Sign in to follow this  
exwoll

Would you play in a realistic/hardcore server/mod? (poll)

Hardcore Servers/Mod demand  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play on realistic hardcore servers/mods?

• Hell yes!
    • No
    • Would give it a try
    • If there is enough people on the server

Would you play in a very realistic hardcore survival DayZ server (or mod) (once both tools are available)?

What I mean by realistic hardcore (among other things):

• Permadeath (a really long/or permanent respawn timer for individual servers
  • Scarce weapons and ammo
  • Scarce food
  • Unique character soft skills that can be learned by books
  • Realistic health system (wound treatment, infections, sicknesses, effects on gameplay, etc)
  • Morale/psychological system (Not to confuse with "moral")
  • Lot of craftable items 
  • Realistic basebuilding (some thing would be only buildable by large groups)
  • More dangerous infected, and also more numerous 
  • Stamina
  • Weight system 
  • Realistic inventory management 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

Would you play in a very realistic hardcore survival DayZ server (or mod) (once both tools are available)?

• Permadeath (a really long/or permanent respawn timer for individual servers Not being able to loot your own corpse but having others able to loot it for you
  • Scarce weapons and ammo Yes
  • Scarce food Yes
  • Unique character soft skills that can be learned by books Not a fan of this.  I prefer just needing to proper tools to accomplish the specific tasks
  • Realistic health system (wound treatment, infections, sicknesses, effects on gameplay, etc) Yes
  • Morale/psychological system (Not to confuse with "moral") This one I do not like
  • Lot of craftable items As long as they are realistic
  • Realistic basebuilding (some thing would be only buildable by large groups) The only building I'd prefer is fortifying the already existing buildings, not building massive fortresses ala Rust style
  • More dangerous infected, and also more numerous Yes
  • Stamina Yes
  • Weight system Yes
  • Realistic inventory management Yes

• Like 4

I am with Guy Smiley with an additional idea. Respawn time is 12h. For each kill you made, respawn time increases for additional 12h. With that, character gain a value for live.

- Unique character soft skills that can be learned by books - by books AND by repeating action more then two times 
 -Lot of craftable items - yes, much more than now. And with improvised repairs for weapons vehicles
 -Realistic basebuilding (some thing would be only buildable by large groups) - fortress in Origins mod is awesome, imagine having to cut down every tree (or logs that are by the road or at saw mill) and load one at the time in V3S, then unload every log and place one log at the time (needs 2 or 3 players to place one log)

- Permadeath (a really long/or permanent respawn timer for individual servers) - more then two hours would kill the will to play (if you fall and die or something like that)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, exwoll said:

• Permadeath (a really long/or permanent respawn timer for individual servers

I would love to see that! A hardcore mode/mod with realy high restart timer. Think about it if you want to KOS! Nice addition especially for RP Servers. Possibility to drag your mate out of the line of fire and use Defibrilator, except headshot for shure. Not that he would be able to get back to the fight, just to get him up again >> need to build a barrickaded house. Give him medical assistance till he could go ahead on a journey.

• Lots of craftable items 

And degrade of weapons, tools and food. You need a weaponcleaning kit. Some things can only crafted in special buildings like those big sawmills or toolshops (those little ones with drill, grinder installed in it); food can be made longlasting by salt, Refrigerator, smoke. Coop for chickens or rabbits etc etc

• Scarce food

...and a cooking system. A warm meal will be much better for your status and your stamina then could beanz. Could have an impact to:

• Morale/psychological system (Not to confuse with "moral")

like in Zomboid.

• Realistic health system (wound treatment, infections, sicknesses, effects on gameplay, etc)

I would realy love to see where I´m hurt and which type of wound I have. Deep cut, scratch, gunshot through leg. And treat it accordingly.

• Stamina
  • Weight system 
  • Realistic inventory management 

Very important in my opinion. Not able to run from south to north like "The Flash". Inventory not able while running around. If you search someones Backpack it consumes time. If you want to take something out of your backpack it consumes time. Pockets in trousers and Jackets should be instantly available while moving.

• Like 2

@Arthur Dubrovka I agree with everything you've said. It fills me with more hope for hardcore servers in the future when I see more like minded players. I'm just killing time in vanilla until the game files are released for us mod creators to play with.

• Like 1