Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136240

Hey all - Both a Status Report and an exp update today!

We just pushed a new build, and it has some fixes aimed towards:

- Characters displaying naked in some situations
- Some gunshots not being heard
- Server Crash fixes for some new crashes
- Wolf behavior changes

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 12

Good stuff Brian!!

One question though;

Will you be tackling infected AI at some point?

Right now being stealthy is almost not worth it. Since the infected know where you are after SOMEONE else aggros them. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the patch! Glad the gunshot sounds were fixed. I will play this one tonight when I get off work. 

Keep cold survival hard!

• Like 1

just had a game freeze without getting an error message or any kind of logs, let's see if this is more than a one-time random occurance

edit: after a bit more than an hour of playing, no further crashes/freezes

Edited by HaseDesTodes
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

- Some gunshots not being heard

What are your thoughts on the lack of whizz/crack bullet sounds in .61, is it something that is needed for the stable push? It would be something I would like to see happen.

Sorry if it's been answered before, I did look but there are so many Exp threads now, I may have missed it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Good stuff Brian!!

One question though;

Right now being stealthy is almost not worth it. Since the infected know where you are after SOMEONE else aggros them. 

Yeah, is that intended?

The three occurrences I've had in close proximity to the other player seemed like the AI can't make up it's mind who to attack either. 

Is that server performance or how the AI work right now?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Five_Seven_Clown said:

What are your thoughts on the lack of whizz/crack bullet sounds in .61, is it something that is needed for the stable push? It would be something I would like to see happen.

Sorry if it's been answered before, I did look but there are so many Exp threads now, I may have missed it.

They said it'll be back but not when, the way it goes it really wouldn't matter if they gave an estimate anyway.

Not dissing, it's smart that they stopped giving estimates because of all the tantrums myself included when "shit happened".

• Like 5

First impressions:

I found less apples at trees. :P

My game crashed/freezed, no error log or anything, while approaching a gas station, something that hasn't happened in a long time, now im 30+ in the Queue. ^^

also absolutely everything was already looted, even inlands.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Good stuff Brian!!

One question though;

They've acknowledged the issue on the Feedback Tracker:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121010

• Like 1

no bug, an announced char wipe

@dayzdevteam Character wipe. Fixes: server crashes, nude character on distance, audio of gunshots in distance, some wolf behavior tweaks

• Like 1

Thanks for patch!

Boy, it sure would be great if people channeled their interest in DayZ into actually following the project and staying informed....

I need to tune out the world, I'll be in shortly.

*Bonus

GTNCBlQ.jpg

Carcass this past Sunday.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Thanks for patch!

Boy, it sure would be great if people channeled their interest in DayZ into actually following the project and staying informed....

I need to tune out the world, I'll be in shortly.

*Bonus

Reveal hidden contents

GTNCBlQ.jpg

Carcass this past Sunday.

Sometimes people miss lil bits and bobs of information. Because of well reasons. 

Shouldnt be to hard to just ingnore bio ;) 

24 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Shouldnt be to hard to just ingnore bio ;) 

Sometimes it's easier than others, but mostly you're right.

Logged on to a 1PP server outside of my region because well, US apparently only needs a single 1PP server that is always HIGH pop right?

So currently that server is basically a KoS server due to the popularity of this patch, but I do play there sometimes if only for the fact that I won't let the others "run" the only US 1PP all the time.

Logging into what was shown in the browser as a low pop server I found myself #39 in queue which then rather rapidly counted down until I spawned on the beach.

Loot and infected were readily available and I managed to grab a few decent things before bugging out off the coast.

After maybe 20 minutes of play I lost connection to host and was booted from the server.

During the session I also saw some global notifications of others losing connection.

I'll try again....

• Like 1

Looks like the the turn over or tick rate of character related text notifications have changed.

It seems they are ticking more incrementally somehow.

Can someone also confirm that apple spamming is still working?

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I wish we had an impact bullet sound when you hit a player, or get hit by other players bullets similar to H1Z1. Because if someone use a silencer from distance - it`s, of course, hard to hear, but u should certainly notice when someone hit you either visual or with a sound. 

Edited by ori42

We made our way from coast to Green Mountain and there to Myshkino tents, there was guy escaping pack of wolves and zombies. Killing him was quite easy way deal with it but escaping after looting, was real miracle. People lost blood very much and barely made it to safe spot!

I love experimental it is so exciting to live with all changes across, even wolfs felt a lil bit accurate with attacks! <3333

10 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Can someone also confirm that apple spamming is still working?

Aye, still possible. But less apples now so this way the bug can stay in imo. Just like a regular apple tree shake it baby. ;)

Ammo i find so far all damaged. Looks like bow time! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

anything on infected's pushing you when they attack you?! 

and looks like we are not getting an status report today! xD

Read op for info on infected pushing players. As for status report, no idea why it's not on forum yet. I readed it on dayz facebook page and it's up on reddit as of now with some nice and juicy info.

Okay, so I know this is a new version today, but I got killed by wolves last night after only two hits, and I was using an AKM to fight them.

My impressions are that three bullets sometimes is not enough, and that they seem to be much more organized, and perhaps hitting harder.

Back in to test them some more with my fresh body.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Okay, so I know this is a new version today, but I got killed by wolves last night after only two hits, and I was using an AKM to fight them.

My impressions are that three bullets sometimes is not enough, and that they seem to be much more organized, and perhaps hitting harder.

Back in to test them some more with my fresh body.

I carried a skate helmet, duct tape, and a spare cowboy hat all weekend to see if I could stay alive by repairing my hat while they attacked.

Couldn't find the damn things.

I like the idea of them doing decent damage but anything bigger than a 22 should at least take the fight out of them in one shot.

Realistically wolves that would have survived and bred that close to farms would just know to take the long way around anything human smelling or metallic sounding unless they were rabid or damn hungry. 

Being pushed back into buildings or through walls seems to be a big issue again for me at this last patch. It was better for me last week.