Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136182

We're working on putting another Exp/Unstable update out with a few changes in them:

We're looking at fixes to character movement hitching in some situations, character deformation, and attempting to resolve some invisible AI problems noted on previous builds.

We're still working on issues with server performance, which causes problems such as:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some User Action SFX not playing
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Some issues noticed with sounds being played to all players within the network bubble radius
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 9

I played a bunch on the SNG 1pp server last night, it was at low population and the infected reacted promptly and would chase me for miles sometimes even though my ping was in the 300s. 

Is the infected response tied to the amount of players on the server?

Do they have a "sleep" system that reduces load if no one is near them and when there's more player more AI is being actively handled by the server? 

Edited by BCBasher

3 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

@BCBasher

yes, we were on the same page:

enjoy:

Well that's good I guess, every barrel or tire I've thrown has disappeared so far. I really liked being able to bounce them of a tree trunk getting them to lay down so hopefully that becomes doable again.

Hey guys, I've been extremely busy with life or I would be testing with you all. How's the general experience in .61 so far? 

Looks pretty fun to me! Could see the full working versions of Predators and Infected being completely frightening - Probably better just as desync or server lag is reduced! Here's hoping we get this pinned down and shuffle cars into the next update :) 

• Like 1

Oh, the voip thing...

I used to be able to set and test mine with my two accounts but I don't have two working computers that will play DayZ right now. I did turn my VOIP slider down some after my first encounter when I was told I was "really loud" and no one has complained since.

Does the slider affect the broadcast and receive volume all at once?  

4 minutes ago, Espa said:

Hey guys, I've been extremely busy with life or I would be testing with you all. How's the general experience in .61 so far? 

Looks pretty fun to me! Could see the full working versions of Predators and Infected being completely frightening - Probably better just as desync or server lag is reduced! Here's hoping we get this pinned down and shuffle cars into the next update :) 

For a PVE player I can say it's a much needed breath of fresh air, glad I took a break before I got too toxic, really glad to be back.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

For a PVE player I can say it's a much needed breath of fresh air, glad I took a break before I got too toxic, really glad to be back.

Ahh, that is lovely to hear. As much as I like to fight others, every now and again, I feel much more at ease when I'm forced into having to work with others for survival. - The Infected look like a totallyyyy serious threat! When they can start climbing ladders and bashing down doors, we're alllll going to die xD 

I just met a guy up at Tisy.  His VOIP was appropriate volume, and he didn't complain about mine.  

Also, he told me where the radio tower was.  Went and checked it out - it seems to spawn optics, M4 attachments, and pants.  Apparently, it used to float (I didn't play .60 much), but it looks good now.  Of course, then some ass shot him (apparently a pretty good shot though - as he was upstairs, but near a window, and shooter was somewhere in the trees, I'm guessing - he only fired once).  Never found the jerk.

Did discover that you can still loot farm quonsets.  

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

Bad news, Tetracycline anti-biotics don't cure Cholera (anymore). I was at the first stage and took some anti-biotics. Now in order to see the effect I had to wait until it either went away or got worse. It got worse. :( I'm now in stage 2 and already red stuffed. This is going to be an hard one to survive but if I pull through, I will be a stronger man haha.

So be aware fellow survivors, cholera is not something to fuck with. Specially not the medium and the high impact cholera. Be careful from which (water) sources you drink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jappegaming said:

Noticed clothed charecter seems to look nude without clothes after 100 meters

Yes, since todays update me and my friends have been expiriencing this issue too. I've already reported it to tracker

• Like 1

Can somebody rescue me? I'm with broken legs in the military base (the small, hidden one) west of Nagornoe north of severograd.

pls help :(

Edited by VVarhead

Do you have any planned weapons, backpacks, clothes or any new items to add for the stable branch ?

So a small update: I might be alright, depending on how long stage 3 cholera lasts. With fast natural blood regeneration I'm losing 1 blood each second and I'm down to around 1 hour left of blood (around 3500). Hopefully stage 3 doesn't take too long and I don't go unconscious otherwise I'm going to be alright in the end. :) I guess we'll see how I end up later tonight.

16 minutes ago, FatihScope said:

Do you have any planned weapons, backpacks, clothes or any new items to add for the stable branch ?

No weapons, that's for sure. Brian mentioned that they might add some clothing and I think they already did (the all-star sneakers or what ever they are). Backpacks I'm not sure, Brian needs to address that himself.

Edited by IMT

26 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Can somebody rescue me? I'm with broken legs in the military base (the small, hidden one) west of Nagornoe north of severograd.

First Person or 3rd Person? On the 1pp hive I'm in that area.

21 minutes ago, FatihScope said:

there are chuck taylor boots as new item AND the focus of .61 is NOT new pewpew guns and other hillbilly stuff.

.61 is new sound system (what is realy great), massive more infected (what is absolut great), first animal predators (bad doggies, ate me 5 times since .61 hits exp).

no new pewpew guns for the pvp croud

28 minutes ago, FatihScope said:

I just had my first encounter with wolves: in the middle of the forest north west of Nagorone I heard howling coming closer and closer. Luckily I knew the location of a nearby deer stand and sprinted there. I climbed up the ladder and already saw a large pack coming my way. Without the deer stand it would have been RIP. If you ask me that's much better than any weapons they added/will add to the game.

• Like 3

Something I noticed, that I really like, is the fact that now when you exit a server you see the character you used in the menu, with the correct condition of items. It used to always show the last character played with all it's gear in pristine condition regardless of their actual condition in game. Looking forward to being able to cycle through characters in the menu, instead of selecting a server.

Also, glad to see that whatever you have in your hands at the time of logging out is shown in the menu. And when you log into a server, you don't get the "reloading" animation anymore.

j5uwrq.jpg

• Like 7

Last night I went down to Balota to pick up my friend. What we noticed is seeing players that we wouldn't otherwise be able to see due to distance and fog. They would appear as a moving dot which was really easy to track, hopefully devs are aware of this crucial bug.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

Last night I went down to Balota to pick up my friend. What we noticed is seeing players that we wouldn't otherwise be able to see due to distance and fog. They would appear as a moving dot which was really easy to track, hopefully devs are aware of this crucial bug.

That's not a new issue I noticed it during .60exp already.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingofTheWorld said:

why 3rd person just looks so wrong to me. running around bleeding reloading and keeping track of all the zombies at the same time. I think this is actually how the devs test as well.

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

This doesn't sound like bait at all.

You do know how to make a splint, right?