Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

Was there a character wipe with this update, or did I get blasted while logging out last night?

Edit: It appears that my 1pp char was also sent back to the coast.

Thanks for all of the appropriately timed information distributed through the official channels.  Next thing you know, I'll have to get a Costco membership to keep up with the most current DayZ announcements.  /s 

Edited by emuthreat
Yup, Wiped.
  • Like 2

I sneaked trough the entire Tisy-Base yesterday without any zombieaggro. I was slow and pretty scared all the time. But it was great, I got my loot and I lost no blood at all. I love it!

• Like 1

Because of wipe I dont know because I died before patch was incoming. Anyone else notices much less Jittering/lag in houses or if you go through a door? It´s much better now for me and Im playin at a high ping server. 

• Like 2

I've been away for a couple of months. Could someone point me towards some information about the newest patch. I'm mostly interested in a list of new items that were introduced into game.

• Like 1

There was a character wipe with this patch, unfortunately. I also learned never leave backpacks full of gear you want on the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonappetit said:

I've been away for a couple of months. Could someone point me towards some information about the newest patch. I'm mostly interested in a list of new items that were introduced into game.

Wolves and hightop sneakers, more infected all over the map as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Was there a character wipe with this update, or did I get blasted while logging out last night?

You got wiped.

I did too so I as quickly as possible got back to Skalatisy, I took a slightly shorter route but no hot items in my pocket and it wasn't nearly as bad cold wise.

They might have dialed back the wet/cold ratio seemed to warm up an dry off faster too.

Found a small drybag.

Could be trigger based and effected by everyone being on the coast again but Kami was just packed with infected, Skalatisy just had three at a time in the central field no matter how loud or quiet I got. 

• Like 4

I just played on DE2 and somebody took a shot at me while I was looting the houses just south of Mogilevka. I tried to push him since I had a shotgun but the encounter felt like .60 and before: The desync was real. He hit me while I was standing behind a corner, I shot and hit him with the shotgun from 2m but he did not drop, then he took another shot while his model was not aiming at me and I was dead. I think he only had a crossbow. Maybe we kill traded maybe not.

So I heard that the shotgun got a buff but I did not really notice it in this situation. While I usually don't complain about such stuff: for .61 the goal is to improve server performance but I feel like the patch from today was maybe a step back (or no improvement). Even after I re spawned the movement was jerky and I got stuck in nearly in every building.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Wolves and hightop sneakers, more infected all over the map as well.

Thought it'd be more, thanks nevertheless @BCBasher

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

I can't say there's not more, that's stuff I've seen.

The wolves and infected quantity are pretty cool compared to the PVE drought that the last few patches have been.

Speaking of wolves pretty sure I heard some in the distance on the south coast, some nice guy on Skalatisy let me shoot the infected chasing him before he shot me. Think I'm gonna head inland this life.

Not sure if they changed it or it's that I changed to full range speakers but I can hear infected footsteps at least twenty feet now. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

I just played on DE2 and somebody took a shot at me while I was looting the houses just south of Mogilevka. I tried to push him since I had a shotgun but the encounter felt like .60 and before: The desync was real. He hit me while I was standing behind a corner, I shot and hit him with the shotgun from 2m but he did not drop, then he took another shot while his model was not aiming at me and I was dead. I think he only had a crossbow. Maybe we kill traded maybe not.

So I heard that the shotgun got a buff but I did not really notice it in this situation. While I usually don't complain about such stuff: for .61 the goal is to improve server performance but I feel like the patch from today was maybe a step back (or no improvement). Even after I re spawned the movement was jerky and I got stuck in nearly in every building.

Shotgun got a buff according to my last encounter, one shotted in a deerstand from the ground. 

Had three encounters since the patch and one caused some real lag the other two I didn't notice anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I can't say there's not more, that's stuff I've seen.

The wolves and infected quantity are pretty cool compared to the PVE drought that the last few patches have been.

Speaking of wolves pretty sure I heard some in the distance on the south coast, some nice guy on Skalatisy let me shoot the infected chasing him before he shot me. Think I'm gonna head inland this life.

Not sure if they changed it or it's that I changed to full range speakers but I can hear infected footsteps at least twenty feet now. 

Oh right, the wolves. Good alternative from zombies, more things to be afraid of.

Can't wait to jump in the game again, just waiting for the pinched nerve in the lower back to ease the pain a bit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I had an incident fumbling hot keys on my way from Svet to the the south east point and ended up dead, between Berizino and Solchiny right on the highway. I got a spawn right on the point and rushed back to see if I could loot my corpse. I didn't find my body but pretty sure I found the guy who did, couldn't understand him so I got back on with my plan. I found everything I needed to grow pumpkins around the point which aside from getting stuffed was part of my plan to survive the swim I was planning now that I'd lost the wolf steaks I was going to use. I swam to the little Island with trees just off the point below Tulga and got a fire going to warm and dry me from the short swim and heat some pumpkin slices to keep in my pockets for the long swim to Skalatisty. Step one went well but by half way to the big Island I knew I was in trouble, the water is very cold for swimming this time of year. I chose to wear a full green paramedic uniform because I hadn't come across anything waterproof and was full hypothermic by the time I landed on the other side even with the hot pumpkin in my pockets. I really figured I was done for but gave it a go shooting for the nearest flat spot with bushes close by to get a fire going, totally missed the infected lurking so now I'm dying of hypothermia and getting beat on by a zombie. Killed him with my pick axe and got that fire going and kept feeding it sticks, after what seemed like forever my wife called and did her usual ask me if I'm "winning" and I explained yet again no one wins DayZ you just try to take longer to loose and at that moment my status went from the dreaded red "hypothermia" to a beautiful brown "freezing" and the dying stopped at 340 health and 1200 blood.

So now that I'm there I can say if you can make it or spawn there Skalatisy is a wonderful infected shooting gallery with a fine selection civilian firearms and ammo and enough powdered milk to support two or more survivors. I had to have killed more than 30 with a magum and mosin and although I'm finding it hard to believe there ever would have been that many people there but I'd say the respawning infected is working pretty smooth, haven't see one pop out of nowhere and saw signs that the AI's eyesight diminishes at night. I feel like Will Smith in "I am legend" with my own little zombie lab now.     

I did see one spawn in once. When Dudester100 and me were watching over a place where some infected were shot by another player I saw one spawn right in a field. When spawned in the model was all grayish and quickly after that he got the normal infected model.

• Like 1

So I've cranked gamma and brightness all the way up, and I can't see shit. This a new thing? I welcome it if so.

EDIT

Never mind. Alt-tabbing seems to have resolved it. I guess maybe the menu wasn't working properly or something. Shame.

Edited by BeefBacon
  • Like 1

Few things I encountered my last couple runs :

-Rags to armband cant be undone

-using stone knife on a apple branch and canceling the action reads: stopped skinning <<hahaha 

-sad to see stacking items for slots is back.

-got of the path into the Woods. Heard the howls. Went back up to the path but the wolves didnt engage.

What items are needed for creating a hand drilling kit? Forgot :) 

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Few things I encountered my last couple runs :

-Rags to armband cant be undone

-using stone knife on a apple branch and canceling the action reads: stopped skinning <<hahaha 

-sad to see stacking items for slots is back.

Did not try it for some time but I think with a knife you can cut an armband back to an rag. For a hand drill kit simply combine bark and wooden sticks.

What do you mean with "stacking items for slots"?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Bark and a stick.

I don't think you can do it with the white birch bark though.  Also, have we never been able to get sticks from birch trees?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IMT said:

I did see one spawn in once. When Dudester100 and me were watching over a place where some infected were shot by another player I saw one spawn right in a field. When spawned in the model was all grayish and quickly after that he got the normal infected model.

Not at all surprising in groups I've seen loot do that playing with the kids. I've been real lucky with guns and ammo and going full wild west silenced or not and they're always respawning behind or beside me on the other side of nearby buildings or in the treeline. It at least seems like there's an attempt at some smoke and mirrors and on my solo shooting sprees it's making for some nice atmosphere. 

• Like 2

A couple of zeds followed me into an elevated cottage, as they were hitting me I was pushed onto the roof, lol! But seriously, this zombie pushing thingymajingy isn't working very well.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Bonappetit said:

The bulk of the changes, over the past several builds, have been under the hood, to the game engine, itself. For instance, we now have a new renderer and a new sound engine. There have also been significant changes to the loot economy, animations and sounds. Honestly, you should skim the Status Reports.

• Like 3

Only about 1.5 hours play in 1PP tonight.

Same as my last spawn, within moments I found a Sporter with 30 round mag, this time only half full.

Heading North towards the storms the search for rags > rope > burlap began. Entering Krasnostav I found my burlap and then proceeded to gently loot about avoiding aggro. Having stashed some apples and a few odds and ends I became anxious to head North but just as I was about to head out of town I heard wolves and they were close.

With little to defend myself with I ran into a house and closed all the doors. I had drawn a single infected along and hoped I would see some infected vs wolf. Unfortunately the house I was in did not offer many good views but I did manage to empty most of the .22 into the wolves as they panned by a small window. There was a lot of snapping and growling and biting of the house. My character would shake and sometimes seem to desynch a little as they jumped on the building exterior.

After a while I sat for a couple minutes and the infected calmed down and I could not hear the wolves anymore. I opened one door to find this:

zO7pXRX.jpg

A wolf butt, clipped through the house.

SO, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, click, I emptied the rest of the mag into the wolf rump, which merely seemed to make the wolf curious rather than hurt it. Then as it turned and made it's way into the interior room I landed a few strikes with the hatchet, but the animal still seemed unimpressed. That's when I noticed his friend had clipped through a wall as well and I decided it was time to exit. Bleeding I ran for the woods expecting them to descend on me but I quickly realized that my shots had drawn more infected and they were occupying the wolves enough for me to retreat.

Past NE airstrip, and further North to the small group of civilian barracks that sit neglected alone in the woods. I found some canned food and a couple of other useful things before continuing North.

Now headed more West, I thought I had a good chance to find the Northernmost cities and towns when I heard the chilling howl once more.

Sprinting desperately hoping for another structure with a closable door I ran through the trees.

2 minutes, nothing, 3, minutes nothing, 4 minutes? Server restart. -_-

~fin~

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 6

Made it my personal mission to test the long wooden stick today. On surprise attacks it almost always 1 hit kills zombie to the head. When the zombie is aggro'd however, it's gonna be a 6-8 hit kill with the stick to the head. The aggro seems to be the deciding factor with the stick. The Sporter is acting strange, I hit a zombie 3 times in the head with it to kill it with aggro, 1 hit without aggro.

• Like 1

damn man, wolfs are pretty scary. 

i found a pack, killed  a few of those, ran out of ammo and tried to get them with melee and no luck. the thing is i couldn't hit them at all. 

i found it kinda buggy or un-balanced thought. one wolf killed me with 2 hits while i got 4800 HP, i hope they tweak devs damage somehow for stable.