Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136182

Me and my buddy were running through town with a few zombies behind us, the zombies just dropped off of us and went straight to the exterior of a house with a closed door. Ended up being a guy in there hiding.

I had a fun run in with a wannabe axe murderer and the infected agroing on everybody in a town.

I wanted to just goof off so I started a new 3pp guy who right off the bat found white medical scrubs and a white balaclava and set off to ninja around Kamyshovo looking for a sewing kit to brighten up white gear. First house I found a pristine pair of the new runners in red now I'm real sneaky, I skulked around all the infected through most of the town saving the police station for last. I found an apple tree with like fifty apples on the ground, not sure if that's a new feature or if someone glitched those? I eat some apples and get full healthy, healing and stuffed so I can sprint around without worry and hit the police station, total bust.I come out the side door and here comes a guy with a motor bike helmet and a raised axe. My first though is get away so I stand and start to run, then I think if he had a gun he would have shot already I decide to sprint around getting the attention of ever infected I can and run them back past him. I rounded up maybe ten and just started running around the shed across from the police station and right through the mob of zombies over and over, he chased me in circles around the ball well withing their striking distance. This went on for what felt like ten minutes before I got bored and ran off the pier.

In that whole mess I don't think the infected could make up their mind to actually even try to hit either of us, I took no damage, heard no infected attacks, I don't think he got hit either.

• Like 3

When I launch DayZ all I see is a black screen. I can hear the game, but I can't see it. I've reinstalled, deleted DayZ folder in documents, updated graphics drivers. I dont know what else to do. 

I played a bit on NE 0-2 today in and around NWAF/Vybor area today. Me nor any of the 3 guys I was playing with heard any distant shots the whole time, we could hear each other's shots when we were in view and less than 50m of each other, and we also heard shots from people who were very close, but we heard no distant shots. I shot a guy who killed one of my friends with SKS about 150m away from the lone brown house to the west of Stary Sobor, and my friend in the house didn't even hear the shot or any of the Blaze shots that killed his friend, making him completely unaware of the sniper's position. I don't know if it's just on certain servers but we couldn't hear the majority of shots fired during the play session, and it seemed to have something to do with distance.

It also rained on the server and I had a great time shooting a couple deer and hunkering down in a shed to warm up and cook the meat. The survival is real :D

• Like 4

There are some issues with sound and lightning effects like camp fire at greater distance (600-800) meters.

I like the zeds now.  They are definitely more of a threat I find.  It is a lot harder to lone wolf it now.  Picked up a few guns and ammo on my spawn point so decided to see what would happen when you shoot zeds now.  What I found was after checking how many zeds were around finding a safe position snipe one and see now many attack.  I got the distinct feeling that zeds spawned in on the sound.  I would take out more than I could see.  Didn't mind this so much, but was disappointed to find zeds still wondering around 100 ft from where I had been doing the shooting.  Did the same sort of thing in a small village that I had practically cleared only 3 zeds left as far as I could tell.  Went into a house, shut the door then shot one of the last 3 zeds.  8 zeds later I'm safe to leave the house.  I then find 3 zeds shuffleing around in the area I had just cleared minuets earlier.  I hope they sort this as so far I don't feel like I'm clearing areas and making them safe for a time.  It would be nice to see the zeds withing hearing range of the shot come to that location as well as the spawned in ones. That is if zeds are spawning in to gun fire.  I have been in places were I have taken zeds out with a pistol/rifle and have not been inundated with zeds.  This is just an observation interested to see if others feel the same.

*New bug with paint weapon and SKS. If you`ve loaded your weapon it automatically empty it after you`ve painted with black or green spraypaint - and the bullets are gone or vanish in the process - I tried it twice to reproduce it, and the same bug appears. I only tested this bug with the SKS weapon so far.  

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Aren't you getting hot wearing that?

Oddly no. I'm maintaining a *very* stable range between 37.09 and 37.10 according to debug.  Even sitting in the direct rain for for 20 minutes the value barely changes, night, day rain or shine..

At full sprint I do see the icon status notifier occasionally go to 'hot' but after I stop sprinting it disappears quickly.  The actual value according to debug monitor never goes above 37.10.  I do wonder now if that value 37.10 is the cusp of "hot" status and this stabilized temperature loadout just runs on the cusp of it...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Oddly no. I'm maintaining a *very* stable range between 37.09 and 37.10 according to debug.  Even sitting in the direct rain for for 20 minutes the value barely changes, night, day rain or shine..

At full sprint I do see the icon status notifier occasionally go to 'hot' but after I stop sprinting it disappears quickly.  The actual value according to debug monitor never goes above 37.10.  I do wonder now if that value 37.10 is the cusp of "hot" status and this stabilized temperature loadout just runs on the cusp of it...

I thought that ho was somewhere around  37.1-37.5 but  now my 1pp guy is in full gorka and a vest, etc and he's sitting at 37.60 and I'm not getting a hot status. Even getting wet, taking jacket off and laying still isn't cooling him down either. Not sure if he's getting delayed statuses but it was the same after re-logs and different servers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flaven said:

When I launch DayZ all I see is a black screen. I can hear the game, but I can't see it. I've reinstalled, deleted DayZ folder in documents, updated graphics drivers. I dont know what else to do. 

Man fuck, I had this problem like years ago and can't remember the solution! I will post ASAP if I find it and hope it works for u!

Edited by VVarhead

32 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I thought that ho was somewhere around  37.1-37.5 but  now my 1pp guy is in full gorka and a vest, etc and he's sitting at 37.60 and I'm not getting a hot status. Even getting wet, taking jacket off and laying still isn't cooling him down either. Not sure if he's getting delayed statuses but it was the same after re-logs and different servers.

I was wondering about the delayed statuses too but I've kept this loadout for a few days now and it's been a consistent 37.10 on a few different servers.  I wonder what the difference is between our kits that keeps you warmer?  I know the stamina/weight system isn't implemented yet but carrying an item in your hands does seem to change your running pace so maybe that's effecting it? On my end I'm mostly hands free, only occasionally moving a barrel back to camp but that's about it. Also, I'm traveling very light in this patch, no primary weapon, just an amphibia and the basics.  Maybe that's the difference?  

Is your Gorka gear picking a damp status eventually - or is it remaining 100% waterproof?

On that note:  The debug monitor, originally I didn't like the idea of it (hell, it's giving more accurate direction than a compass...with a good calculator I might be able to hit debug island via Berezeki...)  but without the monitor we'd have no idea that I'm running at 37.10 and you're running a few degrees higher.  So I suppose it is good for science purposes.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Flaven said:

You might want to try running the game in your native resolution (it should be the resolution marked recommended) and setting the monitor refresh rate to 60 hertz, see if that helps.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I was wondering about the delayed statuses too but I've kept this loadout for a few days now and it's been a consistent 37.10 on a few different servers.  I wonder what the difference is between our kits that keeps you warmer?  I know the stamina/weight system isn't implemented yet but carrying an item in your hands does seem to change your running pace so maybe that's effecting it? On my end I'm mostly hands free, only occasionally moving a barrel back to camp but that's about it. Also, I'm traveling very light in this patch, no primary weapon, just an amphibia and the basics.  Maybe that's the difference?  

Is your Gorka gear picking a damp status eventually - or is it remaining 100% waterproof?

On that note:  The debug monitor, originally I didn't like the idea of it (hell, it's giving more accurate direction than a compass...with a good calculator I might be able to hit debug island via Berezeki...)  but without the monitor we'd have no idea that I'm running at 37.10 and you're running a few degrees higher.  So I suppose it is good for science purposes.

I'm keeping my hands empty for the most part but doing s fair bit of sprinting crouched. I get damp for very short time sometimes, might be my hat or facemask and the sometimes is probably delayed statuses. 

I'm getting good at managing the cold again, my 3pp guy swam from kamy to skaltisy in medical scrubs with hot pocket apples and just got a freezing message by the time I got a fire on and dryed out. 

• Like 2

On 20-11-2016 at 1:37 AM, cage53 said:

I've gotten sick in this update. I don't know if it's from drinking pond water or numerous infected encounters. Color is washed out and I am getting a 'I feel rundown' text message. We will see what happens.

As nl already stated, your character has cholera. Judging by your post, you are already low on blood. Medium and especially high impact cholera can't be survived when (already) low on blood. Unless you have someone else which can give you a saline or blood bag on a regular basis.

19 hours ago, tw0311 said:

Im gonna play some more experimental today, can anyone give me some ideas of things to try out? I was playing earlier looking for new items, didn't find anything new. I went and checked out tisy base, tried out the new gun sounds (which are great), and went and found some wolves. Is there any new survival stuff added to the experimental patch? Like new improvised items, or hunting/farming activities to do? Is the bow fixed?

The bow is fixed in someway. It doesn't have that awkward and annoying sway anymore. Instead, it only does that sway once when you pull the string but after you stabilized it, you're good to go. I currently like the bow as it is perfect for silent assassination of infected.

17 hours ago, BCBasher said:

Maybe it's a shitty workaround but is intended to make it difficult to lay in a bush sniping people actually playing the zombie game.

I hope not, that would be really annoying. They should only aggro you when they have seen you or heard you (maybe even smelled you?). It would mean that when you're looting one side of a town and someone else shoots on the other side you suddenly have a ton of infected after your ass while you didn't do shit.

16 hours ago, ebrim said:

Can anyone give me an unofficial list of what is/what is not quite working right in this current exp patch?

A few things I noticed in my short session earlier:

Rabbit traps are placing right but don't seem to be functioning still.

Barrel disappeared, couldn't interact with it except that I would still collide with where it was.

Not noticing much status update. I don't seem to be getting hungrier/thirstier.

The rabbit traps do work, I can confirm that because I have caught two or three rabbits with them with my current character.

34 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I wouldn't wait too long then if I were you. I think the debug monitor will be only an Experimental thing, not sure though.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, IMT said:

I wouldn't wait too long then if I were you. I think the debug monitor will be only an Experimental thing, not sure though.

Good point, when stable hits that monitor is probably gonna go.

Since I'm already kitted for waterproofiness I might make the run to Skalisty and swim to debug island on autopilot and take notes on the debug values that coincide with the hot/cold status indicators.  If I get a few hours later I'll see how far I can make it.  If I make it there alive I'll take note of the debug coordinates too, for future science purposes.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
speeling tpyo
  • Like 4

yeah _I didn`t notice the download - back to testing *sigh bad version. Any have issue to download the new file from steam? )

Edited by ori42

12 minutes ago, ori42 said:

yeah _I didn`t notice the download - back to testing *sigh bad version. Any have issue to download the new file from steam? )

Restart Steam I guess. Or verify the files.

• Like 2

i spent an hour in the deerstand on Skalatisy watching one particular infected it had a fairly random patrol seemingly confined to the grass field with a shed below. The two additional infected I could see on and off did not venture into my test subject's area. It came over pretty close to me but didn't loiter any longer there than anywhere else. I was prone using alt to look so I made minimal if any noise, not sure if they can hear footstep but really doubting they can "smell" you like I though. 

I learned a bit more about footsteps, the surface really affects the range both player and infected can be heard walking, i could hear my infected about twice as far when it walked on the gravel road over grass. 

As I was about to wrap this test and get dinner out of the oven I heard some distinctive footsteps, I could clearly hear a player sprinting and changing heading slightly, looking around maybe down the gravel road from the castle. When he paused to grab the ladder I shouted "Occupado!" and there was a pause, he had some panicked story about hypothermia but I was skeptical. I told him he was standing on a gravel road find a rock, I think that was a good test he ran off with his back to me a short distance away and searched for stones. I climbed down crouched and took my Mosin off my back, looked around, then set down my stone knife, a piece of paper, and matches backed away and told him they were there. He said thanks and made like he was gonna leave when I explained I was gonna watch him awhile and to just go ahead and make his fire. We chatted a bit about why he was there, how he thought hypothermia from that swim was a bug, then he died. That was in my opinion a killer DayZ moment and I was very immersed from the moment I heard his footsteps to the moment I took my fire starting shit back from his corpse. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 7

i have problems with barrels and its gonna end my testing now...two barrels have got lost...maybe bug,or someone just found it...(i doubt).
so i just made a little test with one barrel.i found it from little storagehouse and just move it maybe 20 meters away in a forestline,under the tree.
then log out and log in...barrel is gone but it has spawned back in that little storagehouse.i tried three times to hide the barrel in forest but it always spawned back in that damned little storage,

31 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

i have problems with barrels and its gonna end my testing now...two barrels have got lost...maybe bug,or someone just found it...(i doubt).
so i just made a little test with one barrel.i found it from little storagehouse and just move it maybe 20 meters away in a forestline,under the tree.
then log out and log in...barrel is gone but it has spawned back in that little storagehouse.i tried three times to hide the barrel in forest but it always spawned back in that damned little storage,

can you try logging out while carrying it? (and then log back in, place it and check if it remains)

2 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

can you try logging out while carrying it? (and then log back in, place it and check if it remains)

i found barrel and hold it in hand and log out.....now it doesnt dissapear if i left it in hide....

EDIT!!!!!

and server crash and now it happens again.
after the crash i put the barrel in beside railroad
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804299299

log out and log in and barrel have moved in the forest
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=804299196

Edited by kopo79

How do you even drop a barrel without it going into the ground? 

Every barrel vanishes upon release from hands.