Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

Hello ! 

I felt that the server performance is way better with the last patch ! Stil have some bugs with the doors !

I think the speed of the roe deer should be increase, I managed to kill one with a branch ! They can ran at a maximum of 90 km/h in real life !

I really love hunting with this patch ! The improvised bow is easier to shoot and it's good ( nice to kill zombie silently).

Wolves are too resistant, 3 or 4 7.62x39 shots to kill them is too much !

I hope the cars will make there return soon !!!

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) When i played early this morning i read a message in the chat game saying " Hicks:..the wrong windows again (or something like that)" I was like Wtf ?! is that was you ?

Edited by hemtek
  • Like 2

Hey Brian, i'm curious about vehicules, not sure if you already mentionned it somewhere, but will they be back for 0.61? If so, in the same state as 0,60? I.e. vehicules despawning due to bugs? (I think i heard bugs about physics and/or orientation) If you could expand on this a bit i would appreciate, thanks!

Had some fun last night. New spawn and fought a few zombies until I was out of bandages and bleeding. Not finding any rags I finally decided to commit suicide by zombie so I took two on without really trying to defend myself. Just then a player ran by on the road, saying 'Hello' and kept on running, no offer of help.  Having a possible source of salvation in the area I dispatched the two zombies and took off after the player. Unfortunately I couldn't keep up and lost him in a small village. I checked as many of the houses that I could, all the while asking for help. No luck and I went unconscious and then died.

Did have some trouble picking some things off the ground. Also some doors didn't quite work and opening the trunk on a car opened the front doors, not the trunk.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, cage53 said:

Not finding any rags I finally decided to commit suicide by zombie so I took two on without really trying to defend myself. Just then a player ran by on the road, saying 'Hello' and kept on running, no offer of help.

try to survive next time. maybe a player would help you then. if there's someone obviously killing himslef, I would not offer help, too I think. They always triesd to punch me down...

• Like 2

There's some confusion about wolves it seems. YES, they can kill you in 2-3 hits. They aim for the head, and even if you're at 4800+ blood/health, they can kill you.

There's still "bone condition". When you get hit by melee, bullets, or even wolves, when the screen flashes red, it means your bone condition is low and you can die from any hits after that. Using morphine or a splint is very important.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hemtek said:

I really love hunting with this patch ! The improvised bow is easier to shoot and it's good ( nice to kill zombie silently).

Yes, this! Maybe a silenced pistol is the best weapon but they are kinda hard to come by so the best first thing is the improvised bow. Glad they changed it and hopefully it is not a bug. My first weapon from now on will definitely be the improvised bow.

2 hours ago, DaveB said:

Hey Brian, i'm curious about vehicules, not sure if you already mentionned it somewhere, but will they be back for 0.61? If so, in the same state as 0,60? I.e. vehicules despawning due to bugs? (I think i heard bugs about physics and/or orientation) If you could expand on this a bit i would appreciate, thanks!

Unfortunately vehicles will not see their return in 0.61. Let's hope they will be back in 0.62 and let's hope for more vehicles then as well. Maybe the dirt bike or the bicycle, that would be so awesome!

22 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

There's some confusion about wolves it seems. YES, they can kill you in 2-3 hits. They aim for the head, and even if you're at 4800+ blood/health, they can kill you.

There's still "bone condition". When you get hit by melee, bullets, or even wolves, when the screen flashes red, it means your bone condition is low and you can die from any hits after that. Using morphine or a splint is very important.

Wolves in real life aim for the jugular so I think they do that in-game too and they can or will hit your head (by accident) which will kill you fast.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, DaveB said:

From my understanding, vehicles will not be in this patch as they still need to work on them. 

• Like 2

Hello!

Quick question, will we be able to que to a server and also be able to look for another one at the same time in the future?

EDIT or do other stuff ingame, idk settings, look at are saved charachters and so on...

Maybe even, play on a nother server until the server we want to play on has an empty spot(that we have que for).

"pop up window" - do you like to switch do the other server now? Yes/No ..

Best regrads, gonna check out the latest version now!

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

A nother quick question, are we gonna see zeds crawling/jumping in through broken windows? AND/or are we gonna be able to do it?

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

7 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

No - and if you check the OP you'll see reaction time is an issue tied to server performance.

So what's the deal with collision/navigation in complex structures?  I've noticed that certain doors are predictably difficult to navigate; having to crouch, stand or vault every time I enter or exit a quonset hut, for instance.  Wolves seemed to behave unusually in cities, as well.

I ran into a large pack of wolves yesterday in Sverograd, and they were all moving at a very retarded pace, clipping into houses and possibly even under the map in a couple places.  I aggro'd one from very close, and he just kept spinning in place and lunging at my last position, the others didn't even seem to notice getting beat-down with an axe.

Also, this happens now when I pick up wolf pelts.  

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 2

3 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

That's not what a mod told me awhile back when it couldn't be cured and threatened to give me a break from posting if I kept talking about it. I do wonder about seeing my health now and not being able to get it back to full no mat what I do though. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

That's not what a mod told me awhile back when it couldn't be cured and threatened to give me a break from posting if I kept talking about it. I do wonder about seeing my health now and not being able to get it back to full no mat what I do though. 

Healing won't bring it back to full health? I've noticed it's slow raising health back to maximum and it takes staying with the healing status constantly to finally get it back to maximum which takes quite a while to do so. I wish they'd increase healing so that it doesn't take what feels like days to get back to full health.

• Like 2

@BCBasher  One way or another, the wrath of the bone will prevail...

Edited by emuthreat
Misquiote.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Healing won't bring it back to full health? I've noticed it's slow raising health back to maximum and it takes staying with the healing status constantly to finally get it back to maximum which takes quite a while to do so. I wish they'd increase healing so that it doesn't take what feels like days to get back to full health.

Yeah, I've had 2-3 Character with more significant life spans at full bright green statuses stop regenerating health in the 4000-5000 range and taking off shoes or any other usual method for fixing stuck statuses doesn't work.

Back to the bone thing I took a spill off the Skalatisy castle scaffold last night and lived for a change, saw the red flash, took some health and blood damage, broke my legs, but was carrying morphine. Look forward to seeing how that pans out

Tip using Rain Coat and Helmet, u can avoid  to gain cold status after rain

• Like 2

I just discovered that wolves do spawn in military bases. I was running around checking barracks in tisy when I heard the ominous howl the wolves make and before I realized just how close they were, they were chasing me out of tisy towards the big lake behind it and although I thought about killing them I kept running like a wimp until I eventually lost them so if you're running around Tisy looting, be careful as you may come upon wolves.

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 2

As I was healing tonight I took a chance to appreciate the new sound system, I figured I'd lay in a bush see what happens in the bay with the houses on Skalatisy. I heard one guy presumably shooting infected and I could hear whether he was left or right getting closer, watched him run through the village and as he ran to the lighthouse beside me I could hear the footsteps on gravel then the lower floor and finally the metal catwalk. I resisted the urge to go put my bear trap at the base of the ladder while he was up there because I'm a nice guy. When I got back inland I tracked a herd of elk by sound, crawled up on them nice and close and watched them laying there resting and set my sight on the big buck. I even managed to time my shot pretty much at the same time as some yahoo blasting away in the town below hopefully masking my shot from other players and the infected. I rushed in cut it up and got the hell out of there and ran off into the woods before getting disconnected for the last time, had a lot less frequent disconnects tonight.

I managed to heal up fully but I had morphined, the other times I hadn't healed fully I hadn't used morphine after getting beat round by infected or falling. I noticed there was no lingering "hit legs" or whatever in the modifiers in the debug stat box this time, is that the infamous "bone status"?    

Another beautiful sunset from Dayz SA 0.61, don`t miss it! :)

20161115141923_1.jpg

UK 11 experimental is the server to join for sure - happy oil barrel hunting near the NW Airfield! :)

20161116044956_1.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

One way or another, the wrath of the bone will prevail...

Mining may dig up nothing more than fools gold, as will being indiscrete while throwing sticks and stones often results in...

Happy to see you are enjoying  0.61***, keep up the feedback and don't forget, be good !

Edited by Brokenbones
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

There was a small patch yesterday along with a character wipe so that may have been why your character started fresh.

It happen after I installed the update - so someone killed me after I loged out for sure, but it was a near a fishing boat - so I should know better! ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IMT said:

Unfortunately vehicles will not see their return in 0.61. Let's hope they will be back in 0.62 and let's hope for more vehicles then as well. Maybe the dirt bike or the bicycle, that would be so awesome!

Where did they state this? If they don't bring them back in .61, they won't do so in .62 since they declared in the last SR that .62 will only focus on visual upgrades with a small branched off dev team. No mention of vehicles. They surely do not plan to wait with vehicles for beta? That may be half a year or more without one of the core gameplay mechanics, this late into the project? What the hell?

• And some good steps in the right direction again - Dayz SA dev. team doing a lot of promising content updates for sure. And scope PU & Longrange animation feels more solid on the weapons, and follow the aim smoothly. Persistance is working indeed my oil barrel survived since last experiemental patch update. 
  • It was suppose to be a more dangerous weather condition. You need a plan and have proper gear for a long swim for sure. But you regain warmth faster now, and the cold tick a bit slower down when you`re wet - so it`s much better balance related to body temperature, well done! 

They are probably working on Zombie AI, because you can shot with a rifle at 500 + meter range into a town with zombies, and they won`t aggro the person. And zombies still push other players around in melee, and sometimes lag inside the building or you get knocked outside the building, hehe. 

Anyway, it will be interesting to get this new patch on stable soon - so the whole team can focus on beta, new animations, base building, and much more with new beautiful forest design in a previous status report 8th of novemeber. Well done Bohemia, it was worth the wait indeed, and the best time of the year to play Dayz SA! ))

Edited by ori42
content update
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BCBasher said:

As I was healing tonight I took a chance to appreciate the new sound system, I figured I'd lay in a bush see what happens in the bay with the houses on Skalatisy. I heard one guy presumably shooting infected and I could hear whether he was left or right getting closer, watched him run through the village and as he ran to the lighthouse beside me I could hear the footsteps on gravel then the lower floor and finally the metal catwalk. I resisted the urge to go put my bear trap at the base of the ladder while he was up there because I'm a nice guy. When I got back inland I tracked a herd of elk by sound, crawled up on them nice and close and watched them laying there resting and set my sight on the big buck. I even managed to time my shot pretty much at the same time as some yahoo blasting away in the town below hopefully masking my shot from other players and the infected. I rushed in cut it up and got the hell out of there and ran off into the woods before getting disconnected for the last time, had a lot less frequent disconnects tonight.

I managed to heal up fully but I had morphined, the other times I hadn't healed fully I hadn't used morphine after getting beat round by infected or falling. I noticed there was no lingering "hit legs" or whatever in the modifiers in the debug stat box this time, is that the infamous "bone status"?    

Just a quick question, can you quarter a deer with a kitchen knife? I was trying earlier today and it didn't give me the option...

• Like 1

@ori42 

Not been here in a view days. Last I was, I read a post from you on bullet snaps and how we shouldn't hear bullet travel on subsonic rounds. Its cool you have a differing opinion based on what you wanna see in the game but it shouldn't be based on realism. I was left confused by the last post I read of yours on this, because while I appreciate there will be no sonic boom from a subsonic round, surely a piece of metal whizzing past your head at an incredible speed would none the less make a noise? Just because it's not making a sonic boom, it doesn't mean that there would be complete silence does it? I found this....

Just a quick google of the "the sounds bullets make in flight" etc will tell you that all bullets make a noise irrespective of whether they travel at the speed of sound or not.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) I appreciate you confirmed you were looking to add bullet travel back in and if that changed you'd let us know. Can you please go further and say if we will be getting this for 0.61 or not? I can't tell you how immersion breaking this is (to me), last night I was handcuffed and stripped of loot in Myshkino tents. They made me stand in the open by the quansit hut while a distant sniper took target practice on me. This should have been seat of my pants exciting/scary but with no bullet zips, it just wasn't. I managed to break free and as I was running away a dude was shooting at me, again no noise at all as I tried to escape. This is a huge one for the feel of the game, it just feels so much less authentic in a gun fight, or when your life is in danger at the moment and this has much bigger impact than I think is realised atm. Fear of death and the amazing tension that builds when your life is on the line is one of the main draws of DayZ, the "all on the line" aspect of each encounter is what gets the heart beating and the adrenaline going for many of us, at the moment this is missing a lot when fired upon, because the danger just doesn't feel there until you are dead.

Certainly from a content creation point of view, trying to make a vid of this feel as tense as it should when I don't fire a shot in the encounter is really tough. When my life is seriously under threat the viewer will do well to work it out on 0.61. I know you are making the  game for the entire player base, I'm only one DayZ player the same as everybody else, with one opinion, but if the game doesn't translate the same tension, drama, realism, fear of dying when playing it live, it goes without saying it wont when reproduced for YT audiences as well.

Edited by therunningmanz
  • Like 3