Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136182

4 minutes ago, IMT said:

I guess you have no clue what Experimental is meant for. In Experimental shit might be broken and we have to deal with because, well... it's called Experimental for a reason. Unless it's really unplayable (and hearing no gunshot sounds is not unplayable) they might rollback to an earlier build which worked. They did that when they did an update and the servers were totally unplayable after that update so they reversed it until they fixed it. They reversed it a few times to be honest.

I know bro what experimental is :) If you are playing pvp like most people on exp then its unplayable(you cant say its not when you dont hear the shots where it came from). Most of the things you wrote i agree , hope they will fix it in upcoming days.

I agree, its "unplayable" that you have issues with.

Curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Since the beginning of .61 exp, the overall game sounds as a whole are not as loud as they are on .60 (except for voip).  It's like the entire sound for the whole game was turned down about 25%.

Has anyone else noticed this?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thebaddestass said:

Curious if anyone else has noticed this.

Since the beginning of .61 exp, the overall game sounds as a whole are not as loud as they are on .60 (except for voip).  It's like the entire sound for the whole game was turned down about 25%.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Yep exactly like you said , but i think someone already mentioned this.

14 minutes ago, CONFy- said:

I know bro what experimental is :) If you are playing pvp like most people on exp then its unplayable(you cant say its not when you dont hear the shots where it came from). Most of the things you wrote i agree , hope they will fix it in upcoming days.

I believe exp is mainly for testing the new items/enhancements to the game itself.  So that bugs for those enhancements  can be found and reported.  

Its main function is not to be used for PVP. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, CONFy- said:

Yep exactly like you said , but i think someone already mentioned this.

Nice to know.  I have read through all the .61 threads since 61 started but didn't remember reading it.

Can you or anyone else confirm if it has been submitted to the feedback tracker?

Holy shit, it's a miracle! I went unconscious and I decided to wait and it payed off. Apparently during the time I was unconscious my cholera went from stage 3 to 4 so I started getting blood back and eventually woke up. I'm still alive! So you can survive low and medium impact cholera on your own as long if you make sure you got enough blood. I would say full blood would be the best, I was around 4200 blood I believe when I start losing blood.

For high impact cholera you are doomed on your own, don't even try it. You will need someone else to give you blood or a saline or you will not survive it.

28 minutes ago, CONFy- said:

It seems you don't because there is no specific thing you play for. You play on Experimental and while playing you find things and yes one of those things is the gunshot sounds. But to state that it's totally unplayable and they need to rollback is ridiculous. Unplayable for me is constant crashing, really being unable to play, etc. For me and I guess for most of the people that's what we call unplayble. 

11 minutes ago, thebaddestass said:

Nice to know.  I have read through all the .61 threads since 61 started but didn't remember reading it.

Can you or anyone else confirm if it has been submitted to the feedback tracker?

Please read the OP before posting.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, IMT said:

Please read the OP before posting.

I did and do.  However nothing in the OP says anything about what I said as the overall volume of every sound in the game being lower than what it was on .60.  Including ambient sounds.

Please read the OP again before posting.

Also, please read a users post thoroughly before replying to their post.

I ask again, does anyone know if this has been submitted to the tracker?

Edited by thebaddestass

4 minutes ago, thebaddestass said:

I did and do.  However nothing in the OP says anything about what I said as the overall volume of every sound in the game being lower than what it was on .60.  Including ambient sounds.

Please read the OP again before posting.

Also, please read a users post thoroughly before replying to their post.

pls stop wasting our time, as IMT wrote, read the op and do not kiddish going around the faults you made.

thank you 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CONFy- said:

If you are playing Experimental solely for a correctly-working PVP experience for your personal enjoyment, then your concerns are categorically invalid, nobody here cares, and you are wasting your time complaining here.  Up vote the existing ticket on the feedback tracker and keep on playing as best you can.  Or quit playing until stable...

No gunshots is not unplayable, it's just a bit more stressful during confrontations, and more frustrating when you die. 

Have you tried the disinfectant lately?  I hear they added some crisp lemony flavor, but I'm too scared to take a swig.  Would you mind doing some experimental testing on that for us?  ; P

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, wasnu said:

pls stop wasting our time, as IMT wrote, read the op and do not kiddish going around the faults you made.

thank you 

I did read it, multiple times.  Still says nothing about what I was referencing.

Wasting your time???  You sure you aren't supposed to be on the subreddit instead of the forums with your entitled attitude????

Please oh great entitled one, quote the OP where it references what I was talking about.

If you are talking about this: Some issues noticed with sounds being played to all players within the network bubble radius

Then you are wrong.  That is completely different than what I am talking about.

Edited by thebaddestass

Awwwe geez, the kos kid are shitting up the EXP forum again.

We know for a fact if you point your gun at someone then left click they die, the pvp mechanics are functioning as intended.

Go test PVP on stable so we can work on trying the stuff that's gonna make you shitheels rage quit and go back to COD.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Awwwe geez, the kos kid are shitting up the EXP forum again.

We know for a fact if you point your gun at someone then left click they die, the pvp mechanics are functioning as intended.

Go test PVP on stable so we can work on trying the stuff that's gonna make you shitheels rage quit and go back to COD.

I know I should just let this go but good lord man this is a poor attitude.  Pointing and clicking on someone's head is no more or less valid than scroll wheeling on garden plots (and vice versa).  Both are big parts of DayZ and both need to be tested during the Experimental phases.  I get that the kid's reading comprehension isn't all that great but responding with such copious amounts of smugness is akin to blocking a 10 year old's jump shot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, plasteek said:

I know I should just let this go but good lord man this is a poor attitude.  Pointing and clicking on someone's head is no more or less valid than scroll wheeling on garden plots (and vice versa).  Both are big parts of DayZ and both need to be tested during the Experimental phases.  I get that the kid's reading comprehension isn't all that great but responding with such copious amounts of smugness is akin to blocking a 10 year old's jump shot.

Bitching about a known minor issue and blowing it up into "unplayable".

That sounds to me like the same PVP pros who watch me take take out four infected with a pick axe then shoot me and talk shit like it was an epic kill.

I apologize for neither my poor attitude, nor my smugness. 

People who play this game as purely a pvp game are scum and not going to stick around anyway if it turns out anywhere close to the developers vision and what anyone who read the description bought it as.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Bitching about a known minor issue and blowing it up into "unplayable".

That sounds to me like the same PVP pros who watch me take take out four infected with a pick axe then shoot me and talk shit like it was an epic kill.

I apologize for neither my poor attitude, nor my smugness. 

People who play this game as purely a pvp game are scum and not going to stick around anyway if it turns out anywhere close to the developers vision and what anyone who read the description bought it as.

His hyperbolic language notwithstanding, it seemed to me that he was observing that if you view a player from a distance that had the "nude" texture bug, you wouldn't be able to hear their gunshots.  While all of this *may* be tied to the server performance which of course is always being worked on, it is still an interesting observation if true, and it's the first time I'd seen it mentioned here or on the Feedback Tracker (though I haven't yet had a chance to check it, today).

Not much to say on your passionate opinion of PvP'ers.  People who look at the game as one-dimensional are cheating themselves out of a much better experience, no doubt.  Scum?  Eh.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, plasteek said:

His hyperbolic language notwithstanding, it seemed to me that he was observing that if you view a player from a distance that had the "nude" texture bug, you wouldn't be able to hear their gunshots.  While all of this *may* be tied to the server performance which of course is always being worked on, it is still an interesting observation if true, and it's the first time I'd seen it mentioned here or on the Feedback Tracker (though I haven't yet had a chance to check it, today).

Not much to say on your passionate opinion of PvP'ers.  People who look at the game as one-dimensional are cheating themselves out of a much better experience, no doubt.  Scum?  Eh.

Yep, scum.

• Like 1

Brief video of wolves attacking infected. I would have stayed longer but I didn't want to become their next meal before doing more testing.

3 hours ago, thebaddestass said:

I did read it, multiple times.  Still says nothing about what I was referencing.

Wasting your time???  You sure you aren't supposed to be on the subreddit instead of the forums with your entitled attitude????

Please oh great entitled one, quote the OP where it references what I was talking about.

If you are talking about this: Some issues noticed with sounds being played to all players within the network bubble radius

Then you are wrong.  That is completely different than what I am talking about.

The OP definitely says something about sounds being too soft and VoIP being too loud. And even if it isn't in there, it was mentioned in previous topics by players, including me. I'm also sure it's already reported in the feedback tracker. Searching on the forums or in a topic and on the feedback tracker wouldn't hurt.

And who knows, maybe it's not a bug but a feature. ;)

• Like 2

So who's tried playing dead with the wolves?

I logged in to howls and went prone and crawled under a small evergreen tree, they kept coming closer and surrounded me. They started laying down around me, I couldn't see all of them because of the tree and heard what sounded like an occasional attack sound but took no damage. After maybe five minutes I started to get bored and figured I was immune to their attacks either way, I wish I had of waited longer I was in good shape and clothed well enough to be still for awhile. I started shooting them chambering a cz572  they could hit me and cause bleeding damage but it was minimal I killed three took and bunch of hits but was over four-thousand health and blood. One of their strikes did the push thing like infected launching me ten to fifteen feet out of the tree on to the road. I don't think you can wait them out and their target acquisition and agro seems to be being handled way differently than infected. 

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 4

Logged back in, exact same situation. I crawled back in the tree. This time they immediately attacked me. Five hits, by four I had bandaged and was still at over four-thousand health and blood but hit five was instadeath.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Logged back in, exact same situation. I crawled back in the tree. This time they immediately attacked me. Five hits, by four I had bandaged and was still at over four-thousand health and blood but hit five was instadeath.

Were you wearing headgear in less than ruined condition?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Were you wearing headgear in less than ruined condition?

I feel kind of stupid now, I didn't check.

It was a pristine cowboy hat before the first time, I checked my m65 and vest after teh first go round but never even thought to note my hat.

Shoot the white one, I had them all leave once when I did that.

• Like 3

this week i started playing/testing dayz again and this is by far what i experienced :

game is starting to feel more like a survival game. i know there are issues, there are unbalance stuff but to be honest i died several times to environment. wolfs are pretty dangerous, canned food is in right balance imo, economy feels right most of the times, weather is a b*tch. hell, zombies are good beside a few issues here and there. but in total this is a great start.

.61 has it's own issues, bugs and all! but even in the current state, it's a big step toward the right direction. 

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 6