Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136147

We're working on putting another Exp/Unstable update out with a few changes in them:

We're looking at fixes to some volume issues, fixes to server browser icons not properly displaying time of day, addressing positional audio issues for wolves, and issues with stutter/choppiness when zooming/ADS.
Character saving should now be resolved.
We're still working on issues with server performance, which causes problems such as:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 11

Wonder if we will get a wipe, not that it matters to me at this point, just spawned in since the last build so I was fresh anyway. :)

By the way, I found a Mackarel fillet on an infected. Does anyone know if this can be eaten raw or do I need to cook/grill it?

Also good to know that the character saving is probably fixed now.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

No character wipe @IMT with this new build - It was confirmed 17 min ago on twitter! :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ori42 said:

No character wipe @IMT with this new build - It was confirmed 17 min ago on twitter! :)

I read that message but it doesn't say explicitly if there will be a wipe yes or no.

Or did someone ask it on there and they replied?

Edit: I see now, never mind this message.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I was fully gear so I`m happy with no wipe, hehe. I only have a Mousin with PU scope, but I`ve enough 9 mm rounds with a CR75 with pistol silencer for zambies. 

Actually, I don`t mind to start over as a newspawn with a shotgun, or whatever weapon you happen to find in the area, and just run to NW Airfield - and cross fingers u don`t get sniped on the way, or chased by pack of wolves! ))

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I was fully gear so I`m happy with no wipe, hehe. 

Actually, I don`t mind to start over as newspawn with a shotgun or whatever weapon you happen to find in the area, and just run to NW Airfield - and cross fingers u don`t get sniped on the way! ))

That's exactly the reason why I wanted to know if there is a wipe ghehe. Fresh loot, smaller chance of dying, etc. But I guess I can continue looting from where I ended.

• Like 1

For some reason I'm getting "Connection failed" on every server I try to join :/

Edit: I did not have the correct version I guess, since there was a 37 somewhat mb update in queue. But I toggled propper version match in-game so the server shouldn't even popup then :)

Edited by Woopie
  • Like 1

36.7 mb

Version number: see title :P

• Like 2

Has anyone else tried leaving notes, paper seems to have a slow decay of be persistent.

I tried last night and couldn't read the not I just wrote.

Edited by BCBasher

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Has anyone else tried leaving notes, paper seems to have a slow decay of be persistent.

I tried last night and could read the not I just wrote.

This is a known issue. But thank you for feedback.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

This is a known issue. But thank you for feedback.

Thanks for answering that.

Are we working towards handling paper differently than other items as far as cleanup to make it actually meaningful to leave notes eventually?

Where are the wolf sounds??!!

I just shat myself...:)

I was running through the woods and just came upon an open field. When all of a sudden i see 2 wolves on my right flank. I was like; when did they....wtf. Dodged left... oh crap another. Why did i not hear them??

Made it to a house running and dodging zigging and zagging (appearently they cannot bite  succesfully in full run)

they wandered off now but what a rush!!

I wasn't able to record video of it but I was at Tisy and saw wolves attacking the infected so wolves do attack the infected.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Evan.G said:

anyone know if having a tent set up will work in between updates

I'm not sure as i had several set up along with a barrel. Either it was wiped due to the patch or some lamer (which I suspect) came along and took everything.

looks like the infected are much more aggressive at night.

feels great

The bug with the "craft stone knife" resulting in searching another stone is still there

Just played a couple hours, my experience had calorie consumption way up, which was awesome. I resorted to fishing, but didn't know I cant cookem on a stick. Doors worked, stutter inside/weapon raised better, status updates seemed to work so far.

Hey there,

guys, anyone else has the issue of zombies pushing you when they move or attack?

one thing i noticed last build, a wolf just got me killed with 2 attacks while i had over 4800 health and over 3600 blood, isn't it a bit unbalanced or buggy ?

EDIT: just one think i like to mention, it wasn't a "bone fraction time" or some thing like that because i was a total freshy while it happened.

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)

without headgear (helmet) wolfs are very deadly.

try playing on the lowest ping servers, the "zeds pushing" you trough walls/fences whatever will stop.

With ping above 100 zeds turn into an plaque, "flying" around you like ben johnson on extasy.

so lower the ping so better the handling with zeds is 

• Like 2

R.I.P. IMT, just got cholera. Not sure how I got it. I was already low on blood and my health is a bit down too and wasn't fully healing so I thought I'd stop for some pumpkins and peppers. I only had a gasoline canister to water them with and filled it with pond water. I accidently drank from it and now I'm getting the cholera messages. What's weird is that I canceled the drinking action but I still got cholera. Gonna log off for now and will be online later. Maybe someone can bring me some medicine or at least a saline. Surviving this is almost impossible on your own, tried it before and didn't succeed.

38 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

Just played a couple hours, my experience had calorie consumption way up, which was awesome. I resorted to fishing, but didn't know I cant cookem on a stick. Doors worked, stutter inside/weapon raised better, status updates seemed to work so far.

Yeah, I think they did. I'm having an hard time getting my energy into bright green without having to resort to growing/catching/hunting food.

26 minutes ago, VahidkinG(2ndAcc) said:

Hey there,

guys, anyone else has the issue of zombies pushing you when they move or attack?

one thing i noticed last build, a wolf just got me killed with 2 attacks while i had over 4800 health and over 3600 blood, isn't it a bit unbalanced or buggy ?

EDIT: just one think i like to mention, it wasn't a "bone fraction time" or some thing like that because i was a total freshy while it happened.

Wolves aim for the jugular in real life and they do the same in-game the only difference is they hit your head in-game but has kind of the same result in the end.

• Like 3

@IMT $ @wasnu

well, ty guys for the info. 

the thing is i don't have any server listed for low pings because my country is really poor in network condition unfortunately. i didn't have this problem before so i hope they manage to stable it for high pings. ty anyways.

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I wasn't able to record video of it but I was at Tisy and saw wolves attacking the infected so wolves do attack the infected.

Yes. The first encounter I had with wolves, 8 days ago, was in Pavlovo military base, and they were eating an infected they had just killed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasnu said:

without headgear (helmet) wolfs are very deadly.

try playing on the lowest ping servers, the "zeds pushing" you trough walls/fences whatever will stop.

With ping above 100 zeds turn into an plaque, "flying" around you like ben johnson on extasy.

so lower the ping so better the handling with zeds is 

If they are aiming for the head/neck I don't think they compensate when you're crouched.

I just fought and killed 3 with a blaze and a cowboy hat, I only took about 200 health and a little over 500 blood damage in a half dozen hits with no hat damage. I stayed calm crouched and did and fired 2 aimed shots when they were doing their "wind up" animation before pouncing and reloaded while one was attacking. I dumped a whole silenced glock 19 into the first one and still had to finish it with the blaze, the next two took two shots from the blaze not sure if I was getting headshots.

I'm loving my beartrap and duct tape, sneak up to about twenty feet from an infected, place and arm the trap, step back and stand up, the tape repairs form badly damaged to damaged indefinitely, I didn't have time to try it on the wolves, curious if it one shots them.   

• Like 2