire map and get really good military gear.

Edit: Id also like to see more abandoned equipment in new camps, like: rusty tanks, trucks (other then old Arma 2 model), crashed helis (maybe new model for soviet crash site and spread old Mi-8 as stationary). 

Edited by igor-vk
  • Like 2

Its good to spread out the military loot up to the very North, even the top notch attachments can spawn at the very far North no problem. Wolves & zombies can increase the problems as well. Maybe some Bears in the future, makes it more hardcore :) 

I agree, it is good to spread out the loot/military bases, not only for story but to get people moving around the map. Like Gordon mentioned, once wolves, other predators and zombies are updated, it will really make the game play a lot more fun. Additionally, it gives it a more realistic feeling environment.

The title of the thread had me confused after reading its content :)

But i must agree good loot should be up north. We also need more danger for our lives from the environment. I dont just cross forests anymore except for good reason. 

Never know when you are surrounded by a pack. 

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

The title of the thread had me confused after reading its content :)

I copy/pasted title from reddit. Im just too lazy. 

Thing is, we wont be able to get best military loot on tw locations. We will be frced to visit 5 or more locations to complete full gorka/ACOG M4/silenced FNX.

22 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Edit: Id also like to see more abandoned equipment in new camps, like: rusty tanks, trucks (other then old Arma 2 model), crashed helis (maybe new model for soviet crash site and spread old Mi-8 as stationary). 

Liked the idea till this point. It's a post-apocalyptic country (civil disorder, crowd control stuff, more barricades and temporary walls around cities,etc), not a post-war scenario with military stuff everywhere (the infected were supposed to be shooting down choppers and blowing up tanks?)! 

I would change that with A LOT of more abandoned cars in the roads, specially in the city. There should be some roads totally packed with abandoned cars, crushed ones, stuff that people left behind after the horde got out of control. 

Edited by exwoll

There was civil war in Chernarus before infection. Even Russia and USA were involved. Abandoned equipment would rust and decay by now. I think story line of Arma 2 is placed in 2010. 

In one dayz submod road between Cherno and Balota was paacked with abandoned cars in front of road block and it looked great in combination with ground fog.

15 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

There was civil war in Chernarus before infection. Even Russia and USA were involved. Abandoned equipment would rust and decay by now. I think story line of Arma 2 is placed in 2010. 

In one dayz submod road between Cherno and Balota was paacked with abandoned cars in front of road block and it looked great in combination with ground fog.

Here i thought we had something new....

back to my other games.