Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136182

A reminder...

https://forums.dayz.com/guidelines/

Reporting Hacks / suspected cheaters / exploits etc
Please don't post hacking topics on the forum, they achieve no value in solving the issue, do not expedite any action taken against these players and in some cases may give these players the satisfaction/recognition that may motivate them. More info. The posting of exploits, duping and other in-game glitches that can be abused whether by text or video, is strictly forbidden.

Please report to the Bug Tracker or PM one of the Staff (I sugest Baty Alqawen). 

Thanks.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, PongoZ said:

Shoot the white one, I had them all leave once when I did that.

Thanks but I was testing a theory that they couldn't hit or hit properly if your stance was lower than standing, they can.

I'm still a little confused about how they spawn and acquire a target but both time the howls started off barely audible, I didn't move more than a few feet from first hearing them and they came right to me.

As far as I'm concerned they're a little too bullet resistant, I've shot them with 9mm, 308 and 7.62X39mm and the 9 didn't even phase them and the 30 cal rifles took two shots even straight though their trunk head on. I don't think even a grizzly bear would keep fighting if you put a 308 though it's breast bone, that's a guaranteed incapacitating kill shot on most four legged animals, the breast bone and ribs shatter and the heart and lungs get perforated by bone splinters.

**edit** Thinking back the first ones I fought from inside a house, I let in and axed two and shot a third out the window, I did one shot the alpha with a headshot from an elevated position with an m70. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

does any1 know why i keep getting my character wiped, i played the other day got gear and logged off in a military building up north because i was surrounded by wolfs and was done playing. Today i log in and my character doesnt show up and when i log in to the same server i have a fresh character any1 know if this is a bug or if im doing something that is getting my character killed. This happen to me also in an earlier patch

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ill will said:

does any1 know why i keep getting my character wiped, i played the other day got gear and logged off in a military building up north because i was surrounded by wolfs and was done playing. Today i log in and my character doesnt show up and when i log in to the same server i have a fresh character any1 know if this is a bug or if im doing something that is getting my character killed. This happen to me also in an earlier patch

Characters weren't always saving after server crashes in earlier versions it's supposed to be getting better, I haven't had more than a few minute rollback personally.

My current character never shows in the menu until I've been in game and come back out.

26 minutes ago, ill will said:

realy depends on when you last played if it's normal or not...

characters were wiped with the last pathc, so if you played the last time before, its normal

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ill will said:

when you logg in there is the "please wait" displayed, your char is visible for other players, up to 30-45 sec.

loggin out in military buildings is the worst place to logg out.

you stay at your place for an "long" time before you could see or do something, so maybe someone saw you standing there and killed you

On 18.11.2016 at 4:36 PM, BCBasher said:

I started carrying a compass and stopped running lost in circles like a noob last night, made my way with purpose to NWAF to get a vest and was not disappointed. I ran straight there from the coast unarmed in a yellow raincoat intending to just sneak through and try and talk my way out of death if need be. I found a new black assault pack, kinda cool 32 slots and looks very similar to the khaki one I have in real life, how long have those been in?

The assault backpack was added with .60

I'm also playing on the SNG-02 server. How far north do you travel?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wasnu said:

when you logg in there is the "please wait" displayed, your char is visible for other players, up to 30-45 sec.

loggin out in military buildings is the worst place to logg out.

you stay at your place for an "long" time before you could see or do something, so maybe someone saw you standing there and killed you

This is not accurate anymore.  You can now log out in the prone position, crouched, or standing, and maintain that posture for the duration of your 30 second logout.  Logging in now delays displaying your character until you are fully logged-in and have control over the character.

I have tested this numerous times with small groups in close quarters.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

This is not accurate anymore.  You can now log out in the prone position, crouched, or standing, and maintain that posture for the duration of your 30 second logout.  Logging in now delays displaying your character until you are fully logged-in and have control over the character.

Very good to know!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

spawned yesterday (freshspawn) after the last patch and someone spawned right near me, he was standing there for over 30 sec. before he was able to see/move.

i asked him if he is/was afk (after he moved), nope he  was also an freshspawn (not an killed respawn)

i will test it tonight with daughters acc to prove it

• Like 2

Got a good amount of playtime now.

I really like the patch, desync is getting better, however performance is a lot worse for me. I used to get really good fps in 0.60 and now the game stutters like hell.

All of my friends seem to have better fps, am I really the only one whose fps have worsened? 

Also, the biggest problem with this patch imo is still the loot distribution. It needs to be much more random, like it was in previous patches. Food almost exclusively spawns inside clothes, and there's still too much food.

Apples shouldn't be an infinite resource, either. Each tree should have an item pool which you can access and a player who is late to the party only gets the rotten apples that are left, simple as that. They should only refresh with server-restart.

Also it seems like certain buildings are prone to dropping certain things. For example - Some barrack will only spawn aviator glasses and clothes, while another barrack will EXCLUSIVELY spawn 7,62x39 Rounds, and nothing else. It seems like loot is really really broken. I will do more testing on this subject, however I can't find a way to post in the feedback tracker.

There are a lot of bugs tied to the loot - for example if you move some of the loot from a building outside, and drop it right outside, a duplicate of the item will appear inside the building at the exact same spot where it spawned before.

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 2

I'm finding that when I select 'play' on the server I used the last session I get a 'memory could not be read error'. If I then go into the server menu and pick the server I last played on than all is good.

40 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Also it seems like certain buildings are prone to dropping certain things. For example - Some barrack will only spawn aviator glasses and clothes, while another barrack will EXCLUSIVELY spawn 7,62x39 Rounds, and nothing else. It seems like loot is really really broken. I will do more testing on this subject, however I can't find a way to post in the feedback tracker.

There are a lot of bugs tied to the loot - for example if you move some of the loot from a building outside, and drop it right outside, a duplicate of the item will appear inside the building at the exact same spot where it spawned before.

I notice exactly the same thing. The hospital + tec building are chest holster heaven, the large deer stands in the north only have range finders. Some time ago I created a ticket here https://feedback.bistudio.com/T120751 if you have more intel maybe you can add it there.

I also observed the teleporting of dropped items back to the spawn point (also true for barrels).

I think I noticed another problem with the sync of infected. If you approach an over watch position in an area with infected I noticed that sometimes you can see infected that are bouncing/warping around until they start to behave normally. Today I even saw it from relative close range: a deer was stuck in a village and some infected did chase the deer but the movement was really choppy and suddenly all infected that did chase the deer did aggro on me (I was still far away). That was kind of strange since I had suddenly a large amount of infected chasing me although there where no along the path I entered the city. I suspect that they did spawn behind me. I created a ticket for that as well https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121449

Generally I really enjoy the initial "gear up" phase. You can find enough items to get started but not enough to get bored soon. Here are two screenshots of the evening/a rainy night. The screenshot from the night is a bit dark but in game it was a really fitting and believable atmosphere.

N8Ic9DG.jpg

iO3EwY0.jpg

Edited by bingo_fuel
  • Like 3

My friend suffered a slow death due to hypothermia, it's quite unforgiving in this patch. Instead of having fun we spent the whole evening trying to avoid the inevitable, but we failed. The rain was falling non-stop, he used 3 heatpacks, we had raincoat and wellies and overall all the clothing. Even got him that puffy jacket when we were inside a house trying to warm up for more then half an hour by the fireplace, but it was all in vain. I guess his temperature was already pretty low to begin with. Anyway, what would you guys suggest to counter it, or at least keep it balanced. 

Edited by Bonappetit
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

My friend suffered a slow death due to hypothermia, it's quite unforgiving in this patch. Instead of having fun we spent the whole evening trying to avoid the inevitable, but we failed. The rain was falling non-stop, he used 3 heatpacks, we had raincoat and wellies and overall all the clothing. Even got him that puffy jacket when we were inside a house trying to warm up for more then half an hour by the fireplace, but it was all in vain. I guess his temperature was already pretty low to begin with. Anyway, what would you guys suggest to counter it, or at least keep it balanced. 

Sounds like fun to me :)

On another note: will there be more diseases and/or ill conditions later in the game dev.? 

Had a human steak. Forgot about kuru.

*facepalm self 

Is there a cure? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bingo_fuel said:

The assault backpack was added with .60

I'm also playing on the SNG-02 server. How far north do you travel?

I think I'm on the AUS 1pp now just outside SInistok, I'm not sure if I'm going to see the TIsy base or head east looking for more wolves to see if they eat hats,

I've gotten sick in this update. I don't know if it's from drinking pond water or numerous infected encounters. Color is washed out and I am getting a 'I feel rundown' text message. We will see what happens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I think I'm on the AUS 1pp now just outside SInistok, I'm not sure if I'm going to see the TIsy base or head east looking for more wolves to see if they eat hats,

I cannot find the 1pp servers I was on before. Are the NA 1pp servers gone or am I just tarded with this server browser?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

I cannot find the 1pp servers I was on before. Are the NA 1pp servers gone or am I just tarded with this server browser?

Not sure, I believe the filter is for 3pp so you toggle it to a red x to not show 3pp.

31 minutes ago, PongoZ said:

i didn't see any last time i searched, my luck was that im from europe and we still have two of them running

25 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Not sure, I believe the filter is for 3pp so you toggle it to a red x to not show 3pp.

i have noticed that the "previously played" option overrides the 3pp filter. if it's not ticked, it works as you describe: red cross= don't show 3pp servers

• Like 1

Tips to 0.61

To avoid hypothermia you must use a helmet and rain coat. With this gear you can stay in rain ....

Sawed-off IZH-43 is one the best anti wolf pack weapon in the game. Other shotguns  works good... but Sawed-off IZH-43 can stay in backpack

Amphibia in 0.61  is very usefull to down zombies in silence. One hit in head or 3 hits in body. And 22 lr ammo is very very easy to find.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, kataro said:

Tips to 0.61

To avoid hypothermia you must use a helmet and rain coat. With this gear you can stay in rain ....

*snip*

I think a raincoat and any head gear is sufficient, helmets make you look hostile,

I dried out sprinting in the rain after a short swim in a raincoat and cowboy hat. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

Sounds like fun to me :)

On another note: will there be more diseases and/or ill conditions later in the game dev.? 

Had a human steak. Forgot about kuru.

*facepalm self 

Is there a cure? 

There is currently no cure for Kuru so you're stuck with it until you die. 

11 hours ago, cage53 said:

I've gotten sick in this update. I don't know if it's from drinking pond water or numerous infected encounters. Color is washed out and I am getting a 'I feel rundown' text message. We will see what happens.

I had that too but from drinking pond water, in the status window in the right top you will probably see "cholera" listed under modifiers.