ShallowTech

Well Done BI!

Not sure if I have posted a thank you or not, regardless I will make this quick and to the point. Thank you BI team! When I originally purchased this game, around its release, I was extremely disappointed considering it was not even as good as the mod. Development was extremely slow in the beginning and I felt scammed. However, over the last year it seems that development has really picked up and the game is starting to come together! I am happy I still own the game and able to play it again. Even a few of my friends will be picking it up. The changes are amazing and looking forward to the future of this game. I am not sure what changed internally for your team but keep up the awesome work! We are even thinking about getting a server again for our small group.

-ShallowTech

• Like 3

Sorry, didn't mean to post it twice... issue with my browser.

Good to see posts like this. Glad you're backing and digging it...

If I can make a suggestion, it might be a better idea to find a solid and established community instead of renting a server for you and your friends. Imo, it ruins the experience when gearing up unopposed on a low-pop server.

Welcome back!

Dear OP, 

What is it that you like about the game now?  Does it have zombies yet? 

So... there's no need to reply because I took one of the other poster's advice and youtubed .60 and yeah it sucks. 

Edited by switchsl

The game is awesome. I am enjoying it and patiently waiting until it's finished. Some people will always complain.

.61 is great so far, Zombie movement/animation seems better, zombie spawns, wolves have been added, sound has been updated for weapons, weather improvements, etc. Actually went back to exp. because it was so much better than .60.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 5:01 AM, scriptfactory said:

Complaints (like compliments) are usually subjective or insincere. My opinion: .60 is not fun. Hoping .61 will be better.

I don't like you, but I do agree with you. No offense intended. I had to say it that way to silence the protesting voices in my head. Six-0, while a very important and excellent update, was not much fun. Exp .61 is a little better, but it's not hooking me either, despite the fact that I missed infected AI desperately for the last year. Maybe as they polish performance up a bit it will get more fun.

On 23.11.2016 at 0:01 PM, scriptfactory said:

Complaints (like compliments) are usually subjective or insincere. My opinion: .60 is not fun. Hoping .61 will be better.

True. However, the very civil cirtics thread by another poster has been deleted by a mod without comment. So don't be surprised to only see the "yay BI" here. And yet people wonder why the official forums haven't been able to attract more posters than its peers ...

• Like 3

Well, i'm for one want to thanks them too and dean and hicks for such an awesome job.

i most say, what @ColdAtrophy said is right. .60 wasn't that much fun but a very important update. .61 is much better, dynamic spawn of infected is awesome and wolfs are great danger even to a guy who goes full military. i do hope that they managed to fix server performance issues and we are good to go. 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2016 at 0:56 PM, ColdAtrophy said:

Maybe as they polish performance up a bit 

I have to say .61 experimental has the best performance (server and client wise) of all past builds . Not only are the servers up almost all day which is a big thing for experimental, but the client gets great fps even on low end rigs . I know because my awesome computer broke two weeks and ago aand I've since then been playing on an I-3 intel onboard 5500 graphics laptop but yet I still get a solid 30-40 fps in cities-rural areas .

if you haven't played dayz in a long time and are especially waiting for a little better and scarier survival experience : try .61 experimental , I believe it will impress you immersion wise (lots of scary moments with the wolves and dynamic zombie spawns , only issue is how slow zombies are and how they push you , also no vehicles right now but not for long).

On 11/26/2016 at 6:22 AM, blackberrygoo said:

I have to say .61 experimental has the best performance (server and client wise) of all past builds .

They must've improved it dramatically since I last played it about a week ago then.

@ColdAtrophy .61 has the best performance for me so far too, are you sure that your problem isn't related to your PC - perhaps?

5 hours ago, ColdAtrophy said:

They must've improved it dramatically since I last played it about a week ago then.

I'm soloing on low pop and the AI performance is night and day better with less players, my ping is shit no matter where I play so it doesn't bother me to play on AUS and SNG 1pp maybe give that a try? 

I cant tell if it's "server performance" or if they're activating and tweaking AI sensors as .61 develops but sneaking around getting my first gear as a freshie or going full cowboy curing them with bullets have been providing some great PvE experiences with an occasional human encounters that have been better than 50/50 on the good/neutral side

1 hour ago, TikTactical said:

@ColdAtrophy .61 has the best performance for me so far too, are you sure that your problem isn't related to your PC - perhaps?

My PC is more than up to the task. I have an i5-4690k @ 4.5ghz, water cooled, GTX 970, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, (2) 256 GB SSDs and a 1TB HDD. OS and games are always on the SSDs. GPU drivers stay up to date. It still could be my PC is not handling something specific to .61 all that well though. I am having an issue still where my GPU driver randomly crashes. I can binge anything else as much as I want. Doom 4, Overwatch, Titanfall 2 - all run flawlessly for hours and hours. Exp .61 crashes for me randomly for some reason. I've tried two clean installs of different driver versions and none of it seemed to make a difference. I wrote it off as Exp woes and didn't think much of it, but as forcefully as people are claiming perfect performance, perhaps I shouldn't have.

19 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I'm soloing on low pop and the AI performance is night and day better with less players, my ping is shit no matter where I play so it doesn't bother me to play on AUS and SNG 1pp maybe give that a try? 

I cant tell if it's "server performance" or if they're activating and tweaking AI sensors as .61 develops but sneaking around getting my first gear as a freshie or going full cowboy curing them with bullets have been providing some great PvE experiences with an occasional human encounters that have been better than 50/50 on the good/neutral side

I noticed a lot more loading/lag spikes in .61 than in .60. My assumption was that it was because of the reintroduction of AI en masse. I was also playing on a high population server too since I was in the mood for 1pp and there was only server which was staying full.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

@ColdAtrophy and @BCBasher Try to delete the .cfg file for DayZ in the documents folder, if you haven't done that already. That should definitely help with the stuttering.. :)

EDIT: Infact delete the entire "DayZ" folder in documents (perhaps move it to the desktop) and then let DayZ generate a new one when you launch the game. All your video settings and keybindings will be reset, if you don't know. :)

Edited by TikTactical

4 minutes ago, ColdAtrophy said:

My PC is more than up to the task. I have an i5-4690k @ 4.5ghz, water cooled, GTX 970, 16GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro, (2) 256 GB SSDs and a 1TB HDD. OS and games are always on the SSDs. GPU drivers stay up to date. It still could be my PC is not handling something specific to .61 all that well though. I am having an issue still where my GPU driver randomly crashes. I can binge anything else as much as I want. Doom 4, Overwatch, Titanfall 2 - all run flawlessly for hours and hours. Exp .61 crashes for me randomly for some reason.

I noticed a lot more loading/lag spikes in .61 than in .60. My assumption was that it was because of the reintroduction of AI en masse. I was also playing on a high population server too since I was in the mood for 1pp and there was only server which was staying full.

Both points are funny because I'm playing on an at least 5 year old hp laptop that I cut up the plastic and moved the HD outside the case stood on it's side to keep it from CPU throttling for heat management and I'm getting great performance (relatively speaking) this patch.

So far as I can tell it's player bubbles meeting or bubbles activating too much AI across the map at a time that are causing slowdowns and other clunkieness.  

• Like 2

Also yes there are problems at the moment with the server side performance not being very good, which can make some weird stuff happen in .61 exp. Usually a good indication of slow server performance is zombies moving slowly and animals having a slow moving pace aswell

• Like 2