Sign in to follow this  
robbyj

Blog

I didn't see an area to kind to post this sort of information so I believe this was the most appropriate category. I will be attempting to document my players life in Dayz. At the end of each life I will attempt to provide a useful suggestions that could be used to make the game better in future versions. 

Day0. Spawned in somewhere on the East coast. Just saw some residential buildings all around me, with not much loot. I did find a .22 magazine in a blue car. I saw a fully geared player heading on the road running to the south probably for PVP. I ran north and was held up by another player who thankfully didn't kill me once he found out I had nothing. I believe I was somewhere up near Berezino. After getting held up I got off the road and went west into some more residential houses and a hospital. Still found nothing of worth. I tried to kill a zombie with a shovel, but strafing seemed very clunky and I ended up taking some damage. Crouching/Standing seems to have no difference in being spotted by zombies as of now. 

It is amazing idea, especially for role-players.

Write something about your character. Name, origin, education, occupation, goals. It would be interesting for your story :).

I have my own DayZ diary from 0.58. But only in Czech language :/.

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, robbyj said:

I didn't see an area to kind to post this sort of information so I believe this was the most appropriate category. I will be attempting to document my players life in Dayz. At the end of each life I will attempt to provide a useful suggestions that could be used to make the game better in future versions. 

I believe this is the area you are looking for.

Day 1 Wandered further north west away from the coast. Met a few others who were all friendly to me, but were also low on gear. I was able to kill a chicken with a stone knife. I have not found much loot besides a fire axe and a small pistol. I found the pistol in a yellow residential home. Later on a player ran right past me on the road and did not notice me. This player had a large backpack and a shotgun. Using my fire axe, I was able to kill this person and grab the shotgun. I will usually leave people alone unless they are in my path or contesting me for gear in the area. I'm still pretty lost, but I have to say that "crouch running" is by far one of the best ways to travel as other players seem to not hear you still move at a decent pace. 

Notes On PVP: I was easily able to sneak up behind the armed player, however, it seemed to take many hits with the axe before they fell to the floor. Their shotgun was loaded as well. 

Day 2 Everything I took from the player I killed disappeared when I logged back in. Maybe I killed him after he disconnected? Anyway, I was able to find myself an mp-133 on my way to Gorka. Once I was inside, the police station had a nice Glock19 with a flashlight, mag and loads of 9mm ammo. After finding this I went over to hunting stands to the north. I killed a deer with my shotgun, but I did not have any materials in order to cook it. I did not see anyone today. I am still looking for a Hunters backpack and some farming equipment. 

On 11/14/2016 at 8:52 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

It is amazing idea, especially for role-players.

Write something about your character. Name, origin, education, occupation, goals. It would be interesting for your story :).

I have my own DayZ diary from 0.58. But only in Czech language :/.

On 11/14/2016 at 0:24 PM, emuthreat said:

I believe this is the area you are looking for.

Funny that the Community Manager wouldn't be aware of a diary thread 54 pages long and over 2 years old. Meh- DayZ. 

3 hours ago, eno said:

Funny that the Community Manager wouldn't be aware of a diary thread 54 pages long and over 2 years old. Meh- DayZ. 

It's in the new player category. I don't know why I would be posting in there if I am not a new player. That thread makes it seem like it's a "How was your Dayz" discussion for new players only or something.

7 minutes ago, robbyj said:

It's in the new player category. I don't know why I would be posting in there if I am not a new player. That thread makes it seem like it's a "How was your Dayz" discussion for new players only or something.

And even a remote glance at its 54 pages would clearly show that's not the case. Anyway, knock yourself out. If you "spawned in somewhere on the east coast" and don't know where- then you're new.

The rest of us will be posting our stories in there. 

Have fun.

Edited by eno

On 11/19/2016 at 5:28 PM, eno said:

And even a remote glance at its 54 pages would clearly show that's not the case. Anyway, knock yourself out. If you "spawned in somewhere on the east coast" and don't know where- then you're new.

The rest of us will be posting our stories in there. 

Have fun.

Erm. New Player Discussion denotes that everything in the said category would be for the eyes of new players only. Seriously, read:

A place for questions, guides and stories about your first experiences in DayZ Standalone

I believe that more people would post interesting stories if there was a dedicated thread for this type of content outside of the New Player Discussion. Also, just because I wasn't sure where I spawned in, you assume I am new? That's just false. Even this forum account is from 2013. http://imgur.com/a/lVEqs

fuck dude- whatever. 

Write your blog and move on. Looks like you're off to a great start. 

Edited by eno

Day 3 I decided to leave Gorka and continue to head north to Severograd. I looted the town, but still wasn't able to find much. I decided to test out my shotgun and pistol on zombies nearby. From what I could tell it seemed like both weapons were extremely accurate from firing from the hip as well as aiming down the sights. The shotgun was able to take down zombies in one shot from impressive distances. I moved further north into a small military base and found nothing. I know there is an industrial factory nearby so I will try to look for a car I could fix up in order to drive to a better location on the map. The East side of the map seems to be lacking in loot until very far in the NE corner.