Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136147

Anyone else having an issue with a GPU related crash in this patch? It's happened to me twice now. Both my monitors cease to output video but the PC keeps on running, DayZ included. Doesn't happen in anything else so I know it's something specific to Exp.

On a high ping server, 1PP.

I had a great time stealthily landing headshots with the amphibia and looting a large NW town.

Heading further North, I found myself at Kamensk base with a large variety of civilian firearms with ammo for all (amphibia, red 9, magnum, winchester, mp-133).

BUT, almost as soon as I found the barracks, wolves descended on me.

They seemed to have trouble pathing around the buildings and initially I had no trouble running from building to building.

Once I looted the area I thought I would try to be "cool" and kill all the wolves.

At first there was just one wolf and he came through the door greeted by a shotgun blast to the face which dropped him.

I closed the door and skinned him.

KB06vSX.jpg

Still thinking I was cool, I opened the door and backed up again.

That's when complete havoc broke out and it was jaws and claws a slash n' and a snappin'.

LH3etR6.jpg

I managed to hold them off for a bit but started to bleed and wanted to bandage and change weapons.

I was able to clear the structure and close the door but almost as soon as I started bandaging there were infected now inside with me!

Either the infected clipped through the structure or the high ping/desynch conditions allowed the infected to now be trapped inside with me when I thought I had safely closed the door.

I dropped a couple more infected and maybe another wolf and bolted out the door.

As I was running I was trying to zig zag or outrun the wolves as instructed here but I was continually getting bitten.

With motorcycle helmet, raincoat, vest, jeans, and sneakers, I took at least 4 direct strikes from the wolves before I went down and that includes many infected strikes as well.

So yeah, even though that character wasn't particularly long lived it was actually really fun.

I am looking forward to future patches where the interactions are improved.

With alllll the bugginess, trying to manage the mayhem with consistent results is challenging to say the least.

• Like 2

I was hypothermic and I made a fireplace but couldn't see the status that I was warming up. My health also dropped down quite fast and I'm not sure if it was cause of that or I was too close to the fire, I didn't see any message so couldn't pin point it.

Also few minutes later on the server restart I logged in dead. Then I noticed I had around -30 000 blood and I only guessed my character somehow dropped through the floor (was in the forest, nowhere near the stairs or edges), turns out I was right as that was the exact reason on the status bar, fall damage. After I died my friend got ravaged by the wolves, they're no joke :)

Edited by Bonappetit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ColdAtrophy said:

Anyone else having an issue with a GPU related crash in this patch? It's happened to me twice now. Both my monitors cease to output video but the PC keeps on running, DayZ included. Doesn't happen in anything else so I know it's something specific to Exp.

On the first day of the experimental - when servers were crashing and stuff - I got a crash of some sort which resulted in a white screen, but could still hear the game in the background (it was only birds and wind and stuff, could have just been looping audio). That might be related. Only happened once, though.

Besides that I've noticed my PC fans go crazy when playing DayZ, accompanied by a core temp increase. Don't remember if that was the case before, however, and I can't rule out hardware issues,

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BeefBacon said:

could still hear the game in the background (it was only birds and wind and stuff, could have just been looping audio). That might be related. Only happened once, though.

That's what I'm seeing. Left screen went white and right screen (which is my main and the one I run all my games on) goes black and I can still hear the game. Alt+Tab does nothing. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing. I've got a Gigabyte GTX 970. It's a little over a year old. I suppose there could be something wrong with it, but I can binge anything else for far longer and I have no issues whatsoever.

23 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

That's what I'm seeing. Left screen went white and right screen (which is my main and the one I run all my games on) goes black and I can still hear the game. Alt+Tab does nothing. Ctrl+Alt+Del does nothing. I've got a Gigabyte GTX 970. It's a little over a year old. I suppose there could be something wrong with it, but I can binge anything else for far longer and I have no issues whatsoever.

Have you tried different graphics card drivers? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Have you tried different graphics card drivers? 

Yes. I updated the driver in between the two crashes.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

I've had this problem pop up a couple times.  It seems pretty random.  I had to deal with it three times since Exp dropped this go-around, but I noticed no common factors, and the instances were pretty spaced apart.

I tried Alt-Tabbing, and bringing up task manager.  I actually got my mouse to work on another screen once by changing the display settings and changing which screen was primary, but it was too much trouble to worry about it.

If you put your computer in sleep mode, it will fix the issue with limited interruption of open apps/browser tabs.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Diablo2.0 said:

It is possible?:

any lightning corresponds to a player?? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VFfZjK9G4s

Minute: 1.33   :)

I've never heard of a case like this and I don't think it spawned because of the player.

Just a random coincidence.

Also will we see an update to fix lightning sounds not being positional in .61 since the new audio module was implemented? (Maybe even fix lightning strikes during clear skies)

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

This patch and the previous one I've had similar results as @BeefBacon above.

White screen and I can hear the audio (birds chirping on the menu/character screen).  

It seems to happen when exiting the game and I've also had it load right into the white screen upon starting Dayz.  

I've never had it happen just randomly while playing the game though.

Ctrl-alt-del does bring up taskman in the background and I can see it by alt-tabbing, but I can't access it - as soon as I release the alt key the white screen steals focus.

22 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

If you put your computer in sleep mode, it will fix the issue with limited interruption of open apps/browser tabs.

FN+F1!  I hadn't thought to try that, that's something to try for next time.  

details: nvidia geforce gtx 860M / driver version 372.90 / Win 8.1

• Like 3

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but shotguns got changed. I had my friend blast me point blank in the calves with a double barrel and it killed me instantly. My blood went from 4800+ to -90 and I was dead! They also cause bleeding now.

• Like 3

Im not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but I've noticed if I lean to the left or right DAYZ crashes...I can play for hours on end with no crashing whatsoever, but as soon as I lean left or right Dayz crashes. Anyone else having this issue before I report it? I can reproduce this crash 100 percent everytime. 

1 hour ago, Kohlbar said:

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but shotguns got changed. I had my friend blast me point blank in the calves with a double barrel and it killed me instantly. My blood went from 4800+ to -90 and I was dead! They also cause bleeding now.

I literally lol'ed at this...not sure if trolling or not, but if you shoot someone point blank in the calves with a shotgun those limbs are toast. You dead bruh. Your friends aint loyal lol

18 minutes ago, madfirehawk said:

I literally lol'ed at this...not sure if trolling or not, but if you shoot someone point blank in the calves with a shotgun those limbs are toast. You dead bruh. Your friends aint loyal lol

In previous patches shotgun blasts to limbs only broke bones and dealt no health or blood damage. My friend is loyal because he agreed to shoot me for science. 

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 2

Hey guys,

When will release stable 0.61?

Thanks for answer.

Edited by Seky700

zombie noises still to low.

wolf howling much louder then last patch und VOIP still toooo loud.

• Like 1

to be honest I like those moire silent infected. I'm always scared by steps now - 99% are infected - because I always think there's a player :D

• Like 1

Some issues I encountered which I thought were solved?

-serverlist not showing icons for 1st or 1st/3rd person (second refresh usually does show them)

-after a while of playing open doors render as closed, have to first shut and then open.

-sometimes not able to enter a building, cannot enter door and just stick in running animation without entering

-health / cold / hunger / thirst status sometimes not updating / keeps stuck at initial spawn values.

-warming up at a fire does not seem to go much faster than simply sprinting.

BTW: good loot is so scarce, in about 5 hours of play I think I found no more than 4 canned foods, I love it ;)

Edited by nl
  • Like 2

First of all: Fuck everyone that KoS'd me yesterday. :P

Secondly: Has anyone else noticed that Zombies-sounds are extremely silent compared to all other sounds?

Lightning is also affected I believe.

Is this a bug? Can some1 report this? I can't open a thread in the bug tracker forum somehow. 

1 hour ago, nl said:

Some issues I encountered which I thought were solved?

-serverlist not showing icons for 1st or 1st/3rd person (second refresh usually does show them)

-after a while of playing open doors render as closed, have to first shut and then open.

-sometimes not able to enter a building, cannot enter door and just stick in running animation without entering

-health / cold / hunger / thirst status sometimes not updating / keeps stuck at initial spawn values.

-warming up at a fire does not seem to go much faster than simply sprinting.

BTW: good loot is so scarce, in about 5 hours of play I think I found no more than 4 canned foods, I love it ;)

If you check the initial post you can find the known issues which are being worked on. Some of those are on your list. Maybe you misinterpreted that post but those are known and still unsolved issues which are being worked on.

Now I have to disagree with the warming up thing. When my character was fresh I made a fire to cook and saw my temperature go almost up as fast as it goes down when it's raining.

27 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

First of all: Fuck everyone that KoS'd me yesterday. :P

Secondly: Has anyone else noticed that Zombies-sounds are extremely silent compared to all other sounds?

Lightning is also affected I believe.

Is this a bug? Can some1 report this? I can't open a thread in the bug tracker forum somehow. 

Same thing applies to you, read the first post. It's a known issue which is being worked on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

Now I have to disagree with the warming up thing. When my character was fresh I made a fire to cook and saw my temperature go almost up as fast as it goes down when it's raining.

Well, I was at 34.5 degrees, lit a fire and it took over 5 minutes to gain 1 degree body heat. Since I was starving I had to abandon the fire and look for food, body temp rose about as fast when I was sprinting as when I was near the fire (no longer raining).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nl said:

Well, I was at 34.5 degrees, lit a fire and it took over 5 minutes to gain 1 degree body heat. Since I was starving I had to abandon the fire and look for food, body temp rose about as fast when I was sprinting as when I was near the fire (no longer raining).

Interesting, might've been the weather then. I will definitely keep an eye on my temperature next time I light a fire.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nl said:

I'm not sure if this is real or not but it seems to me the heat from the fire doesn't go as far away anymore? I've been getting right in there almost standing in it an it seems to tick faster.

On the note of heat I was getting "hot" in the rain standing still, slow walking, and sneaking yesterday wearing a rain coat, hunters pants, cowboy hat, and bandana face mask.

The infected bumping is real, had to f11 myself after finding my first longhorn in forever because I got pushed into one of the false rooms in a log house and even disconnecting running against the wall wouldn't get me out.