Sign in to follow this  
cosminus2000

Poor Performance

When I play Dayz Standalone, my graphic card is running at only 30%-40% and my CPU at 50%-60%, and I have shutters. My GPU is GTX 1060 and CPU i3 2100

Game is in Alpha. They have yet to do any real optimizations. Plus the client is still 32-bit which does not utilize the resources of 64-bit machines. Wait for beta or release. Only then will you see significant improvements. Although we did see a great performance increase in 0.60 in the FPS department.

• Like 1

i3! Man, probably want to go with at least an i5 quad for this game. ;-)

3 hours ago, Kronons said:

Game is in Alpha. They have yet to do any real optimizations. Plus the client is still 32-bit which does not utilize the resources of 64-bit machines. Wait for beta or release. Only then will you see significant improvements. Although we did see a great performance increase in 0.60 in the FPS department.

I some how, had forgot about this fact! That the game is 32 bit..

What have they said about the 64bit client?

Best Regarads

OT Remember to change your configfile, so you don't render 2x you monitors resolution! I had similar problems(what it sounds like) but i thought i had done the "fix", looked again and find out that i hadnt(or it had been change without my knowledge)!

Suddenly 64 bit clients seem like the best thing ever!

Anyone have any info on it's progress or when they're planning on trying to implement a 64 bit client?

On 11/22/2016 at 0:46 PM, cosminus2000 said:

When I play Dayz Standalone, my graphic card is running at only 30%-40% and my CPU at 50%-60%, and I have shutters. My GPU is GTX 1060 and CPU i3 2100

Go ahead and delete your DayZ.cfg (configuration folder) along with any custom launch commands (in dayz steam settings) and launch the game. I was getting stutters in the new exp too and this is what fixed it for me.

On 11/22/2016 at 2:25 PM, zemos (DayZ) said:

I some how, had forgot about this fact! That the game is 32 bit..

What have they said about the 64bit client?

Best Regarads

OT Remember to change your configfile, so you don't render 2x you monitors resolution! I had similar problems(what it sounds like) but i thought i had done the "fix", looked again and find out that i hadnt(or it had been change without my knowledge)!

From Baty Alquawen

There is a 64bit client .exe in the game files, but it's there only for testing purposes, you won't be able to connect any servers if you launch DayZ using the 64bit client. In case you try launching the 64bit .exe and experience any game crash though, please share the dump files with us using the feedback tracker.

EDIT: Sorry guys, bad information. It is not possible to launch 64b client.

• Like 1